Entry To The End (Sylkra, Nira'lia, Pash'nar)

The trio of travellers enters the once great city of Syliras to find it in desolation. They find a place to settle in and look into arrangements for sailing..and if such arrangements can even be made...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Nira'lia on April 27th, 2012, 9:09 am

The few people at the docks had placed their attention on the situation. Nira'lia could see the other pirates seemed fidgety, as if had been ready to step in the minute Sylkra pinned Pash'nar down. If Nira'lia remembered correctly, the Svefra regarded each other as one family... surely a wolf lunging at one of their own had not pleased them. However, now that Sariana had brought Sylkra aside, the other pirates seemed to calm down as well.

Nira’lia didn’t really know what to do now. He had a ship, and although he mentioned there was no place for a horse, he seemed to be interested in talking about transport. Besides, he was a Svefra -- if his ship wouldn't be suitable for them, he would most probably know where they should look instead. For Nira'lia, he looked like he could be of help, and it just didn't seem smart to get on his bad side.

"I'm so sorry!" said Nira'lia to Pash'nar. She rushed over to him to see if he needed any help, but she didn't give him a hand, as she knew what would happen if she touched him. As usual, she didn't see the need to use her konti gift. "That was... unexpected. Could you please excuse us for a moment, please? Again, I'm so sorry!"

She turned around and went to her companions quickly. Sylka still had a sceptical gaze at the man, and Nira'lia suddenly felt uneasy.

"What happened?" asked Nira'lia, her question largely addressed to Sariana since Sylkra couldn't speak in this form. They were off to a bad start with this Svefra man. Nira'lia looked worried. "I guess if you don't trust him, then we can find someone else to inquire from... but... most of the ships here are the Svefra's, if we get on the bad terms of one of them, it would be hard to get another one to trust us."

Nira'lia was talking about the tattooed man. He didn't seem pleased with them, after all. She turned her head to glance at him.

"We just need a boat that can have the three of us plus a horse. Would you be able to help us?" she asked hopefully, trying to brush away what had happened just moments ago, even if she knew that it was most probably futile. Nira'lia glanced at Sylkra, hoping the kelvic wouldn't pounce at the man again.
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Pash'nar on April 27th, 2012, 11:50 pm

The tattooed sailor reluctantly loosened his tentative grip on his only defense, sneering toothily to highlight the depths of his objection to the request. The fact that the wolf was drooling on him did not ease his feelings on the situation at all.

"Kind my petchin' arse—ain't no one else goin' to take th'likes of you fair lot out to sea these days. Ain't a boat b'tween here'n'the City of Illusion that'll show you any kindness 'bout now." He growled as Sylkra released him, jumping to his feet and taking a handful of steps backwards from the two women and their furry companion. He wiped his chest with a calloused palm and dusted sand from his vest without answering, even as Nira'lia apologized profusely. He finally looked up with a cold, cerulean glare, Fratavan gestures unconsciously emphasizing the anger in his tone,

"You've all got more balls'n'I do. That's for petchin' sure. You desp'rate t'get somewhere?" He thoughtlessly slipped out of his vest, turning to reveal the huge and intricate manta ray that spanned his shoulder blades. He shook sand from the fabric, scowling, though he refused to make further eye contact with the wolf, "Got some knights after your pretty arses, d'you? Nah, wait, don't tell me. I don't wanna know what kinda shyke you're in."

The dark-haired navigator sniggered, looking over the two women one more time before sliding back into his vest and hooking his thumbs in his belts at his waist, "I ain't got room for a horse, no matter how much coin you've got weighin' down your fancy purses. I might know someone who does, but I ain't convinced you're worth my petchin' time. It's dangerous out there after that djed storm. Y'all might be able t'yank some fear outta strangers, but I doubt you've got sea legs."

Pash'nar hissed, exhaling angrily through teeth that were too white and too perfect for his sea-worn features, "So, uh, how much coin y'got, then?"
Pash'nar
There's always room for more.

Words: 295535
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2011, 3:51 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Sariana on April 28th, 2012, 12:09 am

Stroking the wolf, Sariana stayed by her side kneeling down, looking up at the sailor. Her eyes were drawn to the intricate tattoo's on his arms, and even more-so to the giant ray on his back. She understood tattoos, her own being of great meaning to her. The drykas wondered if his had meaning too. As he spoke, the warrior held her tongue, glancing down at the wolf and shaking her head slightly. A silent request for her to stay. Standing, Sariana pursed her lips in thought, looking at Nira'lia and shrugging slightly. Until Sylkra shifted, she couldn't ask the wolf what concerns she had.

"I've got at least twenty gold miza's. And I'm not adverse to working to pay my way across the passage. The horse has to come." Sighing, the travel worn woman pushed a hand through her hair, her hard no-nonsense exterior cracking slightly in the filthy desolation and stink of desperation that rode on the wind. She hadn't stopped since leaving Endrykas it seemed, and the crumbled town had stumbled her resolve. If she couldn't take Vrathetu, then why the petch had Karthius led her here? Looking at the sailor again, she felt the same tugging urge she always got when she was on the right path. They had to get passage.

"I'm sorry, please." Reaching up, the brunette tucked her hair behind her ear and frowned. What else could she say? She wouldn't apologize for Sylkra, but she also knew that they needed him.

Sariana
Player

Words: 98220
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2012, 3:13 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Sylkra on April 28th, 2012, 12:53 am

Sylkra stopped growling as Sariana kneeled down next to her. She brushed her fur, which instantly made Sylkra calm down. She now stared at this man with a somewhat threatening look, but more curiosity. What was he? Who was he? What was he doing here?

Sylkra was wearing her collar in which Sariana had made for her. It was pure white, with some diamonds in it. Well, not exactly, but they were diamonds to Sylkra.

Sylkra decided that the time to talk has come. She shifted, and with a swirl around her, she was a human. Naked though.

"Excuse me." was all she said before rummaging through her pack. She found her skins, and slipped them on. She stared back up at the man.

"Who are you, stranger?" she asked coldly.

"If you want to live your life in a creative way, as an artist, you have to not look back too much. You have to be willing to take whatever you've done and whoever you were and throw them away."

~Steve Jobs

Sylkra
The Ranger Wolf

Words: 65240
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2012, 10:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nira'lia on April 28th, 2012, 4:50 am

Nira'lia looked down at her feet. She knew the man wasn't talking literally, but she... had sea legs, literally. While Nira'lia didn't grow up in Mura like the other konti, she still always felt at home with the sea. She knew the storm had made the sea dangerous, but for some reason, she wasn't frightened. More so, she was looking forward to their days out at sea -- somehow, she felt like she needed it.

"Twenty gold mizas sounds like a lot for one person..." muttered Nira'lia, though she didn't really mind if anyone didn't hear her. She had about only about double of that amount in her purse. The konti had no idea how much fare across the sea would be, but she couldn't help but feel uneasy at Sariana's offer.

Several people shifted their heads and turned to the group once more when Sylkra shifted. They were actually fortunate that Sylkra was one of the kelvics who chose to slip unto clothing. Yes, there was about a minute where she wore nothing, but other kelvics chose to not make an effort at all.

"Just so you know..." said Nira'lia as she looked up at the man.”My name is Nira'lia, this is Sariana, and this is Sylkra."

She pointed to each of them as she said their names. Since Sylkra was asking for his name, albeit coldly, she thought it common courtesy to give their names as well.

"We all started from Zeltiva, and we need to go to Alvadas for our separate reasons. And... you heard Sariana, I think we have enough coin with all of us to make it worthwhile,” said Nira’lia with a huge grin.
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Pash'nar on April 28th, 2012, 7:44 pm

The warrioress with the blades was talking and then the Konti woman was talking, but really, the wolf wasn't a wolf. It was a woman. And for a moment, a naked one. Pash heard voices and names and the promise of coins, but his cerulean gaze was pulled like the tide to the thing that changed shape before his eyes. The thing that drooled on him and clawed at his scarred skin and probably would be standing there with some hunk of his flesh in her mouth had she been given a second chance.

She.

He sniggered, finally drawing his gaze away as the woman—no, the animal as far as he was concerned—put on clothes. He blinked. Someone had asked his name. Which one?

An inked arm raised to his bare chest, calloused fingers splayed in introduction, "Pash." He quipped, short like a choppy wave in the wind, knowing he wasn't going to be remembering any of the names just given him. Thumbing his nose with a frustrated expression etched into his ageless, wind-swept features, the tattooed sailor stood quietly for a moment,

"A'ight. A'ight. Enough petchin' sob stories. I got'cha. You're all in terrible need of rescuin' by boat. S'fine."

He straightened, crossing his emblazoned arms, leather vambraces glinting in the morning sun, "Twen'y gold-rimmed mizas a piece, is't? For prob'ly two weeks at sea?" Sea glass orbs fell on the woman with the weapons and the wolf, "It ain't gonna be a pleasure ride, lass. You'll have to work, payin' or not."

The top-knotted navigator sighed and chewed his lip, "Now I'm gonna have to petchin' find a bigger boat, so don't get your hopes up. There ain't no way I can take on a horse unless we turn it into meat for eatin'."

Pash'nar grinned, almost cruelly, before breaking into cautious laughter. He was joking. Mostly. But his ego was still sore and he refused to look again at Sylkra.

"Us Svefra," oh gods, that sounded so wrong, "Got just as blasted as this petchin' city by the djed storm. It ain't gonna be easy to find folks willin' to take on passengers that ain't kin. I'll see what I can do'n your favor, but it may take some extra coin or some kinda trade. I'll ask 'round."

His words rung hollow in his chest, knowing the depths of distance he felt from his daytime flesh. Not always by choice, but simply by time. His expression softened, though he remained defensive in his stance. He needed the coin, but he wasn't sure he needed the risk, regardless of if they were all curves and eyelashes with mizas in their pockets. It was, at least, a little bit easier to swallow,

"Does that work for you," a dark-haired brow arched on his sun-kissed face, lips slowly attempting to turn upwards into a more inviting expression, "or d'you wanna try walkin' the beach for someone else?"
Pash'nar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sariana on April 28th, 2012, 11:35 pm

Sariana nodded glancing briefly at Sylkra as she shifted. The shimmering spectacle did something more than just allow the kelvic to speak, it allowed the svefra to see he hadn't just been attacked by some rabid animal. She had an intelligence and a voice. Twenty miza's and working on the boat...frankly the brunette didn't mind at all. Nothing was gained without a little hard work.

"Now I'm gonna have to petchin' find a bigger boat, so don't get your hopes up. There ain't no way I can take on a horse unless we turn it into meat for eatin'."

The drykas warrioress turned her blue eyes on Pash, hard and cold, her fists balling and jaw clenching tightly. A surge of violent, bloody anger swelled in her - and it took more than her standard self control to stop herself whipping out her rapiers and cleaving head from neck. There was no greater insult, and no easier way to get oneself killed, then to threaten a strider. They were honored creatures, fiercely protected by her people, the souls of ones passed could reside in their very being. Taking a breath, she released her fists gently, but she didn't trust herself to speak. His laughter had only served to blacken her opinion of him.

As the sailor tried on a smile, Sariana took another breath, glancing at the girls again. Without his attitude and stupid, stupid comment...the svefra could probably be attractive. And as much as she wanted to beat the stupid out of him, the drykas could feel the pull, the sensation. A puzzle piece, ready to fall into place. This man had to be with them. Blasted petching son-of-a...

"Works for me." She said softly, reaching up to shift the holster over her shoulders, finding something to do with her hands to ease her anger. Lifting her eyes again, the brunette raised an eyebrow at Nira'lia and Sylkra.

"If it works for you girls."

Sariana
Player

Words: 98220
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2012, 3:13 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Nira'lia on May 24th, 2012, 3:35 pm

The sailor's name was Pash and he was going to find a way to get them to Alvadas.

Everything else he said washed over deaf ears. Nira'lia paid no heed to the fare he announced, or to the fact that they had to work while onboard. Later on, it would be evident that Nira'lia wouldn't mind working. Her energy would be drawn solely from the fact that they were at sea, her second home.

"That's perfect!" said the Konti, getting ahead of herself. She said to Sariana, "Yes, it works for me."

She glanced at Sariana and saw the expression of agitation on the woman's face. Well, it was quite understandable—Pash'nar had just joked about eating her horse. The Konti smiled sheepishly at Sariana, but thanked her for having the patience to accept the offer.

Brilliant. The Konti smiled brightly. They had found transport! She thought about it for a moment and then added, "I want to pay right now... I trust you're not going to run, anyway."

The Konti rummaged in her belongings before pulling out a purse. She didn't know about her companions, but she wanted to give her payment before she forgot. Counting the coins, she took out twenty golden mizas and handed them to the sailor.

"Thank you," she said enthusiastically.

OOC- 20 GM for Nira'lia, + 20 GM for Pash
Last edited by Nira'lia on May 30th, 2012, 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Pash'nar on May 27th, 2012, 3:05 am

The tattooed sailor smirked, still unsure if this was really a deal. He'd have to get in touch with someone he knew—were there any Svefra in the area? any Svefra he called friends—and see what services he could offer in exchange for transporting a petching horse. Sixty gold mizas for the three of them. Maybe he should charge for the beast, too. Dusting off his one inked, calloused hand on his bare chest, he added,

"Sixty mizas for three'o'ya an' a'extra ten for th'horse." He stuck his hand out in expectation of it being shook, of closing the deal, one slim, dark-haired eyebrow cocked upward while his tide pool gaze hardened shrewdly. This was, in the end, his final offer, though he wasn't even sure it would be much of an offer at all if he couldn't scrounge up some contacts with a larger boat willing to cross the djed-shattered Suvan and face the dangers drudged up by the storm.

Hopefully, it'd only take him a solid day of searching. Then, they could leave in a few days once he'd rounded up enough supplies for the return journey. Maybe these folks would pay him before instead of after the trip. Maybe he could drink a bit instead.

His cerulean gaze wandered over the three women—two women and the female animal who looked very much like a woman when she wanted to—waiting for their response. If he lingered over any of them, he attempted to keep it as unintentional as possible, though it was difficult not to stare at the angry Drykas.

"It's a deal, then? Seventy mizas an' hopefully safe passage t'Alvadas. I can't guarantee ev'rythin', y'see. Let's shake on't like official folks then we can work'n the details."
His outstretched hand waited. They were all lucky he didn't spit in his palm first, to make it more official. He was sorely tempted, however.

Pash'nar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on June 25th, 2012, 8:14 pm

Character: Sariana
Experience: Observation +1 XP, Leadership +3 XP, Persuasion +1 XP, Negotiation +1
Lore: Syliras after the Djed Storm of 512, Soothing A Kelvic Bondmates Nerves, Being Firm In Negotiations
Money: - 30 Mizas (20 + 10 for horse)

Character: Sylkra
Experience: Observation +1 XP, Brawling +1 XP, Interrogation +1
Lore: ] Syliras after the Djed Storm of 512
Money: - 20 Mizas

Character: Nira’lia
Experience: Observation +1, Investigation +1, Diplomacy +1
Lore: ] Syliras after the Djed Storm of 512, Knowing How To Calm Volatile Situations, Using Good Manners Even In Difficult Situations,
Money: - 20 Mizas

Character: Pash’nar
Experience: Persuasion +1, Negotiation +2, Planning +2, Leadership +1
Lore: ] Syliras after the Djed Storm of 512, Recognizing Business Opportunities, Kelvics Can Attack Without Provocation, Practical Problem Solving, Compromising,
Money: +70 Mizas

Additional Note: Sylkra you always confuse me by stating your in wolf form but then make comments in your posts like ‘spoke to the guards told them she was visiting her master..” You need to shift to talk in wolf form or not talk at all. You seem to do rash things in thread too Sylkra, things that are likely to get you in trouble in Syliras. Snarling attacking Kelvics who have not been provoked would not be tolerated especially if witnessed by a Sylrian Knight. Be careful of starting fights in the city.

Nira’lia I enjoyed your character’s stoic politeness and calmness in the situation. There wasn’t much you did that merited XP but if I could give you presence or something like that I’d definitely award you some points because you were important to the group.

Pash’nar - thank you for not loading a horse on a casinor which wouldn’t have fit. I appreciate that enormously! I liked your negotiation with Sariana who is a great pc because she knows what she wants and needs and won’t settle for anything else. Great job Sariana!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous