Sylira Regional Quest (Ravok Sign-Up!)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Jeram on July 1st, 2012, 7:44 am

Main Quest, Major Quest, Minor Quest: Jeram is ready to do his duties for the Ebonstryfe wherever he is called to do and whatever he is asked to do. Though since he's an apprentice at the moment and probably won't become a full blown soldier before the quest starts i'm not sure what will completely be expected of him but whether it be doing work behind the scenes, or being on the front lines ready to fight for what should belong to Ravok. Pretty much anything is fine with me.

Appealing Threads: Anything is good that follows the will of Rhysol. Jeram could either be in combat, finding information, or anything in between. Most likely it would be something that deals with the Ebonstryfe and other side things.

How does Jeram fit: Jeram is a very devoted follower of Rhysol. As an apprentice of the Ebonstryfe he is expected and willing to do whatever he is ordered to do by his superiors. He's has skills for combat along with some points in other skills that could be useful for the types of missions that will probably be done.

What is he leaving behind?: Jeram isn't leaving a terrible amount behind. He hasn't really formed any very close relationships yet nor does he have any slaves or kelvics. More than anything he is leaving the city that he has been trained to protect for several years.

What is making him go on this dangerous quest?: As stated before Jeram loves and serves Rhysol. As a possible future soldier of the Ebonstryfe it is his duty to Ravok to participate in this quest. He would have no doubts in his mind that this is the right thing for him to do.
Jeram
Ebonstryfe Apprentice

Words: 34588
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2012, 2:22 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Arundhati on July 3rd, 2012, 7:58 pm

Main Quest, Major Quest, Minor Quest: Not sure...she'll do anything, really. She isn't completely developed, as I haven't yet threaded with her. When I do some flashbacks, she'll be more fleshed out, but for now...she'll probably do anything.

Appealing Threads: Combat isn't really her thing...but it would be fun to see her bite off someone's ear. She's kinda obsessed with the Ebonstryfe, mostly because her breed of horse was made for them to ride.

How does Arundhati fit: She's a freaking meat eating horse. With sharp teeth. Also, she worships Rhysol to the best of her abilities. She has some unarmed combat, persuasion, running and acrobatics...I haven't threaded with her yet, although I'm planning many flashbacks to flesh out her history. Also, she can kick people in the face with her sharp hooves.

Not that anyone really knows she's Kelvic. She's mostly in her human form. Still, sharp teeth. Perfect for biting off body parts.

What is she leaving behind?: The one place she knows. No really strong ties to her family or anything.

What is making her go on this dangerous quest?: Adventure.

Arundhati
I may not be what I appear to be.

Words: 11181
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2012, 7:28 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Aello on July 5th, 2012, 11:16 pm

Ehh... so you managed to pull the strings again.

Main Quest, Major Quest, Minor Quest: Surprise me.

Appealing Threads: Combat/Development. Time to pay good 'ol Rhysol back and pick a side! Woot woot!

How does Aello fit: Uh... I owe the city's master. I shall do his bidding... reluctantly.

What is she leaving behind?: The Kelvics. Erm... the chance to destroy the motherland?

What is making her go on this dangerous quest?: Alenias, that birdie has always been getting her into trouble.

NOTE: I get back late Summer season, the EARLIEST she can leave is the 71, late at night. The 72 or later would be far better.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Verilian on July 6th, 2012, 3:12 pm

Okay guys, I think I'm going to go ahead and close this signup thread. If you still want to join this, then PM me. I'll be posting the first IC thread today or Monday, which will also detail your reward. I'll let you guys know when it's ready.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Yaotl on July 6th, 2012, 6:23 pm

Main Quest, Major Quest, Minor Quest: Is it greedy to say I'm interested in all?

Appealing Threads: Combat and development, and whatever else in between.

How do I fit in: Yaotl is in things for the possible power it can give her. She is kind of more loyal to Ravok and Rhysol, but there are a lot of Gods she is interested in, and a lot of things she could use a Fragment for.

What is she leaving behind: Her slave, possibly, and her job guarding the Nitrozians. She doesn't really care about either.

What is making her go on this dangerous quest?: POWER! Also, importance. Maybe people will remember her name.
Yaotl
Let. Me. In.

Words: 16161
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 6:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Verilian on July 6th, 2012, 6:41 pm

Okay, guys, the first required thread is up. If you are intending to go on the quest to Sahova, then you must post here.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on July 6th, 2012, 6:59 pm

If the main quest requires Valerius to leave Ravok that long, I'll pass even though it may offer some interesting opportunities. I just can't see him abandoning his comfortable life and his job that long.

Besides, they'll need some people in Ravok as well, won't they? :)

I'd still like to have something to do with this plot though, so I'd appreciate an opportunity to investigate stuff/interrogate some knights/generally be involved in the threads that lead up to the big quest.

I'm most interested in threads that involve interrogation, torture or espionage. Valerius is neither a warrior nor a mage.

As for how he fits in, as I wrote he loves Rhysol. He wants to become a member of the Black Sun one day.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Words: 470233
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:39 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Verilian on July 6th, 2012, 8:30 pm

There will be sign-ups later for a thread leading up to the events of the main quest. There is also This Quest, but it's full now. Also there is going to be a quest actually in Ravok next fall. So if for whatever reason you miss out on this quest, there will still be stuff happening in Ravok. All my plotting is coming to fruition this season and next. >.>
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Malice on July 9th, 2012, 6:10 pm

Main Quest, Major Quest, Minor Quest: Malice feels most himself in violent situations, and on either the main or minor quests, he will execute his mission the best of his ability. In battle, he might become a tad over zealous because of his Zith nature. The length of the quest doesn't matter to him. He doesn't have a home. He really considers home and any loyalties in the past have been shattered after his betrayal. If they promise him money and prestige after the mission is over. He will be quite content on slaying knights for Ravok and Rhysol.

Appealing Threads: Malice is interested in getting involved with the militant part of Rhysols church. He is curious about human need for religion, and if quest or mission get him closer to the church and his goals. It doesn't matter what he has to do to achieve it. I role played combat before in other rps, so it would be fun to do it here in Mizahar. Hehe I don't think he would do good on diplomatic threads. He tends to be quick to temper and blunt when speaking to people who annoy him.

How does Malice fit: Malice is a professional mercenary, and if he is rewarded enough for his efforts. He will do the job. He is asked to do. His men and women at arms are considered his brothers and sisters till the mission is over, so he will not be a bother to the commanding officer. Malice has a tendency to meet his enemy head on in battle regardless of the odds. He isn't a honorable warrior if Ravok wants him to be ruthless to the enemy. He will.

What is he leaving behind?: Nothing Malice's way of life doesn't leave him much room to establish anything permanent, so if he needs to cross the continent to achieve his goals of the mission. He will go without a second thought.

What is making he go on this dangerous quest?: He likes Ravok and he wants to make a name for himself in the city. He wants to understand his human side, and he believes this city will help his education.
Malice
Player

Words: 7802
Joined roleplay: April 28th, 2012, 4:24 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Verilian on July 18th, 2012, 8:52 pm

This signup is now closed, however the quest itself isn't. Signups are now being done IC. For those of you who haven't yet posted, I will be sending you PMs. If you wish to sign up for the quest, you must do so in character in the following thread. You have until the end of summer:

Will of the Defiler
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Previous