Sylira Regional Quest (Ravok Sign-Up!)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Jeram on June 25th, 2012, 8:04 pm

Ready to serve.
Jeram
Ebonstryfe Apprentice

Words: 34588
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2012, 2:22 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Verilian on June 29th, 2012, 1:46 pm

Okay, first of all, thanks to everybody who has already signed up. Second, the sign ups are still open!

So I'm going to give a brief overview of things that are going to go down. First of all, if you don't want to participate in the main quest, but would still like to have some stuff to do with it, there are going to be a few short modded threads detailing the events leading up to the main quest itself. Ravok has to find out where the Knights are going and why, still, and those little threads will have things to do with that.

Now for the main quest. Ravok is going to be leaving some time around the 55th of Summer. You are going to be gone for the rest of summer, and well into fall, maybe even Winter. Even after the quest is over, you still are going to be stuck wherever it ends, so you'll have to make the long trek home.

There will be a few major side quests, as well as minor ones, along the way that may split the group up. We will allow you to volunteer for those when the time comes. The major side quests will be just as important as the main quest, so don't feel like you are missing out if you get split up. There is a lot happening in the Sylira region right now, and it's all going to be pretty epic.

Now, here is what I need from you. I'm looking over your CS's, but I want to know what sort of threads appeal most to you. I don't want anybody to be left out. I know some of you are less combat oriented, so what would you find just as exciting and appealing? I am going to try to cater this thing to you guys as best I can, but I do have some set events that are going to happen no matter what, so even if you can't fight, you may find yourself with a weapon in hand defending your life.

Anyway, that's all for now.

~V
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Verilian on June 29th, 2012, 1:50 pm

Oh, also, tell me how you think you fit into this quest. Are you a devout worshiper of Rhysol seeking to prove themselves? Are you a mercenary for hire? What are you leaving behind? What is making your character go on this dangerous quest, when they could just stay home and be safe in Ravok? I need to know this, so that I know how to introduce you to the quest.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Kyra on June 29th, 2012, 7:55 pm

Main Quest, Major Quest, Minor Quest: I'm up for any of these and the length of the quest doesn't matter. I haven't done any present day threads with this character yet so it won't matter how long she is away or where she ends up.

Appealing Threads: I'm up for any type really, there is a list of skills I want to improve and I'm sure that I will find the opportunity to do at least a few of them through different threads. I know she isn't the strongest in combat, but if there is a chance for her to fight and increase those skills I'm all for it.

How does Kyra fit: Kyra was the glorfied pet of a house that worshiped Rhysol, and has done so herself since. Kyra was born into a world surrounded by Chaos. Her small world was turned into dust and thrown to the winds of destruction right before her eyes. However, being a child and so quickly wrapped into the abyss, she learned to embrace the hell that chaos brought and all of it's unnatural order. Since her days in the Wild Lands, she has learned a lot about her true nature and understands now what she really is. Living alone now, without a master has left her free to adhere to her primal needs. Although Kyra is devoted to the spread of chaos, she is still very young and her mind is a book filled with blank pages. Kyra is attracted to power, like her masters before her, and looks to serve the most powerful of masters in Rhysol.

What is she leaving behind?: Kyra is pretty much invisible to the world, no friends or family.

What is making her go on this dangerous quest?: Besides looking to spread more chaos among the world, she is a hunter. She enjoys the hunt of prey, in whatever form it may be in. Joining the band of mercenaries to work with the Ebonstrfye would give her the chance to do both and serve the dark lord along the way.

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Words: 516587
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2012, 6:39 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Rezren on June 29th, 2012, 8:26 pm

Everything looks and sounds great Verillian!

How Rezren Fits:

Rezren is someone who alternates between idealizing the Ebonstryfe and the Syliran Knights. He is really sort of messed up and can't decide which side he identifies with or what aspects he identifies with. He'd join with the hope of putting an end to his confusion. Rezren hopes a direct conflict between the two parties would be a perfect place for him to sort himself out.

Also, as a sort of information broker, there would be plenty of valuable knowledge to be garnered from such a sensitive ordeal.

Danger:

He would be willing to put himself in peril to quell his inner turmoil, but if things get really bad, Rezren may flee, betray, or do just about anything to ensure his own survival depending on where he stands. He is doing this completely for himself.

I expect he may be disillusioned with both sides by the end...

Rezren
Player

Words: 48037
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2012, 3:09 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Iskessah on June 30th, 2012, 3:34 am

I tentatively decide to participate. As a player I was hesitant, but my characters insisted, and you don't disobey the will of your characters if you want to keep role-playing. So without further ado:

I am up for any of the quests. Iskessah's motivation is simply to get out of town, because her pet human thinks she needs an adventure. Said pet human is pretty much the only thing she is "leaving behind" as you say. She's more a casual worshiper of Rhysol that devout, but she currently has overall fond--if conflicting--feelings toward Ravok itself.

As for what sort of threads, I think I'd like best if there were some occasion for her unique Dhani abilities to come in handy... though getting her to be either able to use them unnoticed or be willing to reveal herself to the party would be the trick. :D
Iskessah
Player

Words: 140537
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 12:09 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Raenfae on June 30th, 2012, 11:02 am

I would be fine with any quest. I really want to work on my seduction and poisoncrafting, as well as a chance to gather ingredients. I wouldn't mind killing as it would serve as the catalyst for other events in his life. If you need information gathering, I would like to work on that for him, getting him started more on that please.

He fits in because of opportunity. There is a chance for money, a lot of it from the sounds of it. Also, the chance to use a larger group to travel where he might be able to do several things: gather new ingredients along the way and increase in his knowledge, set up more contacts and sources he can call on later when he needs them, trying to find out anything useful along the way that he might be able to turn to his benefit.

He is leaving his lover, Amani, behind. She understands the way the world works, of using people and events to one's own gain so he goes with her uneasy wishes.
Raenfae
Player

Words: 11589
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2012, 1:04 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Bojovnik Vybutit on June 30th, 2012, 5:54 pm

Quest time Bojovnik would have no problem being away for long he doesn't have any friends or family to worry about. He would be perfectly fine if he was away for long periods of time.

Type of threads. I would do basicly anything it dosent matter to me. So whenever you need just another person for a thread I can fill in.

How does he fit into it. Hes a runaway slave needing money. He would sign up as a mercenary, knowing he would be needing to use his skills and swordsmanship to fight. HE knows he has stayed in Ravok to long and may be getting unwanted attention drawn to himself. So if the quest ends in a are far away that's fine for him.

Danger He wouldn't have any problem putting his life on the line if it meant he would be getting paid. To save someone on the other hand if they where say being attacked, he would have to know it isn't a complete suicide run and he can actually save them, hes crazy but not stupid.
Last edited by Bojovnik Vybutit on July 1st, 2012, 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bojovnik Vybutit
Tell me I cant, I'll show you I can.

Words: 47918
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2012, 3:25 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 30th, 2012, 7:32 pm

Main Quest, Major Quest, Minor Quest: Well, I am a bit conflicted on this... Clyde would definitely want the chance to take on a few Syliran knights. He hates the city he came from, and wants to put them in there place. He also wants to prove himself to the Stryfe, and would be a great asset.

However, since he just got back from the one quest on the suvan, I am a bit reluctant to have him gone for so long... Especially when I have so much I want to set up for him, and to do in Ravok... So perhaps it would be better if he was just involved in some of the modded missions to lead up to it, but was asked to stay in Ravok...

Appealing Threads: Any excuse to work on his magic, to get better at it, and to blow away a few enemies skulls. Obviously Clyde is a bit power hungry, and wants to prove himself, and also would be interested in the possibility of gaining a powerful magic staff, or artifact...

How does Clyde fit: To be honest, Clyde is not a super devout, prays before every meal and bed, kind of guy. He feels a connection to Rhysol, though in a odd way. He believes in finding his own way to chaos, even if it is not in the traditional way... And he deeply believes in the chaos of attempting to much order.

Humans are imperfect, and in attempting perfection and order, the chaos and errors becomes all the more noticeable. He does however hate Syliras with a passion, and wants to literally see it burn, and loves Ravok, for all of the opportunities and things it has given him, even if he is slowly getting... Well, crazy.

What is he leaving behind?: Not to much. He is leaving behind... Well, at the moment not really much, though he is trying to set down roots, and by the time he leaves, he might actually have some things to leave behind, possibly a home and lab. Possibly.

What is making him go on this dangerous quest?: Lust for power. A need to prove himself, to Rhysol, Ravok, the Stryfe, and the city that shunned and nearly destroyed him... Greed. And in all in the name of the greater good. He sees the things he does, in Rhysols name, the evil acts, the killing, all as for the greater good, and does not see them as wrong, or as him being evil.

Either through insanity, denial, or true conviction in that making himself stronger, less mundane, and more powerful, is for the greater good.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hush on July 1st, 2012, 2:53 am

Main Quests, Side Quests, Plot Lines; If you can think it up im willing to play.

How I see Gorgoth fitting in.

I can see a fallen sylrian squire who grew up to be a mercenary having a bone or two to pick with the knights.
He may be there for a pay check, but at the end of the day I think the old dog is going to the battlefield to confront his mortality and in doing so face his inner demons.
Even if Gorgoth has problems with Sylrian Knights, his feelings towards the Ebonstryfe is no better. To him they are just a means to an end, a crutch of sorts.
He holds no patronage to Rhysol and would betray the deity in a heart beat if it meant to progress himself.

Gorgoth is leaving nothing behind, some might say that makes him dangerous because he has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I personally like my threads high continous action, and the messier the better it suits my play style.

I think Gorgoths intentions in this would be purely selfish, he is risking his life to prove that he is better then an order that rejected him.
Hush
Player

Words: 5772
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 10:55 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet

PreviousNext