Deep within the Bowels of the Rock-Beast [OPEN]

Ball deep within the Castle

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ball on July 27th, 2012, 2:26 pm

Communicating with the dog was easy enough, it was other beings of higher intelligent that was troublesome. It was pretty obvious the Pycon didn't havbe a mouth hole, let alone any true appendages to speak of. But it could be sensed that the pycon knew the langauges and was doing it's best to understand it.

Ball's excitement was barely contained, it was seen wiggle and writhing with it as the trio made it's way out of the inner sanctum of the Rock-Beast.

They stopped once, and that was just yards from the gates, an amazement the Pycon never could feel before. The openness, the fresh air, the sound change. It was beautifully different. The largeer Pycon made mention of a ball of clay riding on the back of a dog and Ball took offense, but understood the reasoning. So with a roll to the dog's side, the dog laid on the floor, as if obeying a command from Imass before the spherical Pycon rolled up the dog's neck, down between the dog's eyes and over the dog's snout before landing gently in the large blue Pycon's hand.

The pocket of a larger being was probably not the most comfortable loctions to ride, but it would have to do.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Deep within the Bowels of the As Imass waRock-Beast [OPEN]

Postby Imass on July 27th, 2012, 2:53 pm

Imass gingerly held the clay ball with a flat palm. The dog was panting with tongue as he waited to continue. The Knight did not put the Pycon in his pocket, but rather walked with the ball in plain sight. If anyone questioned him, he would just ignore them and keep walking. He wasn't worried though. People might think it strange he have a ball of clay, but they wouldn't think twice about it. A clay ball riding a dog, however would be another story.

As the Akalak walked out of the hall, one the guards beckoned at the Knight, "Imass what the hell are you doing with that ball?"

Imass responded over his shoulder as he kept walking, "I am looking for more clay!" The guards laughed and continued with their own buisness.

Finally outside Imass looked at the landscape ahead. The Cobalt Mountains loomed in the distance and under them was a massive forest. The sun was shining brightly and pleasantly. There was a pleasant breeze. The sound of city construction could be heard and the smell of morter and stone masons cutting rock could be heard. Imass wondered if this might be pleasant smelling to the clay ball. Could the clay ball even smell?

Walking 200 yards into the forest, Imass stopped on some soft turf and place the clay ball gently on the floor. Without wasting a moment, he dug his fingers into the mud and ripped out some grass. He dug with his fingers until he reached the level of clay.

"Here is the clay. I am no tavern wench though, so I shall not serve you it. You will have to dig it yourself!"
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on July 27th, 2012, 3:05 pm

The Pycon could hear the sarcasm note of the guards and then the smells of rock and mortar. It was unnervingly scary sounding and smelling, but it was there and it was pleasant in an odd way. It was Freedom. It was the oddness of if all that made him feel excited about it.

A little while longer and the larger Pycon stopped, placed Ball down on the ground, and preceded to start digging. It was odd actions for a being so large, Ball thought, But, maybe that is how it forages for substances.

So dropping it's little body into the small hole that Imass dug out he managed to locate the clay. What followed next was about as weird as one could imagine. The ball of clay flattened out over the clay in the hole, nearly filling the small location. Then the sucking sounds came. The middle of the flattened ball was bulging and then slumping in rhythming matters, almost as if it was a leech sucking blood from it's victim.

After several minutes of this the Ball of Clay managed to reform itself into a ball and roll out of the hole rather lazily before flopping on the ground exhausted and rather gluttened.

After a bit more resting the Pycon placed itself infront of Imass, awaiting for the next mini-adventure.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Chevalier on August 20th, 2012, 9:51 pm

Ball

LORE
  • Instructing a Dog to Heel
  • Instructing a Dog to Release a Bite
  • A Way Out of the ‘Rock Beast’
EXPERIENCE
Skill XP Earned
Acrobatics 3
Animal Husbandry 3
Observation 3
Riding 2

Imass

LORE
  • Persuading Dogs with Jerky
  • Dislodging a Dog From Your Hand
  • Meeting a Pycon

EXPERIENCE
Skill XP Earned
Observation 2
Persuasion 5
Investigation 2
Interrogation 2
Rhetoric 1

Storyteller Notes

Secret :
Alrighty, fun thread. I especially liked the interaction from you Ball considering you couldn’t speak any words. I enjoy brevity too, but just be sure that you don’t become to brief in your responses otherwise it may be difficult to give lovely XP or move things along within a story. Imass you had great reactions for meeting something new and exciting. If either of you have any questions or anything feel free to PM me.
Chevalier
Knighted by Dusk

Words: 117750
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2011, 6:50 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous