(Flashback) Fire and Fangs (Nida)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

Postby Cara on November 7th, 2011, 12:03 am

When Nida turned to confront the wolves, Cara didn't hesitate. She turned to face them, and hurled her first fireball. As the orb neared the alpha, she lit the outside on fire. Watching the orange glow glide across the snow as the fire crackled, and then, missed its mark by about an inch. The orb of fire kept on soaring onwards, for another few paces, before sinking into the snow. There, it was soon snuffed out, leaving a tiny tendril of grey smoke in its wake, blackened soot around the edge of its grave.

Well that's not good, Cara thought, as she heard a low snap, and realized Nida had taken out one of the wolves. That in that same moment, they had turned on her, realizing that she was more than likely a greater threat than the puny human bearing their hors d'oeuvres. Definitely not good, Cara's mind whispered, as she darted after the animals, in the hope that she may now, help the dire snow leopard as she had helped her.

As Cara moved through the snow, another steady stream of res began to seep out of her skin. Pooling into a small orb just above her palm. She could feel her heart beating faster and faster in her chest, as she kicked up pile after pile of snow. Finally, when the orb had reached a reasonable size, Cara lit the outside on fire. It seemed to roar as it sent tiny tendrils of grey smoke into the air. Smoke that filled her nostrils and caused them to flare.

Here goes, Cara thought, as she hurled the fireball at the larger of the two wolves. The one closest to her. The one she was most likely to hit. She was aiming for his head, knowing that by the time the orb got closer, it may only hit the creature's flanks.

In that last moment, before it hit, Cara would light the inside of the orb on fire, that way, it would inflict the greatest amount of damage possible, and give both her and Nida the greatest chance of survival.

OOCThe only trees I know of directly around Avanthal are close to the Frostfawn Hold. So... we may be around there-ish.
Not taking on new threads until further notice.
Cara
Darkness Binds Us

Words: 208479
Joined roleplay: March 14th, 2011, 8:16 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Valkyrie on August 31st, 2012, 4:06 pm

Thread Award

Cara :
Experience
2 Rhetoric
1 Interrogation
2 Running
1 Bodybuilding

Lore
Running and Performing Reimancy
Chastising the Perceived Young
Being Chastised by a Kelvic for Being Human
The Wild-Hearted

Other
N/A

Notes: Too bad this thread was unfinished, it was a pretty fun one. I really enjoyed the initial conversation that occurred. It was nice to see Cara soft spot for animals and open up a bit. I didn’t give you any Reimancy experience since you are an Expert and I felt what you performed was well within your abilities. I also tacked on the bodybuilding point for having to carry your panda while running.

Nidassasyae :
Nida’s grade is being withheld until CS issues are fixed. Nida, please refer to my PM.

Please send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns. :)
VanthaAvanthalHoldsIcewatch

I will not be accepting new moderation requests at this time, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Valkyrie
Let me in! It's cold out here!

Words: 353067
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous