Hearthside Medical Clinic

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This subforum is for small businesses that do not require extensive subforums for organization. These Small Business Sheets are simply posted records of what a business is for, its expenses, its debt and the profit it makes.

Postby Adnaj on June 1st, 2012, 8:06 pm

Business Type: Medical (((Acupuncture Pending Gillar's approval for Spring 513)))
Items Sold: None
Services Provided: Medical Prescription, (((Pending approval by Gillar for Spring 513 -Surgery, First Aid services, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation - ))) Herbal Prescription, Acupuncture and Moxabustion

Base Income: Medical - 3 gm/day
Acupuncture - Pending Gillar's Approval in the Spring 513 Season/day

Skill Bonus: Competent Medicine 1 gm/day
(((Competent Acupuncture 1gm/day - Pending Gillar's Approval)))
Nuit stigma -1gm/day

Total Income = 4gm as of Winter 512AV

Assets:
Medical examination equipment - 10gm
2 Old, uncomfortable cots - 2gm
1 healing kit - 50gm
Acupuncture needles - 10gm per 12 needles

Rent (Facilities:)45gm per season.

Last edited by Adnaj on March 2nd, 2013, 3:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Adnaj
Technician for the Living

Words: 75084
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2012, 4:50 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gillar on June 18th, 2012, 6:10 am

While this business idea intrigues me, there are a few items of note that need to be addressed before I can approve this business plan in addition to some suggestions to help refine the plan and maybe provide a few more mizas in the process.

First, as this particular facility appears to specialize in medical practices. With that being the case, instead of Shopkeeper, Doctor's Assistant could be used for the Base Income as it looks like the services offered would fit. If we go with the Doctor's Assistant for base income, 3 GM Base Income would work fine.

Your skill bonus of Competent Medicine would would be 1 GM (base income / 2 rounded down).

This would bring you a total income of 4 GM / Day.

You don't need to worry about adjusting this any further just for being a Nuit. Such factors are taken into account when assigning a potential sales bonus. For the reasons you mentioned already, there would likely not be a sales bonus to start. If you are wishing to design it in a way that you indeed do not expect much of an income (perhaps for story purposes) that is fine and you could include a negative sales bonus of -1 GM / Day to reflect this.

Now for Assets. First and foremost, I would ask where exactly this business is to be operated out of? Are you operating it out of a building or are you a wandering about performing medical duties from a wagon?

The assets you do have listed should be priced in line with what is in the price list. For the type of medical equipment you are likely to be using, a Healer's Kit would fit the role as it contains a a small variety of herbs, salves, bandages (effectively a primitive first aid kit). It costs 50 gm. Once purchased for a business, the resupply cost is already assumed in the overall business plan figures.

Your old, uncomfortable cots would be equivalent to Poor Beds in the Price List which cost 1 gm a piece.

As for the herbs and other types of medicine being provided, common remedies would be included in the Healer's Kit. For more specialized ailments, sickness, disease, you would have to either craft the remedies yourself or purchase them from others. The Herbalism skill would go a long way toward helping develop a strong ability to come up with your own cures as plants and other natural substances are the primary source of remedies in Mizahar since modern manufactured medicines do not exist. The Medicine skill helps a bit but Herbalism is going to eventually become a necessity.

For the acupuncture needles, these wouldn't exactly be extremely common, readily available items that one could pick up at the local general store. The most likely place to get something like that would be from a jeweler as they often work with metal items of such small size. I have added them to the price list at a price of 10 gm / dozen. Again, once these are purchased for the business at its inception, their replacement cost is figured into the overall plan numbers.

Indeed what kind of facility you are operating out of is going to be a documented expense. If you are renting a place, it first must be approved by the storyteller of the city where your business is located. The cost for rent is then noted in the debt section of the business plan. If you purchase a facility with mizas granted by a city government in the form of a loan, you would include the cost of payback in the debt section.

You are definitely off to a great start with this business plan and I look forward to helping you finalize it.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Adnaj on September 25th, 2012, 2:27 am

Thank you for your response and for the help! I apologize that its taken me so long to get back here and jump back into everything.

I have incorporated your advice and made a note about contacting the storyteller about negotiating a location and a monthly rent.
Adnaj
Technician for the Living

Words: 75084
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2012, 4:50 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gillar on November 10th, 2012, 6:40 am

Gillar