[Jackalope's Scrapbook] Fifty Shades of Awesome

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Jackalope on November 20th, 2012, 2:08 am

Alright guys. Looks like it's time for me to get one of these going. I'm not totally sure what I want to use this for, so I guess I'll just go with anything. I'll post things that I find interesting, things I think people should see and such. Maybe I'll toss up thoughts, rants, random updates on my day to day if I feel like it. It's my scrapbook, after all. Wanna fight about it? :D

As far as you guys go, share whatever you feel like sharing with me. I'm interested in people in general. You'll find that I'm pretty accepting of anything, so show me what interests you! Books, music, sports, television, travel, or normally off limits topics like religion, politics, sex, war, and drugs. Just be respectful of the rules and especially of others. ;)

Here's a little about me. My name's Andrew. I'm 24, and currently living in Nebraska, though I've spent about half of the last 3 years outside the US. Been married for just over a year. Bought a house in October, which I'm super excited about. I've been in three of the four oceans, hit 31 of 50 US states so far, as well as getting to 3 different continents. I'd like to close out all of those before I die, but we'll see. Antarctica might be a tough one. :D I overuse smilies because I don't want people to take what I'm saying as mean when it isn't. Stupid text doesn't convey tone.

Anyways, that's enough for now. A couple shout outs and then I'm done.

Jen for being awesome, putting up with all my questions, and heading me on a path to (hopefully) being a great storyteller for all of the loyal people of Endrykas and the Sea of Grass.

Jules for sharing a sense of humor, not holding things against me (after being paid off first), and helping out with awesome box codes. I can't wait to deliver my first Jacka "nope". :D

Lixue for being hilarious. Even if she does go after people's toes, her writing is a pleasure to read.

Also, jeers to rp partners who just up and disappear. Booooooo. BOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Much love to everyone else. <3
Last edited by Jackalope on November 20th, 2012, 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jackalope
Check out that bunny heat

Words: 128580
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2012, 6:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Phoenix on November 20th, 2012, 2:21 am

Oh golly, I get a first page shout out? I don't know what to say. I'm all flustered.
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Lixue on November 20th, 2012, 2:33 am

Since Phoenix didn't do it, here is your scrapbook cherry! Consider it popped.

"This is Common"
"This is Vani"

I am interested in learning new languages. If you are interested in teaching your language, please contact me. Thank you.
Lixue
The Amputator

Words: 329233
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2012, 3:30 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Accolade on November 20th, 2012, 2:36 am

I didn't even get a mention...sighs and Lixue..BAD girl! :D
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Jackalope on November 20th, 2012, 3:04 am

Jules, it's only fair. You embarrassed me. :P

Lixue, I laughed. :D

Accolade, I have to further this apparent rivalry between us, don't I? Thanks for helping create a thread that has people stalking it even though there's no action. ;)
Jackalope

Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Accolade on November 20th, 2012, 3:07 am

We're rivals now? Why do I have so many rivals??? Okay then..takes off glove MACK!
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Jackalope on November 21st, 2012, 12:15 am

Some ramblings that I just want to get out in words. Read at your own peril. ;)

So this is just a song that speaks to me on an absolutely pure and simple level. I can listen to it over and over and over again. It's pretty plain, really. I truly believe everyone has a purpose in their life, and whether that's to work hard to raise a family, save lives as a police officer or fireman, any number of things. We're all for a reason. I struggle sometimes when it comes to thinking that maybe someone's purpose is to do something horrible. Is it scary to think a man could exist just to hurt someone, or even worse? Maybe that event will be the precursor to what causes someone to fulfill something that they exist to accomplish. I really don't know. This whole life thing is confusing, but more and more I just see how everything is connected. Unexpected friends, unknown enemies. I just don't know.

But back to the song, I dream more than anything that someday people just won't hate each other for no reason. Maybe that's insensitive of me. Maybe I'm just ignoring culture when I say that, but I just don't see how anything is gained by people killing each other because they don't look the way I do, because they don't believe the way I do, because they were born here. So I dream that someday everyone will just figure it out and just stop it.

Maybe I'm an idealist?

Or maybe I'm just a hypocrite.

After all, I'm in the military. My job is to be the sword and shield of the United States, ready to act in a moments notice to bring lethal action where it's viewed to be needed. I can talk all I want about the humanitary work and aid the US Military does, because there is a lot of it. But in the end, we're not the Red Cross, Crescent , Diamond, or any of those organizations. A military is for war.

I didn't join because I wanted to kill someone. Being involved in the death of anyone kinda messes me up, really. Worse is when I wonder if I could have prevented someone passing. All the what ifs will start running through my head. What if I'd done this, what if I'd looked there? What if I'd managed to pay better attention? Would I have been able to make sure someone's daughter/son made it back home to their spouse, parents, siblings, friends, love, animal, or even just their own bed?

When I was sitting in my eighth grade civics class, that was when the twin towers were hit. It was really back then that I decided I'd join the military. I wasn't going to let that happen again. How ridiculous was that? Thinking I individually could stop something like that? I saw all the people crying, knew a few people who had relatives living in New York City. I remember the teachers taking them from the class, and I remember how scared and confused everyone was. It upset me. Why would someone want to hurt so many people? So when I graduated from high school a handful of years later, it wasn't off to college, it wasn't off to work, it was off to basic training.

Fast forward 6 years and 7 deployments later and we're here. I'm looking forward, wondering just how much I've done, wondering if there really is going to be a day where we aren't worrying about nukes, bombs, killing, murder, stealing, rape, and hate. Where religion isn't a factor on whether people get along, but where everyone is judged by their merits, by their actions.

I don't even know if I'm making any sense, but I feel better. I haven't seen what some people have seen, I haven't dealt as directly with things as others have, but I still have this on my hands and heart. It's pretty crazy. If I hadn't joined the military, I wouldn't have met a couple of my best friends, I wouldn't have met my wife, but I wouldn't have lost people I knew, either.

I think that's it on that. I'm too drained. Mizahar is helping. I haven't got as much writing or development done as I wanted to over the last two weeks. I feel like I've neglected my PCs, but I don't want to be a ST who spends so much more time on his PCs than taking care of modly duties, but now I've got myself doing neither. Hopefully this thanksgiving break will give me a chance to recharge. While I don't have a realistic shot at NaNo, I've tried to keep up with my posts for those of you out there who are working hard at it. ;)

Stay classy, Miz. <3
Jackalope

Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Echelon on November 21st, 2012, 8:03 pm

It means a lot that you spend time thinking of these things.

It had to say more that you are trying to put these thoughts into action.

You are right though, it takes more than one person, and you don't bare all the weight of the world. Pull your own, keep on doing your best, and wait for the rest of the people to join you.

Think. Act.

In that order.

Thank you for sharing.
Echelon
Pew~Pew!!

Words: 238180
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 5:21 pm
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Phoenix on December 1st, 2012, 7:17 am

Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Jackalope on December 5th, 2012, 7:07 pm

My First Mizahar Dream
By: Andrew

This tale is short, but the experience was intense.

It was simple enough. On a boat in what I assume was the Suvan Sea, there were four people. Andrew. Jules. Jen. Imass.

As the only productive member of the crew, I was fishing. Sadly, I was struggling due to the fishing pole I was using. Why yes, it was the exact one in this picture. A child's sized Mickey Mouse fishing pole. Image

Jen wasn't actually Jen, but her Gossamer avatar. She was out of comission due to the fact she was drooling all over an oiled up Imass.

Imass and Jules? They were engaged in a rap battle. Imass bravely stood up to our Cryo Phoenix, laying down some sick line about the Syliran Knights, but against Jules? Well kids, dreamworld Jules has flow. Imass was buried under the entirety of Wind Reach as she defended her realm.

To top off the story, I woke up right after she threw down the metaphorical microphone, only to watch as the power went out in my house.

Moral of the story: Don't rap against Jules. She'll break your house.

The end.

P.S. I feel dirty for this dream. Am I really a part of the club now?
Last edited by Jackalope on December 14th, 2012, 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jackalope

Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Next