Location [Riverfall] The Citizenship, Housing, and Labor Aid Office

If one seeks citizenship, housing, and work in Riverfall, a guest or visitor must apply here first.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Riverfall] The Citizenship, Housing, and Labor Aid Office

Postby Treccho on December 3rd, 2012, 5:28 am

1st of winter 512 av
After entering the city Treccho flew just above the crowds of citizens causing many people to stare. he pulled the scroll out of his bag and put his sling bag around his neck letting it hang. He looked at the info to see if there was a place for housing and maybe a place to sell his crafts. He saw the info on the Citizenship, Housing, and Labor Aid Office and figured that was probably the best place to start.
Treccho looked at where the office was located and realized it was practically right in front of him. He was surprised at how uninteresting and small the office was. He flew to the building and descended just front of the door to a solid hovering position. He grabbed the door but it was very heavy, he struggled awkwardly with it only getting it half way open before a young Akalak helped him open it. Treccho thanked the Akalak who gave him a look of pity before he sat back down
He saw the reception desk with a muscular Akalak at the counter he quietly ask Treccho if he had come for a job or for citizenship or both. Treccho said that he would like a job and just a place to live the Akalak said that citizenship was needed to be a resident he then pushed forward two forms. Then the Akalak quietly said... "Please fill out the following..."
Treccho took the forms and reluctantly thanked the Akalak. He took some pen and ink and sat on one of the seats available leaning forward so as to not injure his wings. He glanced at the form for citizenship and saw that he needed to be competent in a weapon he wondered how that had anything to do with Citizenship. He only had a little bit of training with his spear but would definitely not call himself competent. He decided to just fill out the job application, He could probably just stay at a hotel until he got enough training for his citizenship test.
Name: Treccho
Race: Akvatari
Relevant Skills: Crocheting and fishing
Preferred Employment: Mixed Media Textile Artist
Expected Stay In Riverfall: not sure a few seasons at least

He gave both the filled out application and the blank one. He wasn't sure what kind of job he would get living on the island of Abura everyone was an artist but here that job description might be too loose for this kind of place.
Last edited by Treccho on December 3rd, 2012, 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Treccho
Prissy Mixed Media Artist

Words: 13951
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2012, 3:51 am
Character sheet

Postby Eosi on December 3rd, 2012, 5:41 pm

Citizenship, Housing and Labor Office

2nd Day of Winter, 512

Not one to pull punches, Eosi began to dress for the upcoming day. It’d been a matter of hours before she began to inquire about employment, eager to put her presence to good use. She pulled on her undergarments and hosiery first, looking herself over. Since the travel had been long and the food supply minimal, she’d clearly lost weight. The very light outline of her ribs could be seen beneath her well-toned figure. Of course, Eosi’s curvaceous outline was unhindered by this development. It was so subtle that clothing would compensate for the difference. But she knew, she saw. Resolving to eat more and train back to where she was in Zeltiva, she hastily pulled on an emerald dress, half-cape and her soft leather boots.

‘Godiva’s Refuge is a brilliant design,’ she mused in silence, feet hitting the open, stony street. The idea of obtaining work so immediately put her in far better spirits than she’d been in upon arrival. Free lodging for two weeks, a heady introduction into Akalak lore and a job. The stay in Riverfall seemed to be a wise choice in retrospect, especially given the onset of Winter. The cost of living in Zeltiva was on par with Riverfall, but the different in its inhabitants made compensated greatly. Nothing of value came cheaply, after all.

The two-story building almost seemed to grow from the side of the cliff Riverfall was built upon. Eagerly and without hesitation she strode toward the front along the cobbled path, opening the surprisingly heavy door with ease. For a moment she stopped, just beyond the threshold to get her bearing. Right in the center of the room was a large, wooden desk. Politely, she approached. It seemed the routine was well established, as an Akalak gave her a neutral stare and gestured to the differing forms laid before her. “I’d like to apply for employment, please.” Her tone was equivalently neutral to the face he wore, but still carried respect. "Please fill out the following..." He trailed, sliding the appropriate paperwork toward her.

The lack of dialogue suited her just fine. Looking it over, it seemed simple enough:

Name: Eosi Barlowe
Race: Human
Relevant Skills: Adept Archer, Fletcher and Bower. Amateur Archaeologist.
Preferred Employment: Any of the above listed skills.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Seasonal

Her scrawling hand was neat enough. Still it looped in a unique way, revealing her as an individual who’d written enough to fill a lifetime. Perhaps a student, scribe or shop clerk. But whatever she might seem to be, her skill set spoke for itself. Politely, she slid it back to the official. “Thank you, sir.” The addition flowed naturally. However, Eosi was a hard woman, to the extent that she too seemed to miss. Her countenance was cold, expression blank. Uncertain of the procedure, she'd wait to be dismissed or assigned something accordingly.
Last edited by Eosi on December 20th, 2012, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eosi
Act first. Teach them to fear you.

Words: 244471
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2012, 7:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Gossamer on December 3rd, 2012, 8:42 pm

I’sona-

Together Malin and Malix smiled at I’sona. “Nope, all you need to do is take this ticket, tell them your hired, and report for duty tomorrow morning.

Laviku's Secret - Fisherman - 3 Gm per day
*This position requires a fisherman or woman willing to take custom orders and fill them on short notice to supply this dining ship with a captians selection for nightly dinners. This is an every day position unless other arrangements are made.

Malin said. “They’ll give you a list of fish and quantities they need, and you’ll bring them back the fresh catch daily. They tip well if you’re the first fisherwoman back and have everything they asked for in the quantities they asked for. Enjoy your new job!”

The Akalak said, and handed her the job form, sending her on her way.

Rosela-

Malix was delighted to see the Eypharian again. “We heard. I have your report and score card right here lady. You did very well. I also have a fully approved loan for you from the council. It’s for 1480gm 1sm. Simply sign here and you’re all set. I believe they have a building for you and everything. Here’s your address.” Malix handed over Rosela a map and an address to a small shop with a lovely storefront. It was, in fact, the very vacant one she was looking at that had a workroom in the back and a large enough space to live above it.

Malix then went to the safe, opened it, and took out a bundle of mizas with Rosela’s name on it. He handed the heavy bag over with a grin. “Good luck on your new business.” He said, satisfied that Riverfall was gaining yet another great business owner.

Treccho-

Malin read Treccho’s form and looked perplexed. “You know, honestly we have no call for a mixed media textile artist. Such a rare specialty really means you’ll have to make your own way in the world. So for employment you really have one option – freelance for people – or open a booth in the Bazaar. I can rent you space for 30 gold a season. What you make is up to you.” Malin said.

Ooc: I’ll pay you 3 gold a season to be a crochet artist. That’s 91x3. That’s 273 a season total.

“Would you like to do something like that?” Malin asked.

Eosi-

Malix checked out the firey redhead and smiled. He read over her form and the looked thoughtful. Selecting two different job slips from his pile, he pulled first one for an Archery instructor.

The Stained Pelt – Archery Range Minder/Instructor – 5 GM/Day - This person must mind the archery range, and instruct beginning through intermediate students in the proper use of bows. Competent experience required in Archery.

Then he had a second one. This one was a bit out of the ordinary.

Antiquities Society – Expedition Leader - 5GM/Day - Membership in the Antiquities society required. Expedition leaders organize and explore ruins throughout Cyphrus leading parties of explorers through various archaeological exercises and procedures to catalog and record the past. Basic knowledge of archeology needed. Competency at weapons required.

“Would either one of these interest you, sweetcheeks?” Malix asked thoughtfully.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Eosi on December 4th, 2012, 12:23 am

His little endearment received nothing but a cold stare, her internal temperature rising. Sweetcheeks? Still, it wouldn’t do to disrespect the gentlemen offering her a job. She took both tiny sheets of paper, one in each hand. Like a balancing scale her eyes moved from one to the other, carefully weighting each. The Antiquities Society job was a dead ringer, no question. It would do her mother proud to perform such an excellent job. With a small smile she set them both back on the counter in front of the clerk.

“I’d love to be an Expedition Leader.” The satisfaction in her woodland eyes was apparent. ”I’ll take it.”
Eosi
Act first. Teach them to fear you.

Words: 244471
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2012, 7:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Treccho on December 4th, 2012, 1:02 am

Treccho saw the confused look on the the face of the Akalak and wasn't too surprised even Abura didn't have many people who specialized in crochet.
The Akalak went on to tell him that he would have to work freelance or run a stall at the bazaar for the price of 30 gold a season the Bazaar plan sounded fair enough and he wasn't sure he was ready to go freelance. he just wondered if people would actually be interested in his work I guess only time would tell.
"I think I would like a stall in the bizarre, here's the 30 dollars for rent" said treccho as he reached into his bag for the money.
he put out his hand holding the 30 gold.
Treccho
Prissy Mixed Media Artist

Words: 13951
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2012, 3:51 am
Character sheet

Postby Leda on December 12th, 2012, 5:34 pm

2nd Day of Winter 512

It was on her second day in Riverfall, after spending a morning exploring, or rather getting lost, that Leda ventured to find the Citizenship, Housing and Labour aid office. She knew that this was very important, especially in light of her wish to stay in Riverfall, for a few seasons at least, and eventually become a citizen. No place she had ever been to before appealed to her like it did - and their work policy was certainly one of the more sensible ones she had come across. She had attempted to look more serious when she dressed that morning, for she could not deny that she knew that the blouse she usually wore was slightly too transparent. It was in a stab at modesty and respectability that she had slipped on her yellow silk tunic and brown leather pants with a red sash around her waist and a gold headband holding back her dark hair. Not that it really mattered though, in the end, since the chill weather forced her to wear her grey woollen coat on over the top.

She arrived at the office (not un-impressed by the simplicity and yet seeming feeling of quality about the building - the key to elegance was in the detail, or refreshing lack of it) and having been indicated the correct direction, made her way across a large room.

When she came to a desk, behind which were sitting two men, she smiled, trying not to let her nerves show and pulled down the hood of her cloak.

"I am here for..." she paused, the wording just did not sound right, "I would like a Job Application form."

One was handed over to her.

"Please, fill this out."

She nodded with a smile and looked down at the piece of paper in her hands. It did not take her long to fill in though she couldn't deny that it embarrassed her that her skills seemed such a limited set. She knew a little how to sing and dance, and she loved architecture but, for a Svefra, her knowledge of sailing or swimming or anything of the like which the Svefra should be good at... well, it was limited.

Name: Leda Sealore
Race: Human, Svefra
Relevant Skills: Though not certain if this is relevant, experience and relative talent in dancing and singing. Experience in Architecture, having helped to design a house in the past and have read a good deal
on the subject. Relative sailing skill. (Slight skill in Seduction)
Preferred Employment: Nothing too manual preferred, though if needs be then it shall be.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: A few seasons at least.

Leda had added the brackets with skill in seduction as an afterthought. At first she had been too proud to claim it as a skill, but she noted that in her current situation she really could not afford to be. She had very neat, small writing - neither loopy nor messy... something which surprised a lot of people for her character and nature was such that most of her acquaintances expected a disorganised scribble. With a smile that did not completely reach her bright eyes, Leda returned the form to the desk.

"Thank you." she said with a small smile.

Then she was not quite sure what to do. She decided to wait until an official of some sort told her what to do. It was not that she lacked initiative but she really could not afford to make a faux pas.
Leda
What is Passion without Psychosis?

Words: 80531
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2012, 5:01 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tia'aria on January 5th, 2013, 7:48 am

Winter 3rd 512 AV

Tia'aria entered the Labour Aid Office, cheeks tinged with pink from the blustery cold and eyes bright and alert. She welcomed the warmth of the building and enjoyed the simplicity of the design. It wasn't often she found places simple and straightforward so the Office was well received. Of course, she had been here before as a child at the knee of her mother, but that was long enough ago that she didn't remember much until she saw it all again. Nothing had really changed from what she remembered.

"I'm looking for employment." She said to the clerk. Her tukant wasn't perfect, but it was nearly so in accent.

The Akalak looked her over as he reached for the necessary paperwork and passed her a sheet of parchment with a softly spoken "Here you are."

She smiled and thanked him, picked a pen off the counter, and filled out the form before passing it back to him.

Name: Tia'aria Avalyn
Race: Konti
Relevant Skills: I have skills in cooking, animal husbandry, herbalism and fortune telling.
Preferred Employment: I'd prefer to work as a chef somewhere, or with animals. I feel like I have an aptitude for both.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: I expect to stay until my days end.
Last edited by Tia'aria on February 18th, 2013, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tia'aria
shut up + trust this.

Words: 60906
Joined roleplay: August 3rd, 2012, 7:27 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Sshasslomila on February 3rd, 2013, 8:42 pm

1st Day of Winter, 512

Mila had just arrived in the city of Riverfall not too many days before coming to find employment and shelter. It had been a long couple of days, days that put wear on her face. Dark circles loomed under her slit eyes, and the flush of blood ran deep to her face. She was tired, and ready for some place to call her own.

As she entered the building she was greeted by a friendly Akalak smile. Mila didn't smile back, but nearly got to the point.

"I'm here to find employment and shelter." she said to him.

"Please fill out the following..." he said back to her, smile unwavering. He pushed two forms towards her. She took them, along with a pen and ink to fill it out with.

Name: Sshasslomila
Race: Dhani
Relevant Skills: I have skills in unarmed combat, seduction, and dance.
Preferred Employment: Simple barmaid, nothing extravagant.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Undecided, probably more than a couple seasons.

Name: Sshasslomila
Type Of Building Looking For: Not picky, somewhere I can feel at home.
Size: Small.
Condition: Doesn't have to be in the best condition, but nothing too torn up.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Undecided, probably more than a couple of seasons.

When she was finished she picked up all the materials and returned them to the man. She stood there patiently, awaiting his reply to her forms.

Sshasslomila
heart as cold as my blood.

Words: 4609
Joined roleplay: December 26th, 2011, 4:55 pm
Character sheet

Postby Gianne Basete on February 5th, 2013, 2:56 am

2nd Day of Winter, 512 AV
Afternoon

The day had finally come for Gianne to apply for her citizenship. Her heart was pounding like a drum in her chest, from nerves and excitement. Her footsteps sounded too loud on the floor as they carried her to the main desk, and there was a chance she might throw up. Don't be a sissy! Just fill out whatever they ask, do what they tell you to do, and be done with it. She'd been told already what the process would be. Sign the information, take a test, get the tattoo. Nothing compared to what she'd been through before. So why was she so nervous?

Gianne stared dumbly at the Akalak she was met with. She saw his mouth move, but only the second time around did words register. Hastily, she apologized and stated her business. "I'm here to apply for my citizenship!" She winced at how loud her voice sounded. But the man only smiled and pushed forward a paper. "Please fill out the following...," he said. That's all? I was expecting to be here for a while. She was almost a little disappointed after getting so worked up over this.

But she did as she was told, quickly penning in the information with the provided quill.

Name: Gianne Basete
Competency In: Shortbow
Employment: Riding instructor at the Sanctuary.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Uknown. At least a year.

"Thank you," she murmured when she handed the form back to him and replaced the quill in its ink bottle. Her smile was strained in expectation. I wonder how this so-called test will go? With my luck, it'll be some new procedure.
Gianne Basete
Wildling

Words: 178339
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2012, 6:15 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Vanator on April 12th, 2013, 12:51 pm

Timestamp: 30th Day of Spring, 513AV

Vanator had resisted any implications that he had strayed from the ways of the Drykas. Without a pavilion, he had taken up residence behind the stone walls of Sanctuary, but refused to be identified as a Riverian. To do so seemed to turn his back on the ways of his father. But times had changed, his family was now at Sanctuary, and for now, it was his home. He was needed there, and he needed them.

The friendship of Riaris, and Kavala's insistence, had worn away the Denusk man's suspicions of the Akalaks, and Vanator had come to appreciate the beauty of Riverfall. In his own heart, though never admitted, the Drykas knew he was part of the place. He had fought to defend it twice. So after much deliberation, and convincing himself that becoming a citizen of Riverfall did not make him less a man of the Horse Clans, Vanator opted to apply for citizenship.

Finding the Citizenship, Housing and Labor Aid Office was not difficult, Vanator had passed it a dozen times. He approached Malix at his desk. "Greetings." Unlearned in Tukant, the Drykas spoke in heavily accented Common. "I am here to apply for citizenship." The Akalak slid a form across the desk towards the foreigner. "Please complete this and return it to me."

Van stepped over to the curved counter, dipping the pen in the ink supplied, and completed the form.

Name: Vanator Denusk
Race: Human, Drykas
Competency In: Battle axe
Employment: The Sanctuary- Armsmaster
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Indefinite

Blowing lightly on the paper to dry the ink, Vanator returned to the oaken desk and offered the form to Malix.
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

PreviousNext