[Echelon's Scrapbook] Pure Talent

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Phoenix on December 10th, 2012, 5:19 am

NOWAI OMG THAT WAS SO AWESOME
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Oluse on December 10th, 2012, 8:23 am

awww you're going to make me blush!
Oluse
Player

Words: 295106
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 1:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Oluse on December 21st, 2012, 8:44 pm

And, one for Solicah :)
Oluse
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Character (1)

Postby Nira'lia on December 27th, 2012, 11:54 am

Teehee Solicah is awesome. And such a pretty template.

P.S. Love you too big bro ;D
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Echelon on December 30th, 2012, 11:12 am

So today is the anneversery of my one whole year on the site. Last year on this day I joined Mizahar and made Oluse. It took several hours, and I remember being very unsure of weather I wanted to invest my time or not. I am very glad that I did. I had never really written before Mizahar and I did not think I could do it, but with a little constitution and a LOT of improvement I've found a place to practice writing and generally just enjoy a community of artists. So yay me, yay Mizahar.

I want to say a special thanks to Tabby for being there for me when I first started. I would have never made it through the first 48 hours on the site without you, and you continued to keep me interested, well, all the way up to today actually. Thanks for sticking it out. :)

As a mostly unrelated note I drew a tiny little sketch long before I joined Miza and long before I became an AS. But, the context is striking so I shall share in the spirit of the anniversary.

Look familiar, Papa?

Image Image

Snuggles! Though, if I recall correctly I believe it is actually a sketch of some statue in some park in Europe I was drawing in.
Echelon
Pew~Pew!!

Words: 238180
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 5:21 pm
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Hadrian on December 30th, 2012, 12:04 pm

NERD!

<3
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Paragon on January 3rd, 2013, 1:38 pm

Yay it does look like Papa and Eche hehe!
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Oluse on January 7th, 2013, 6:04 pm

So, I think I am going to take a moment to chat about "Papa." There seems to be a misconception that it is a sexual reference. Uh... awkward. No, I say "Papa" as a way of coping with the fact that Paragon is YOUNGER than me and still my superior! So not fair! (Seriously though he does a much better job as an RS and DS then I would ever be, or want to be.) So in short, it is a sarcastic joke about age... and so ends my first Scrapbook rant.

On a different subject ... wait no I'll share my picture some other time, it seems somewhat self defeating to post it after a rant.
Oluse
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Character (1)

Postby Echelon on January 21st, 2013, 8:06 pm

So, right, organizing my thoughts. Always the hardest thing.

I'm a visual artist and there are a billion and one things that inspire me, anything can, but I want to share a few with you today. I hope they inspire you too? If not, oh well, you'll go away knowing a bit more about what I like.

First, I love the human form. And yeah, so artistically I'm a bit (really) partial to the male form. Though the female body has its wonders as well :)

I love acrobatics, Chinese pole dancing, circus stuff, most sports, anything that shows people who have dedicated their lives to training their bodies do it. Here are a few (old) clips that I've always really loved.

As an added note I'll be going to cirque du soleil with some friends next month. I've been before it's amazing, really. I believe I drew pretty much none stop for like 48 hours after I went, then slept for about the same amount. None of you would really know it, cause writing doesn't spark me the way drawing does, but when I'm really inspired I'm just... gone. It's like these is this tunnel in front of me, with this glimmering beautiful landscape on the other side, and ever stroke of my brush or scratch of my pencil gets me one step closer to it. I can just... feel it radiating over me, and I just can't stop. Art is like nothing else, absolutely nothing else. I think i wrote a (really bad) poem about the sensation once. I wonder if I can't find it somewhere.

Right, then there is parkour. I could have posted a lot better parkour video, some of these guys are just breath taking, but this one takes place in my very own Seattle. Gasworks park used to be like a tire making plant or something like that way back when. it's since been shut down and turned into a park on the water. It is right across the water from myself, and in a few shots you can see the hill I live on across the Sound.

I love Seattle, I really do. It gets rough in the winter some times, like right now it's been so thick fog I can't even see the buildings across the street from my apt, or even down town. It's not raining though so that's something. The fog may clear up eventually and make way for a few hours of beautiful sun, it did yesterday.

But anyway, Gasworks park is amazing, it has this huge sundial on top of this kill with the zodiac signs carved into it , and it uses yourself and your shadow as the pinnacle. Totally useless on cloudy days.

I go there from time to time with friends and just draw the parkour tournaments and random people walkin by, or paddling/sailing over the nearby water. I like it more than the parks up on the hill cause it is so big and out of the way it doesn't get quite as crowded.

And then there is one more I wana talk about right now, and that I blush to say is FASHION. Ugh, I know, it enslaves our society and puts unrealistic expectations on us... but damn I just love. Models are just that, models, and when I see posters or look through modeling sites I just feel the spark, like there really is beauty out there. Don't get me wrong national geographics gets my rocks off too, and I love to see people in their natural state. But fashion models are the epitome of our society, they showcase what our cosmetics and fashionistas can accomplish. It is pure culture, perhaps not culture I am proud of... but it is still my culture, and I feel a safety in that. If the world ended tomorrow I would miss it, I would miss it all, good and bad. It is all art (but especially the anorexic young male models.)

http://vimeo.com/11898542

I also like how the boys have "groomers." Makes me giggle every time.

P.S. An attempt to lure Hadrian back.

Note to self: Re-watch this movie with Hadrian and mind and giggle. Really a visually stunning movie with a beautiful score. And fake American accents make me giggle too.
Echelon
Pew~Pew!!

Words: 238180
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 5:21 pm
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Oluse on January 21st, 2013, 9:54 pm

Ok, so amongst my endless browsing I finally ran across a picture of some1 who looks a like how I imagines Oluse! Yaay. Downside the picture isnt near as artsy as I want *pouts*

But hey check it out.

I don't imagine Oluse's face to be as thin, and I imagine him a bit bulkier all around. But yeah that's the gist. Perhaps I'll sure it for reference in the future.

Who knows perhaps I'll be able to Photoshop it up and make it look cool.

My current depiction:

P.S.

Ok so aside from being kinda creepy and doll like, this is a bit better.

Still... I should try for an earthier look for Oluse. Maybe I'll mess with it more later.

P.P.S?

P.P.P.S?

Oluse
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Character (1)