[Valkyrie] Tidings from Valhalla

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Sliver on December 13th, 2012, 6:51 pm

I generally feel the most confident that I've gotten my ideas across in my solos. There I can lay out a whole encapsulated story knowing that its me and only me affecting the variables. Of course some of them don't end the way I've intended, and sometimes I'll stop writing and delete whole sections, realizing exactly what Sliver would do and not me, but those ones are usually the areas I feel the most impressed with myself at the end when I turn them in for grading.

That being said solos usually aren't as fulfilling as participating with other people. After all Miz is one giant writing community, and so in those situations, especially with more than one person, I just try to portray Sliver as accurately as possible while going with the flow of the thread, wherever it might take me. Generally if I've completed or participated in a thread that has some nice imagery, a bit of humor, and a bit of sorrow in it I'm content with the end result, no matter what the XP or reward is, if I'm more excited about how others will enjoy reading a thread than i am with the XP gain, then I try to think I've done something correctly.

I think for n ST, there are different yet parallel goals to that of the PC. In then end its really about enjoying yourself and helping others enjoy it, which I think you're doing quite well. Long winding plots ftw. :D
Sliver
Do I look like a woman who exaggerates?

Words: 358206
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2012, 6:26 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Crypt on February 10th, 2013, 2:21 pm

Eh, will you be moderating the Morwen thread for Crypt? Just a reminder, if you've forgotten it. I didn't see the thread on your moderated threads list, so I don't really know if you've remembered it or not. I'm not asking you to make a post now, since you've got quite a lot of threads to be modding, judging from that long list of threads in your office, so yeah.

Done by the one and only Assilsa Curare!

8200th member. :)

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Words: 329416
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2012, 4:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Valkyrie on February 10th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Yes I remember your thread Crypt. You said you had another post to do for it and I asked you to let me know when you were ready for me to post, which you haven't done until just now. I will get the thread added to my list of things to do. :)
VanthaAvanthalHoldsIcewatch

I will not be accepting new moderation requests at this time, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Valkyrie
Let me in! It's cold out here!

Words: 353067
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Postby Crypt on February 11th, 2013, 2:41 am

Actually, I did make a post about it in the Avanthal Moderation/Grading Requests thread about a month ago, but it was deleted, so I assumed that you made a note about it. Do you need the link?

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Valkyrie on February 11th, 2013, 1:59 pm

I will get to the thread when I can. I should be able to find it, thank you though. :)

I will not be accepting new moderation requests at this time, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Valkyrie

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Crypt on February 11th, 2013, 2:16 pm

Alright, thanks! :D

Crypt
Apophenia.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Kayliegh on February 12th, 2013, 2:21 am

I noticed there were no pictures in your scrapbook so I decided to give you one. It's an appeasement picture 'cause I've been lurking in your scrapbook reading posts so this is to make sure you don't hate me for doing that.

Anyways I didn't fully understand this comic but the last two panels made me laugh.

Secret :
This is Vani This is Common This is Shiber These are Nauda's Commands

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Kayliegh
The Traveling Dancer

Words: 43037
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 9:24 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Valkyrie on February 12th, 2013, 4:08 pm

Haha, that is a pretty cute comic. I wish I could take out the trash like that!

Valkyrie

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Kayliegh on February 12th, 2013, 7:38 pm

You should do it one day, just to freak out your husband. And your neighbors. It would be hilarious.
This is Vani This is Common This is Shiber These are Nauda's Commands

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Kayliegh
The Traveling Dancer

Words: 43037
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 9:24 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Valkyrie on February 19th, 2013, 10:52 pm

Edit: Never mind. I decided there wasn't enough content here so I will wait to post this little ramble about Holds until I have more on my mind to say. Sorry.

Valkyrie

Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext