Words of the Resident LARP Goddess

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Tatiam on February 22nd, 2013, 1:13 am

I've been part of a LARP group a dozen years ago. Just thought you'd like to know :3 it was a 50-ish players at most too, we used to just play in a random forest between a residential area and a commercial one, until they bulldozed it and made a road T_T

Anyway, that's cool. I like costumes too. And Guinness :P Thanks for the video, it was fun to see you and hear your accent. :)
Tatiam
Dreamscape artist

Words: 60520
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2013, 9:39 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on February 22nd, 2013, 3:54 pm

Hurrah! Another LARPer! And that sucks... D:

Anyway, Kreig! This is for you:

I have a question!! What's your skype account? J/k I already know the answer to that one T_T.

Invoke punishment on Kreig. Via pen squeezing between fingers.

But how do LARPers formulate their characters anyway? What goes behind the creative process? do they write up some character sheet like in RP forums or Tabletop games?

It depends from system to system. Taking my system we:
1) Register
2) Pick a race.
3) Apply race bonuses.
4) Pick your 3 level 1 skills.
5) Otherwise, just read the history of the place and the race being played and work from there.
Then this is recorded on a card *shows card* which has all your skills and stuffs on it. Including your real name and character name and ID number, etc etc.

And are there any judges in LARP to keep things fair? What would you call them?

Again at my larp we have a group of people called Game control or GC for short. They manage characters, cards etc etc, as well as supervise battles to make sure people don’t get hurt. They also manage the distribution of items gained from skills such as forging or mining and snow…?

Moving on. For things like hit points and being able to cast spells it’s up to the player to be honest and remember how much damage they’ve taken and how much their armour is ruined and so forth. And then getting it “repaired” and so on and so forth.
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallon on February 25th, 2013, 2:03 pm

In between a lecture, not doing a lot, Mizahar and the usual, I went to sleep. Aww sleepy Fallon is so... Anyway, whilst asleep I had a dream with Kreig in (the character) and it is because of what happened in the dream we have the picture below made. Well picture so far, it isn't finished- quel cepris.

Anyway, enjoy the so far production.

"Kreig! Put on your manly face!"
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on February 25th, 2013, 2:04 pm

I feel so special :P XD
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Fallon on February 25th, 2013, 3:55 pm

Anyway, nearly two hours later I have the picture done. Of course, there's a colour version and blank version. Have a mini vote between you on which one you prefer. Anyway, Kreig! MANLY FACE!

Colour Version :

Not so Colour Version :

Anyway, until next time my pretties!
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Tatiam on February 26th, 2013, 1:15 am

I think I prefer the black and white, because your strokes and style are beautiful o.o really good with expressions too!

you're a real artist :D
Tatiam
Dreamscape artist

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Nira'lia on February 26th, 2013, 8:36 am

I enjoy reading you talk about LARP. Really interesting! Also, I ADORE Kreig's new avatar. You're such a talented artist.
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Fallon on February 26th, 2013, 10:45 am

A moment of musing:

Fallon is amused. Sort of. There's more than the obvious reason for doing this, so don't jump to conclusions my dears.

The dancing around the scenario and seeing who can push the other over first is a fun thing to look at. However watching one attempt to tango with an unwilling partner is rather disappointing, more so when one shows curiosity yet one denies. Simply, Fallon becomes a confused teddy.

Perhaps age is but a number, to some at least. For others it is a milestone, a way of saying “I got this far”, and for others it is simple a way to assist as a guide for the public. Content or no content, it must be sad in a sense. Unless of course it’s simply a game that people like to play in order to see who gets the upper hand, a bit like the card game cheat. You have to lie in order to win.
But then a thought comes forth. Since when was asking simple questions to help another a game? Or more over, since when was simply dancing around and asking questions to a question the answer? If someone doesn’t want to answer why don’t they just say? Or are we human beings simply too proud (in some cases at least not all), and too stubborn to simply just to give a simple honest answer.

Maybe amused is the wrong word. Reflection shows that Fallon is far from amused. Perhaps what stimulated the thought process was funny as an onlooker to observe was funny, but now not so much. Hm. I’ll stop thinking now and just go and plot. Plotting is good, right?

Glad that I can entertain with my twittering on Larp. I wish I could find a bit more to talk about and entertain more. Mizaharians! Do a free-for-all question time! Ask Fallon all the questions! Par the ones about bank details; you will get a rude response. :D

Oh yeah, it’s my birthday. Excuse me whilst I hide from the world in my orange box. Pretend the box is a fax machine and slip the questions in the gap in the side. You’ll get your answers... eventually.
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Tatiam on February 26th, 2013, 11:05 am

Insecurity, fear of judgment, lack of confidence, shame, need for privacy, I can think of a few. It doesn't look like a game played against Fallon, rather, it could be a camouflaged denial.

Some are too proud, too stubborn, sometimes simply not ready to allow to be helped, or admit that they don't want to confront the truth. So they hide behind questionable reactions.

There's no winning with that tactic either way. Fallon might have crossed a limit, and she had to waltz away. It's a draw.

I can't be sure that this is an appropriate answer to the situation, but it might help Fallon to find it herself.

Happy birthday :) May your orange box become what you want it to be, perhaps filled with questions for another video, perhaps more than that. I, sadly, have none for you at the moment, but I will think on it!
Tatiam
Dreamscape artist

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ayanna on February 26th, 2013, 9:10 pm

Happy Birthday Fallon! :)

Yeah. I got nothin else, just wanted to congratulate you on not dying for another year and succeeding in aging.

So congrats! Hope you got lots of fun LARP things to play with! (Like a dagger or a sword or another axe or a....magic staff?)

Beauty's sister is vanity,
and in this world it is the only place to turn
when I am forever judged on my
appearance.

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Ayanna
Player

Words: 46176
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2012, 3:06 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

PreviousNext