Location [Location] The Offices of the NHC

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Location] The Offices of the NHC

Postby Gaul Swift-Axe on February 18th, 2012, 6:30 pm

The clerk handled the money with a practiced hand, like someone who had done this often. And then he reached into the drawer of his desk, pulling out a key and a slip of paper. The man explained thiat his apartment was C27, near Nicolos Ravosalas. And then he showed him where the C.E.B. Finally the man said if he wanted the map, it was only ten silvers, or just one gold.

Gaul looked at the man, considering the benefits of having a map in this unknown city. What was one more coin? So Gaul reached into his pouch once more, handing over yet another coin. And with that, he grabbed the key and map. With a slight nod, Gaul said, "Thanks," and left without another word.

It was time to get a job.
Gaul Swift-Axe
Player

Words: 6640
Joined roleplay: February 4th, 2012, 7:31 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ariadne on July 26th, 2012, 6:49 pm

To say that Ariadne was excited was the understatement of the century. Although being a resident and native to Ravok, she never had enough funds to afford anything better than the run-down little shack located on the Docks that she grew up in. And when the storm had hit in Spring, her little home hadn't survived much better than two walls still miraculously standing, and a third half up. Naturally, what few meager possessions of worth she had owned were taking shortly after the storm. Which was a huge annoyance, but then Ariadne didn't really except anything less, and to be quite honest she would have done the same. Thank Rhysol that she had been on her way home when the freak storm had hit after paying tribute to the Black Temple. She had taking up shelter in the Institute and weathered out the storm with everyone else, waiting anxiously for it to pass.

Ariadne walked into the NHC, happy to be finally moving out of the squalor she had lived in for far too long. She couldn't afford much of a home, but anything was better than that place: a woman needed more than a few still-standing boards for a home. She approached the desk, her mouth curved into a smile that refused to leave.

"Hello, I'm looking to rent a cubicle for a little while." She said to the clerk, but before he would answer her eyes espied an application for housing. Ariadne took the top form and glanced over it. After quickly reading the script, she looked up, spotted a quill and ink pot. Gathering the quill and unstopping the pot, she dipped in tip and quickly began to write on the form.

Name: Ariadne Shalin
Place of Employment: Not available

Room Selection: Average Small Cubicle - 45gm/season

Finished with the form, Ariadne handed it to the clerk, the beauteous smile still fully on her face. She did not feel that "Thief" was an acceptable profession to scroll on something legal, so left that blank.
Ariadne
The Lady Thief

Words: 44221
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2012, 11:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on November 18th, 2012, 4:24 am

5 Fall 512

It seemed finally Clyde was going to be becoming a true citizen of Ravok, and own his own house here. Really, he had been planning to get one for some time, and just had not managed.

But know that he had the money, it made sense to do so. Plus, if he wanted his own Magecrafting lab, to do his work in well, he would have to purchase a house and have it built more or less form scratch.

After asking around to find out who he needed to talk to, he learned the place he needed to go to was the NHC. Usually they provided smaller housing for people, and usually rented, but it turned out they were also the ones to talk to for having a new one built new.

He walked inside, and smiled at the clerk.

"Yes, I am interested in having a house made. I know, a bit different from what people usually come in here for. But I was told you are the ones to talk to. I have some special requirements that normal housing cannot provide for, so need a new one built with the facilities I need."

Clyde was already working through his head, trying to figure out what all he would need... Obviously the Magecrafting lab... Plus maybe a few sets of bedrooms... In case he had other people staying over. He would take one, and if Kyra stayed another... So two double sets of bedrooms would probably work best... Four rooms in all... And maybe a common room for when you first walked in, branching off with doors in the back leading to the two public bedrooms... And the door on the side leading into the MC lab... With a few doors at the rear of that room leading into the more private bedrooms, for his own use.

He would probably need to pay extra to get some decent beds put in, instead of the straw beds most simple housing had... He could pay an extra 10 or 20 gm a bed to have good ones with sheets and mattresses put in... And he probably wanted a good lock also, to go on the door that led into the MC lab... Did not want anyone wandering into there...

If asked, he would explain all of these needs to the clerk, or to whatever superior was sent in to deal with his non-standard needs.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Astator on March 4th, 2013, 5:53 am

Decorum

5th of Fall 512AV

The clerk looked up from the scratch parchment he was scribbling numbers on, his expression was one that he had shown to several people coming in asking for housing, his mute gray eyes and mouse brown hair only made his demeaning scowl and look of annoyance all the more pitiful. It wasn't until Clyde mentioned that he was planning on having a house built that he did indeed perk up a little.

"A house you say. My, my. We haven't had one of those in ages. Now I just need you to fill out this form here." The clerk pulled out a form that looked sadly like the housing form, and that it indeed was. He frowned, "Oh dear. I am sorry. This is the wrong form." With a quick yanking the clerk removed the form from the countertop and proceeded to rummage in what appeared to be a hastily thrown together drawer of forms, until finally he came back for air with a grin, an 'Ah-ha!', and a florishing of a crumpled form that had two columns, one marked with 'Clerk Only' above it -- This was the righthand column. The left hand column held several thin drawn lines and was headed with, 'Housing Requirements'. This was only the top page, there were several more pages afterwards, mostly humdrum and bylaws, but the last page was marked with a the word 'REQUIRED' across the top and this page was solely for the intend of explaining anything outlandish for normal housing.

On the bottom of the document's last page was a line for a signature of the intended purchaser. It was a smile that the clerk held out the parchment and a quill. "This will take but a minute."

With another nod the clerk settled back onto his stool and waited for Clyde to finish the work. Once finished the clerk looked over the form and nodded brandishing a large chunk of wax to the candle that rested on his table the clerk allowed it to heat up enough to start melting. Dropping several large globs of the melted wax onto the parchment the clerk picked up a signet stamp and mashed it into the wax. Removing the stamp the clerk nodded as the seal and looked at Clyde, "You are all set." he paused and made a copy for the first and last sheets in a set of cramped hand writing and handed it to Clyde.

"There, proof of your housing. I would say it should be done by mid spring of next year... Maybe late spring, Depending on how things go. That's be 2,378 gold mizas, and 75 silver. You can pay over there." The clerk pointed over to a small counter's table that sat an old man hunched over counting large stacks of gold, silver, and copper mizas into wooden crates. His hands trembling greatly.Image
Which way do you want to go? Up or Down?

Attention Players, Graders, and Storytellers:

A character sheet does not require the green checkmark for the player to roleplay. This is just a notification to all that the character sheet has passed through the Liaisons thorough checklist and meets Mizahar standards.

All sheets with a large red X or a speech bubble beside their thread title do not recieve grades and cannot continue threads they are currently involved in until all issues have been fixed and verified.

She said down...

Template Credit: 'Ello!, Helping Hands and Red-X Gift codes and images are from Firenze.

Image Credit: 'Ello Worm, Helping Hands Hands, and Avatar are all from the movie Labyrinth.

I will be handling all CSL related posts on Thursdays @ 1800 my time *
Astator
Helping Hands.

Words: 101205
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 3:34 pm
Race: Staff account

Postby Astator on March 4th, 2013, 5:53 am

Decorum

5th of Fall 512AV

The clerk looked up from the scratch parchment he was scribbling numbers on, his expression was one that he had shown to several people coming in asking for housing, his mute gray eyes and mouse brown hair only made his demeaning scowl and look of annoyance all the more pitiful. It wasn't until Clyde mentioned that he was planning on having a house built that he did indeed perk up a little.

"A house you say. My, my. We haven't had one of those in ages. Now I just need you to fill out this form here." The clerk pulled out a form that looked sadly like the housing form, and that it indeed was. He frowned, "Oh dear. I am sorry. This is the wrong form." With a quick yanking the clerk removed the form from the countertop and proceeded to rummage in what appeared to be a hastily thrown together drawer of forms, until finally he came back for air with a grin, an 'Ah-ha!', and a florishing of a crumpled form that had two columns, one marked with 'Clerk Only' above it -- This was the righthand column. The left hand column held several thin drawn lines and was headed with, 'Housing Requirements'. This was only the top page, there were several more pages afterwards, mostly humdrum and bylaws, but the last page was marked with a the word 'REQUIRED' across the top and this page was solely for the intend of explaining anything outlandish for normal housing.

On the bottom of the document's last page was a line for a signature of the intended purchaser. It was a smile that the clerk held out the parchment and a quill. "This will take but a minute."

With another nod the clerk settled back onto his stool and waited for Clyde to finish the work. Once finished the clerk looked over the form and nodded brandishing a large chunk of wax to the candle that rested on his table the clerk allowed it to heat up enough to start melting. Dropping several large globs of the melted wax onto the parchment the clerk picked up a signet stamp and mashed it into the wax. Removing the stamp the clerk nodded as the seal and looked at Clyde, "You are all set." he paused and made a copy for the first and last sheets in a set of cramped hand writing and handed it to Clyde.

"There, proof of your housing. I would say it should be done by mid spring of next year... Maybe late spring, Depending on how things go. That's be 2,378 gold mizas, and 75 silver. You can pay over there." The clerk pointed over to a small counter's table that sat an old man hunched over counting large stacks of gold, silver, and copper mizas into wooden crates. His hands trembling greatly.Image
Which way do you want to go? Up or Down?

Attention Players, Graders, and Storytellers:

A character sheet does not require the green checkmark for the player to roleplay. This is just a notification to all that the character sheet has passed through the Liaisons thorough checklist and meets Mizahar standards.

All sheets with a large red X or a speech bubble beside their thread title do not recieve grades and cannot continue threads they are currently involved in until all issues have been fixed and verified.

She said down...

Template Credit: 'Ello!, Helping Hands and Red-X Gift codes and images are from Firenze.

Image Credit: 'Ello Worm, Helping Hands Hands, and Avatar are all from the movie Labyrinth.

I will be handling all CSL related posts on Thursdays @ 1800 my time *
Astator
Helping Hands.

Words: 101205
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 3:34 pm
Race: Staff account

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 6th, 2013, 3:06 am

Clyde signed the papers, and then watched as the man finalized it with a wax seal, and made it official. He was now the proud future owner of a home in Ravok! Once it finished being built.

He took the proof of his housing order, and that he would be the owner, and headed as directed over to the counter, and counted out the great bit of wealth his new residence would cost. But it would be well worth it to no longer have to rent, to have a place of his own, and a personal lab for his Magecrafting.

"Thank you for your help." Clyde said, before leaving, images of his home to be in his head.

-exit-
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ireth Telemnar on June 7th, 2013, 3:36 pm

Summer 3, 513 AV

The clouds of Ravok floating softly in the sky when Ireth walked into the NHC. With her pack hanging from one strap on her shoulder, she smiled sort of wearily when she reached the counter. Today was a day she'd been looking forward to for the last few years, the day she finally got to move out on her own. Sure, she loved her mother. But what young adult doesn't dream of getting their own place? She'd watched jealously as each of her five older brothers, in turn, had left the house to come here, to the NHC, to get housing for themselves. Of course, three of them were married, with families.

Ireth pushed open the door and almost bumped into a fellow on his way out. "Pardon me sir." Ireth dipped her head in embarrassment. The man pushed past her, allowing the door to slam as her passed. Shaking her head, Ireth approached the counter. The clerk, an older man, glanced up at her over his round spectacles.

"Good morning sir." She couldn't help but be friendly, it was the way she was raised. "Obviously I'm here to apply for housing. Might you assist me?"

The man waved his hand at a stack of forms. "Oh, thank you..."

NHC Housing Application

Name: Ireth Telemnar
Race:Human, female
Place of Employment: Ravok (street musician)

Room Selection:
Average Small Cubicle - 45gm / season

Kitchen Services:
None

After filling out the paper, Ireth politely slid it back to the clerk. Taking out her meager savings, she counted 45 of the golden coins. "Here you are sir."
Ireth Telemnar
A tune for your thoughts?

Words: 169690
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2013, 2:41 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Miro on June 18th, 2013, 3:47 am

68th day of Summer, 513 AV

Miro had already thanked and tipped the Ravosalaman who had brought him to the location, and now made his way towards the building he was directed to. As requested, it was the Office of the Nitrozian Housing Commission, or the NHC as it was explained to him. The place where someone new in town could look to rent a place for the season, rather than staying at an inn for an extended amount of time. Seemed the logical option, especially when he did not need to sleep as much as a place to call home. He could not just carry all of this things with him constantly, and was eager to unload. And admittedly, sometimes it was nice to have a place of security, and even a bed to relax on. Though, perhaps he would refrain from performing magic in the room. Dangerous magic anyways.

So the wizard walked forth and struggled to open the door. Always when he carried Ionu's Light simple things became a hassle. He struggled to lean the staff against him and manage to finagle the door open. Then of course picking the staff up, walking in, and closing it. Closing was almost so much easier. He simply used the end of his staff to shut the door. But the inside of the place was quite nice, as he expected most of the Nitrozian owned business places were. In fact, the entirety of the Nitrozian Plaza had a similar feel. Though it was always accompanied by the itch on the back of his neck that said somebody was watching him carefully. Being evaluated for his looks, or perhaps something more. This made him extra careful in remaining calm and polite.

Miro walked with a tall and proud stride up to the desk where the the room seemed to lead him. Stacks of papers placed in neat piles as well as an ink quill and other secretarial materials were arranged. A well dressed clerk was seated behind the desk and greeted him with the facade of professional cheerfulness. "Welcome sir, if you are looking to rent a room, please fill out this form. If you are here regarding any other matter, please step aside and somebody will be with you shortly." Luckily he was there for the former, because when he looked around there was no other clerk was in sight. So he took the form and looked it over for a moment. It was quite simple really, as it only asked basic questions. Name, race, where he was employed, what kind of room, and what he would eat. Very simple for an undead. He took the pen from the quill and filled the form out as neatly as possible.

NHC Housing Application

Name: Miro
Race: Undead
Place of Employment: None

Room Selection: Average Small Cubicle - 45gm/season

Kitchen Services: None

It was almost tempting to mention the Spot under employment, but it was not quite a job. It was not as if they would complain if he did not show up to take a request off the wall. Simple enough though, and so he handed it to the clerk. A grimace was almost expected upon seeing 'undead' under race, but it was an inevitable truth to be told. Thankfully the smallest sized rooms were only forty-five Miza a season, and he could spare it easily. At least to cushion the blow of his race, he could say this much. "I would also like to pay this season's rent in advance." Quickly following up by pulling his coin purse out, ready to count out the sum.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sisas on November 22nd, 2013, 7:53 pm

45 Fall, 513AV

Sisas stepped into the office with a sure step, his moneybag safely stored in a pocket of his coat, one hand resting upon it so that he would feel anyon who attempted to pickpocket him. He had already snapped the finger of one boy who had attempted to sneak a few of the precious gold mizas.

Sisas approached the desk and explained his purpose, taking the form handed to him and filling it out.

Name: Sisas
Race: Dhani, Viper
Place of Employment: (Unsure; applying for Torturer/Interrogator job)
Room Selection: Average Small Cubicle - 45gm / season
Kitchen Services: Common Meals (per day) 5 sm

He handed the form back and awaited a response from the clerk.
"Snake-tongue"
"Common tongue"
Internal thoughts
Sisas
Player

Words: 66115
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2013, 3:55 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Cowlquape on June 25th, 2015, 8:26 pm

87 Day of Winter, 510AV

---
Name: Cowlquape
Race: Human Benshira
Place of Employment: Self-employed, private investigator.
Room Selection: Average Small Cubicle - 45gm / season
---

Cowlquape figured he could work from his own room until he found an adequate office space to purchase. It didn't need to be anything big in the first place.

For himself, he didn't need much. The food would all be gathered from the local market and hand-prepared when he felt like eating (which wasn't often anyways) and he only needed a bed and some desks along with cabinets to put all his paperwork and books.

Living in Ravok would be thrilling. He liked to wander around anyways, it wasn't like he'd be in his room for very long.
"Never wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it."
Cowlquape
The Observant

Words: 23631
Joined roleplay: September 24th, 2013, 11:33 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Previous