Friendly Spar in Ahleas Park (Seeker)

Ayda tries pracitcing using his quarterstaff when seeker arrives

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Ayda on March 6th, 2013, 5:12 am

The Akalak race did sound strange, how could a race survive with only one gender? Ayda wanted to know more but didn't want to bother Seeker with anymore questions on the subject.
Ayda was glad to know that his mortal seeming was a race know for its honest and fought for different causes. Ayda felt that his Akalak form intimidated people; perhaps it did but there may have also been people who felt respect towards him, at least it was a pleasant thought. In honour of his Akalak Ancestry he felt he would need to think of a cause to champion. Ayda did have a fondness for animals and nature..maybe he could make the protection of nature his cause.

Seeker got up and started swinging his pystring around casually while humming a pleasant tune. The pycon sure did recover fast, it seemed like only moments he had a large foot print in his chest and now he was walking around like it never happened.
Seeker continued to speak about the long life span of the Akalak, which seemed to be a fact that seeker resented by the tone of his voice. Considering the Pycons life expectancy he understood why this would be hard subject for Seeker to take.
Ayda didn't understand why the weed Seeker suddenly attacked was to blame for this frustration. Ayda wondered if he should share his displeasure at the action, he quickly decided that it was a weed and would easily be able to grow back so it would be silly of him to comment on it.
Seeker continued to tell him the last bit of information he knew which was the gods they worship. Wysar and Akajia were their names and they were not gods that Ayda was familiar with...he mentally added them to the list of things he would need to study.
"thank you for the information, I can look into it further but you have given me a place to start" said Ayda thankfully.
"why did your mother go to Riverfall with out you?" Ayda asked
He quickly realized he may have touched on a sensitive subject "I am sorry that was rude, you do not have to answer if you do not free comfortable"

The Pycon continued the game with more of a riddle than the usual description. Ayda didn't mind the new challenge added to the game but was at a loss as to what it meant. Ayda put his hand to his purple skinned head and massaged his temples in deep thought.
He though if he broke it down it would be easier to figure out,
"I come and go like the tide"
could it be sea weed...a whale...sea turtle...Ethaefals are born in the ocean...
"although there are always traces of me"
Seeds...moss...dust...
"And I also chase away the need to feed"
Food...no..it chases away the need to feed...what quenches hunger?...Ipdo plants do.
"but it isn't long before that chases me"
hunger chases it?....it must be edible...Ido plants are edible....so is Bromegrass...okomos eat it...
After some more pondering he was ready to answer.
"you really thought of a hard one....could it be....seaweed....a whale....dust ...Ipod plants or is it Bromgrass?" Ayda said hesitantly
Last edited by Ayda on March 7th, 2013, 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ayda
Androgynous Celestial Being

Words: 37127
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2013, 4:13 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Seeker on March 6th, 2013, 6:05 pm

Seeker nodded and relaxed his posture a bit. "If you ever need any help researching I'm available." Wrapping the Py Strings back around his wrists Seeker sat once again. "My mother... Pycons do not follow normal family structures. We tend not to be too nuclear, we are... We love are family, but we develope so fast that we normally do not have time to become very attached." Glancing about, he picked an overgrown piece of grass. "My mother had her own path to follow, and that led her to Riverfall. Mine, being more knowledge based, and due tommy adventuring nature, led me to Lhavit. We traveled together, and she raised me, but we are not dependent on each other." He explained in a rush, hoping that his description of events was adequate. Family is important but.... It is not everything. Hearing Ayda list off ideas about the spy object Seeker chuckled. It is a tricky one, but he seems to be understanding what I'm getting at. after a moment of two, where in Ayda debated on the spying, Seeker listened carefully. "It is the Ipdo plant... I ran into it recently and was wondering what it was so I looked it up."
Seeker's Character Sheet

~When you st out on your journey,
pray that the path is long; and that
it is a never ending fountain of
knowledge and adventure.~ Seeker Image
Seeker
Player

Words: 19872
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2013, 5:49 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ayda on March 11th, 2013, 10:50 pm

Ayda was glad to hear that he had found the correct answer to Seekers little riddle. A small triumphant smile spread across Ayda's face and he preformed a gentle clap of his hands in amusement. "I had a feeling that it was the Ipdo plant." Ayda said enthusiastically "I had found in in a book as well, it is quite an interesting plant."
"I am sorry that I did not completely understand what you meant by nuclear family" Ayda apologized "your family structure sounds like a healthy one and makes me feel more content with my family dynamics."

"I would like to take you up on your offer of research assistance some time, you can come visit me at the Okomo villa when you feel the need" Said Ayda in response to seekers earlier proposal.

Ayda's eyes were suddenly becoming heavy and he realized that it was nearing one the designated sleeping times. He informed Seeker of this and they both said good by and went their seperate ways.
Ayda
Androgynous Celestial Being

Words: 37127
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2013, 4:13 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Elysium on March 20th, 2013, 2:02 pm

Ayda

XP:
Observation +3
Quarterstaff +3
Socialization +2
Rhetoric +1

Lore:
Seeker, the Lonely Pycon
Quarterstaff: Defense, Basic
Quarterstaff: Offense, Basic
Akalak Culture, Basic
Habitat & Characteristics of the Prismfly

Seeker

XP:
Observation +2
Py String +3
Socializing +2
Acrobatics +1
Teaching +1

Lore:
Ayda, the Okomo Herder
How to Reconstruct Oneself
The Jasao Weed
Fighting a Larger Opponent

Notes: I really enjoyed reading this! It was detailed and concise. I found it particularly amusing when the two characters started playing "eye-spy." If you have any comments or concerns, feel free to PM me. :)

and so, the journey continues...
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Previous