Solo Mages Craft and Mages Sell

Clyde sells his newest MC creation.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Mages Craft and Mages Sell

Postby Clyde Sullins on November 28th, 2012, 3:58 am

5 Fall 512

Clyde sat in his room, looking at his most recent enchantment. It was certainly a fine dagger, even without the added things he had done. It had been a bit now since he finished it, about a season, and its enchantment had long since settled and become permanent to the item. Still, before he sold it, he wanted to look over it once more, with Auristics.

The last time he had checked it over, it had been before he had cooled the item down. He had not seen any issue then. But the aura should be slightly different, and stable. No, he reminded himself. If it had been unstable, it would have long since shown itself, by exploding or something. He would not be standing here alive, if that had happened. Nothing had gone wrong. But he still felt it was better safe than sorry.

Sitting down with his legs crossed, Clyde tried to clear his mind. To push all outside feelings and thoughts out, all distractions, all things that made his magic more difficult. So far he was not having much luck.

As he closed his eyes, all he could think of was the creak in the wood he could hear, as someone walked by, the voice of someone in the next room, talking to themselves... Petch, he swore meditating made him MORE open to such distractions... Or perhaps he just was not doing it right...

But he had heard of those good at it, who could block out senses, the even feelings of pain, and enter deep trances in which they could better perform magic and fight its effects. Wasn't all that worth the effort, even if he failed a hundred times over?

Letting out a sigh, he knew this time would not be the one, were he finally grasped meditation, and blocked out all distractions... Or perhaps, that was not what it was about, he suddenly thought.

Perhaps, meditation was not about not sensing the things, and being able to shut them off... But instead, being able to work around them, and with them, and ignore them? Something he would have to ponder.

But not know, he needed to get to work, and this dagger would not inspect itself... Though it might be possible, with enough MAgecrafting, he thought to himself, as he once more got distracted.

OOC: Was to be a thread with Val, but am doing it solo now.
Last edited by Clyde Sullins on April 30th, 2013, 3:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Fall MC sale with Val

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on November 29th, 2012, 10:55 am

This is a placeholder for my reply.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Words: 470233
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:39 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 12th, 2013, 11:03 pm

Pushing away yet another distraction, he focused on the dagger clasped before him. He closed his eyes, and dug deep within himself, feeling for his djed, reaching for it like a stone at the bottom of a deep pool of water...

He pushed in, immersing himself, feeling the energy flowing through his body... And pulled... Pulled... Felt the djed shift within himself, as he mentally thrust it into his eyes, and opened them, to look upon the dagger with his aura vision.

He focused on the aura of the dagger, unsheathed, blade out and shining in the light of a candle. Right away, he felt a tickle down his spine, and knew, knew, it was much more than just a mundane little piece of metal. A mundane little dagger, did not have a aura like that. It was not as big as a humans, or a sentient beings, but it was much larger than a normal inanimate object.

At first it was just a neutral grey, but as he looked closer, it began to glow in a vibrant color. The last time he had looked, it was a blue, a darkish blue with a tinge of silver. That came from a combination of it being made of steel, and some magic that was woven deep within it, enhancing the item, though in a way different to Magecrafting.

Now, as he looked at it, it was a different color yet again... It was a... Violet? Almost... Purple? He did not know colors well enough, to be sure of what it was... It was something between the two perhaps, with a darker tinge to it, than a normal such color. Purple? He would call it that.

Mentally shifting his focus, he delved in at the daggers aura, his Anti-Yukman dagger, and pushed into the colors, trying to break them apart into their composite colors.

As he did, it split in half, into a familiar color, the blue color with a tinge of silver, of before, and a new one, which was a red with a tinge of brown. Petch, what was with all these tinges, could he never get a straight color? It was a bit odd though, the reddish bit, was much smaller than the blue. Perhaps, it was only a sidenote, not having as much of an effect on the item. Odd, but nothing bad.

The item itself, had a quiet thrum of power to it, which sent another shiver down his spine, as he looked at the dagger. Good enough.

Satisfied, Clyde cut off the flow of djed, and ended his aura vision.

Now to the real work.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 12th, 2013, 11:21 pm

Now was the time, to make the deal. To sell his creation. He would be a bit sad to see it go, but it was time to go on to new projects. This one would certainly finance another with the proceeds. Perhaps, he would finally even be able to do his dream, of making his own personal Magic Staff. He had thought on it for so long, dreamed of having one. Perhaps it was finally within reach.

This time, he would not be going in the same common cotton clothes, which had been the extent of his wardrobe. He had much finer things to wear now. After all, people wanted to do business with people that looked to be doing well. A nicer set of clothes, would only strengthen his arguing position.

Getting dressed, he put on his underthings, and then slipped on a dark velvet shirt, along with a matching dark velvet pair of pants. He then slipped on his belt, and quickly buckled it, before adding his purple velvet doublet, and buttoning it up. He slipped on some nice leather shoes, which fit comfortably, and over it all added a nice set of silk robes. All in all, the ensemble looked quite nice on him. Certainly different to how he looked normally in his cotton clothes and robes.

Grabbing the dagger, and sliding it into its sheath, he tucked it away under his robes, and set off for the merchants district. He had sold several things there before, a year or so ago, and hoped to sell this item also, to the same Nitrozian Merchant.

Assuming the other items had sold well, he should not have any issues with selling this one to the same man. A quick greeting, a demonstration, and hopefully his item would sell well, and he would have tripled his money from what he first invested, financially anyways. That did not account for all the time and money he had spent outside of the actual enchantment.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 12th, 2013, 11:44 pm

Walking into the shop of the merchant, Clyde took in the place. Its wares seemed just as fine as before, and the owner seemed well dressed. He had not been hit by hard times. Which meant, he should still be able to sell this item, and buy it from him. Or at least, it was a good first sign.

"Hello." Clyde said, as he entered, greeting the man behind the counter. He looked at Clyde for a moment, before a look of recognition hit him. Clyde hoped it was a good sign, that he was recognized.

"I am Clyde Sullins. We met and did some business about a year or so ago. I sold you a creation of Magecrafting. I hope the last item did well?"

The man nodded. "Well enough. I was able to sell it, if that is what you mean, and turned a profit. It took me awhile to do so. Such items are not easy to sell quickly. The second one took nearly two full seasons to sell."

Clyde nodded, and reached under his robes, to take out the dagger.

"Since you know of my work, I was hoping to sell you another item. Quite good work, if I do say so myself."

He walked up to the counter, behind which the merchant stood, and set down the dagger, slowly sliding it out of its scabbard, and gesturing over its blade for the man to look at.

"And what does this one do?"

Clyde smiled. He was interested. Otherwise, or so he reasoned, he would not even bother to ask what it could do.

"Nothing as flashy as the first item, and it is different to the second, the sword. This one is enchanted to make it far more durable. You will find the dagger will not break easily, it can take quite a good deal of strain and attacks, without so much as being dulled. You would be hard pressed to damage this thing, with anything short of a powerfully enchanted weapon against it."

Of course, Clyde did not mention that part of this durability, the lack of dulling and its sturdiness, came not from his enchantment, but from the one woven into the steel in its creation. Though that was not Magecrafting, it still seemed to more or less work in concert with his enchantment, and to stack upon it.

"I also added a more minor enhancement to its speed. Try swinging it, you will see it is faster than a mundane version of such a blade. "

Clyde watched as the man picked up the dagger, and swung it around a few times, getting a feel for it. He nodded.

"So it that all it does then?"
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 12th, 2013, 11:53 pm

Clyde did his best to keep from letting out an exasperated sigh. This man was infuriating, in his neutrality. He certainly knew how to make a deal. And Clyde reminded himself, that a important thing for a buyer, was to keep passive, and appear unimpressed with what you were trying to acquire.

He could only imagine what was going on inside of his head, but he was fairly certain that if he could see it, he would find him quite impressed.

"Almost. I added one final ingredient, that makes it superior than even other such enchanted weapons. I added the blood of a yukman to this. I have to say, that was not an easy thing to acquire. It was quite dangerous, but I did find some, and took its blood. Now you will find, that this weapon will be most deadly to any Yukman it is used on. It is not just a more durable dagger, or a faster dagger. It is truly, a Anti-Yukman Dagger."

The man nodded, and looked at Clyde, before slipping the blade back into its scabbard.

"And, what do you want for it? I think I can trust you, that it does as you say, after our previous successful dealings. Though should they prove false, it would be quite a strain on our relationship."

Clyde took that for what it was, a threat on his life, should it not do as he advertised. He was not worried, he knew it would do exactly as he claimed. Though his presentation might seem a bit inflammatory, all he said was true.

"Well, for the enchantment the item has been endowed with, I think nothing less than 5,100 gm would be a good price. It was not cheap to make, nor was the work outside of that easy. The yukman blood alone took 2 days, and risked my life and that of one of my companions."

The man looked at Clyde, and grinned. "4,000 gm."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 13th, 2013, 12:06 am

Clyde frowned at the man. Really, it was almost insulting, his first offer. 4,000 gm? Really?

"Now now, I thought we were allies in this. I make them, you sell them, and we both end up making a healthy profit. But 4,000 gm, that is a beggars offer. I stand fast on my offer, unless you make a better offer."

The man looked at Clyde, a smile still on his face.

"But look from my perspective. It will not be easy to find a buyer, that is for sure. But for a demonstration of its abilities, much will be needed. I will need to prove what it can handle, by testing it under stress and attacks, to show it does not dull, while others do. That will take men and time."

"And perhaps the added affect of the yukman blood, to make it an Anti-Yukman Dagger, will increase what it will sell for, but it will also increase the cost of me selling it. I will need to acquire several yukman, alive, to have something for the possible buyers to test them on. Or else, how will they now for sure it does as I say. I can take your word, but they will wont proof befor ether eyes of what it does."

Clyde wondered for a moment, if he would have been better off selling it, without the added effect against yukman. But was done was done, and he had tried to make the best item he could.

"So then, what do you offer?"

The man pondered for a moment, before answering. "4,500 gm. For the added costs of selling it."

"True, it will cost more to sell it, but with such an enhancement, the final value will be greatly enhanced. Especially for anyone who often goes out of Ravok, and has fought a yukman before. I have on many occasions, and know the worth of such a weapon. 4,700 gm."

The man pondered for a few moments, and then finally nodded. Sticking out his hand for Clyde to shake, he replied, "Deal, 4,700 gm."

Clyde shook his hand on it, and gave ownership over to the man, of his Anti-Yukman Dagger, along with its scabbard.

In return, he was given the agreed upon price, 4,700 gm. Once he received his pay for it, he left.

-exit-

OOC: I have already deducted the cost of the item to be made, in another thread, so he will receive the entire 4,700 gm price. V, or whoever ends up grading this, I took that price from what we agreed upon in pm. He will have made a profit of 3,000 gm, exactly as you said. Though since I already deducted the cost, he will get +4,700 gm.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Verilian on April 15th, 2013, 5:22 pm

Thread Award

Clyde Sullins

• +1 Meditation
  • +1 Auristics
  • +3 Negotiation
  • +2 Persuasion

Loot: 4,700 Gold Mizas

You Question My Logic? :
If there are any questions on the reward, feel free to PM me.

Lores: How to Negotiate a Price

Notes: Good job, I'm glad you made it a bit of a challenge to sell it. It's true that while enchanting it with added efficiency against Yukman makes the item more valuable, it also increases the cost of selling. Anyway, good work, and keep writing!

Notice

As per the request of the Founders, threads cannot be graded unless your CS is up to date. This means you need to add threads to your thread list when you make new threads, keep your skills up to date, ledger, living expenses, ect. If you aren't up to date, you'll get a PM from me before i grade your thread. If you are up to date, disregard this notice.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)