Closed [Vitrax]Bringing the Metal[Sevris]

A little spar amongst future rivals

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Vitrax]Bringing the Metal[Sevris]

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 26th, 2013, 5:25 pm

Clyde was helped back to his feet, and was soon standing. He did his best to regain his breath, as Sevris spoke to him.

Really, though, after all that, he wanted to learn magic? First saying he needed to beat him without using it, and now saying he wanted to learn it... Really... Could he contradict himself more?

"Why do you think I am here? I know I am not good without my magic, fighting by strength of arm. That is why I am spending the time, to get better at it. I did not expect to be victorious today, in your craft."

"But really? What you learned from that, is that you want to learn magic? Why? Not to mention, if you think that was bad, that small taste of pain and burning, it is nothing compared to what you must endure and risk in a real initiation. Reimancy is not a trifle, and not something one should learn without a very good reason. I don't see what that reason is, for you."

Looking at Sevris once more, he let out a long breath, his breathing almost calmed back to normal.

"If you think what I just did is much, you are a fool. That was but the smallest trifling of reimancy I could do, I could do that in my sleep. Don't think even if you did learn my magic, you would be anywhere near in my league. A fully realized Mage is something to respect, which is not easy to match by any but another so skilled."

A small smile coming over his face, Clyde began to turn, to leave, and put his borrowed weapon back.

"One last free lesson before I leave. Mages, don't like to teach others magic. Certainly not ones as dangerous as reimancy. So good luck in finding someone to teach you. You will need it, if you hope to become a mage. Especially with that magic."

With that, Clyde walked off, to leave, he was done with his training for the day.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[Vitrax]Bringing the Metal[Sevris]

Postby Cataclysm on April 17th, 2013, 6:53 am

Sevris :
Experience

Staff 5
    Unarmed 3
    Acrobats 2
    Double bladed sword 2

Fighting a mage without their magic
    Attacking your opponent's lead arm to parry
    Countering an opponent's ploy
    A taste of how reinmancers are initiated
    Mages: Still dangerous up closed
    Practice weapons: Using the closest weapon available

Great work! I was happy to someone utilize some unarmed with their weapon as extensively as you did in this thread. Though I must admit your title under your name was a bit misleading. Perhaps when you've time and I'm all set up we can see to it raising your offical rank in the Ebonstryfe.

Clyde Sullins :
Experience
    Staff 5
    Hammer 3
    Subterfuge 2
    Brawling 2

Lore Earned

Using a weapon to Parrying
    Common banter while fighting
    Being overpowered by someone more martial
    Throwing weapons: Hammer
    Tricks on how to use Reinmancy upclose

Good work to you also Clyde. You did a very good rendition of how one might face when dealing with a mage up close. Keep up the good work.

The pair of you are will be sporting new bruises and will feel sore in some areas but nothing like a week's rest won't fix.

Safety comes in the oddest forms

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
Free to moderate whenever/whatever. 0 people on the waiting list. My office Extra!
Cataclysm
Beware of tall brush

Words: 22092
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous