Completed Essentials (Edreina)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Essentials (Edreina)

Postby Razkar on May 30th, 2013, 5:26 pm

"It's not a dog. It is a fox kit. And I'm not naming it until I figure out whether it is a boy or a girl."

Razkar was not convinced, frowning down at the tiny, trembling ball of fur like he was deciding on roast or broil.

"Looks like dog, but... skinny." He snorted, reminded of the lumbering, muscular but generally sweet-tempered Dog that Tinnok had back in the jungle. This was hardly comparable but... he could see it. "More for speed that power, I think."

The Myrian shrugged, deciding it was none of his business if Edri decided on a pet. If nothing else, it would provide some emergency rations if her voyages dragged on for longer than expected. At her last statement he leaned in closer... and then decided against it.

"You can check," he said, turning up his nose in a manner she certainly didn't expect from a savage warrior, "Know I would not want big thing pawing my crotch..."

"Are you ready to go or do you have more errands?"

Razkar nodded as he walked, Mrrko and Edri and their new little bundle following him as he homed in on the directions Helena had given him.

"Just one more thing..."

He probably should have thought about how the fox kit would react around the display of hunting devices bedecking the stall, but that was its problem, not Razkar's. An appraising eye ran over the selection, nodding now and then at the tools and supplies he would need.

"Yer a Myrian, aren't ya?"

A sinewy human appeared from behind a curtain, washing his hands on a bloody towel. The stench of fresh meat was thick behind him and Razkar nodded, wry smile on his face

"What gave away?"

"A savage with a sense of humor," the hunter said, not rising to the bait and smiling back, "One for the books. Interested in something?"

By way of answer, Razkar silently retrieved his hunting and trapping kit, opening it up to reveal a pitiful level of radiness. The hunter shook his head in a way eerily similar to Helena; a professional decrying such a shoddy state of affairs.

"Restocking, are we?"

"Yes."

"Hmm... well, I can do ya some rope for traps, three bottles of scents, and four jars of preserving lotion. Y'don't need a new tarp or knife by the looks of it."

"How much?"

"I was coming to that. We'll say... fifteen."

"Twelve."

"Fifteen's a fair price."

"Fourteen, and another jar of lotion." Razkar said smoothly, enjoying getting back into the swing of haggling, though he realized that rarely did a stall-holder here end up without some kind of profit. "I make much deer jerky."

"Smart man. Deal."

Razkar watched as the kit was steaduly built back up, disturbed only by the tiny cooing sounds from Edreina. The fox kit had long since passed through its fear and was now almost... placid, in her arms, snuggling close to her for protection from the bewildering procession of massive creatures milling around it.

Especially the giant, four-legged monster and the one that seemed to own it, that had marks all over its hairless skin and sniffed at it like it was a meal.

"There y'go..."

Razkar handed over the coin and stowed his kit, quiet satisfaction glowing on his face. It always did feel good to resolve such matters, even if they were tedious. With a quick kik-kik at Mrrko, the horse turned around and he pointed them away from the chaos of the Bazaar, heading back to the Docks.

"Now I am finished." He said simply, smiling up at the noon sun. "And it looks like..."

There was the sound of water trickling onto the ground and a look of horror crossed Edreina's face when she realized what the source of it was.

"... ah. Joy of pets."

There was a wet thud from behind Mrrko, followed by a satisfied but somewhat guilty snuffle from the horse when Razkar glared at him.

"Horse, too..."

Reciept:Replenishing Hunter/Trapper Kit: 14gm
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Essentials (Edreina)

Postby Edreina on May 30th, 2013, 9:45 pm

Edreina was ceaselessly entertained by how the kit seemed to alternate between burrowing against her side, seeking warmth and protection, and peeking up and about - mainly at Mrrko - with its sail-like ears swiveling wildly.

While Razkar was preoccupied with his shopping, Edreina meandered over to another stall that sold hanging baskets. Would make a good bed... Edreina thought, thinking of her own hammock. She quickly exchanged coins for a small hanging basket. Now what to put in it... The basket alone would not do for a bed for this creature... She looked around and finally landed upon a stall at which a woman was sewing together beautiful skirts made from many different fabrics.

Curious, the Svefra approached and, in a small voice, captured the warm looking woman's attention. "Is there any way that I could have some of your fabric scraps?"

"No." Edreina was surprised by the hardness in the woman's voice. It utterly contrasted her appearance. And then suddenly, her face broke in a grin that Edreina knew well. "But I'll sell you a sack-full for a couple of coppers."

The unknown tenseness in Edreina's shoulders disappeared abruptly as she grinned back at the woman and retrieved 3 Copper-rimmed Mizas. "This enough?"

The woman nodded and slipped them into a pocket. "Be right back." An instant later, she returned with a small flour sack filled to the brim with brightly colored disregarded fabric. "Here ya are, dear," the woman handed it to Edreina with a smile, eyes darting down to the dark bundle nestled against the woman's side.

Purchases in hand, Edreina bounded back over to Razkar and waited for him to complete his transaction. It did not take long at all, which spoke volumes to Edreina of his bartering skills.

"Now I am finished. And it looks like..."

And suddenly, there was warmth on Edriena's arm followed by a dripping sound. Oh for the love of... Edreina looked down at the little mass in her arms and could have sworn that it was hiding a little smile. "Now we both need a bath..." She muttered, glaring at it. But she could not be mad. No matter how hard she attempted it, Edreina ended up grinning and shaking her head.

But then, when Mrrko dropped something that was several times larger than her bundle, the woman could not help but scrunch her nose distastefully. Stepping rather daintily around it, Edreina continued with Razkar towards the Docks, ignoring the scent that now clung to her arm more tightly than the kit.

As they drew nearer, to the point that Edreina could smell the freshness of salt water. Smiling to herself, Edreina picked up the little creature so that her fingers rested between its front legs, rear resting at the base of her palm. "You're going to learn how to swim," she informed, chuckling as its ears thoughtfully flicked backwards and its tail began to wind around her arm. Sheesh! How had she not noticed the tail yet? It was nearly as long as the tiny fox itself.

Keeping her grip on the animal the same but turning her wrist so that it looked upon the fast approaching sea, Edreina began to gesture. "This is the Suvan..." Her arm motioned to the endless blue expanse. She then spun on her heel so that she was carefully walking backwards. "And this is Syliras. It's not your home anymore." She smiled and turned again, nearly bumping into Razkar in the process. The grinning Svefra ignored any looks that might have been directed at her. Something in her was enjoying talking to the kit and, but the vibrating in its throat, it seemed to enjoy being spoken to and the little ear scratches that Edreina showered upon it.

They finally drew close to the Goldengrotto and Edreina bounded ahead, onto the deck with ease. "And this is your new home." She spun in a quick circle before crouching and setting the little wisp of an animal upon the deck. It stood upon legs that appeared to have been stretched and shook once from nose to tail. Just as it began to wander around, black nose twitching with all of the new smells, a wave hit the side of the ship and sent it sprawling with a surprised yelp.

A now nearly nude Edreina laughed and knelt beside it, scratching under its chin. "Don't worry. You'll get used to it." It was almost as if Edreina was suddenly years younger each time she smiled at the kit, blue eyes alight with renewed energy. Laughing, she scooped it up and began to make her way over to the railing. "Going to join us, Raz?" She took her clothes and draped them over the side of the ship for easier access then paused, grinning at her friend with one foot on said railing.
ReceiptHanging basket - 4 SM
Scrap Fabric - 3 CM
Total = 4 SM, 3 CM
Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Essentials (Edreina)

Postby Razkar on May 30th, 2013, 11:45 pm

"Go on. I fucking dare you..."

The fox kit's leg paused in mid-cock when it herd the strange noise coming from the darker two-leg. The lighter one was its mother now. It liked her. She smelled nice and was always warm and reminded it of its four-leg mother. But this other one... not so nice.

Razkar's eyes narrowed as he and the tiny animal did their staring contest, it with its leg perilously next to his saddle bag, and he with one hand meaningfully on he hand ax. It wasn't really designed to be thrown, but the Myrian had since mastered using it as such... and the kit wasn't that far away.

It looked at him. It blinked. It raised its leg-

Click!

-and the ax came loose in Razkar's hand, unnoticed by the chattering Edreina for a moment as she continued to undress. He raised it a little, shaking his head.

The fox kit lowered its leg and scampered off. It would let the two-leg think it had won. Yes. That's what it would do...

"Going to join us, Raz?"

Razkar looked up and, unlike a few nights ago, there was no reddening of his face nor widening of his eyes when he saw her near-naked silhouette on the edge of her ship. The kit was scuttling around her and seemed as uncaring as he. The Myrian got to his feet, shrugged off his cloak, then his harness and finally his sandals.

"I think so..."

He started running but she was already airborne, giggling and slipping under the waves with a perfect dive.

Razkar's was... less so, and his stinging chest was proof of that. But he remembered to close his eyes that time, arms forward, and when he surfaced... it was...

Yes. Definitely getting easier.

The Myrian started to tread water like she told him, gently flapping arms like the fins of a fish, keeping him pointed where he wanted to go. A flashing, shimmering mane of red hair broke the waves... along with a tiny, terrified, bobbing ball of fur next to her.

"Can he even swim?"

And damned if that wasn't concern lurking in his voice...
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Essentials (Edreina)

Postby Edreina on May 31st, 2013, 2:35 am

"I think so..."

With a grin, Edreina sat the kit up on the railing and hurled herself into the air, flicking her feet up at the apex so that she entered the water at a nearly perfect angle perpendicular to the water. It could have been better. If she had gotten a better start or more altitude, she could have entered the water with less noise, could have gone deeper. Her form got better every day but it was still nothing compared to the Svefra who lived more in the water than out.

Unbeknownst to his owner, the little kit began to keen and yelp as he saw both of the figures he had come to trust - or in dark-pelt-odd-marking's case, respect as an elder of the burrow - disappear into the dancing-blue-earth. Why would they go to play without him? He saw the not-fire red of spotted-pelt's mane under the surface. His massive ears twitched slightly at the sounds that her paws made beneath the dancing-blue-earth, wondering what she was doing. Only one way to find out. With more courage than most would have considered such a meager vessel capable of holding, the kit leapt onto the dancing-blue-earth and found himself sinking. He tried to take a breath, to see what this smelled like, only for water to burn his nose. This was water! But it was so much bigger than his bowl back in the cold cave he had been born in. Out of pure instinct, he began to flail his tiny legs until he reached the surface.

Edreina looked over to see her kit struggling against the gentle surf, weighed down by all of the muck in his fur. She paddled over and placed a hand under it, laughing as he began to cling to it with all the strength that its little body could muster.

"Can he even swim?"

"Not well... But I taught a Myrian," she stuck her tongue out at her friend before retracting it and breaking her face with a bright grin, "So I'm sure I can teach... him?" Edreina raised an eyebrow at the Myrian. Had he learned that when he sniffed her kit earlier? "Hm." The Svefra's eyes raked him again. From mere outer appearances, he looked feminine. But why doubt a savage? "Well then, his name is Navis," she grinned and lowered her hand from beneath him, watching him flail slightly and attempt to climb higher up her arm.

Keeping careful hold of the kit... well... nevermind... He decided to take refuge on the island that was Edreina's shoulder, causing the redhead to laugh as she pulled her clothes into the water and began to scrub them beneath the salty surface. Navis watched from above with curiosity. How did spotted-pelt take off her fur? When the skirt was finished, she set to scrubbing the brown and yellow from her shirt with a grimace. Eventually, she ended up rubbing the shirt against the side of her ship, using it as a wash-board. "Dirty dirty dirty..." The woman clicked her tongue as she did the chore, glaring at the quaking creature on her shoulder. "You're next," she warned, tossing her shirt back up onto the deck.
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Essentials (Edreina)

Postby Razkar on May 31st, 2013, 12:26 pm

Razkar chuckled as Edreina said the words to the kit - no, Navis, remember? - and it seemed to glance around in terror, looking for an escape route. But its lifeboat had become its prison, and now it was trapped on Edri's shoulder until it was his time.

"Almost feel sorry..." he said as he laid back, then smiled up with the water lapping around his ears, blurring any other sound "... almost..."

A few chimes were spent leisurely spinning slowly on the surface before "the itch" started the gnaw at his hands. Such blatant inactivity was... almost discomforting to him, especially when it was so early in the day. So Razkar righted himself and began doing slow laps, between the Cuttlefish and that buoy they'd aimed at earlier.

Hoping to redeem yourself?

Razkar smiled and paced himself, not rising to his own bait. He wasn't even close to the level of grace, fluidity and - yes, might as well admit it - power (in the water) that Edri possessed... but everyone had to start somewhere. His arms arced up and down in measured movements, not with the frenetic pace of a race, where mistakes could be made.

He was in no rush, and stayed that way for half a bell.

Then, halfway through the last lap, he heard some distorted, bubbling voice try to break through the wave he was submerged under. Breaking the surface, he saw a waving, smiling figure with a soaking, shaking but admittedly much cleaner fox kit in her arms.

Must be time for lunch...
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Essentials (Edreina)

Postby Edreina on June 6th, 2013, 7:04 pm

Free of the shirt, Edreina reached up over her shoulder and quickly plucked away the kit, flipping it over onto its terrified back so that she could begin to scrub it clean. The poor little thing. It clung to her hand like a life raft as she submerged it up to its chin and began to run her nails vigorously through his fur. From a cloud of brown fur the color of midday sand. Edreina used damp fingertips to brush clean Navis's delicate face. "You're even cuter without all that filth," Edreina said softly, eyes flicking over her shoulder to the Myrian who was still safely swimming. She kissed him on the nose quickly, smiling to herself as a little pink tongue darted out after her.

"Now, you're going to learn to swim." Flipping the kit over, Edreina kept just one hand underneath it. Navis seemed more content to just lounge on the woman's hand. Glaring at the kit's laziness, Edreina dropped her hand slightly, nearly submerging him until he began to flail wildly against the water. He kept himself up, but not very well. The redheaded woman went back to supporting the creature, shaking her head. "I guess you don't float well, huh?" She laughed to herself. "C'mon. Let's get some food."

With a grin, she rested the quaking creature upon her shoulder and hauled herself back into the boat. It looked downright pathetic when wet, the kit. Its fur clung to sharp bones and little brown eyes seemed to protrude almost gruesomely. "Poor thing..." she muttered, tucking it under her arm. When Razkar began his return lap, the redhead began to wave, getting his attention. All Edreina had left was some of her rations. But it would have to do until she began working.

Keeping the kit with her, Edreina darted below deck and brought up the last of her rations, setting them out on the deck. The moment she let Navis leave her arms, the kit exploded as if shot from a longbow. He was running about the deck making queer half-yelping sounds as he went to investigate everything, stopping occasionally to rub himself on the warm, dry deck. It seemed to Edreina as if both pet and master had the uncanny ability to burst with life at any moment. They would get along swimmingly.
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Essentials (Edreina)

Postby Radiant on July 4th, 2013, 7:23 am

Razkar :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Stealth +1 XP
Swimming +3 XP
Riding: Horse +1 XP
Socialization +3 XP
Rhetoric +2 XP
Negotiation +3 XP
Intimidation +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
The Giggling Myrian
Pulled underwater by Edreina
A swimming race with Edreina: Defeated
Edreina is afraid of horses
The Brute, The Smoker, and The Stranger
Employed as a sellsword
Buying medical supplies
Fox kit is not a dog

Loots
Healer's Kit replacement items
-25 GM for resupplying Healer's Kit
Hunter/Trapper Kit replacement items
-14 GM for resupplying Hunter/Trapper Kit

Edreina :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Swimming +3 XP
Observation +3 XP
Socialization +3 XP
Rhetoric +2 XP
Intimidation +1 XP
Animal Husbandry +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Happy Birthday, Edri! *SPLASH*!
Butchering Common first thing in the morning
A swimming race with Razkar: Victory
Fear of horses
Two suspicious men
Buying a fox kit
Navis: The Fox Kit

Loots
Fox kit
-5 GM for buying the fox kit
+1 Hanging Basket
-4 SM for buying a hanging basket
Scrap Fabrics
-3 CM for buying scrap fabrics

Notes :
I just love the Raina Dynamics, yes, I just created that name and yes it's a combination of Ra(zkar) and (Edre)ina. :D That name is awesome! No arguments! :angry:

As usual, Razkar, no observation for you as you're maxed out already. ;)

Please deduct your purchases from your ledger if you haven't done so.

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous