Wandering Woven Threads (Sosiclys' Scrapbook)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Sosicly Magnolia on May 11th, 2013, 9:24 pm

New Scrap

Gadgets

I linked my old scrap and the same applies as in that one. I just thought I should update it and the like. My gadgets finally are working better with Mizahar and I am (thankfully) down to one class and although it is still my dreaded math class I am doing surprising well. My point was that I plan to be more active and helpful like with my spare time. I have also found out that my tblet has this brilliant little lock system where it only opens to my face! Granted someone who has an unccany resembalance could open it, it is still perfect =, and I aam amusing myself by locking and unlocking it and making others test it. I love the little things they are putting on all the electronic gadgets even if I can't understand half of it. All the same, new things are new things and new things are fun!

UPDATE: House hunting is a horrid thing, why do I have to bid for a house not worth more than 100k? Because of greed and jerk realtors. But hopefully I got one this time and will be moving, and getting my own internet by August!
Sosicly Magnolia
Silence is Open to Misconception

Words: 175085
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2013, 4:37 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sosicly Magnolia on May 16th, 2013, 11:06 pm

PC Musings i/Mizahar Lore

So, as I read lore, and go through the races I find a million and seven ideas plop into my skull. They are not bunnies of plot they are more like…acid rain burning a hole through my brain that I cannot ignore. Great mental image, no?

Point is, I want to have a million PCs, I want to play every race and idea that comes into my head because there is an endless amount of muse for this site, it sucks the soul. And worse still it kills my current muse. Sadly, with how quickly the flame grows for everything I don’t know if I’d want to play a PC I make up willy-nilly. Still, advice for any who have the problem I do, I created a folder titled “Miz PC Ideas” and inside said folder is roughly 30 PC concepts (some are quite atrocious which is why you shall never have to suffer them or my mild embarrassment) with different labels, I gave them a history, name, life, skills, job, etc. but I’m just not ready to play them or maybe never will. But I also find that by writing about lore I read I can better understand it and develop questions when I need clarification. Its like note taking only much more fun, I’m going to make PCs for each city as well, framing them to the city to help understand the lore, etc. Sometimes my mind runs away with me though I come up with ridiculous ideas and for some reason I want flying monkeys everywhere. Must be Oz’s fault. The point is there is a lot of lore and I feel like I’m studying and it’s a good kind of studying the kind that makes me feel like I actually did something :D

On the note of flame concepts I had to shelve my ghost. I liked her much and I want to play her again but the city she is in and the focus she needs I don’t have time nor the muse for. And I apologize for unfinished threads but actually, quite a few of my partners disappeared as well…(alls well that ends well). But having to retire her has given me more time to focus on lore re-reading and reading. Still, seeing the gray name is depressing and gray reminds me of grey and can I just say some books are not meant to be an audio book because dear Gods above. That book on tape…sometimes sanity cannot be regained nor my hearing.

Update: Much the same. I should invest in a phone with a larger screen, my eyes are beginning to pain me something fierce.
Sosicly Magnolia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sosicly Magnolia on May 17th, 2013, 3:02 am

Television

'lo you. Watch t.v. with me. B1 and B2 make B12 which is in Bananas (does anyone else spell that singing the Gwen Stefani song?), I finally solved it! I also am 87% sure that is not what they meant in the first place:D
Last edited by Sosicly Magnolia on May 28th, 2013, 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sosicly Magnolia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sosicly Magnolia on May 18th, 2013, 12:11 am

Excited!

House

Guys! Guys! Listen! My Realtor just called and said our offer might be accepted for a house, we are so close and wow I am so excited I can't even breathe right now! I should be keeping up with replys at my slightly speedy pace but if I take a little longer this weekend that is why because, I AM GETTING A HOUSE. It deserved capitols. No more apartment for me yeah! And just asdfajsdflh. :D
Sosicly Magnolia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sosicly Magnolia on May 28th, 2013, 2:21 am

PC Musings ii

The other day I was writing posts with a co-worker over my shoulder they asked:

‘Why is she so physically stunted? It doesn’t make her interesting.’

Well, honestly I did plan for her that way because I wanted her to be mute, however, I got a might annoyed when he said it didn’t make her original. Which was not what I was going for, I did it because a) she was meant to be a character that forced me out of internal thoughts and speech and more into action and description (which is failing, in case you wondered) and b) considering the different methods employed by different Symenestra it seemed like a very real possibility, some use force, drugs, magic, etc., one wrong move and there could be complications. And they are no Konti so regardless of their medical knowledge they can’t fix everything. Of course, he had no idea what I was talking about…on that note feeling defensive about my character made me realize I may have overdone her ailments a tad when I started or else why would I be so defensive? But now it’s part other over-reaching goals to get healed as much as possible somehow or other. In my own vanity I then proceeded to take a Sue test online to try and save face here while claiming I was not being defensive about my crap writing devices:

http://www.springhole.net/writing/marysue.htm

My findings?

22-29
Original fiction and MMO/RPG characters can go either way at this point depending on the writer.

At that point I banged my head against the desk, thrice. But que sera, sera. She is the way she is and my writing is…many things and if she is a cliché I will try again. Improvement and that lot. Does anyone else hear Yoda every time they say the word try? Or Dr. Seuss? No? Well you should be. :D

UPDATE:
Ye Gods. I never knew how much paperwork went into a house and now I wish was still naïve. I never want to see another document to sign as long as live but unless I have an astonishingly short life in mind then paperwork needs to be filled out again very soon.
Sosicly Magnolia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nailah on June 15th, 2013, 3:50 am

Miza for your thoughts?

Mizahar buys with coins, some barter, RL history used gems even at some point…we should have stuck with those or just plain gold coin or actually labor. Now we use rags, we are killing ourselves for cloth. It literally is something we wear. I don’t know why this bothered me all of the sudden but it did, because clothing decides our societal value on any level. A piece of cloth. Dyed green (which is not one of my favorite colors because it looks like puke, why couldn’t money have been red or blue or orange, I really like orange. It’s so bright but I don’t care much for yellow, it’s just too bright, reminds me of when I tried to do the whole look at the sun and not sneeze trick) and inked. It is monopoly money with value! The only difference is a monopoly is fun! I know there is more that goes into the money making process but it is still essentially a rag, like the one I use for my dishes. There is more worth in gems and we pay for gems with cloth.

Still I love my job, I just hate that I am working with something I love for something that does not seem very worthwhile. Why can’t I work five hours and get a few good books in return? Or loaves of bread? Or something besides a dish rag! Or could I get paid in gems? I really do like rubies, they have such pretty color. Actually a lot of shiny things are pretty and not really disgusting and reused. Have you ever thought of where bills have been? What other people do with them? I detest being given soggy dollar bills, because how did they get soggy in the first place?! Butt sweat?! o.O And I am off topic entirely now.

Ah well, can’t complain, I could have it much worse I suppose. Although worse is subjective as most things are, experience, knowledge and things like that make up what is worse. But I just wonder why we put so much stock in a rag.

UPDATE: Crawling along, posts are coming, my final threatens to flunk me. I made a new PC asyou can tell, although with my schedule I’m not sure why. I’m thinking of reviving Theia, I do wish to see her through! I’ll still do my two days of posting a week and in a few more weeks I will have a house! Then I will show you pictures :D

Common
Kontinese
Tukant
Absence Notice
Nailah
Healing is not salvation

Words: 15917
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2013, 11:25 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nailah on July 3rd, 2013, 4:24 am

I enjoy writing, I don't enjoy the heat. I apologize for slowness. Here, have a family tidbit.

Situation: We are sitting on the couch, them on either side and me in the middle fidgeting. In case you’re curious, my little brother is 11.

Little Brother (LB): Are you constipated?
Me: o.O
Dad: …What?
LB: Like when you can’t sit around lots of people or in small stuff. Cause your moving a lot.
Me: Claustrophobia. It’s claustrophobia. And you’re crushing me with your bony knees!
Dad: Laughing
LB: Oh…are you sure?
Me: Yes.
LB: Then what’s constipated?
Dad: Laughing harder.
Common
Kontinese
Tukant
Absence Notice
Nailah
Healing is not salvation

Words: 15917
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2013, 11:25 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Tar on July 5th, 2013, 2:51 am

Kelvic Aging

To age my Kelvic I took the four stages that would be playable on Mizahar (child, teen, adult, senior) which was basically four and divided that by the life expectancy of her animal. A Tarsier lives for 12-20 years, I picked 15 as her maximum age, they mature at two so I subtract that from the total. 13 divided by four is 3.25. This means that my Tasier Kelvic should age roughly every 3 years after maturity.

The point of this was for help aging Kelvics if you were unsure, this is not a solid rule nor it is approved via storyteller or anything but I figured it is as good as any. Basic formula:

Life expectancy – maturity age = Total / 4
Common * Jamouran * Vani
Tar
Bang * Bang

Words: 2438
Joined roleplay: June 22nd, 2013, 6:20 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Sosicly Magnolia on July 7th, 2013, 5:24 am

PC Musings III

I decided to go over my PCs and really sit down for a moment figure out why I made them, why they are special to me and post their goals here so I do not lose sight of what I want them to do.

Sosicly: I've said it before, and I'm saying it again, she started as one of those test characters, to get a feel out for personal writing style and such. Now she has her own goals, her own mind, her own way of doing things. At times she surprises me by doing things I didn't think of or plotting out very long term goals about one person without their consent. She doesn't think of people besides her own as people but as the means to an end but I wonder what she will do if she gets emotionally involved. Sidetracked here but her goal is to get in with the royals, she wants to run Kalinor and she is going to try her hardest to get to that point. A lesser goal is to cure herself of her muteness, and sickly lungs but that is only so she can try and prove herself worth something more. I see her as being someone who will kill herself to get to her goal.

Nailah: She is so much more passive. Even when I write her I feel a bit bored and try to spice things up. Regardless of what she is she has a plain jane personality, and humble goals. She wants to own an apothecary, she wants children, she wants a spouse, the whole nine yards. To a lesser extent she wants to be more confident and overcome her fears but she has accepted herself as the way she is, and seems reluctant to change aside from the necessary to get her goal. I cannot see her going farther than establishing her life of comfort.

Tar: After reading the Kelvic lore I made her for OOC reasons. I have yet to writer her IC because she I'm trying to establish her style. Sidetracked again, but she is one who will be searching, she will likely never settle unless her bondmate does but I see her infecting more wanderlust into her partner, and perhaps picking up a bit of contentment so she won't travel as frequently. The main reason for the wanderlust is lack of belonging, a bondmate she would feel connected to, loved by but she would not belong in their world. As such she wants to find out what happened to Marcus Kelvic, to what end I am not sure yet. She is still a child and so flighty when I try to get into her mindset.

Theia: I have decided to revive her but not till my internet is settled. But her goals are more scattered, like she is. She wants to move on subconsciously but she cannot accept what is, and is stuck in more literal limbo of the same day over and over. I see her trying to get out of it once she realizes it, trying to move forward but its not in her nature. She will become a poltergeist of sorts because she is a ghost and she cannot change or continue on, she can only pass on back to the reincarnation cycle. She will either reach the goal of returning to the cycle on her own or she will be forced back and if worst comes to worst she may end up dusted.
Sosicly Magnolia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sosicly Magnolia on October 12th, 2013, 12:02 am

Much Ado About Nothing

I really should not have made so many PCs without forethought. I hope to put Tar back next season. As for everyone else they are…sleeping for the time being. Nailah will take some more thought, Theia is still waiting because I told her to wait. I find it necessary to get settled again as I reach nearly a full year of Mizahar, instead of having delusions of things I want to do but don’t have the time to put forth. Full commitment. I suppose this is an apology to myself and thread partners, and a firm reminder that flame concepts are not to be put out as soon as they pop in my head.

A picture was not taken because I got busy with patrons but I thought I’d share the story.

At work I opened a book when checking it in, lo and behold a five-dollar billed fell on the floor and tapped to it was a note. The noted stated that for this ten year olds birthday he would try to do ten acts of kindness. One of those was to give away something he had gotten. The five-dollar bill was one of those items so he placed it in the book in hopes some other child would find it.

This was about two weeks ago(?) Today I had the pleasure of learning that someone had found it, and would make a tradition of it on their next birthday. It really just made my day.

Your Right to Read!

It was our display for Banned Books Week. We kept it up for the whole month. Thought I’d share. Did it myself and I was quite pleased. Next year will be a fire display :D Everyone liked the reasons displayed on the books (which I actually got from another branch) and a lot were checked out.

What I learned today :
Today I learned or learnt that words like:
Learned Learnt
Spelled Spelt
Leaped Leapt
Burned Burnt
Spoiled Spoilt
Dreamed Dreamt
Kneeled Knelt

Are not always interchangeable, are different due to different countries (American English and English), and that learned is the active verb while learnt would be the past participle. Frankly, it’s confusing because most of my English teachers tell me it’s always –ed but I never was any good with grammar just thought I’d throw this out there.

Sosicly Magnolia

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next