Closed Asking for Favours [Ricky]

Asking for a place to stay is a pretty big favour.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Asking for Favours [Ricky]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on July 17th, 2013, 11:11 pm

"No."
Gale said blatantly,"I could not ask that of you, especially when you have a child on the way."

Did he just say no? What was he thinking?! He was in no position to reject any sort of help!

But then again, he would more than likely be an inconvenience to the pair. When you were taking care of a pregnant woman you didn't want to take care of another who should be more than capable of taking care of themselves. Bad times happened to everyone and it just so happened that he didn't have much Mizas on him to go and buy a place to stay. If it had been last Summer he would have been a lot better off but of course fate had a funny sense of humor.

But Hannah, was it? Hannah apparently lived with them for a while. It didn't seem like he was bothered by her. But who would be? It was Hannah! She was...Well, she was...Damn!

As soon as Gale pulled his gaze away from the towering bear, he couldn't pull himself to look back. The blonde could only imagine what Ricky was thinking. If he was in his shoes, Gale would more than likely would have though himself as pathetic, which was, in itself, pathetic. It could be worse, though. He learned that a long time ago. It could always get worse and the man could only hope that it didn't this time. Just for once.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on July 19th, 2013, 5:18 am

When Gale turned down Ricky's offer to stay he turned away, a bit of a shamed look on his face in the process. It was enough to make Ricky scoff and smirk down to Gale, even though the artist wasn't able to see it while he looked down. "Aight then, have it yer way." He shrugged his shoulders, eyes now on the bag that sat next to Gale as his mind was made up. With no hesitation in his movement Ricky leaned downward and reached for the back, he grabbed it and pulled it up next to his side in one swipe as he straightened up, eyebrows furrowed at how light the bag was for someone who was now homeless. "Think this'll do for ya while yer out on the streets? Ya ain't got shyke in the bag by the feel of the weight, plus I'd rather sweep ya off the street as a friend rather than a guard later on." Ricky mused with a firm tone of voice as he watched for Gale's expected reation, it had no doubt been enough to pull the artist's gaze back up to him. Gale would see that while Ricky looked a bit amused he definitely wasn't going to take no for an answer, as a bit of a frown could be seen in his determined expression.

"And that's a handful of barnacle shyke just so ya know, just 'cause I have a kid on the way don't mean I ain't got room for a friend!" He pointed a finger to Gale now, a fatherly tone starting to come in as though he were lecturing a child. "Believe me we've enough room for ya to get ya on yer feet, and ye'll no doubt do that before the baby arrives cause yer talented with that charcoal and paper. If that won't help, then I'll just've to teach ya how to be a man." He pointed out with the bag brought up to his shoulder now, and a his free hand down to Gale so the artist would take it and pull himself up. "Petchin' tell me no again mate, but I ain't takin' that for an answer no matter what." He spoke firmly once more, eyes down on Gale as they sized the man up. Come to think of it Gale wasn't entirely too tall, about as average as any other folk actually. Being a bit on the lanky side as well that would make him a pretty good lightweight for Ricky, which gave the guard an interesting idea if Gale decided to refuse again. Ricky had made his choice and he was going to follow it through, if Gale didn't decide to come stay with him then by all means; Gale would become part of the luggage Ricky would be bringing home.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on July 19th, 2013, 4:07 pm

"Hey!" Gale snapped as Ricky snatched his bag. "Give that back! The stuff in there is not as sturdy as you are, lad!" Which was entirely true. For once, something true cam out of his mouth. He had his flute, which was probably the most fragile item in the entire bag, his sketchbook and artist kit that could be soiled, food that could be bruised, all sorts of things. But despite those items, the pessimist was most concerned about the clothes he'd find if he decided to look in the bag. Having both his 'lucky' piece of glass and his blood stained shirt inside, the man looked extremely concerned. If the Waveguard found that then he would surely question. Being the terrible liar he was, the truth would come up eventually and Ricks would never forgive him, let along never offer him to stay at their place again. "Richard!" Gale demanded, holding his hand out. Reaching out and grabbing the back would probably do more damage to the items than if he let Ricky loosely handle the bag. Once (and if) he gave it back, the Zeltivan slung it on his back firmly, giving the Fisherman a glare from anger.

"Well maybe it was because of the lack of items I have is why I am homeless in the first place." He rolled his eyes,"If I had more I would sell it and buy my own damn place." Another glare. How did he know that something like this would happen? How did he predict this? It was like magic! Magic, magic, magic.

"You might have room for a friend but that does not mean I am not a burden still. Just because you could put up with me does not mean that you like putting up with me. I would rather sleep outside for a while until I earned enough Mizas to buy my own place than to be a nuisance to one of my only friends." It was the first time Gale admitted to not having many friends, but apparently Ricky was determined to take him home. He wasn't some stray pet that talks back, and he didn't like being treated as if he was so. If giving him the full reason was the only way to get Ricky to let him be then so be it.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on July 20th, 2013, 6:51 am

Gale's reaction had been what Ricky could've expected after all, but the words he said most certainly were not what he predicted as an outcome. He had hoped for a "fine" or "whatever" and that the artist would give in, but he instead revamped at Ricky with rather spiteful glares. Surprisingly enough Ricky did give the bag bag since it was Gale's after all, though that didn't stop the guard from his reaction of a snap towards the bitterness he felt in Gale's words. "Dammit mate would ya quit puttin' yer self down like that! In what world would ya be such a bother to someone who's lendin' ya a hand? If I'm yer only friend like ya say I am, then do us both the petchin' favor; shut up, and come with me to yer new temporary home." Ricky crossed his arms with a serious look on his face, cheeks slightly red as his attitude began to shift.

"Lemme tell ya this mate, when I was the petched up shyke head with nothin' but a mug of Kelp Beer as me friend, I didn't want a single bit of help or pity from a friend. I almost came to believe I had none because of my loss, but then I came 'round and made amends for me self. Now I'm takin' better care of me self and me friends, and if that means givin' them a place to rest their head, then by the Gods I will follow through with that decision." He spoke harshly now as though his lecture was more punishment really, although Gale really hadn't anything to be punished for. Ricky had just become to caring in the time he and Gale haven't spoke, and his heart naturally made every choice he made in life. Helping a close friend was just something easy for Ricky, but helping a friend that refused to accept help was a deeper story.

"I'm sorry for snappin' at ya like this mate, but ain't no way in Mizahar I'm lettin' ya stay out in the streets like this. Tel and I got a nice thing goin' on that yer welcome to be a part of, and in the mean time ye can work to get back yer feet." He sounded a bit calmer now, less firm compared to the stern man from just moments before. "I know it's hard mate, but it helps if ya let people help ya. I thought myself nothin' but a burden as well before, now I just try to repay the respect and confidence everyone else puts into me. May not be much but I do what I can to show I'm there." He thought about cracking a joke about how it could bring more friends into Gales life, but he figured it best to save the jokes for a more lighter talk when the mood was fitting. "If anythin' this'd be me way of sayin' thanks to ya, for bein' that friend I needed when I first came home." He pointed out with a faint smile, and waited a good moment for Gale to recall the time Ricky came home only to find his house had been gone. That too was an important time for Ricky, and Gale being there helped Ricky in a way the artist had yet to realize. "So don't worry 'bout bein' a burden or whatever, that's barnicle shyke there mate. If anythin' you'd do me, and yer self, a favor by comin' to stay with us." He finished with a nod to Gale, still hopeful the artist would come around. He still considered throwing Gale over hid shoulder an option if it were necessary, though that depended on what Gale did next.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 1st, 2013, 11:11 pm

It was like he was a child all over again! He was getting a scolding for being stupid and he had to stand here and listen. Except instead of it being his mother, it was a fatherly figure. Which was also startling. Never having a father until he was married, men who yelled him him like they were his father was rather surprising. His Father-in-law yelled at him quite a lot, however, since Hana's parents never took a liking to him for his choice of occupation. And having much less wealth than they did. And for not being some knight in shining armour for their princess, which Hana always gracefully corrected them on, despite how true it really was.

Ricky's tone died down the further in his talk he had gotten. He made several good points. Really good points. It would probably be better if he just gave up and went with him. Gale wasn't even sure what he hoped to achieve with disagreeing with him rather than not having to deal with someone whom he gotten off on the wrong foot with. That yelling and shouting Telion. If she yelled at him as much as she did back when then he would be deaf before he could move out.

"Richard..." The man said with a sigh. "I do not know... Telion was not exactly the most pleasant person to be around when she and I first met." Such a pathetic excuse. "I mean, this is not the first time I have had to stay with some one who had a reason to keep an eye on me and it did not turn out very well." Referring to his Father and Mother-in law, of course. He was only able to stay long enough to go get himself a room at the Grotto before they locked him out. Damn nobles and their snotty attitude.

Wait- Why was he denying help again?! This was completely hypocritical. He wanted help yet he was rejecting it. What the petch? What is wrong with you Gale! If someone could just shake you until your eyes fall out! Now you have to listen to another lecture from the chap. Watch yourself throw that away too. Maybe you should be outside. At least you would learn to accept some damn help for once.

Augh, now he was sounding like Ricky. May the gods forbid...
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on August 2nd, 2013, 3:27 am

"Hmph." Ricky chuckled with an entertained grin on his face, clearly Gale was running out of reasons as to why he shouldn't come. All the same Ricky was tired of countering his excuses with facts, in fact it was rather counterproductive just standing there and trying to argue. "Sure Tel made a bit of a bad first impression at that time, but that was 'cause o' me." He had no shame in admitting it, it was his fault after all for being so withdrawn. Still Ricky couldn't let the sigh go unnoticed when Gale failed to give in, and so the guards fatherly like mind resorted to treating Gale the way that worked best. Though it was more so how he'd treat a kid, Ricky had no other option left in mind and felt entirely sure that this was the only resort he had left.

"Aight then Gale," Ricky looked at him rather disappointed, "If that's what ye think." He allowed those words to sink in, to let his mind absorb them and distract his attention, only for the one final act to come into play. Ricky didn't hesitate to do his next move, which involved crouching down to wrap an arm around Gales legs, and then throw the artist over his shoulder with a bit of a stagger. "Hold the petch still mate!" Ricky teetered a bit as he struggled to keep balance, but at last he managed to gain a foothold even if Gale decided not to struggle. Ricky simply started to walk in the direction of the Old Quarter, and furthermore disregard Gale's previous excuses.

"First off mate, Tel was only mad that day cause o' me. Secondly ye ain't got much t' worry 'bout cause we'll expect ya t' be on yer feet in no time, thirdly ye're a friend o' mine and I don't plan to just let ya go off so easily. Also yer a bloody lightweight man, need to put some meat on them bones ye got." He finished with a laugh at his amusement, Ricky rather enjoyed pulling this stunt off if not a bit too much.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 2nd, 2013, 8:46 pm

Great. Just great. You lost your chance Gale. You argumentative, self centered-

"AAAH!" The terror that shot through Gale when he was lugged over Ricky's shoulder was unexplainable. It could only be shown through his flailing and shouting, which was extensive. "RICHARD!! YOU PUT ME DOWN THIS BLOODY PETCHING CHIME!!" Fists beat on the Waveguard's back like a child. All of the man's actions were mainly instinct mixed with staggered speech. His legs kicked vigorously as if fending off some sort of animal. Gale didn't even stop when Ricky was trying to talk. He simply kept yelling,"IF YOU DO NOT PETCHING PUT ME DOWN THIS PETCHING INSTANT I AM GOING TO SLAUGHTER YOU!!" A pathetic threat that lost it's meaning with his stuttering and horror filled voice.

Realizing that using Ricky's back as a drum wasn't working, his hands scrambled for his head and neck, which was extremely hard to reach. They only grasped air several times, occasionally hit his other shoulder before a slap on top of the head was achieved. But that was all it was. A mere slap. His hair was too short for Gale's frail fingers to grasp, and thus, they slipped. Damn short hair! "DAMN YOU RICHARD, PUT ME DOWN!!"

Gripping his bag tightly so he didn't drop it, the fury boiling in his blood showed in his expression. He was even red, but that was more so from embarrassment and the physical work out he was getting more so than his rage. Wiggling around on someone's shoulder was a lot harder than it looks, and it was already starting to take a tole. It was pretty clear he was tiring because the effort in his kicks and squirms dropped significantly, and the shouts of profanity were less often. Eventually he gave in and stopped fighting against him. The murderer panted softly as his arms dangled. "Richard..." Gale made his final statement. "As soon as you put me down, I am going to gouge your eyes out."

If Ricky thought this was remotely funny, well he had another thing coming...
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on August 3rd, 2013, 8:42 am

"Keep talkin' mate, ye'll see where it gets ya." Ricky quirked as he took the blows and hits Gale repeatedly flurried on his back side, he would at best have some red spots if not a bruise or two but not once did Ricky feel hardly any pain. "We'll also 've t' ger ya into shape mate, ye got hardly the man power t' back up yer talk." Not that Gale talked big earlier otherwise this would've all the more been shameful, but as Ricky took the struggle the artist put up rather well he found all of this quite amusing actually. If anything he deeply started to consider teaching Gale things, things Ricky learned before he had lost his father, things that would make any guy like Gale into the man he was meant to be. "Slaughter fish and piss kelp mate, this be f'r yer own good." He retorted to Gale with a bit of a snicker, he was already near the end of East Street where he would turn in the direction of the Old Quarter next. Of course people that passed looked and watched in curious awe, nosy as ever as to why a large man had another guy thrown over his shoulder flailing like a kid on a temper tantrum.

"Least he ain't actin' like a spoiled princess." Ricky humored as he took notice the kicks and hits lessened, clearly the artist was tuckered out. "Ya done- Ow." Gale then hit him the head with a slap, but probably intended to grab at him in the attempt. "Clearly we gotta get more muscle on ya mate. If I were just a random sailor with the intenr f'r blood ye'd be an.easy lad t' pick up and carry off." He chuckled as they were nearing the Old Quarter section now, the University complex visible above all the structures that nested within the district. "Heh, yer gonna threaten a good friend when he helps ya. Typical old Gale, why don't ya get yer pantaloons outta their knots. Yer britches aren't that big mate." Ricky chuckled a bit more, definitely amused with Gales failure at threatening him. If anything Gale was welcome to try, after they were in his new temporary home of course.

Finally they were at the building complex Ricky lived in, and he wasted no time in continuation. He entered the building as though Gale were merely luggage on his shoulder, entering the grand room that remained empty except for several old benches and tables, Ricky hadn't a clue who owned the room but they apparently cared little for decoration. Anyways Ricky travelled up the spiral staircase into yet another somewhat empty room, then continued to the northern door into the hallway that connected to the bedrooms. Ricky brought Gale to the door to where Hannah stayed, the second room he owned since he purchased the bedroom set. Finally with a twist of a knob the door swung open, and Ricky brought Gale inside with a foot lifted behind him to shut the door. He then finally dropped Gale onto the bed with a sigh, and rotated his right arm so that the shoulder popped a few times. "Welcome home Gale." He teased the artist a bit, though his actions proved to be more serious than funny.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 4th, 2013, 7:22 pm

"You do not need muscles to fight." Gale was a true believer in that. "You only need brains." Which was more than likely, true. Having taken down a man much bigger than him, the blonde was sure that brawn was only a slight advantage to battle. However, without smarts, brawn won't get you anywhere. Unless it was a one hit and they are out. Then there could be problem. But nevertheless, the comment on his physical abilities was shrugged off. "Besides, if you were intending to kill me, you would be begging on your knees for mercy by now. But I would not dare hurt a friend." Sounding a little too confident. With the glass in his bag, there could have been several puncture wounds in his back already if he wasn't a friend. However, he was, and Gale didn't intend on killing him off.

"Besides, what are you going to do? Make me work out? Eat more?" Doubt that Ricky would do that to him. But what if he did...

Watching the cobblestone street pass by as Ricky walked, the pessimist observed the stone. It was an interesting new perspective, to say the least. The seemed to move a lot slower than he was use to. He walked so fast some times so when he looked at the ground, the stone seemed to be a blur. Ricky's walk wasn't as brisk and the blue eyes were able to look at individual pieces of stone. It was quite an interesting thing. Maybe he should take his time while walking...Nah.

Looking up from the street the best he could, his eyes met another passerby who blankly starred at the two. An awkward grin passed Gale's face in embarrassment along with a brief blush on his cheeks. The stranger moved one. "Richard, please put me down." He pleaded one more time. But it didn't work.A sigh let loose through the air.

They soon entered a room where Ricky then plopped the murderer onto a bed, briefly bounding before standing up quickly. "I hope you know I will never forgive you for that." The blonde looked sternly at his friend.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on August 9th, 2013, 12:18 am

oocSorry for the wait, finally getting past my writers block so I'm almost back to full posting power. :)

"Teh," Ricky couldn't prevent the smirk that time, then again why should he when this clearly was a funny situation, "I'd rather ya be angry and've a place to rest yer head, then let ya torture yer self with no place at all mate." Ricky crossed his arms as he looked down at Gale, unmoved by everything he heard during the trip. Gale may be able to pose threats but with Ricky he had no absolute reason to, this was enough for the guard to consider the fact his good friend wouldn't try anything. After all a friend who helps you gets help in return, and Gale certainly did his bit in helping Ricky when he first got home. Now that Gale was thr homeless one the time for Ricky to return the favor had come, and this was him now accepting that favor; and refusing to let it go. "Anyways mate ya got a decent bed here, a bench t' sit on, a draw'r f'r yer clothes, and a mirr'r all at yer disposal. I'd suggest startin' t' unpack now so ye'll get comfy," Ricky picked the bag up off the bed since Gale only stood up to remark on Ricky's "act of kindness" he pulled, and gave a warm enthusiastic smile as he held it for the artist to take.

"I'll even help ya lad, though there isn't much stuff anyway." Ricky only teased with a chuckle, his friendly nature present as Gale decided whether or not to take the bag. A gentle knock came on the door just before it opened, and Telion partially entered with a puzzled expression on her face. "Ah Tel! Come come, we've another neighb'rly roommate." She came to Ricky's side with a gentle smile, curious to see just who Ricky brought home now. When she saw it was Gale she gave a look to him, one that suggested she remembered the face just not the name.

"You were in the room across from Ricky's at the Grotto." She remarked with a faint memory, Ricky heartily chuckled as he wrapped an arm over her shoulders.

"This'd be Gale; and o' course Gale ye remember Tel," Ricky mused, "Gale thinks he'd be intrudin' if we gave 'em a place t' stay and would've stayed out on the street had I not brought him." He explained to Telion, which she then looked to Gale as though he were crazy.

"Nonsense! Any good friend of Ricky's is good enough for me, you're welcome to stay as long as you need." Telion walked over to Gale and gave him a gentle hug, then turned to Ricky with another gentle smile.

Ricky chuckled with raised eyebrows to the artist. "See? Told ya." Another amused chuckle came as he waited to hear Gale's response.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext