Kane's Scrapbook - Humour Abound

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Shiyami on July 28th, 2013, 2:05 am

Kane wrote:
-Snip- Personally, my favorite is Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald -snip-

^Aye. Aye!

Though, I did not like Pokemon rangers. In my opinion, it was harder to beat than the Bullet Hell genre of games (Danmaku Legend 2, or the more famous Touhou). I've broke a DS playing rangers XD. Circled so hard that I pierced my screen.
See if I have given you a nickname here!
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Words: 125205
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 3:29 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jupiter on July 29th, 2013, 12:44 am

Oho, a fellow Gen 3 fan are we? ;) That makes you automatically awesome. And now I must ask, which was your favorite starter? (I like Mudkip. :P)

Oh, I have one of those too! I was always scared that I'd end up stabbing my DS's screen. Curiosity has once again taken over. Does it have like gel or anything inside it? Or is it just a screen? What is inside the screen? I must know.

This is a very rare opportunity to speak to someone who's peirced their DS screen.
Jupiter
Let me help you

Words: 44855
Joined roleplay: May 17th, 2013, 8:14 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Traverse on July 29th, 2013, 1:57 am

I caught Kyogre with a pokeball in Sapphire, total fluke, I was freaking out for days.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Shiyami on July 31st, 2013, 2:44 am

Mine would be Torchic!

Though I found it annoying that the rival ALWAYS get the pokemon that counters the one you choose...

But anyways, the inside of the DS screens was something like the cross between what you would see a broken calculator display, and perhaps some gel type pad, that was ruptured.

When I mean calculator display, its like when the screen is cracked, and the blackish ink is released.

Though...now that I think about it...the gel could've been the super-glue that I tried to poor inside the screen...What? I was a kid back then! I really thoguht anything could be fixed with super glue or duct tape.
Last edited by Shiyami on July 31st, 2013, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See if I have given you a nickname here!
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Words: 125205
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 3:29 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Irriari on July 31st, 2013, 3:11 am

Gen 3?! Gen 3?! Oh, how I miss secret bases. The nice ones in Ruby that I spent hours searching for the perfect one to decorate with plants and mats and dolls. Of course, that one would always require an Acro bike and 50 HMs to get to, but it was perfect. *sobs* And the contestssssss. Oh, I loved Ruby SO much.

Active thread count: 8/8
Irriari
Blood and Poison

Words: 374003
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Kane on August 4th, 2013, 5:03 am

Traverse - Wow... Just, wow. That’s some serious luck. That’s the most unassuming thing to send out a legendary from too. Like, oh it’s just a normal pokeball-BAM! Legendary. That’s so awesome. :D

Shiyami - I believe this makes us pokemon rivals. But that also makes you the main character... I get what you mean. Also I now have a better idea of what’s in the screen of a DS. Two victories this day. Also no worries with the super glue. I’m pretty sure we all messed with that a lot when we were little. I remember freaking out once because I glued my fingers together.

Irriari - Yeah! The secret bases and the contests were some of what made Gen 3 so awesome. They made so many cool new things to do. I also really liked how you could grow your own berries. I always used that one secret base in the area where it always rains where there’s a patch for berry growing right next to it.

It seems like the general consensus is that most of us like Gen 3. Now I believe the question is, when will they finally come out with a remake? :P I’d buy it in an instant.
Kane
Darnit Eilea, I'm Your Friend Not Your Lover!

Words: 84491
Joined roleplay: December 15th, 2011, 5:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Traverse on August 4th, 2013, 12:44 pm

That's also the last gen where I liked more of the pokemon they released than disliked,which is more than I can say for gen 4 or 5, though I have...semi hopes for 6.

If they made a re-make they'd have to come out with slightly different names like fire red and leaf green, soul silver and heart gold, what would they call em? Probably something HORRIBLE, lol.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Shirayuki on August 4th, 2013, 4:26 pm

Pokemon thing 1, and Pokemon thing 2?
Shirayuki
Tiny Moe Doll

Words: 30596
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2013, 2:49 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Jupiter on August 6th, 2013, 9:32 am

A lot of the new ones they've released so far have been really interesting I think! I have high hopes that there will be some awesome new pokemon. (And not a bunch of disappointing ones.)

You know, all together I think Gen 4 was the most disappointing for me. I didn't like too many of the new pokemon. Also I got all excited that they had the contests, but they changed them so much that I was turned off from them. :(

Maybe they'd do something like Shiny, Shimmering, or some other weird gem descriptive word.
Jupiter
Let me help you

Words: 44855
Joined roleplay: May 17th, 2013, 8:14 pm
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Kane on August 7th, 2013, 1:53 am

A few things from my life that I'd like to share.

First, this is the state that I found our back door in earlier.

Apparently my parents didn't want Ben to get in the garage for some reason?I'm not quite sure how things came to this, but the result made me crack up none the less. :P

Secondly, my cat.

I've found that it's possible to stack several items on him when he's sitting on my lap. In that picture there are two Wii-motes, a light control, a container of cat treats, the remote control to the TV, and a PS3 controller. He honestly just didn't care.

And that's about it for now. I must say, today has been a pretty good day. :)
Kane
Darnit Eilea, I'm Your Friend Not Your Lover!

Words: 84491
Joined roleplay: December 15th, 2011, 5:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext