Completed Food For Thought (Rada, Jervis, Ardea, Kaie)

Let's get this party started!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Food For Thought (Rada, Jervis, Ardea, Kaie)

Postby Vanari on August 6th, 2013, 10:37 pm

Summer, Day 58, 513 AV

Despite the rainbow of knowledge and experience that made up their group, no one seemed to know where to go. After much indecisiveness and awkward staring, Vanari decided it would probably be best if they picked up some food at The White Swan Inn and asked the manager for a pleasant place to picnic. Besides, it had high quality fare and would be easy to find, since both her living arrangements and employment were located there.

When they arrived, Vanari had her new acquaintances seated while she made arrangements with Tresa.

"Just load it up with everything you've got," Vanari grinned. "And no skimping, Tresa; we've got a big group."

The older woman scoffed. "Give me any more of that lip and I'll take your whole week's salary instead."

"As if you'd ever hurt me like that, dearest hostess of mine," Vanari cooed.

"Bah." Tresa dumped a hunk of cheese in, then wiped her hands on her apron. "Fruit juice is in the back. I'll get it for you, as I always do. But lass, one 'o these days you're going to have to learn to handle your alcohol. Just take it from Old Tresa."

The Vantha gave her sweetest smile. "Not in a million seasons."

The cook huffed, then marched to the back of the kitchens. Vanari poked her head out to check on her friends, then ducked back in.

Making sure Tresa was still fetching the juice, she stole an opportunity to peek inside the basket. Mmm, heavenly. She may be cranky sometimes, but gods that woman knew how to prepare a meal. There was even a carefully wrapped parcel of clay tucked neatly beside the bread and cheese. She had made sure it was the best they could find, to make up for the harrowing adventure Rada had gone through today.

The sound of light footsteps cut her peeking short as she hastily straightened back up, a clever compliment already at the tip of her tongue to appease the cook. To her complete surprise, it was Ardea who was standing before her, watching her calmly from the other side of the table.

Vanari's eyes flashed a brilliant orange as she dropped the basket lid and rounded the corner, fiercely embracing her friend. "Oh Gods," she muffled through the Kelvic's coppery red hair. "You have no idea how much I've missed you!"

"Another mouth to feed, eh?" Tresa grunted, holding a bottle of freshly pressed berry juice in each meaty paw.

"Tresa, give us your best bacon and smoked venison!" Vanari cried, throwing her hands up in the air with a theatric flourish and grinning from ear to ear. "And go ahead and take my entire week's pay, if you must. There will be no expense spared for one of my dearest, oldest friends!"

"Whatever you want, Lass. You'll be workin' like a slave this whole week one way or the other!" the old woman chuckled before stuffing the bacon and venison in the already bulging basket.

"Soo," Vanari turned to Ardea once more, a sly smile on her face. "Have you found your manly hunk of a bondmate yet?"

Last edited by Vanari on August 16th, 2013, 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A lonely heart is better than a bored one.

"Your Speech"
"My Speech"
"Vani"
Vanari
Vantha Vagrant

Words: 372424
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2013, 12:20 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Jervis Hill on August 7th, 2013, 5:29 pm

Jervis hadn't even noticed the tall lithe copper haired woman until she followed Vanari through the door into the White Swan. Her hair reminded him of a tale he'd heard and always loved as a child. He rubbed Mable's mane gently as he began to tell him the story.

"It has been said that there is a grotto hidden deep beneath the earth where gemstones are as tall trees and at it's center is a lake of the purest liquid silver. The Mysterious Quicksilver Grotto. Roaming among the crystalline flora is a creature with a hide as hard as steel, as flexible as leather and studded with the jewels it consumes, The Legendary Armormole." Jervis' voice faded to uncharacteristic silence. It was an Isurian tale though spoken in the oral tradition of the Amethyst Clan and then translated into common so some of the details were hard to translate. He liked to believe that wonders like that existed in the world still. He loved all manner of tales but it was the ones of natural wonders that really filled him with awe. He wished most of all to see something amazing one day.

These thoughts led him back to his true dream. Jervis had seen some great weapons crafted by his master in his time as an apprentice but all of his master's weapons resonated with the soul of the smith, He dreamed to create weapons that resonated with the soul of the wielder and believed that by doing so was the only way he could ever surpass his master. A twinge of guilt flashed across his face briefly, He had much to learn yet but believed he had to see more of the world and the people who use the weapons in order to become a true master. Still running off left him with a feeling of betrayal and cowardice that he hated. Still the thoughts of the consequences if he had stayed still filled him with dread. Rarely did he question his decisions but this one didn't sit well with him.
"They call me the wisest of all greeks because I alone admit, I know nothing." - Socrates [/size]
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Words: 89402
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2013, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ardea on August 7th, 2013, 10:50 pm

58th Day of Summer, 513AV

Eyes low, the sleek Kelvic traversed silently into The White Swan. Having followed the varied group into the tavern, she observed Vanari disappearing into the kitchens and made a hasty decision to pursue her, meaning to catch her alone so that she would not have to immediately participate within the group and defy her instinctively aloof nature. Slipping in and out of people with practised ease, she slid sideways into the kitchen. The scene that met her placid gaze brought some amusement to her mind, how very typical of the Vantha to be rummaging through the cook's diligent work before it was ready. For a few moments she simply watched, one quizzical eyebrow raised, waiting for the Vantha to notice her silent presence.

Ardea had not been at all prepared for Vanari's reaction and, as her old friend bowled into her, the breath was knocked from her lungs. Surprised, the Kelvic hardly registered the next chain of events until Vanari asked her the dreaded question,
"Have you found your manly hunk of a bondmate yet?"
Ardea grimaced narrowed her eyes, had she been in her feral form, she might have hissed, though her aggression was not so much directed at Vanari than the question she had asked. Her answer was clear enough. Keen to avert the attention away from her, she questioned,
"How the years treated you, friend?"

Her steady, indifferent gaze turned briefly to the door which she had slipped through and another question rose in her throat,
"Who are the beings you're travelling with?"
Inquisitive, she took a step closer to the door so that she could peer out. It was true that she was very pleased to have found a solid friend amongst the chaos of the city, but conveying her emotions, particularly those not of anger, did not come easily to the Kelvic and she hoped her friend would not have been offended by her outward lack of enthusiasm.

"You" - "NPC" - "Common" - "Feline" -"Tukant" - "Pavi" - Thoughts

--[[Ardea will be in Syliras for most of the Summer, so shoot me a PM if you want to roleplay, even if you're just in the region]]--
Ardea
The Golden Tigress

Words: 35427
Joined roleplay: July 31st, 2013, 5:35 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on August 11th, 2013, 2:29 pm

These people were strange to Kaie. All so bubbly and enthusiastic, always flitting about and speaking in high, polite voices. Well, except the Kelvic who had remained rather quiet and distant. What was she even doing here with them? So far this season she had battled plenty for both sport and settlement. She had found intimacy with a squire in the woods and an unlikely teacher in the tavern. Most notably, Kaie had taken on the role of sellsword under a fellow Myrian. With her leader, a ghost, and another Kelvic, she had slaughtered men and women in the woods. She had taken first blood and sacrificed bodies to the Goddess Queen. She had tasted divine glory.

Now look at you. Sitting with with harmless barbarians. Are you going soft on every, Kaie?

Muscles tensed at the thought, but her expression remained objective. To rid herself of the hated notions, she instead decided to make conversation with the Isur. She turned to him. Watched him repeat some old tale while stroking his horse. After a couple moments she spoke.

"Blacksmith, I take it?" She asked casually, guessing the obvious and doing her best to remain cool. Better to keep things simple than inadvertently venture into darker discussions. Unless they're brought to her of course. Waiting for his reply, she glanced toward the Inn. She had seen the copper haired woman go in after Vanari. What sort of animal did the Kelvic turn to? Wolf? Horse? Snow Leopard? Kaie hadn't a clue. She could only go off the ones she'd already met. This Kelvic seemed different though. Perhaps she'd find out later. For now though she'd simply wait for their host to return.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Jervis Hill on August 11th, 2013, 3:29 pm

Jervis heard the query from Kaie behind him and turned to face her. "Well I can make a nail and bend a horseshoe but I'm a weaponsmith actually. What about yourself? I take it your a warrior, probably one that prefers a one on one fight if I'm correct. I'd guess a sword wielder probably something short and light like a short sword." Jervis said recalling the things he'd noted from his first meeting with Kaie, her fixed eyes and feline grace. Warriors were far more familiar to him then most people and perhaps easier to understand as his old master was very stern. Warriors rarely gave there respect out it had to be earned and Jervis had a level of respect for that.

He noticed her gaze trail the ladies the went into the White Swan and look of intense thought cross her face. Perhaps she hadn't noticed the copper haired girl either and was taken aback by her sudden appearance, though it didn't appear such. "Aye, I never noticed her either until a moment ago. I think she must know Vanari." Jervis commented off handedly
"They call me the wisest of all greeks because I alone admit, I know nothing." - Socrates [/size]
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vanari on August 11th, 2013, 7:03 pm

"Ah, I sort of just met them after, um, avoiding being smashed by fruit," Vanari answered, aware of how ridiculous it sounded. Yep, that was definitely a first.

She thanked Tresa profusely for the incredible picnic basket, watching fondly as the old woman waved her away before waddling back to work.

"I know you don't like dealing with a bunch of strangers, but have you ever seen a pycon?" The Vantha grinned. "Cause if you haven't, this one's worth meeting for yourself."

Hefting the basket off the table with both hands, Vanari shuffled towards the kitchen entrance. "We're going to find a place to eat all of this and maybe get to know each other a bit more, as I'm sure you heard. Want to come with? I must know what you've been up to, and you just won't believe who I bumped into just a handful of days ago in Riverall, looking in every nook and cranny for you. I thought you were dead..."

Vanari's tone softened as her eyes sunk to an inky purple. She recovered quickly, though, all amber hues and smiles once more as she added, "But now you're here, when I least expected...life sure is sneaky that way."

Heaving out the kitchen door basket first, she leaned against it with her shoulder and turned back to look at Ardea. "Shall we?

"Your Speech"
"My Speech"
"Vani"
Vanari
Vantha Vagrant

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ardea on August 11th, 2013, 9:54 pm

A slight smile twitched at the corners of Ardea's mouth as Vanari spoke. Interacting with these beings did not appeal to her much, but she would at least attempt to remain civilised, for the Vantha's sake. There were not many people who possessed a personality capable of combating the Kelvic's feral instincts, thus she consciously made an effort to keep them at bay. A flash of guilt creased her features as Vanari informed her of what she thought had become of her, she had not spent much time in the city this past year, she had been preparing herself for an indefinite period of separation from her family.

A slither of curiosity managed to sneak into her mind as her companion approached the doorframe, she had never seen a Pycon before today and was keen to examine its- well, her- behaviour. With a slight nod of her crimson head, she moved gracefully towards the Vantha. Ardea had changed since they had last met, that much was certain, but the gratitude and friendship she felt towards the human had not. With a placid, steady look in her copper eyes, she approached where the other humans sat, each step measured and possessing great elegance that spoke of the inhuman agility that her slight, but toned muscles possessed.

"You" - "NPC" - "Common" - "Feline" -"Tukant" - "Pavi" - Thoughts

--[[Ardea will be in Syliras for most of the Summer, so shoot me a PM if you want to roleplay, even if you're just in the region]]--
Ardea
The Golden Tigress

Words: 35427
Joined roleplay: July 31st, 2013, 5:35 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on August 13th, 2013, 6:46 am

"Gladius, actually," Kaie said with a grin, fingers tapping the hilt of her beloved weapon. The Isurian seemed intelligent enough. Perhaps she'd go to him if she ever found herself in need of weaponry. That is assuming she'd stay in this godsforsaken city a moment longer. Far too peaceful for her taste. Her time in the wretched city was coming to an end. She had Mizas now and skills to get around herself. She wasn't afraid of what laid ahead in her journey.

"I appreciate all this, but unfortunately I do not know your name. None of yours actually. Help me out here?" She asked casually, doing her best to sound polite and not pushy at all. This atypical social setting was putting a strain on her and it was a wonder she was able to pull off the act at all. So civilized and without even a tinge of hostility in her voice. Her fingers were itching to clench into fists, to force her back to the Fighting Pits to train. Her mental game was strong though, and she was gradually forcing herself to adapt to something out of her comfort zone.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Vanari on August 13th, 2013, 8:12 am

"Ah, how could we have forgotten?" Vanari answered, plopping the bulging basket on top of the table. "Allow me. So this fine fellow here is Jervis Hill, to my right is my honorable friend Ardea, and I am Vanari of Skyglow hold. Oh, and of course, you've met Rada..."

The Vantha did a double take, then even checked under the table just to be sure. "Um, has anyone seen Opala?"

Just then they all heard a screech as a strange, hooded figure stuffed something hastily into a large sack. A tiny clay hand struggled through the opening before the suspicious fellow could completely tie it off. For a moment, everyone was frozen in place, each staring at the dark figure and vice versa, until the villain turned and bolted out the tavern.

"Petching hell, he just kidnapped the Pycon!" Vanari cried, rushing to where the stranger stood only seconds before. "Stop that thief!" she shouted out the doorway, but whoever had whisked away Opala Rada was long gone.

Retreating back inside and brimming with frustration and panic, Vanari almost missed the mess of a white, sandy substance on the ground. She knelt down and swiped some with her fingers, tasting a tiny bit with the tip of her tongue.

"Stars and stones..." she murmured, then turned to the others. "He--she--whatever that was, it was covered in salt, and the only place with that much salt is Pavi lake...Now why on Mizahar would that have anything to do with a Pycon?"

"Your Speech"
"My Speech"
"Vani"
Vanari
Vantha Vagrant

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Jervis Hill on August 15th, 2013, 2:51 am

Jervis smiled and nodded at Ardea as she was introduced, however introductions were cut short by the absence of Opala. The sudden scream drew Jervis' attention to the hooded figure with a large sack, which apparently had Opala in it judging from the small arm sticking out. Jervis hated bullies with a passion and felt his already prominent brow knit with fury.

He followed Vanari into the street after the hoodlum but neither of them could spot where he went through the crowds. Feeling slightly defeated he followed Vanari back into the tavern unsure what they could do now. Vanari seemed to spot and examine something then said "He--she--whatever that was, it was covered in salt, and the only place with that much salt is Pavi lake...Now why on Mizahar would that have anything to do with a Pycon?"

"I've never heard of this Pavi lake but if we can find Opala or who ever took her there, I'm in. How do we get there?" Jervis said pounding his left fist into his right hand with a loud thump.
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next