Completed Food For Thought (Rada, Jervis, Ardea, Kaie)

Let's get this party started!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Food For Thought (Rada, Jervis, Ardea, Kaie)

Postby Ardea on August 15th, 2013, 9:24 pm

Ardea's unwavering gaze moved smoothly over each of the people at the table in front of her, determining each of their dispositions and deciding whether or not they might be a potential threat. There was something about the Myrian that unnerved her slightly, but it kept her on edge and, for that, the kelvic was grateful. Ardea gave a single polite nod in the Isur's direction as Vanari introduced him. Suddenly, a scream pierced the air, immediately sending adrenaline pumping through her veins as her gaze whipped around, searching for the source of the noise. But Vanari was already gone, pursuing whomever it was that had kidnapped her small friend.

Ardea sprinted after her with surprising speed for her slim frame, all but ready to shift and chase down the offender. Whomever it has been, however, was long gone and the kelvic retreated back inside alongside the Vantha. She listened in silence as the others spoke.
"I will accompany you. Though, like your friend here-" she motioned smoothly towards Jervis, "I have never heard of Pavi Lake before. I can, however, offer you some form of protection." The kelvic spoke carefully, as to not flash her abnormally large canines. Such a statement may have sounded odd to the others, given that, in her human form, she did not look like she held much strength behind her frame. However, Ardea knew that Vanari would understand and if she could help her most valued friend in any way, then she would do so in a heartbeat.

"You" - "NPC" - "Common" - "Feline" -"Tukant" - "Pavi" - Thoughts

--[[Ardea will be in Syliras for most of the Summer, so shoot me a PM if you want to roleplay, even if you're just in the region]]--
Ardea
The Golden Tigress

Words: 35427
Joined roleplay: July 31st, 2013, 5:35 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on August 16th, 2013, 12:14 am

Rada Opala. Jervis. Ardea. Vanari. Easy enough to remember, She thought with a nod to each as they were introduced. The names were weird compared to the ones she'd grown up with, though no weirder than most names she encountered in Syliras. She then had each face paired with the right name, stored in her brain. Memory sealed.

Kaie had begun to recline in her seat when the scream came, arms carelessly behind her head. She had been relaxed despite her notice of Ardea's gaze scanning over her. Relaxed almost. Yet then the scream did come and her host reacted rather quickly to it. The Myrian had been startled considering the nature of the meeting. The calm was shattered so quickly Kaie hardly reacted to it at first. Hands still hand her head, she turned her gaze to glance in the cry's direction. All she saw was some bag and a hooded figure.

The Myrian simply watched the criminal bolt, hardly making an effort to even straighten her sitting position. She simply watched the rest bolt after the thief in vain. At first she hadn't truly believed anyone was stupid enough to kidnap anyone at this time of day in such a public setting. Judging by the Pycon's lack of attendance and the others' reactions, it must've been true. Eyes darted to Vanari as she tasted some strange substance and gave an explanation. Why would anyone be covered in salt...?

Hardly anything made much sense to the Myrian. Nonetheless there was a bit of panic and she felt it needed to be addressed. First, she listened to the enthusiastic bunch, watching Ardea and Jervis offer their aid to rescue Opala. Kaie kept her head on the swivel in her silence. She had been waiting for the knights to come running. They always had the city on lock, yet they hadn't come yet? Another thing that threw the savage off. Hopefully no one bothered to tell them exactly what the nature of the kidnapping was. She doubted they would readily search for a being made of dirt essentially. Especially when that someone would probably be found on the bottom on their shoes before anyone located her. Call her morbid, but it was probably true.

"You should just let the knights handle it. They don't enjoy people overstepping their jurisdiction," Kaie began simply from her relaxed position, purposefully using 'we' rather than 'us.' Truthfully, these were not her people. None were born in the light of the Goddess Queen. She had no reason to trust them. The Myrian woman owed them nothing.

Kaie appraised each of them carefully, trying to notice the little things about their character and physical capabilities. She started with Jervis. He appeared to be determined enough and though not a body builder, he appeared to have the strength of his race. Then there was Vanari. A sweet woman kind enough to host a meal for complete strangers. This caused Kaie to wonder if she was too nice though, she didn't doubt she had a strong heart for her allies. She admitted she could see she might surprise her and in fact go after an attacker. Vanari seemed loyal like that. Then finally was Ardea, the copper haired woman with the intense gaze. She was quiet but aggressive enough. The only one in the group that made Kaie feel obligated to keep her wits about her. Considering she had offered protection, Kaie felt it necessary to not completely underestimate her. Of course these were simply attempts at determining friendly strangers, and she had no idea whether or not she had been correct. Nonetheless she accomplished her once overs first before continuing.

"No one would readily carry that much salt on them. Not even from a visit. Probably some sort of salt merchant. Just a stab in the dark but that's my best guess," She started carefully, withdrawing her hands and moving into a standing position. Kaie shrugged her shoulders and pushed the chair in before turning back to her allies. Her eyes were brighter then, flashing them a small grin of amusement.

"But I've been living in those woods for three years now. I've seen the place once. I'm confident I can find it again. Someone that bold must have friends to run back to. I think you'll find I do just as well surviving the woods as I do using my fists," Kaie offered easily, giving a short not and widening her grin as she caught the stare of Ardea.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Vanari on August 16th, 2013, 4:30 am

Vanari's panic gave way to relief. Merely knowing about the Pavi Lake didn't mean she could very well safely navigate them there. She had learned as much as she could of Syliras before arriving, but knew not the actual land herself. The Myrian's knowledge and experience was an unexpected blessing, but a blessing nonetheless.

"If you could guide is there, Kaie, we'd be much obliged," the Vantha replied. "We don't have much time...unless we need further preparation, I think we should pursue them now. We can take this basket--it will last us at least a couple days."

She looked around at their vastly differing, yet uniformly determined faces. They would find the Pycon in one piece, whatever the costs.

A lonely heart is better than a bored one.

"Your Speech"
"My Speech"
"Vani"
Vanari
Vantha Vagrant

Words: 372424
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2013, 12:20 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Jervis Hill on August 16th, 2013, 2:18 pm

"Oi Kaie, I had hoped the Knights would have stepped in too, They weren't in the street that I noticed when I went out looking for that villain. Secondly if I were to run to the knights like a scared little boy what would I tell them, a person in a dark cloak with a large sack stole someone, there must be hundreds of people matching that description the knights can't possibly search all of them" Jervis felt his voice rise and took a deep breath to keep his anger in check. It wasn't Kaie's fault and he knew that, she was probably being far more logically than he was at the moment he thought to himself.

"I'm not saying we take justice into our own hands, only the gods have that right in my opinion we can however find this man and bring him to the knights for justice. The quicker we can get there the greater chance of finding our friend unharmed. It'll be an hour before the knights can organize a group to go probably with all the paperwork you would have to climb through. No we have to go after them ourselves it's the only choice." Jervis said slightly more calmly than before. His mind was set on this course of action now, his locked eyes and set jaw made this decision show plainly on his features as Jervis always seemed to wear his emotions on his sleeve.

"But I've been living in those woods for three years now. I've seen the place once. I'm confident I can find it again. Someone that bold must have friends to run back to. I think you'll find I do just as well surviving the woods as I do using my fists," Kaie offered easily, giving a short not and widening her grin as she caught the stare of Ardea.

After Kaie had mentioned that she knew how to find the place Jervis finally look visibly relieved.Salt, Jervis hated salt it was the bane of finely crafted metal items. She had mentioned she carried a gladius, Jervis would hate to see a fellow smith's craft destroyed. "Here Kaie, Ardea and Vanari, make sure your weapons are freshly coated with my oil cloth, if we are heading to a salt flat of some sort and the have iron in them they'll need the protection." Jervis said as he reached into his belt pouch and pulled out a dark cloth and passed it to Kaie first as an apology for his temper which he knew could get bad.
"They call me the wisest of all greeks because I alone admit, I know nothing." - Socrates [/size]
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Words: 89402
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2013, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ardea on August 16th, 2013, 3:50 pm

Ardea's face found itself plastered with a rather unflattering scowl as Kaie mentioned the knights. Oh yes, because they're going to send out a search party for a Pycon who's been in the city less than a day and might not even be in the city anymore, she thought bitterly. It wasn't that she had taken a disliking to the formidable human, it was more that she seemed to have a strong, passionate personality that clashed with Ardea's own. All Ardea knew was that the Myrian caused potent feelings to form within her mind and she was still trying to figure out whether these were feelings of hatred or respect- or a bit of both. Whatever the emotions were, the fact that Kaie had expected to sit by and do nothing whilst the knights did all the work did not fare well in the Kelvic's mind and caused fury to bubble at the seams of her unstable mind.

At least she knows where we're going. Well, that was one positive thing in the entirety of this petching situation. Averting her critical, intense gaze from the woman, she looked to the Isur, trying not to seem so much like she was examining a piece of prey.
"I won't be needing that. But thank you." Her voice was smooth as she spoke, nodding towards the cloth that Jervis had passed around. Although there was a shortbow slung over her shoulders, it was more of a hunting tool than anything. Ardea's weapons were more... Built-in. Running her tongue over her smooth, sharpened canines, she took a ready step forwards,
"Lead the way."

FIN

"You" - "NPC" - "Common" - "Feline" -"Tukant" - "Pavi" - Thoughts

--[[Ardea will be in Syliras for most of the Summer, so shoot me a PM if you want to roleplay, even if you're just in the region]]--
Ardea
The Golden Tigress

Words: 35427
Joined roleplay: July 31st, 2013, 5:35 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on August 18th, 2013, 1:22 am

Kaie shrugged at Jervis, understanding his points but seeing he must've missed hers. Truthfully, Kaie didn't give a shyke about the knighthood and their peace-loving laws. She just didn't enjoy the idea of finding herself acquainted with the gallows if they ended up pissing them off. Anyone stupid enough to steal in their city wasn't afraid to get their hands dirty. Kaie didn't count out the possibility of blood being spilled. It wasn't like she was going to negotiate when it came down to it. Jervis might've had his own set or moral values when it came to taking things into his own hands, but Kaie had the blessing of one of those gods. Myri's approval for the kill was enough for her.

The justice of my sword works just as well, too....

Then there was the copper haired woman's gaze on her again. Silent and critical, but intelligent. Much was going on within her head, Kaie could see that much. Exactly what her thoughts were she didn't know nor really care. They were working together regardless though their reasons might be quite different. Either way, they needed Kaie to bring them to the salt lake. They just needed to tolerate one another. She eyed the woman in return as if to say "stay out of my way and the two of us will fair just fine."

It seemed both predators had adverted their gaze from one another, distracted by Jervis. Oil cloth? Just as his race's reputation said, the Isur was rather intelligent when it came to weapons. The Myrian was impressed, really. With a nod of gratitude she took the oil cloth and unsheathed her gladius, doing her best not to make a scene. The last thing she needed was to be apprehended by the order for a misunderstanding. She took great care with the weapon, making sure to oil it well, maybe even more swipes with the cloth than she needed. Better safe than sorry. Then she heard Ardea.

What did she mean she didn't need it? The red haired woman didn't seem dumb at all, which could only mean she didn't intend on bringing any metal weapons. Then again if that was true wouldn't that make her just that? Kaie's eyes narrowed as she swiped the cloth across the blade once more in confusion. Quickly she returned to her neutral expression and passed the cloth along to Vanari if she had use for it. Kaie couldn't help but wonder what it was exactly that made her feel so comfortable without a single tool. She was more confident with just her fists than her own bow or sword, but she didn't ditch them anyways. The Myrian didn't quite know what the woman was hiding or simply not revealing, but she knew she would find out. Either by circumstance or by other means.

Kaie sheathed her weapon upon hearing the woman, confident grin slipping clearly onto her features. She made her way toward the door easily, but then paused just before shoving through into the streets. She turned her body half around, knowing the copper haired woman would be the first at her heels.

"Just try to keep up," She challenged with a wry smile directly to the fiery woman. Then she turned back around and moved into the Syliras streets, heading for the quickest way out of the city.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Radiant on September 11th, 2013, 8:32 am

Vanari :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Socialization +2 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP
Leadership +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Handle Your Alcohol, Girl
Opala's Dissapearance

Loots

Jervis :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +2 XP
Socialization +1 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP
Planning +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
World Filled With Wonders
I Hate Bullies
A Plan To Rescue Opala

Loots

Kaie :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +2 XP
Socialization +1 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Bubbly And Enthusiastic Group
Syliras: Far Too Peaceful
Acquaintances: Rada, Opala, Jervis, Ardea, Vanari
A Pycon Kidnapper, Not My Problem

Loots

Ardea :
I see you haven't updated your ledger with the previous season living expenses yet, please do so and PM me, I will give you your grades. :)

Opala :
I see you haven't updated your ledger with the previous season living expenses yet, please do so and PM me, I will give you your grades. :)

Notes :
Nothing of note.

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous