Completed [Wildlands] Dangerous Party (Edreina, Razkar)

Love and hug, hug and kisses! Love and hug, hug and kisses!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

[Wildlands] Dangerous Party (Edreina, Razkar)

Postby Razkar on September 29th, 2013, 6:39 pm

The half-breed rolled across the grass but recovered fast, stopping herself with a foot stomped down hard, whirling to face her opponent... and spitting a scarlet-flecked gob of saliva to her side.

Razkar stood across from her, rubbing his jaw where her sweet little cross had certainly rattled his molars around. A handful of sellswords were standing in a rough circle around them, eager to absorb if only by observation some skills from the dauntless warrior leading them.

Moretta, however...

"Not bad," she said straightening up and circling him, Myrian mirroring her movements, circles tightening until they got closer, "But I think you-"

Her hand struck in mid-sentence, and Razkar nearly smiled. Ah, an old and favored trick of brawlers and filthy fighters the world over. Unfortunately for her, that was exactly what he was-

-and he slid his left leg to his left, twisting his body around from facing her to sideways, his own left snapping out horizontally to knock her vicious right straight away-

-his own right snapping forward to her solar plexus, hand twisting as he did to lend it extra power, as he'd seen Ximal do during their two immortal brawls.

Ah, the Fists of Nykas, he wondered for a fractured tick, watching the female gasp out her pain and shock, staggering back, were you only here today, to give me a real challenge.

Which was not to say Moretta was an easy victory; she was hardened by years as a sellsword, years before that as a scout and trapper and hunter, living in the Wilds with all their savagery as another would live in Riverfall. She staggered back but Razkar's kick to her stomach was blocked by her elbow, a spasm of pain shooting through him-

-as she spun, elbow out, aiming for his head-

-and his right flashed across his chest diagonally, palm of his hand angled but intercepting it, knocking it away-

-right foot hammering into the back of her kneecap, knocking her down to her knees-

-left hand grabbing a handful of her hair, jerking it to the side-

"Never turn your back on your enemy."

-before his right elbow hammered down vertically onto her collarbone, ungodly mix of numbness and agony ripping through her upper body and a cry was ripped from her lips as she toppled forward... but not on her belly. Numb and tingling was they were, she forced her shaking arms to stop her fall... hearing the slow, patient steps of the Myrian around her, crunching grass and stone with his sandled feet...

"Enough?"

She held up hr head (barely) and spoke her words (barely), but there was nothing mean nor weak about the intent behind them.

"... for now..."

"Right answer."

The Myrian helped her back up and the sellswords began to break apart, feet meandering, gold changing hands, until-

"And where are you all going?"

They paused. Men who rarely if ever stalled for any man's voice stopped like naughty schoolboys and shuffled in their boots, waiting for someone braver than them to-

"Well... we're not leaving today, are we?" Manny said, stepping forward, face still a bruised mess from his brawl yesterday with the Earth Demons, half of it swathed in dirty bandages. "So, we can take it easy, right?"

"Not even close. We are sellswords, we are paid to guard, so we guard." Razkar looked the youth up and down briefly. "Except you. Get bandage changed and then get to bed."

"Sir, I can walk just-"

The Myrian rolled his eyes then unsheathed his kukri and tossed it at the boy in one easy movement. Slowly, carefully, handle first as if he was aiming for the boy to catch it, an easy enough feet for one Manny's age-

-but the boy botched and bungled and missed the catch by a good foot.

"But you cannot use your eyes. Change and bed. Rest of you? Guard duty, like yesterday." They began to disperse and Razkar swung his gaze back to the female massaging her her shoulder. Her upper arm and forearms were pure white... or at least, they had been, with bandages, but now they were smeared with mud. He looked it up and down. "That make firing a bow harder for you?"

"Pah. Don't flatter yourself, Myrian."

"You were badly hurt last day. Could barely use your arm."

"I've put arrows into apples at twenty yards with a bloody arm, Razkar. Remember that."

"As you wish..."

It was curious how his private, silent fear at that chime was having to face Edreina with Moretta following him. Razkar was no idiot, and while he didn't understand it, he knew there was some nameless, crackling aggression between the two females that he had no desire to stoke or kindle... but the scout was good at her job and his apprentice needed to learn to follow orders.

Even if it's from people you don't petching like.

His mind was already running through ways to break it to her... when he realized there was no "her" to convince. He frowned as he approached their tent, seeing that Jorven was gone, Mrrko looking distinctly uncomfortable all alone once again, tossing his black mane back and forth as if trying to get his attention.

"Apprentice?" The Myrian barked, peering into the tent. "Where is-"

Nothing. No red mane to catch his eyes, no blue stare to entrap them, no subdued glare at the scowling Drykas over his shoulder. Nothing but two bedrolls and a coulple of rucksacks.

"Petching weird..."

The Myrian didn't panic; Moretta noticed that much. He didn't start flailing or screaming or snapping, like many males she knew would. Her commander took each hardship and problem as it came, and concerned himself only when there was need for concern. What did he know, as far as bone-hard fasts went? His apprentice was gone and so was her steed. Was that reason for concern.

Two days ago, no, it would not have been.

But two days ago, he had no idea there was a Dhani among them.

"The Viper, Karin," he said quickly, looking around the tent as if for some sign of hint as to where they'd gone, "The Dhani, have you seen here today?"

Moretta frowned and trawled her memory, sun beginning to peek over the hilltops behind her. The rest of the caravan was rising, more sluggish than usual, knowing they would make camp there for the day, but still the clamor of animals yearning to be fed was loud and insistent.

Razkar ignored them all, eyes focused on the scout.

"Erm... not... that I can recall. She vanished after last night, I haven't seen her. You don't think-"

"-I think I see Jorven's tracks."

The Drykas frowned and followed the Myrian's eyes, even as he crouched down, dark eyes crushed by his squinting brows... until she could see the same thing. The imprints of hooves, deep and fresh in the earth around their tent... leading away... to the woods. But the Drykas noticed something... odd, making a strange little sound as they both straightened back up.

"What?"

"Hmm?"

"That noise you made?"

"Well... it's probably nothing, but-"

"Nothing is nothing," Razkar growled out in a tone that set those words in stone forevermore, and nodded to her, "Not today. What do you see?"

"Well... I've seen the tracks from her horse. They're not usually that deep. Maybe... a little deeper than usual."

Razkar frowned, following her reasoning: Jorven was carrying extra weight. But considering none of their gear nor equipment was missing, that could only mean...

"... another person on its back."

"That could be it, yes, but-"

"Follow me."

Moretta stuttered and blustered but the Myrian was already walking swiftly away, head bent as his eyes jumped from hoofprint to hoofprint as they led their way steadily from the tent, away from the camp, towards the tangle of dark trees to the south. She almost had to run to keep up, words spilling out as she did.

"Wait, what are we doing?"

"Finding out where my apprentice went, and who went with her."

"She could just have gone for a ride, you know."

"I do not think so."

Moretta held her tongue and that alone was as good as a scream to the Myrian. He stopped and turned to see her conflicted face, looking her up and down...

"Speak your mind on this."

"I think you're hoping you'll find the Dhani with her. You want a reason to kill her."

"I am a Child of Myri. I do not need a reason."

"She is a passenger on the caravan-"

"She said herself she is stowaway."

"It will be... hard to explain."

"In Syliras? Yes." Razkar's eyes twinkled with some diabolical joy, at some loophole found and gleefully exploited. "But not here. Not in the Wildlands. Here, she is just one more feast for worms and jackals, lost in woods."

"If she is there."

"Yes. 'If'."

"And you want me to come with you?"

"Dhani is a master at making illusions, at controlling minds. She is dangerous. Need someone watching my back."

"And what makes you think I'll come along?"

"I can order you."

Moretta snorted, half-cocked smirk twisting her lips. "First rule of being a sellsword: never take a job you won't survive to spend the mizas it's paying you. A Myrian and a Drykas against a master of illusions... steep odds, Razkar."

He had to admit, she had a point. What stake did she have in this? The half-breed might fancy herself a replacement apprentice to Edreina, perhaps, but she was smart enough to know a difficult fight when she saw it. So he stood watching her... and then unburdened himself of his bow and quiver.

"Then you do not need to get in close." He extended his hands, loaded with re-curve bow and quiver loaded with arrows that could punch through armor and mangle flesh with equal ease. "You are archer. You are great archer, as I have seen. So, stay at distance. Watch my back..."

The words did not come slowly, as she was expecting them to. The Myrian had clearly been here before, and though she suspected he was always checking himself around the "barbarians", some line within him had been crossed by the Dhani.

That meant she was no longer a living, breathing being to him; she was a problem to be solved, and removed from his way.

"... and if I give the shout, kill her."

"Razkar, I-"

"One arrow." He pressed on, stepping closer, not a pleading but an insistence in his eyes that surprised her. "That is all I ask. If you do not kill in that arrow, run. You owe nothing else to me, do you?"

Moretta snorted softly. She didn't, after all. She was a sellsword, a mercenary, a blade for mizas and if she was like most of her peers she would already be striding away and ignoring this whole tawdry drama.

But she remembered Razkar's harsh words the day before, as rain thundered down and she was in his grip, expecting her commander to take her head for her reckless, stupid risks...

And he let her up. Wounded, diminished somewhat before her surviving horsemen... but alive.

You owe him an arrow. But nothing more.

"... one arrow, Myrian." He flexed her arm and winced at the pain in her shoulder, his own elbow only adding to the ache from those fucking Yukmen's teeth in her flesh. "I don't think I'll have more than that in me."

"Thought you could put arrows into apples from-"

"Yeah, well...!" The half-breed suddenly got loud and struggled for the words, the excuse, lips moving but not speaking, snatching the bow and quiver away. "We're sellswords. We bullshkye."

But when she pulled away, he kept his grip... and she saw deadly seriousness in his eyes.

"You are good for one arrow?"

"Yes."

"You are sure."

"Just the one."

Razkar stared and stared and she was sure it was her soul she was examining, turning it over in his mind like a curious man would an odd stone found in his path. Finally... his grip relented, and she threw the quiver over her shoulder, drawing a broad-headed arrow, perfect for ripping through flesh.

"Then we go."

They turned their eyes back to the tracks and plunged into the woods.

It did not take long for them to find what they wanted, but it was by sound, not the sight of hooves clomped into the dirt. After a few chimes the two crouching, near-silent trackers stalled as they heard a familiar whinny from maybe a hundred yards away.

Jorven. Not in pain, just... impatient, by the sound of it. Razkar peered that way, forcing as much of his heightened senses as he could into that small patch of vegetation... and see the flickering shadow of the meandering horse.

"Slow." He whispered. "We are close..."

Moretta had to agree. As they got closer, moving carefully from cover to cover, she could see the horse was freed from saddle and bridle, the rider(s) clearly having no need to the beast anymore. A clearing was before them, Jorven circling it without care or purpose, snuffling and picking at the odd flower with his flat, clacking teeth...

Then they were at the edge of it, and Moretta's jaw dropped.

Two figures, both female, one straddling the other. Both had their lips pressed together, though the smaller, scaly one was more... enthusiastic. That was the word that came to her mind. The stupid Svefra seemed almost dazed, frowning like she was in some strange dream... but that didn't stop her lips moving against the Dhani's-

-and a growl like a roused bear rolled from the crouching beast at her side like an oncoming storm.

"Well... you were right." No reaction. No response. "Razkar? Are you-"

Gladius and ax were unsheathed without a word, the Myrian not taking his eyes from the two traitorous figures. Murder, stark and bloody and without care nor control, were writ large on his face, pouring from his eyes like a tide of blood. Moretta knew better than to offer advice, she just notched an arrow and waited for-

"Keep your eyes on the Dhani." Razkar said tightly, words coming out with a choke each time, like he was forcing himself to act like something other than a base beast. "If I give the word or it looks like she is trying to force my mind, kill her."

The scout just nodded, pausing only to rub a little glob of mud over the gleaming arrow head. She'd spotted enough ambushes in her time from Syna's rays alerting all and sundry to metal among rock and trees; she had no desire to repeat the mistakes of her lessers.

Razkar got up and started to walk. The clearing was grass and dirt, moist and soft by the morning dew that still glittered like fallen stars spread over the ground. His footsteps were slow... measured... and he had to marshal every inch of himself to make them so.

Traitor.

Monster.

Enemy.

All the same.

Only a matter of time.

Never have trusted.

Never have tried.

Warned you.

Warned her.

No good.

The twig snapped and the hateful monologue stopped. Surprised faces whirled around to face him, guilt plastered over one... and something akin to amusement on the other that only raised his ire further.

Razkar took a steadying breath that only barely worked... and pointed his gladius at the Dhani from perhaps ten feet away.

"You. Do not move. Do not make images in my head. Do not look in my eyes. If you do, you will die."

His ax moved now, pointing at his apprentice, though Razkar... Goddess... he could not look at her. Feared what he would do if he did.

"Get up. Get Jorven. Go back to the camp. This... thing, is no longer welcome among us. If she returns, I will feed her heart to the camp fires."

No, his eyes were perhaps too weak to see the shame and guilt in Edreina's eyes... so they would gain strength from the sight of that fucking Dhani instead. The Myrian gazed at her with the light of Syna behind him, trickling through the canopy of trees, careful to keep a clear shot for the archer hidden behind him... and his face morphed into a grimace that would have made Yukmen seem amenable by comparison.

"Do not try, bitch. I warned you."

Razakr felt unease, even the embryo of fear, take root in his guts. He had seen Earth Demons, creatures with barely a concept of fear, shirk from this female like she was Dira herself. Goddess knew what illusions and fantasies she could conjor... but his own realization, his own growling, howling rage, the dead-but-not-gone anger vibrating in the neclace on his chest...

They anchored him. They cleared his vision even as they painted it red.

If she works her wyrd against your mind, remember: the Dhnai is alive, and she needs to die.

OOCPhew! Sorry that took a while, guys. If I went too far, lemme know. Hehe, looking forward to this!
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Radiant on September 30th, 2013, 5:29 am

Sari knew that when their noses brushed together, Edreina had accepted her offer, proven when she leaned in just moments later, finally connecting their lips together. "Mmm~" The Dhani moaned in pleasure, fully relishing herself in the kiss. The Svefra was taking the lead, seemingly more eager than herself and Karin was more than willing to let her. With each caress, gentle pull of her hair, and light squeeze of her hip, Sari trembled in delight. Nothing was going to disturb them, the little heaven they created, except for...

*SNAP!*

...one annoying petching Myrian. Karin slowly ended the kiss, her eyes still closed, then her head slowly turned to face the Myrian. A tinge of surprise, unexpecting of the Myrian's arrival, but she snuffed it out immediately. The Dhani's slitted eyes revealed themselves as she opened her eyes, the golden slits barely holding a wave of mental torture for the Myrian. That was it, she had been wrong about the warrior. He was no warrior, he was just a big tyrant trotting on a false sense of honor.

Karin didn't see anything wrong with having romantic affections with Edreina. Who was the Myrian to interfere? Did he own the redhead? No, he didn't, but he sure acted like he did. Sari had enough of his bullshyke, she assisted them in taking down the Yukmen, she saved Edri, and all around being helpful to the caravan. Never once she did threaten the Myrian, she visited them that night to explain her history, her past and what did she get from the Myrian? A death threat with his blasted sword even as his lover said she already trusted her.

Oh, he pushed her too far, she would show him that size didn't matter when one was facing an Inverted. "Edreina..." Karin whispered and rubbed the Svefra's cheeks "I'm going to teach him a lesson..." She dismounted and faced the Myrian, her ebony long hair falling in the wind.

"No." She said firmly, her slits narrowing, the Dhani's presence suddenly became very heavy even with her diminutive form, like a being with immense power taking the form of a small girl. "Enough..." Her voices echoing "What did I ever to do you? I assisted you, I approached you with compassion, I offered you to tell my passst... and what did you give me? Anger, ssscorn, death threats?" As she did that, the wall of mist around them suddenly thickened, blocking sight from inside to outside and vice versa.

"What the..." Due to the strange disturbance, Moretta couldn't see anything ahead of her, just wall of mist. Jorven neighed in worry, his blue eyes gazing at the wall, he didn't know on what to do.

"And now, what did I do now? I liked Edreina, and... she likes me back. What is it to you, sssavage? You own her? I don't think ssso..." And she suddenly leaped back, her small form disappearing within the mist.

"Sssehehehehe..."

BGM Suggestion for the scene :

Suddenly, screams of various kind assaulted the Myrian's mind, human, dhani, eypharian. Forming a sick cacophony of voices, the symphony of screams covered his hearing, making him unable to comprehend anything. Then, his eyes were suddenly blinded with darkness as if an ethereal blindfold was covering his ears.

"...." The half-Drykas was intimidated, she didn't see personally what this Karin did to the Yukmen, but somehow her gut feeling knew that the sea of mist in front of her was not natural. How could she defeat someone who toy with minds as if they were clay? She took a step back, accidentally snapping on a twig. It was a bad omen...

"!?" She heard light footsteps, barely audible. It would go unnoticed by the average men, Moretta's eyes darted around, by the sound of it, something was heading to her. She readied her bow, but then she felt a presence from behind her, she whipped around to find... the Dhani standing behind her. Karin's face smirking, but held no hostility for the mercenary.

"Hello~"

"Yo-"

"I don't know what Razkar told you about me... I have done nothing wrong. Did you know that I assisted you mercenaries in battling those Yukmen? Without me..." Karin stepped closer, Moretta found herself gulping. It was clear that even with her small form, the female Viper was not someone to be trifled with.

"All of you would have died..." Her voice washed over the sellsword with a feeling of gratefulness.

"I... I see... then why?"

"Why? For no other reassson than because I'm a Dhani... that bigot Myrian isss after my head becaussse of that, you sssee on how flawed he isss? He judged sssomeone based on their race and not their actionsss. Don't you agree with me? Don't you know that in your heart?" The Dhani was right, why did she even has to follow the lead of that Myrian? What was he to her? Moretta felt foolish for even considering to bear feelings for him.

"Yes... let'sss teach him a lessson. Unlike that savage, I'm not going to kill him, he isss not worthy of that. I bet he isss writhing in pain right now, ehehehe~" As she said that, a faint glow of blue was visible between Karin's shoulder blades, at the base of her neck.

"Yeah, you're right. You didn't do anything wrong, I heard from the men that you helped us. Razkar is just looking for a reason to kill you, that's... petched up." Moretta lowered her bow and arrow, her face relaxing, though still stern, but not to Karin, to the Myrian instead.

"Indeed, Madame..."

"Moretta, and you are Karin I presume?"

"Yesss..."

With a flick of her hand, the wall of mist disappeared, revealing the Svefra and the bewitched Myrian.

"Edreina dear, tell that big dumb head to wake up and get over his jealousss rage!" Sari smiled at the Svefra, once Edri confirmed it, Sari would release her hold on Razkar.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Razkar on September 30th, 2013, 11:22 am

In the space of a blink, Razkar's world became a screeching nightmare. He watched the Dhani get to her feet, slow and patient, unafraid of the warrior before her. His hands gripped his weapons tighter and some decision was made as her last sentence was being spoke-

-but she never gave him the chance to act.

The male winced and screwed his eyes shut as screams assaulted him, horrible and piercing even to a mind honed on battlefields. The sheer shock of them was enough for him to know his mind was being tampered and toyed with, but before he could move-

-darkness, all-encompassing, more night than night, without moon or stars, just an impenetrable pitch like his eyes had been filled with ink. And all the while, screams and screams from a dozen races that hammered and scraped at his mind and drove the male down to one knee...

There Razkar stayed... and there it grew.

Not fear; that had already taken root and confusion only fed it. Rage? The Dhani had no idea what rage was. Now that which had waited for seasons, for years, bound in his weapons and around his neck, was given sweet release as the Myrian's conscious mind was left reeling and helpless before the Dhani.

Something growled and hissed beyond the wyrd-born djed storm that buffeted his mind. Razkar's eyes snapped open as he was doubled over, though they still could not see. Red and raw flashes, imprints of images that burned on retinas rather than actual pictures, started to blossom in the darkness.

The Night Lion, snarling and defiant, rage vibrating through the claws on his neck, gaining more strength and power of its host in that moment than it had for seasons.

Elanosa... his first. Bound in the bone hilt of his gladius, her blood rage permeated his own now like a feud given sound and power, slowly suffusing the screaming darkness Karin had forced him into.

Some tiny part of Razkar's mind knew the danger of this, subsuming himself entirely over to the dark gifts the Power of Bones had given him. Power and training without control was nothing but dangerous, uncontrollable... capable of great evil.

But Razkar couldn't see anything now but the Dhani, and the Svefra, and their lips together. Couldn't think of anything but how he had given that grinning abomination something unheard of in his lifetime: a Myrian's mercy to a Dhani. He could have killed her right away... but he didn't. He showed clemency, and this was how he was rewarded.

She would never understand. Perhaps he wouldn't, either, and on other worlds her indignation would have gained some purchase, some rationality...

But that changed nothing. She did not argue her case; she forced minds to her way of thinking. She traipsed through the world manipulating and molding those around her because she could, and because it amused her.

My mind! Mine! NOT HERS!

Razkar felt a growl rattle through his bones that seemed to shake off every vestige of control, even Edreina forgotten as the trembling anger of his Malediction and fury began to crack and crumble the walls hemming in his sight and sound-

"Edreina dear, tell that big dumb head to wake up and get over his jealousss rage!"

-and with a cry of hatred that was from him, from Elanosa, and the bass roar of the dead Night Lion, the Myrian rose up and hurled his hand ax at the sound and the shimmering outline he could just about make out-

-charging after it with his humming, triumphant gladius already cocked back to thrust and slash-

-victorious, red-tinged laughter that was not his overwhelming the darkness Karin had crafted for him, gnosis exploding and speeding his feet and muscles, carrying him the distance between them in a twinkling-

"Die!"
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Edreina on October 1st, 2013, 4:49 am

OOCI've literally been sitting here all day, thinking "Well shyke... Reina's gonna get stabbed... again."
"Get up. Get Jorven. Go back to the camp. This... thing, is no longer welcome among us. If she returns, I will feed her heart to the camp fires."

The voice sounded... so far away... The Svefra was still on the tail end of the Dhani's fractured hypnosis, and the sudden lack of that guiding emotion left her dazed. There was an obvious glaze across her blue eyes, dulling their vigor and sapping their strength.

"Edreina... I'm going to teach him a lesson..."

Something flickered in Edreina as she slowly turned her eyes toward the source of the original voice. Razkar. Despite that realization, the weight of Sari's words was but a feather to her. She ever so faintly wondered if Sari was going to teach him as she had been teaching her.

Slowly, ever so slowly, the mist on her mind thinned even as that surrounding her and Razkar grew until she could not see past it. But, what she did see sent a thrill of horror racing through her veins. In the dim light, she could make out Razkar's form, taut and trembling as he fought... something. Immediately, her mind went to the bones in his hands and at his throat. They held so much raw power, could it be taking him over now?

This mist dispersed abruptly, causing Edreina's blue eyes to water briefly at the assault of Synashine. Despite that, her eyes did not blink, rooted as they were upon her lover. His face was contorted with emotions Edreina was too innocent to name, as they had never crossed her face nor entered her thoughts. The could not have been his; her lover may be dark, but he was not... Something must have been influencing him-

Someone.

It clicked into place. Sari... Sari was building upon the anger that already existed within Razkar as she had built upon the lust and curiosity in Edreina. She wanted him to fight her. But why? Why would she want the rage of a Myrian directed solely at her? The chilling answer sent a shiver racing across Edreina's skin and adrenaline pumping through her veins.

She thought she could win.

After seeing him fight countless Yukmen, she thought she could win.

As Sari built on Razkar's anger, making him attack her, she was also trying to build upon the sympathy held by Edreina for the Dhani. But, little did the Dhani know, nearly all of that sympathy was shattered and dissolved when she started to manipulate the mind of the Svefra's lover, putting the one thing she cared about on land in danger.

As a roar of rage left the Myrian's throat, Edreina felt herself still. No! She could not even bring her lips to part before the words, struck with a fear that made everything seem to happen so fast. Before she could stop herself, she had run out in front of Razkar, throwing her body in between he and Sari.

At first, one would think that the Svefra was trying to protect the little Dhani. In reality? She stood facing the trickster with her blue eyes set in a glare sharper than most had seen from the woman. Her lover had been placed at her back and desperately she hoped that Razkar would stop upon seeing her in the way again, upon seeing the knotted, pale scar that still adorned her shoulder back and front.

If he stopped, it would be Sari that she addressed first. The little fire in her chest that always managed to appear when she needed it had been kindled by her adrenaline, by her fear and her anger... even her pity. Instead of shying away from its power, as she normally did, Edreina reached into it, letting it's warmth spread through her chest, into her lungs. There was a tingling feeling she had never noticed before, a scintillating sensation akin to Syna's rays as they bounced off of Laviku's waves. Slowly, it crept up her throat, dancing and sparking across her vocal cords before alighting upon the tip of her tongue, waiting to be addressed by a whim. But, instead, it was driven forth by passion. More than anything in that moment, Edreina felt pity for the Dhani. Did she see Edreina's love for Razkar to be a threat to their friendship? Was she so starved for attention that the first time someone showed her any kindness, she decided that all of that person's affections must be lavished upon her alone? Did she not see how wrong it was?

Finally, the Djed on her tongue found purpose, sparking to life and trickling into her words; all Edreina wanted was for Sari to understand... The hypnotist would likely recognize the anemic whisper as it skittered across her mind. But, would she be proud of her student's proficiency or hate her for the words that came with it? "You need to stop. Messing with my mind is one thing; I asked for you to teach me. But, this toying you're doing with Razkar is not right! He was upset with you, yes, but if you had given us the chance to explain, it might have been alright. But no... You jumped straight to antagonizing him." Even the Svefra had never heard such steel in her own voice; trembling, terrified, angry, adrenaline-hyped steel, but there nonetheless. "Your illusions are a wall you hide behind and use to get your way. The fact of the matter is, it cannot always be so. If your manipulation ends with Razkar being hurt, I will hate you. With everything in my soul, I will hate you. Sure, you can play with my emotions, get me to feel what you want me to, but is that truly satisfying? Would you not love to feel the joy of having someone truly be your friend of their own volition? Would you not get more pleasure of having someone love you as passionately as you desire simply because they want to? And yet... You still stand behind your manipulations, using them like a veil. Your tutelage was nothing more than a chance for you to use me to make yourself feel something..." Her blue eyes fell for a tick, dancing depths wavering for a moment as she sought the proper words. Even if Edreina had no romantic feelings for the Dhani, no woman liked to be used. "Sari... I trusted you. I gave you permission to teach me as you saw fit. But you... you took advantage of that in such a way that... Sari, I don't think I trust you anymore."

Unable to face the emotions playing across the Dhani's face, the redhead then turned to her lover. "Razkar..." and then, for Moretta's benefit, "Master, I'm sorry... I should have listened to you." An aching quality entered her voice. "I was wrong to trust her so quickly..." Why did it feel as if the small woman was suddenly a weight at the back of her mind? This lesson... it had been more than about magic. In a single instant, she had been forced to see the folly of being quick to trust another. "If you want her to leave the caravan, I leave that judgement to you. I will not seek her out, in any case. She saved my life and..." Was this just a means to excuse her own behavior? "I owed her a single chance... But she used that chance against me. I-... I know now that she cannot be trusted. But... But Razkar, you must let her leave with her life. Let her live to learn that what she did was wrong!" Despite the pleading in her voice, no Djed laced it for the lover knew of the Myrian's aversion and dared not to risk his wrath. In truth, seeing Sari killed for something so simple would scar Edreina; dammit all she believed the Dhani deserved a second chance, just far away from them.

If Razkar did not stop, however, none of that would happen. Edreina would just have to hope that she survived the encounter.

Throwing herself in front of a raging Myrian... What a way to go.
Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Radiant on October 2nd, 2013, 4:55 am

*WOOSH!*

A thrown axe, but it was sloppy and inaccurate, obviously because the Myrian was throwing it blindly. Karin swiveled her body and the axe flew past her, planting itself deeply into a tree. Then the Myrian charged like a raging blind man, step unsteady. Karin just scoffed, a raging brute was but a mere toy for an Inverted. She also noticed the subtle limp on his right leg, maybe an old injury that hasn't healed completely yet. Good, it would serve her well.

The Dhani held out her right hand and the blinding sensation in Razkar's eyes turned to flames, it was like both of his eyeballs were cooked by a raging fire. The burn grew hotter and hotter, and hotter with every tick, possibly damaging Razkar's pain nerves permanently if it kept up.
"Come on! Come on! You ungrateful beast!" She shouted, building upon his anger to make him even more reckless than he really was.

"See, Madame Moretta? He's just an animal, not a warrior. Prepare..." At Sari's command, Moretta raised her bow and notched an arrow. The Myrian's straight path, limp, blindness allowed the Half-Drykas to launch an arrow to his left Shin. She would continue releasing them to his legs until he stopped.

Then Edri intervened, Karin felt happy at first, she was protecting her. But her smile slowly disappeared as Edreina berated her. Did she just used Hypnotism against her? Karin felt proud, she truly did. The Svefra had talents, but... the woman was scolding her. Karin frowned, it was like a little girl scolding an old woman. Karin was old enough to be the girl's great-grandmother.

She had much more experience than the girl, she already knew about everything the Svefra said, and it was not a bad thing. It was Ionu's way, emotions and feelings are but a clay to be mold. Karin was actually teaching the Svefra to do it, but it seemed... she wasn't ready of it yet. She clung to the Myrian, even though the situation deemed it clear he was a no-good savage. Edreina was a foolish, foolish little girl, she didn't know anything. Razkar was right, she was still blind to the world.

Karin made a light chuckle, so she would hate her? Hate her for assisting them, telling them her history to clear things up, teaching Edri her magic, and now, for defending herself against a raging Myrian, a Myrian who approached them with weapons? What kind of an idiot would not react at that? Karin had enough, she was not someone one could just threaten at blade's point and getting away with it.

She didn't care about Edreina's feelings anymore, devoting herself to one person was not the way of the Trickster. Edreina may have magical talents, but she was no manipulator and Karin deducted the woman would not be interested anyway, not with the Myrian still beating his heart. Karin was not like her kin who tortured for fun, she always had some kind of goal, and now it was clear to her that goal would not succeed.

"Edreina..." Karin looked down, her slitted eyes boring deep into the Svefra straight to her soul. "You cling to emotions and attachments... I don't owe you an explanation to my ways. You accepted my offer and with that, you allow me to teach you as I please. And it's clear to me now that you are still close-minded... such a little girl." The Dhani shook her head, keeping her hold on the writhing Myrian.

"Karin, do you think he's still dangerous?" Moretta inquired, still keeping her aim on the bewitched Myrian.

"No, leave him be... I'm sure I'm more disgusted by him than he's disgusted of my kind now." Karin spat, literally "It's no wonder that your kind has as much as a bad reputation as mine, Razkar. You are nothing but a brute, fooling yourself."

Karin walked to her cloak and picked it up, she turned her back to Edreina as she spoke "You don't trust me? Fine. I still can't fathom on how you can trust an animal more than me... it showed on how unwise and foolish you are, little girl." The Viper then focused all of her powers to send an enormous amount of pain to the Myrian, aiming to knock him out.

"Carry your 'lover' back... I will not kill him, not even after he threatened me with my life twice. I'm not a savage... ssso, this isss good-bye." The Dhani then sprinted away from the location. Leaving the Svefra, Myrian, and Half-Drykas alone.

Far away from their location, Karin stopped her jog and sat down, her back leaning against a tree. "...." She felt strange, like that regretful feeling a mother got after scolding their daughter. "Heh..." She put up a hand to her right eye and felt a tear coming.

"Ssso... how isss it?"

"...Oh... not good." The Dhani looked to the side, her slitted eyes facing a cobra who seemed to be talking to her in snake-tongue.

"Heh... I sssaw, Sssari, the Myrian disssturbed everything eh? You ssshould have covered your tracksss better..."

"I know, Brother Mesha... *Sigh*" The Viper in human form exhaled in disappointment. If only Razkar didn't intervene...

"That'sss fine, ressst assured the Trickster will alwaysss have sssomething~" The cobra slithered to Karin and climbed to her body, until he was wrapping around her shoulder "Now, let'sss go, you don't have anything to do with that woman anymore, ssss~ though I wonder, Sssari, you did a great job with that harlot, why isss that I sssensed you actually bear feelingsss for that woman?"

"Hmph, I don't."

"Don't lie to me~"

"Okay, maybe jussst a little..."

"Heh, thought so. Remember, sssister, attachment is not the trickster'sss way..."

Karin just nodded and stood up, then she continued on her way, with the snake resting around her shoulder.

"Who knowsss, maybe we'll find sssomething interesssting in Zeltiva..."

"Indeed."

With that, the two Inverteds left the scene.

OOCAlright! Post your last replies and I'll give you your grades! This particular plot is now finished! :D
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Razkar on October 3rd, 2013, 3:01 am

The storm continued to buffet Razkar's senses, and then with a shock of betrayal, he realized it was not all the mere illusions of the Dhani. A bolt of pain ripped through his shin and Razkar's furious charge was stymied with a single arrow, sending him back down to one knee.

The Drykas... she got to her...

He gritted his teeth and flames burned from within, blinding him, stoking that primal terror of fire that all walking beings seemed to possess... but... they did not. Burn? That was physical, the searing of flesh, the charring of skin...

And Razkar knew that was not the case. Rage-filled and gutted though he was, some core of sanity remained, told him that gifted in deception as Karin was, she was not a godling, nor omnipotent.

Just tricks. Nothing but tricks. And once you know they are tricks, they lose their power.

The Myrian rose. Slowly, painfully, but inexorably, like Syna herself at dawn... and when he stood, the flames remained, but they were viewed with mere contempt. He blinked and could have laughed at what as before him.

Edreina. Planting herself between her lover and the usurper who sought to replace him in her affections. Words were exchanged, unbending and resilient from the Svefra, scornful and mocking from the Dhani... but Razkar knew the trickster had saved him. Without her tricks and continued mental battery, his rage would have carried him on without heed-

-through Edreina-

-blade first.

Instead he panted and with his leg disabled, he just... watched. Eyes wide and with tendrils of orange flame still licking at the corners of his eyes, heard the Dhani destroy all her evil works. Still the teeth and bone at his neck and hands strained and roared to be released; not so easily swayed were dead things suddenly given form. Greedy for the waking world again they snarled and-

-Razkar ripped the necklace from his neck and the Night Lion's remains went clattering lightly into the grass. His hand snapped open-

-Elanosa fell away from him... and with her, that dark and consuming rage...

What passed before his eyes was far more worthy; she stood between him and one who bent thoughts and corrupted purpose. Razkar listened through layers of wool packed around his head, distant but... clear. Or mayhap it was the surprise that one so barbarian from his own blood would defend him so...

Why be surprised, male? She has come this far for you.

"You don't trust me? Fine. I still can't fathom on how you can trust an animal more than me... it showed on how unwise and foolish you are, little girl."

Another blast of djed washed over him, the suggestion of pain and terror that would have driven him into black oblivion-

-if the mystery and shock of the scaly enigma had not been revealed to him. He winced and gritted his teeth so hard his molars ground like stone tablets... but the grimace turned into a savage sneer made of sharpened teeth and scornful knowledge.

Not real pain. Just the idea of it. The thought of it. The fear. And I do not fear you anymore, snake.

Then she was gone. Like the sprite she was, the djinn and shade that toyed with those she saw as lessers, the cloaked figure sprinted from his vision, so fast it was almost like a dream.

Silence. Deep and stretched out to ticks and chimes and seasons, it seemed... until she turned to him. Razkar raised his weak, turgid eyes to hers... and he was not afraid to now.

"You stood for me..." he mumbled as the scarlet trickling from his wound forced him to his knees, arrow shaft wobbling in the back of his leg. "... you... risked much..."

The dazed warrior shook his head and blinked and breathed and with those simple movements, he felt reality click back into place around him. The flames, the pain, the blindness and the fear... they weren't real. Just phantoms and funhouse mirrors.

She was real.

As he fell she caught him, and part of him realized that she would. His chest heaved and bobbed and it was only after she saw the smile that Edreina realized he was chuckling. There was a tumult of shouting and cursing, feet moving swiftly out of cover and into the grass as Moretta came back to her senses, corrupted mind freed from the cursed Dhani and realized she'd just shot her commander!

Oh, she would never hear the end of this.

"She failed..."

His words were mumbled, almost delirious... but then he hand drifted up to stroke her hot, smooth cheek. An anchor for him now, and whatever feelings of betrayal that had rose like an inferno within her now shrunk to embers best forgotten and ignored.

"She tried to... make you do... what you would not... but she failed."

"Petching shyke!" Moretta skidded to the ground next to them, eyes fixed with horrified guilt on the arrow. "Gods and devils... Svefra? Hold him... now-"

Razkar's scream drowned the crack of the shaft and the hideous sucking wrench as the arrow was jerked from his shin. He knew well the wound, though: a wash with clean water, some gauze and a bandage, from his-

"Kit! Where's the kit?!" Moretta answered her own question and ripped Razkar's healer's kit open, beginning the dress the wound. "Is he... oh..."

No, he wasn't, as it turned out. He was too busy losing himself in Edreina's lips, affirmation and thanks sharp on his lips as he did so. For long moments he reveled in it: the strangest victory he had ever won... or been won for him, as it were.

"You made victory," he mumbled, knowing she would only make out perhaps two-thirds of his words, "Not me. You... were brave... for me..."

She spoke and Moretta fretted, nervous hands moving faster even with her trembling. But a chime later - and the application of that damned sterilizing ointment Razkar would have sworn was made from frozen acid - the two females heaved the tall savage back to his feet... and he reclaimed his bow from one too afraid to look at his eyes.

"Moretta...?"

She didn't want to look up. Shyke, what would he do? What would he-"

"It is OK."

Her eyes snapped upward and now she was unconvinced that fucking snake-scum hadn't left her mind completely unmarred. But... it looked real, his expression. Not soft, such a face he jealously guarded only for his... "apprentice".

But it was not soaked with the hateful disappointment she was expecting. As Razkar rose he rested a hand on her shoulder, still as a statue from surprise.

"She was in our minds. Her kind always try to control what we think. They are too weak to do other." He breathed and the air was sweet and clean now, bereft of the odor of the Inverted. "Time to leave, I think... hunt is over."

He limped, and they helped. The Myrian pondered as they made their way back to the camp through the knotted trees, Syna higher and lighting their way through gaps in the sparser limbs, leaves falling like sad confetti. She had tried to change his mind of the Dhani. She failed. She had tried to turn Edreina against him. She had failed. All she had done, was flee.

Razkar grinned, and some semblance of himself returned as the unmistakable smell of campfire meat and waking humanity assailed his ears. His lips moved to the Svefra's ears and the scent of her hair was worth all of Karin's shallow illusions.

"Am proud..."
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Edreina on October 4th, 2013, 5:42 am

"Edreina... You cling to emotions and attachments... I don't owe you an explanation to my ways. You accepted my offer and with that, you allow me to teach you as I please. And it's clear to me now that you are still close-minded... such a little girl."

If there was anything that Edreina hated it was being called "child", "girl", "youngling" or anything else of that sort. It made her feel as if she was still one of the younger members of her pod, being teased and tormented by those only slightly older. Part of it stemmed from the fact that she was a touch short for her race, and part is what also led to her desire to see the world. No one would be able to call her a foolish child when she had seen more of the world than what lay at the edges of the Suvan.

It took everything in her power to keep from lashing back at the Dhani with her own tongue. That, she forced herself to realize, would only leave to more conflict. She just wanted this to be over. Yet, she was so tired of being told to marshal her emotions; what besides emotion separated them from the beasts and stones of the earth? And what did this particular Hypnotist know about releasing hold on one emotions, she certainly had not been able to do so. The redhead had watched as hurt and anger fought for control the moment Sari realized that she was defending her raging lover and not the tiny Dhani.

"You don't trust me? Fine. I still can't fathom on how you can trust an animal more than me... it showed on how unwise and foolish you are, little girl... Carry your 'lover' back... I will not kill him, not even after he threatened me with my life twice. I'm not a savage... ssso, this isss good-bye."

HE DIDN'T MANIPULATE MY MIND TO MAKE ME FALL IN LOVE! Edreina screamed mentally a second before her mouth fell open with a faint pop as Sari cracked their ruse without even a second's thought. Did she even fathom what that could do to them? A furtive glance was shot at the halfbreed, though it appeared as if she was lost in a stupor. That was a good thing? Hopefully?

In any case, the tiny woman had disappeared from the clearing before she could get a word in edgewise. Which was, most likely, a good thing. Edreina had a habit of petching things up when her emotions got the better of her. Releasing a long pent-up breath, the Svefra turned to her master, smiling weakly and apologetically at him in case he did not approve of her methods; there had been far less blood than he preferred, no doubt.

It was then that Edreina noticed the arrow protruding from his leg; there had been blood after all.

Eyes wide, she bounded forward and caught Razkar just as he started to topple over. As always, he was heavier than she expected, and so she grunted quietly as his weight fell into her arms. Ever so gently, she helped him to lay back on the grass, impaled leg out before him. "Be still, Raz."

He only chuckled, perhaps at her and perhaps at something in his pain-wasted mind. Either way, she turned just as the Drykas- Oh, that was where the petching arrow came from! Stupid-!!! Edreina fought the urge to growl and hover over him as the woman approached. Would, most likely, not be accepted positively. And besides, Edreina sniffed mentally, let her fix the damage she wrought. Never even once did her mind stray to the thought that she was barely able to bandage a cut let alone treat an arrow wound.

Something about his words brought a smile to the Svefra's lips. How could she tell him that no amount of hypnotism would be able to steal her love for him? There were not words, especially around the pesky Drykas. Holding his hand against her cheek, Edreina leaned all of her weight onto his other wrist just as Moretta removed the miniature harpoon from her lover's flesh. Something about a sound of pain coming from the lips of one you love only made it worse. The tenderhearted redhead felt tears touch her own eyes and leaned into Razkar's hand, using her hair to obscure the lapse in control.

This was, after all, her fault. A damned naive fool, she was. But, this had taught her a valuable lesson.

"Sssssh, be still, Razkar. You'll be-" Before she could finish, his hand moved from her cheek to her hair and made her meet him halfway. It was as if he had seen her self-doubt and known the easiest way to erase if from her thoughts. With traces of Djed still left on her tongue, Edreina unconsciously sent a drizzle of her relief across the plain of her lover's mind. To him, it was unlikely that he felt anything more keenly in tune with the emotions of his lover. When the kiss ended and Edreina realized what she had been doing, she fought the urge to balk, settling instead for a guilty blush as she waited to see if he had noticed her slip up.

It took the better part of a tick for Edreina to realize that he was not growling in pain, but speaking. Her brows furrowed and her still-moist lips pursed as she attempted to discern his meaning. "-victory...me...you...brave-" Or was it strong? the words sounded so alike in his growling tongue. "-...me." Shaking her head, Edreina growled back a single word, "Together..." Hopefully, it fit what he said well enough.

As Moretta labored over her own handiwork - never had she had to fix a wound left by one of her arrows, then again, most were not lucky enough to live through it - Edreina helped where she could, dripping the antiseptic over his new soon-to-be scar while Moretta dabbed at it. Blue eyes watched the dark-haired woman's weathered hands carefully as she applied the bandage, making sure to note how thick she made the bindings and how tight as well. Knowing their luck, she would have to help Razkar patch himself up many times yet.

"Up you get," she groaned, as if that would help them heave the Myrian to his feet. Once he was up, she excused herself and ran over to retrieve her tack and a slightly more-than-anxious looking Joren. He was glad to see the odd little two-legs gone, she had set his fur on end. She hastily laid his tack across his back, buckling it loosely before hauling him over at a lithe trot as she ran to return to Razkar's side. "You can ride him, if you wish," she said quietly despite the fact she knew he would never agree to it, Myrian egoism and masculinity being as potent as they were.

When finally they returned to camp, they were met with a multitude of questioning eyes. Under the smothering chill Moretta's icy glare, people abruptly remembered all that they had to do.

"I'm sorry, I have duties to attend to." Without another word, Moretta left, eyes tight around the corners which Edreina took as a signal of some sort of internal conflict... but over what? Shrugging, Edreina then had to bear the full brunt of her lover's weight as she assisted him to the tent. He was left alone only for a moment as Edreina freed Jorven once again. The instant that was done, Edreina decided that she would risk their ruse for a few moments spent sitting close to a prone Razkar, gentle hands on his arm in a way that could never be mistaken for anything other than adoration, as she attempted to convince him to spend the day resting.

Ha. Razkar resting. With their luck, the moment he did that, Edreina would get whisked away by some flying... chipmunk!

Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Radiant on October 4th, 2013, 7:35 am

Edreina :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +3 XP
Socialization +3 XP
Leadership +1 XP
Seduction +2 XP
Hypnotism +2 XP
Riding: Horse +1 XP
Persuasion +2 XP
Intimidation +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Surprise Wake-Up Call
Accepting A Magic Lesson
Hypnotism Is A Suggestion, Illusionism Is An Order
Hypnotized Into Passionately Kissing Karin
Razkar's Blind Rage
Razkar vs Karin: Stepping In
First Attempt At Hypnotism
Karin: You Are A Foolish Little Girl
Razkar: Unwavering Love

Loots

Razkar :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Teaching +1 XP
Tracking +1 XP
Stealth +1 XP
Leadership +2 XP
Intimidation +2 XP
Running +1 XP
Endurance +2 XP
Socialization +1 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Edreina's Disappearance
Moretta: Sellswords Like To Bullshyke
Karin: Master of Illusions
Traitor, Monster, Enemy, All The Same
Moretta: Bewitched To Betrayal
Mind-Tortured By A Dhani
Foiling Karin's Plans
Edreina: Unwavering Love

Consequences
+1 Arrow stab wound on left shin that will gradually heal over 30 days (Healable instantly by a Mark 2 Healer)
Mind Cloud: Due to being battered repeatedly with harmful illusions and mental attacks from an Inverted. Razkar would find it hard to concentrate due to sudden headaches that would spring during moments of tension. This affliction would go away after a session of hypnotic therapy by a competent Hypnotist (or above).

Notes :
Good thread guys! I hope thing brings lots of character development for both of you. :D

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous