[Taylani's Scrapbook] Taylani's randomness

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Taylani on November 3rd, 2013, 5:21 am

I am averaging two solo's completed a day. Each solo has 2-3 posts of 700-1000 word lengths. This is on top of my various threads I got going on (which btw don't be shy to ask, I much prefer writing threads with people then solo's. Solo's are just there to kill time waiting on replies).

However I have been feeling really super guilty about spamming the grading/request thread in Endryaks. I mean before Nano I was every other poster on it..now with Nano, ..the last 4 posts are my solo's. I was like man I can't do this to the graders..however boom. I had forgotten, I don't have to put things up for grades. So solo's that aren't going to necessarily net me much skill points, but will flesh out Taylani's thoughts and feelings wont be put up in the graded area. Yay! No more guilt over spamming the thread.

Now tomorrow is Sunday, this will give people time to catch up because I go to church on Sundays. So won't be able to post much tomorrow.
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Taylani on November 4th, 2013, 3:05 am

Things slowed down today, hopefully word count will pick back up tomorrow, or when some of the Hunting threads get started. Hard to do nothing but solo, but being as how most of my most active partners tend to post on weekdays, that is what is going to fill the weekends.

I am loving journaling for Taylani, as it allows me to really show just how her mind set changes over the season. I think I will work on a few more posts for that. Its the journals that made me realize that all my threads are bunched up around the 10-20 and 77-99 of fall. There are oodles of days in between those two sets of numbers that nothing has happened. I am going to try and fill those if I can find the RP partners.
Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Taylani on November 4th, 2013, 8:25 pm

I have to say that Nanowrimo has brought out my competitive nature. I know that I have only a couple active posters (when I say active I mean more then one post every two or three days) compared to some participants but that doesn't stop me from throwing out solo's upon Solo's. I am thoroughly enjoying the competition between Livira and myself, and we even have a side challenge amongst us to hit 40,000 by Saturday. Considering it only took us 4 days to hit almost 20,000 I am sure that in 7 days we can hit another 20,000 if not more.

However I am concerned that I am going to annoy the graders so you Endrykas people, start finishing up threads so there aren't too many "Taylani, Taylani, Taylani, Taylani" posts on those grading threads. Granted they are not super long threads, I did keep them to only 3-4 nice posts but still it can';t be fun to read the same style of writing that many times in a row. I might pm the graders and/or Prae to let them know I don't mind if they skip around to avoid having to grade so many of my things in a row.

I have also started a journal for Taylani, and oh my I am loving that. I wasn't originally going to do so because I thought it would just be rehashing old RP's but to be able to write in first person I found a freedom to really explore the mind of Taylani as she goes from her transition of completely and horribly hating Fallan, to despising herself, to finally accepting her new life (though even the acceptance isnt really healthy as now she is completely ignoring all that made her HER. but htat is for seasons to come to work out heehehee).
Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Cliche's and character creation.

Postby Quint Caravel on November 6th, 2013, 1:47 am

Taylani wrote:
What am I talking about? Cliché characters, cliché plots, and cliché settings.

Ugh! Cliché Cliché Cliché. The warrior that is all brawn and no brain. The reticent swordsman that is short on words but long on puns. The broken, dispirited slave (that is broken and dispirited due to being enslaved.

I totally agree. There's nothing worse than writing with a cardboard character.
Quint Caravel
Currently dreaming about you!

Words: 151579
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2013, 5:46 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Taylani on November 6th, 2013, 5:47 am

Thanks Quint :)

Ok so I am doing the nano challenge..and I have been doing it largely due to solo's. I have done so many dancing solo's, jewelcrafting solo's, foraging solo's that I am branching out. I did a cooking solo earlier (I actually liked that one) and ...I just stooped to doing a laundry solo. I am officially procrastinating doing my own laundry by writing about a character...doing laundry. Thats a new low. lol
Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Katherine Morealis on November 6th, 2013, 11:42 am

Taylani wrote:I am officially procrastinating doing my own laundry by writing about a character...doing laundry.

This. Win.

And on another note, I'm so sorry I can't reply with your pace. It's enrollment period right now, and next week uni officially starts again. I just hope I'm not boring you with my posts as Kat. :)
Katherine Morealis
Definitely prettier than you

Words: 64010
Joined roleplay: May 23rd, 2013, 10:36 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Taylani on November 6th, 2013, 1:05 pm

Ha! Nope not bored and no worries about replying at my pace. I am .... a bit of a hyper poster :D
Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Azira on November 6th, 2013, 1:11 pm

Taylani wrote:I did a cooking solo earlier (I actually liked that one)...

It is actually amazingly easy to write solos related to cooking. I'm doing a flashback on Azira learning to do stuff in the kitchen. I might actually to get her to cook soon but I wrote 700 words on cutting onions and another 700 just there on washing hands and more vegetable preparation. The grader will probably fall asleep but...words!

How is your NaNo writing going for today?
4 out of 5 active threads

Azira
Prodigal Daughter

Words: 907811
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2013, 3:43 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Taylani on November 6th, 2013, 2:00 pm

I logged in and had 3 posties yay! I am catching up on over night posties and then I am going to finish up the laundry solo I started last night. I also did a short dream solo for Taylani, which manifests her fears about Fallan which I enjoyed exploring. Since Dreams are really just manifestation of one's inner conscious thoughts its amusing to think of how these fears and even hopes can be shown in dreams.
Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Taylani on November 6th, 2013, 6:00 pm

Extremely sleepy today, don't know why but when I sit down to try and write a post. Solo or response to one of my very few threads (my word count looks as if I have billions of threads but I just have around 3 or 4, most of those get posties once ever two days..and two of those got finished today lol) but its really mostly solo's that I throw out.

Prickly because of being so danggum tired. Hating this competitive streak in me that is really making it hard for me to just say "Ok enough solo's, you don't have to be first in word count". Particularly since I am now limiting myself to only Adult-Taylani solo's and running out of reasonable things Taylani would be learning in Endrykas. So deciding to do a series of Dream solo's.

I wish I could find some inspiration on doing some jewel crafting solo's but I have ran the gambit of my limited knowledge of that craft..and surprisingly I can['t find any decent information on jewel crafting other then a few cheap campy websites that show how to make rings out of yarn and other amateur hour stuff that would be cute for an 11 year old perhaps to craft. I gotta go see if I can find another wording that I haven't tried in my search. Tired. Prickly, and my dang fingers hurt lol and still can't bring myself to admit defeat! :D
Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext