Completed Together We Stand

[Season Event Finale] Now and forever, Ricky and Telion are about to make their vows. The two will promise much together, as they pray to Cheva for a joyous union between them.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Together We Stand

Postby Ricky Maze on August 24th, 2013, 2:37 pm

Together We Stand
Summer 75th, 513 AV; 18th Bell

Today was the day. As the city enjoyed the Cheva Festival and bustled with harmonious excitement, Ricky made his way down to the shoreline where Telion waited for him. She and Hannah had taken Fenvur and urged for him to hurry, after what felt like a short but exciting post as an honorable Wave Guard to the city. He kept on the uniform as described to look the part in their ceremony, of course now he was just a simple man about to undergo his vow to Cheva. Both he and Telion waited for a day like this, a day which the both would embark upon a journey together. A journey through union of two souls. As he made his way over to the Docks he couldn't help but smile as he felt proud, not just proud but complete really. All the time he spent with Telion he never imagined this to happen between them, now he couldn't have ever wanted anything more than to be forever tied to the woman he loved.

He was between East and West Street now, his eagerness halted as something came to his attention. Amidst all this excitement and enthusiastic feel to the day he had been thinking about his vows, the words that he would choose to express his devotion to her. The oath he would make to only remain as her's now and forever. Yet now it seemed these words have parted, and his mind drew a great wide spacious blank as to what he had planned to say. "Damn..." Shock filled his expression as he came to a stop, his mind filed through the memory for today but found nothing. Only the fun festivities of the day were what remained clear. "Aw no, no, no, no! Shyke!" He swore to the sky in aggravation, he looked to the sun as it ever slowly descended, and nervously ran his fingers through his short hair as he sighed from deep breathes. Ricky would stand in the midst of the street for a chime or two, then out of fustration walk over near the wall of a building to perch on his feet and think hard.

"What was I plannin' t' say dammit?" He quirked almost infuriated at his terrible memory, sure enough he knew what he wanted to say and had it all planned, however just as usual his plans always go askew from their original intent. This wasn't something he could just handle naturally either, no this was a special and once in a lifetime occurance he had to plan and prepare for. Yet now of all times the words slipped from his mind, and he could focus on the fact that he was about to married to Telion. "Son o' a whore." He pounded a fist in his other hand, flustered at the failure of recollection. He closed his eyes and focused on deep breathes, and occupied his thoughts only on the moment when the two would make their vows. He created a mental scene that played out in his head, of Telion and him together. Face to face as the sun slowly fell above the sea, until it nearly merged with the horizon in a sherbert blaze. Her beautiful face smiled to him as he would speak, yet he still found the words dull and hollowed out. "C'mon Ricky, ye know the words. Ye know they're there." He urged himself to remember, eyes still closed as he focused on imagining the speech.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on September 26th, 2013, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Together We Stand

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 28th, 2013, 5:33 am

Common Vani Nari

How to dress, what to wear, brush your hair, make sure to shave, wash your clothes, put on a smile, should he bring a gift, should he go early, make sure to congratulate them, don't barge into their conversations, should he keep his distance from the couple and let them have their moment, make sure to shake hands with your right hand, walk like a normal person, not like a maniac, is his clothes too raggedy and bedraggled, should he buy new clothes, why didn't he have any money so he could buy new clothes, meet and talk with the other participants in the wedding, don't talk too much, don't space out and daydream like a freak, and most of all, don't talk about your wedding.

" Damn, that's a big list." Gale ran his hand through his hair as he mumbled to himself. That was a lot of do's and don'ts. How can being a friend of the person getting married be so stressful? He wasn't even the one getting married! He didn't remember his wedding this stressful. But then again, he didn't remember much before hand because apparently he passed out. Gale didn't remember that either, but details weren't important. All that mattered was that he didn't look like a fool and embarrass his friend on his special day.

Note to self: Don't screw it up.

The artist took a deep breath as he walked with the man of the bell. He seemed stressed out about something. Planning to say? He forgot what he was going to say? Well, he's still doing better than him at his wedding. "As long as he doesn't pass out he would be doing better." Seriously, how many people pass out at a wedding? He still didn't believe it. Lucky there weren't many people there to see it. How disastrous.

"What was the thing you were thinking about before you were doing your vows? Sometimes that helps me when I cannot remember. Remembering what I was thinking beforehand." The blonde man shrugged in his old green shirt. At least it was clean.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Together We Stand

Postby Ricky Maze on September 1st, 2013, 2:38 am

Gale's words pulled Ricky back into reality as he looked up at the artist, his expression blank as though he were nearly clueless to the point of the suggestion. He really was astounded that today was the day of the ceremony, enough to where his mind continued to draw a blank until he looked back at previous topics his mind tossed around. "What I was thinkin' b'forehand..." He pondered on it for almost a couple of chimes worth of time, until at last he recalled what it was that ran across his mind. "Ah! I remember now! I simply thought I'm 'bout t' be married." That's when it hit him. The astounding shock and disbelief that the day had finally come, one of the biggest things he looked forward to had finally arrived, and he was about to see it become a reality. "I'm..." His expression bewildered as the feeling settled in, he was overwhelmed with awe as he looked from the ground to Gale with with a dropped jaw. "Holy barnacle shyke, Gale I'm gettin' married!" There was excitement and then there was panic, the feeling of a knotted stomach filled his insides as his nerves started to get the better of him.

"Yes, yes you are." Burt walked around the corner with a proud smile to his son, a friendly nod to Gale after he shot a glance to the artist. "The ladies went to go get a proper dress f'r the occasion, I told them I'd send ya t' the Fountain of Cascadin' Harmony. We'll make this a proper ceremony f'r you son." He chuckled with a wide smile as he held a hand down for Ricky, the guard only shook his head as he took quick deep breaths. "Just relax and breathe son, we'll see you soon." He finished with a smirk and one final look to Gale. "Take care o' the big boy would ya? Hate to see 'em crash b'fore the ceremony." He gave a laugh and went on to the direction of the fountain, and left the two to go back to Ricky's place of course. Ricky of course still remained seated with deep breath intakes, still struggling to deal with the immensity of the day.

"Gods. I'm 'bout t' be married!" He nearly shouted it out now, clearly overwhelmed with the emotion as he sat there. He had practically forgotten that he forgot his vows now, all due to the fact he remained shock that today was the day.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Together We Stand

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 27th, 2013, 2:48 pm

Common Vani Nari

Ricky gave him a blank stare. One of those expressions that children usually have when you explain something to them that they don't understand. Was he really not making any sense right now? Was he too, freaking out? Like, his words formed in his head perfectly but just came out in a jumbled mess. What if that happens at the wedding? That would be terrible. Gale's face went pale at the thought and his eyes wondered while Richard pondered and remembered and started freaking out again.

The artist hadn't met many of Ricky's friends. Only a small handful that attended his birthday party, such as Tallis, which hehad also saw when Ricky was assaulted by the pirates. Then there was obviously Hannah, Telion, and his father. Then there was... Um... Hannah and Tallis... There had to be more than that. There had to be. Ricky introduced him to more people than that, right? Tallis, Hannah.... Dammit! There has got to be more!... Holy shyke, did he really only know two of Ricky's friends? That's... Impressive Gale, congratulations on being the least social person in all of Zeltiva.

Now stuck in his own memory, the blonde hardly noticed that Burt had come into their presence as well. Thankfully, the advice to the Waveguard didn't apply to him, for the man was too fixed on remembering faces of Ricky's friends to pay any heed to their words. The fixated look of concentration was on his face as he looked at the ground impatiently, biting the inside of his mouth harshly. The taste of iron was the common result of such nasty habits, but his focus continued on.

That was, until the murderer could feel a pair of eyes burning into his skin. Turning quickly, almost out of surprise, he watched Burt's mouth move before managing to catch part of it.

"Hate to see 'em crash b'fore the ceremony."

"Heh, heh." A embarrassed grin was slapped on over top of his overly concentrated face. A tint of pink was placed onto his cheeks. Suppose the blush made the smile more real, in a sense. Gave Gale some colour back at least. " Yeah, would not want anyone to faint before hand." A nervous chuckle topped off the complete look of utter... Confusion. It didn't really look like anything. To generalize it, Gale looked like a stew mixed with nervousness, eagerness, joy, sadness, embarrassment, excitement, fear, and a hint of tenseness. Overall, it was confusing. Let's just leave it at that.

The blue eyes watched as the father walked off with laughter. The overlaying emotions and confusions melted away after a single breath was taken. It was instantly put back on when a shout made the lad jump. Gale jolted towards his dearest friend for a brief stare. Next was an approach. Third was an offer to help him up with an extended hand. Last was a smile and a simple response.

"Come on Ricky. The sooner we get ready and get to the ceremony the sooner you can see Telion."
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Together We Stand

Postby Ricky Maze on October 5th, 2013, 11:56 pm

Note for ModGale has given me permission to write a piece of his pc's reaction so this thread may be finished.

Ricky cursed in the silence of his breath, "I'm not petchin' ready! I've still t' remember the vow I thought o'." Yet he had little time to mope around and wait for it to return to him, so instead of thinking hard on it he decided to simply take Gale's offered hand and rise to his feet. There was little he could do at this point besides breath and let the shock run it's course as he tried to make the first step, it was that step that felt to be the biggest one he'd ever taken before in his life. That step was the first one on a road into a new chapter in his life, the one that would prove the hardest to take when his foot felt the heaviest. Yet it wasn't heavy at all, his foot rose and fell normal in that moment as gravity had only the same effect as always. However that only concerned the guard physically as far as stepping goes, while emotionally he felt a whirlwind of feelings that only made the gravity feel heavier than the norm. "Yeah." Ricky finally managed to nod as he found the voice to speak once more, he'd only just remembered that he needed to breath in order to speak after all. Really he needed to breath in order to do anything since it required so much effort, alas the guard started the first of their walk to the fountain focusing on this task more than anything, in preparation for that big special moment where the two would finally be a married couple.

"Just relax Rick, breath and ye'll make it." He wanted this to be over, not over as in "this is a nightmare" but over as in "I'm so petchin excited I could shyke myself" over. It wasn't often one would get married. In fact marriage was something that really only happened once in a lifetime, once in a single mans years would a marriage really ever occur for him. That one moment was finally here, and Ricky could hardly believe it to be today even after telling himself over and over that today is that day after all. Yet he wasn't nervous at all, not even the slightest ounce of anxiety welled within the pit of his stomach as he marched forward. Only excitement existed within him as he held together the overwhelming pride and joy he felt, all of it almost enough to break even the strongest of men into tears.

"Kayo mate, think 'ard on them words ya had..." He did have a well thought out vow he planned to make, one that he would honor to the end of his day as a oath to Cheva and his love for Telion of course. The first bit wasn't too hazy as he remembered the key points, it was the good part that he took deep consideration into putting together, that part was the more important piece of the puzzle he had to fit together. He held the occupied look in his expression the entire walk to the fountain, as though the riddle before him were slowly unfolding itself. Hint after hint followed with each piece of the fragments to his vow, until sure enough they began to fit one by one to make that big important swear upon his life, the oath he took to heart in an effort to make it's value all the more alive.

Sure enough they arrived at the fountain and found Burten there and waiting, although Hannah and Telion had yet to arrive just yet. With Ricky and Gale first to be there Burt smiled proudly to see his son with a close friend, after such time spent on and off together the artist had proven a true person to count on in tough times. Thus Burt respected Gale all the same with a pat on the man's shoulder, and a deep stare into Ricky's eyes as the father slipped something into his son's hands. It was a gold miza, one that would be tossed into the fountain along with Telion's. Part of their vows as Ricky was told, which he agreed to be an excellent idea. Then there she was, she and the other wonderful woman who'd been a blessing in Ricky's life. The one that somehow brought them together through different means, the one that ended up being a sister to Ricky after the time they spent together. Hannah had arrived with Telion next to her, both woman had wide smiles smothered on their faces as they approached the fountain.

"By the Gods." Ricky could help but watch as Telion strode forward in her dress, with the colors of white she practically glowed within the sunlight while her curves were well complimented. It was a snug fit that showed well enough that she could be pregnant, yet a beautiful sight for Ricky to behold as he took it in with awe. He wasn't nervous at all. Now that he thought about it maybe there was a bit of anxiety before now, but when his eyes fell upon her everything seemed to change just then. The world seemed to stop as nothing else mattered, everything that went on around him seemed less important than that one moment he stood watching as she approached him. He could only smile as they came face to face, deep stares into each others eyes as he remembered to breath once more. When she stood before him with that smile he couldn't help but love, he too smiled big before her with the sharing of three quiet words; "I love you."

The voiceless words were returned with the same mouthing from her as her expression brightened further. The others were silently proud to watch as these two faced one another, Gale found himself in wonder as he contemplated on the thoughts that occurred. The artist found Telion beautiful as well even if she weren't in an official brides dress, and took notice to the excitement present in Ricky's expression as the couple took hands. Their vows came next as Telion spoke first to break the ice. "Ricky Maze. Since the day we met I've always wondered what it would be like to be with you, that if we ever were together then if it would be either as great as I'd imagine or as terrible as I feared." Her smile grew to a sincere one as she continued. "It's been almost a season now since we've been together, and even if we've lived through a pirate attack it's still been the most amazing thing that's ever happened. Better than any imagination I could've ever had." She giggled along with a chuckle from Ricky. "So I Telion Gullwin vow to take the name of Maze with pride and love, to cherish every moment with you and support you in this shared life. I promise to be strong and to take care of you and our child in the time we share together."

"Wow," He took a moment before he went into his vows, "just wow." After a moment of laughter followed he took in a deep breath to follow through with his vow. "I Ricky Maze vow t' love you ev'ryday and t' keep you and our child safe fr'm any dangers o' the world, so long as ye 're there t' hold me up I will always be the shield that protects ya. Every wakin' moment o' our lives will be cherished and every spare thought will always belong t' you, and I promise t' work hard t' provide f'r our family and see t' it our child or children will live normal lives.'" He promised with a nod as he brought up the gold coin, Telion did the same with her coin as she waited on him to give the word. "T' our future."

"To our future." She repeated as they both tossed their coins together into the fountain, their wishes made one as they both kissed one another. Finally when their lips parted Ricky pulled the pendant from his pocket, the glass feather that had been passed from his father to him, was now to be passed on to Telion. With it slipped over her head, the pendant settled around her neck with ease, its glimmer from the sun a example of the hope and love Ricky had for them.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on July 19th, 2014, 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Together We Stand

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on November 8th, 2013, 4:18 am

Common Vani Nari

OOCAlright! Quarter grades are over, I have a four day weekend and no homework! For this weekend, I'm going Ricky to get all my stupidly and pitifully late replies done! Yeah for going Ricky!

Sorry if this is sudden, but seeing as no one has gotten to the thread yet, I figured I would do my last post so that my appearance in the thread doesn't seem as pathetic. If you'd rather just me not post it then just tell me and I can delete it.

The Zeltivan helped his good friend up with a grunt before the two made their way towards the Fountain of Cascading Harmony. Gale had thought it an interesting choice to choose the fountain as the location of their consecration to their love for one another...yet charmingly appropriate. Where once Ricky offered the peaceful fountain a simple wish was now the location of a wish that thousands of men have dreamed would come true. The place where the two love birds would come together in harmony, revealing their boundless love towards each other, to forever show grace for one another.

It all seemed ethereal to the inured man, and it wasn't even his wedding, which says a lot about the preparation and the true compassion between the perfectly paired couple. The blonde man looked up to his companion with reverence, envying his sedulousness and propinquity to the ones he loved and to his home. It appeared that Ricky had everything he didn't, and with much introspection, Gale found himself content with that. Even if it was just for a day. Just for a day, Gale could be fain to set aside his forlorn past and his reproof for himself. He could comport himself in order to allow Ricky the best memory that he could possibly have. What type of friend would he be if he couldn't?

Telion entered their presence, and for a moment, she seemed impalpable, for if one did attempt to reach out to her, they would be blinded by her beauty and grace. Even a glance at her could mollify any soul, no matter the trouble, and Ricky and Gale stood in confoundment as she walked to the groom. They traded equally awe inspiring words in mere attempts to declare their profuse love for one another, and with that, two gold mizas were tossed delicately into the glimmering water of the fountain.

With that, their future together began, and Gale couldn't help but feel excessive amounts of glee and exhilaration to be watching the beginning of such a miraculous journey. It was truly an honour that he would not soon forget.

OOCOh wow, I thought that was going to be waaay longer than it was. Oh well, I hope you get the point!
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Together We Stand

Postby Taylani on November 21st, 2013, 3:27 pm

XP Award!

Ricky Maze:

XP Award:
  • +3 planning
  • +1 socialization

Lore:
  • A Vow to Cheva
  • Telion: Beautiful

Notes: These are comments.

Gale McCenry:

XP Award:
  • +2 socialization
  • Example 2

Lore:
  • Memory: Passing out on his own wedding day.
  • Example 2
Notes: These are comments.

Comments :
Short but sweet. Please feel free to pm me if you have concerns about the grades. Also don’t forget to delete/edit your grade request. .

TAYLANI
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)