Completed [TFoCH] Hopes In A Fountain

(Gale, Runo) Ricky and Gale head to the Fountain of Cascading Hope and Gale ntroduces Runo to Ricky, the three of them together make a wish for the future.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[TFoCH] Hopes In A Fountain

Postby Ricky Maze on November 7th, 2012, 10:21 am

Hopes in a Fountain
Part III of Homecoming
Fall 57th, 512 AV

As Ricky got up out of bed and pulled his clothes on he looked out the window, the morning started a chime or two ago but after such a long trip he's found the habbit of sleeping in rather enjoyable. When he finally finished putting his vest on and fastened it, he took a seat on the bed and reached for his worn leather shoes. 'Gods these are old, practically falling into pieces.' Odis watched his master and yawned a long tired whine, he too was sleeping in rather late. Though today was the dawn of a new day, yesterday was a terrible beginning but Ricky couldn't let that keep him down. He had to focus on the bright side, the good things, in order to reach his destination; and what better way to start then with a wish at the fountain.

Finished tying his shoes he looked to Odis, and grinned loosely. "Here's the new day." He cheered positively, though not enthusiasticly. "Ruff." Odis agreed with him, and followed his master as they went out the door, they were just about to continue down the hall; before an idea hit Ricky.

Maybe Gale will want to come too, wish for something he'd like out of life. Convinced that it was a generous idea and a good friend thing to do, he turned and knocked on Gales door. After a few chimes though he didn't seem to respond, either he was dead asleep or already out. Convinced that he has tried well enough, he accepted his given effort and decided to continue on. He and Odis left the inn to go strolling out, on the way to the center where they would find the fountain. It's beautiful stonework and flowing water creating beautiful sound that enlivened the town. Not a mass amount of people were out considering the day was starting, but enough to get the lively bustle moving. When the two took a seat next to the fountain Ricky relaxed, taking in deep breathes of the salty air. Oh yes. Just like it was before, same sweet salty air that hung all around. There was nothing like it.

Odis panted as he looked around and watched people pass by, the dog was usually energetic when it came to doing things like this; but seeing as they have been with each other for over eight years it was to be expected.

Last edited by Ricky Maze on January 18th, 2013, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on November 11th, 2012, 12:13 am

ImageImageImage

“Well it’s your fault for ruining my shirt.” Gale said as he walked alongside his apprentice. “May I ask why you carved so much your hands bled anyway? I’ve never seen anyone with so much determination to vandalize a wall that they wouldn’t even stop when their hands bled.” Gale said looking at his hand, his dominate left hand holding his sketchbook as usual.

The two had gotten into a conversation slash argument about why she didn’t see him this morning. Because he had to get yet another shirt, he didn’t meet the fifteen-year-old where he said they would. Though, Gale didn't get any new clothes so he was stuck with his dark green shirt with some blood on its side and black pants. But because of his search, the two were now walking and debating about how this happened. Of course Gale felt childish while doing so, since it was pointless, but the mad girl wouldn’t shut up! She speaks as if he keeps continuing it even though he doesn’t say anything. He was starting to question his logic for finally accepting her
“fate” idea about the apprentice deal.

“But it doesn’t matter. You still managed to find me anyway.”
Gale attempted to end the conversation as they started to pass the “wishing fountain”. He’d have to draw the fountain sometime. He wondered why he never had, considering it was more than enough to create a very beautiful and eye-catching image. He supposed he had to get his head out of flowers and depressing images to do something as cheerful as a splashing wishing well.

However, being too focused on his insane companion, he didn’t notice the familiar panting dog and fisherman sitting at the fountain, nor did he know that Ricky had been looking for him to bring him to this exact spot. Seems to be so many coincidences when he was around Ricky. Something was bound to go wrong soon. No one can have so much good luck without paying for it, as Gale had learned painfully. Of course, Gale never wished bad luck on anyone, he just preferred to predict such events so he could do something about it if at all possible. Who wouldn’t want to change the future if it was a bad one? Well, there were those “we learn from our mistakes people” who take it too literally. But thankfully there weren’t many of those around. As much as Gale believed that to be true, it’s unnatural to be so complacent.

“Ah!” Gale jumped when he felt a wet nose nudge his thigh. Being caught by surprise, Gale whipped around, expecting to see some strange person or maybe even a child to run by. But no. It was Odis, that slobbery and big eyed dog. Where did he come from? Where was Ricky? But as he questioned Ricky’s current position, Odis trotted back to his partner. Gale sighed and ran a hand through his hair. Dogs…

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Runo on November 11th, 2012, 3:40 pm

Runo skipped alongside Gale, dried blood caking her slender hands. She thoroughly enjoyed arguing with the “old man;” for no reasons greater than, it was much more entertaining than arguing with herself…

Now who is that bear of a man Gale approaches?

“Doggy!” with a cry of pure delight Runo leapt for the dog and his master, embracing the dog’s thick neck and running her fingers through his soft fur. She used to have a dog; but the poor thing died in the fire like everything else.

“Hello!” Runo looked up at the dog’s master; her smile would have been pleasant except that it appeared more as a grimace than anything genuine, “you smell like fish, it clings to you, Runo wonders if you are a fisherman?”

Instead of answering her the bear-like man, gave Gale an inquiring look, then glared down at Runo as if she were something foul. Oh, well, it made some sense (her dried blood was flaking off into his dog’s fur coat…) Runo my dear you are a repulsive little thing now aren’t you?

“Fisherman have you ever wondered what you’d look like as a duck?”

“Runo…” Gale warned her, taking steps towards her as if to lift her off the dog.

“Shut up old man!” she hissed at Gale, attempting to ward him off with a wave of her hand, “I have to check whether this guy is mad, because Runo doesn’t want to be friends a mad person,” she turned back to the Fisherman, a slightly demonical laugh playing on her lips, “by your stony silence, I take that as a “no.” Good, if you would of said yes, I would have dubbed you mad… personally I hate ducks… but there’s not a denying feeling in my heart that I wouldn’t make a lovely turkey.”
"I am not a moral person, nor have I ever considered becoming a moral person, first off it has been so long since the last pure thought in my mind I haven't a prayer of ever conjuring another, and two..being wicked is too much fun." -Runo
Runo
Would you like to play a game?

Words: 11014
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2012, 4:15 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ricky Maze on November 11th, 2012, 8:28 pm

Odis had disappeared for a few chimes but Ricky didn't notice it, his wet nose touching him on the shoulder to get his attention. When he looked over to Odis with curiousity he found the pup was looking at two others, Gale and some other person Ricky did not know. 'Looks like Gale got himself a lass.' He thought as he stood up, the two of them coming to the fountain as well. The girl looked quite young for Gale though, but it wasn't until she had reacted to Odis he sort of tensed up.

"Doggy!" She cried out of pure excitement as she wrapped around Odis like a stuffed doll, the dog wrestled with her to get away as she overwhelmed him with her affection. When she grimaced at how Ricky smelled was when Odis made his retreat. She had asked him the most outrageous question yet, completely throwing Ricky into a spiraling loop of confusion.

She seem to argue with Gale quite a bit but after explaining her reasoning for this...."manner" she had, Ricky was unsure what to say after hearing all of it. It was one of those situation's where he felt unsure whether he should laugh or cry, but in cases like this he would rather be doing both. The girl seem to have red on her hands, was it dried blood that covered them? Seeing Odis have some flakes of red in his fur he guessed that was the case. What an odd child she really was.

"First off, Hi I'm Ricky," He gestured awkwardly to the young girl before looking to Gale, "Second, Hey again Gale." He finished with a puzzled expression, one that Gale could clearly read. "Friend of yer's?"

Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on November 11th, 2012, 8:45 pm

ImageImageImage

Gale felt like Runo was going to strangle the poor dog. That would be rather awkward, considering Odis was one of the first dogs that didn’t yap the skitniz out of his ears. He would have pulled the two away from each other if it weren’t for his “policy” with girls the fact he knew better then to suddenly grab a mad girl away from something that she seemed to enjoy too much. She managed to get some of her nasty blood on the dog, making Gale have an awkward face of disgust.

“I thought I told you to clean your hands.” Gale mumbled under his breath, pinching the bridge of his nose. Maybe it was best if he called this apprenticeship off, considering she isn’t learning a single thing anyway.

She made sure Ricky wasn’t mad, even though Gale could have explained why not if she had asked. But mad people don’t ask for help, do they? They just ask and do what they want. It infuriated Gale. The girl had no manners at all! No common sense! Who were he parents? He’s like to give them a good piece of his mind…

“Runo, would you please try to have some dignity?” Gale questioned. It didn’t seem to be that hard in gale’s eyes, but he supposed even simple tasks are difficult for the insane. “I guess you could say that.” He turned to Ricky. ‘She’s my….apprentice.” He hesitated to say, not being particularly proud of it. “It’s a bit complicated.” The murderer spoke as if to respond to Ricky’s facial expression. He was basically as lost as he was with this. He couldn’t even remember how she ended up being his apprentice in the first place. He utterly refused her but look at them now. The artist wanted to shank his own eyes.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Runo on November 12th, 2012, 12:22 am

Why didn’t she clean her hands? Didn't she? Drat!

“I’m sorry Gale,” Runo winced from his sharp retort, bowing her head, “Runo is truly sorry, her father never taught her manners you see, instead he burned, burned, burned.”

She retreated back behind Gale, muttering about how she’d clean her hands when they were done conversing with the “bear fisherman.” Hot tears budded in her eyes, it was very childish to cry over a mere verbal correction over her odd behavior, but in truth, madness makes one quite childish.

Biting her lip so hard that it bled, Runo restrained herself from saying anything else foolish, and instead preoccupied her attention to a scuttling little beetle that was wandering awfully near her boot. ‘I can be good’ she chanted to herself, ‘I can be good.’

“Let’s start over shall we?” offering her cleaner hand out towards the fisherman, Runo held back the mad laughter that was trying desperately to claw its way from her throat, “my name is Runo, please excuse me for I am insane, I am the old man’s apprentice, it is a,” a shriek of high-pitched laughter bubbled up briefly from her but she staunched it quickly, “pleasure to meet you.”

Very polite Runo, I’d applaud you if I wasn’t, you know, in your HEAD.

“Doggy I’m sorry if I hurt you,” Runo knelt down offering her hand at the dog who (for great reason) refused to come near her, “I like dogs, they don’t talk… well except for that one…”

Runo glanced up hopefully at Gale’s face, was that right?
"I am not a moral person, nor have I ever considered becoming a moral person, first off it has been so long since the last pure thought in my mind I haven't a prayer of ever conjuring another, and two..being wicked is too much fun." -Runo
Runo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ricky Maze on November 12th, 2012, 1:15 am

Ricky now began to see now why Runo was mad, she had lost her parent in a fire...maybe both, and at her age that could lead to devastating effects. It was indeed an eyesore to see such a spritely young lass lose her mind, but Ricky was not the type to judge those based on personality. When she apologized to Odis, the old dog only scratched behind his ear and yawned. "He's not upset with ya Runo," Ricky reassured her, "Just gettin to old to play with kids now a days." He grinned slightly to make his statement more appealing, then looked to Gale once again. "Out for a stroll then? I came by yer door to invite ye here, but ya never answered." He felt a lot better after last night of course, the time he spent with Gale provided a great distraction.

He turned to the fountain again and gazed at it's beautiful stonework once more. The water inside had gathered many coins people would throw in, no doubt their wishes they kept close. "Do ye two believe in this fountain here?" He asked curiously, his eyes never turning away from the beautiful water.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on November 12th, 2012, 2:31 am

ImageImageImage

Gale let out a soft sigh and a saddened expression. The poor girl. He could only imagine what it’s like to be insane. To be utterly bonkers.

“It’s alright, Runo…It’s alright.” He told the retreating girl, pulling her gently out from behind him.

The murderer felt horrible along with some odd feeling of satisfaction. He never liked scolding someone for what they did wrong, more than not, he’d encourage positive actions instead. But with Runo, there were few positive actions to praise for. Being able to tell her what was right and wrong made him feel like a parent scolding his own daughter, and it could look that way. He never usually gets to correct others so being able to do so was a bigger step than usual. But like any sane person, guilt followed shortly after sometimes. Especially since there was nothing she could do about her mind and thoughts.

But he was rather proud of Runo when she corrected herself, trying to be more polite instead of just rushing in. Gale personally wouldn’t offer his hand but then again, she didn’t know better probably. The laugh was tolerable but quite an improvement from her choking the dog’s neck. However, Gale didn’t think the dog could understand an apology. Though, at least it was one nonetheless. He gave Runo a small smile as if to “approve” of her actions in a way, yet, it was still more of a fatherly smile. One you might see on a dad’s face when his little girl finally learned to tie her shoes or got back from her first day of school. But the face left as quickly as it came, not even lasting a full tick.

The artist turned his attention back to Ricky as he told him he knocked on his door earlier. “Oh, I leave early in the mornings. I probably should have told you that. Probably should have told both of you that.” He glanced at the teenager. He doesn’t usually tell anyone he leaves early mainly because of the fact no one ever asks and he never had a reason too. It isn’t really a habit to explain where he disappears off to at dawn yet.

Gale’s attention was brought to the gorgeous fountain as Ricky had raised the question if he had faith in the fountains wish granting abilities. Letting out an awkward, half laugh, gale looked at it for a while,” Ha heh, I’m not entirely sure. I’ve never really been a… believer in luck.” Gale tried to explain the best he could, “believer” being the only word to describe it. He gaze turning to between Ricky and the fountain repeatedly.

As much as the young man wanted to believe in such things…Gale didn’t have enough strength in him to put his faith into something that could just let him down. He just couldn’t do that. He would end up like Runo if he did so. Besides, how could anyone believe in a miza and a fountain to make things happen for them? Nothing happens when you rely on magic and good luck.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Runo on November 12th, 2012, 3:35 pm

Even if she happened to live for a thousand years it was unlikely that she could ever possibly explain the blissful happiness that erupted in her chest when the old man smiled down at her, sure it was a rather forced awkward looking smile, yet it was probably the most hopeful thing she had witnessed in a great while.

Her blonde master gently pushed her from out behind her, look, the whelp is trying now. The fisherman smiled sympathetically at her, then turned his attention back to the beautiful fountain that stood behind him.

"Do ye two believe in this fountain here?" the fisherman gazed into the glistening water mesmerized.

Did she believe in wishes? Prehaps, it was quite a pleasant ideal, a wishing fountain. So taking a deep breathe Runo answered, “truthfully Runo has never given much thoughts on such trivial matters, so as a result I cannot find a reason why not to believe in such things.”

Worn from her poor attempts at sounding somewhat sane, Runo plopped down on the ground, cradling her face in her hands. Ick, they still smelt like blood. With a sigh Runo just left her head there, it was of no great importance to her to look back up.
Runo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ricky Maze on November 12th, 2012, 10:23 pm

As he heard their opinions he chuckled slightly, they stood where he was as well. The inbetween where belief existed, but only within reason it seems. However today Ricky be different. He would find it in himself to lean toward the belief and let faith, even though it would be blind, work its magic. Superstition or legend, myth or old wives tale: He would give all his belief in this one fountain. All in an attempt to make the year work out. Sure it was bound to be a stupid thing, but for all he knew this could actually work. Maybe Laviku and luck would bring good fortune to him, maybe he would find a better home if not rebuild his own.

"What if we all made one wish today. Just one." He really didn't ask it as a question, but more of a presented idea. He would not judge what they think or said, he just wanted to know what they thought. Would they give it a try with him? Would they watch in skepticism? Would his hopes be heard? His dreams be fulfilled? None of these questions had solid answers, at least not yet anyway. He never turned away from the fountain though, his thoughts were all occupied with just his one wish. Just one. It was all he wanted nonetheless, as he reached in his pocket to frolic with the one nilo he brought today. He was sort at war with himself when he thought about it this morning, how he needed to save his money but then if he believed in this one wish... Just maybe this one time. Things may start to look up from here on.

"One wish ye two, that would be somethin to see." He said humbly as his heart yearned for it, he was no longer able to keep his hand in the pocket. With the nilo in his hand he looked at it, deep in thought as he truly began to pray. 'Just this one time that's all I ask,' he thought eagerly, 'help me. Help me make a better year for me, help me to reach my destination; my dream.' As he felt his deepest desires become part of the nilo, he flipped the coin. It spun with a ching as it flew up then down, dropping into the fountain with a tiny splash. He had done it then, the deed was done. He threw out the line for whatever higher power was out there, now it was just a matter of time before any results would be noticed....should things begin to happen.

He sighed as he waited on the other two, unsure if they were bound to try as well. No matter what they chose and thought of him, he would stand proud of his decision. He would remain hopeful to see what tbe future would bring.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next