Fancy Seeing You (Shiress)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Razkar on November 3rd, 2013, 12:07 am

The Myrian grimaced judiciously and nodded. Bad from, her arms were everywhere, and she was still lashing out... well, lashing. Not punching or striking, with economy of movement and precision backed up by muscle and experience.

He grunted, but it was directed at himself.

Oh, and you were Myri's Own Son the first time you stepped into the Training Yards?

"Not bad... Not bad..." He said, muttering the words and walking in a slow circle around her as appraised her, arms crossed. "But practice is all, female. Cannot just do at end of week or few times in season. Every day, practice. Every day, train. But-"

Razkar stopped again in front of her with a finger between them. A slow, feral smile split his lips open again, filed teeth glinting between them. He would leave her with one final lesson before he left; something less technical, but far more applicable.

"Never fight like Knight. Never fight with rule." He saw a brief flash of shock go across her face, that this savage would say such things, there of all places, the stronghold of The Order. "Rule get you killed. Rule hold you back, make you fight like other man want to fight."

A single hawked gob of spittle onto the salty stones told Shiress exactly what Razkar thought of the so-called "honorable combat" the bards and squires of Syliras venerated so much.

"Fight how you fight. Fight to win. As fast as you can, so enemy not get back up, and you are not hurt." He stepped forward, head tilted slightly to intensify his dark stare, boring the words into her memory. "Only thing to matter is you survive. Everything else... not matter."

The gulls cawed; decks creaked; men yelled and animals brayed and when Razkar found himself surfacing from that intense little tick, he found it was... late. Almost dark. He sighed. Why were the good days, the days of accomplishment and smiles, always so fast to leave them? Another one for the scholars, he supposed.

"Time for me to go, I think, Mistress Shiress," he said, bowing slightly as was the custom of his people, eyes lowered in deference to the female, "But I will see again... I hope, anyway."

The warrior's smile flickered a little uncertainly. Goddess... he really meant it. Bright, cheery, good company (though not entirely trustworthy), Shiress had been... pleasant company. Goddess, when was the last time he'd had any of that? Aside from Edri, of course...
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Shiress on November 3rd, 2013, 1:55 am

God's, leave it to Razkar to use intimidation to prove a point and stand the little hairs up on the back of ones neck. Little did the Myrian know that Shiress didn't feel much different when it came to the knights of the fortress city. Why would she when a squire-would-be-knight held a knife to her throat while playing abusive mind games with her. Petch um!

Shiress wrinkled her nose with a sort of backward snore followed by a loud growl from her throat and she leaned over and spat just where Razkar had. "Fight to win!" She said, giving her head a hard nod. She stepped back with a chuckle, swiping the sleeve of her tunic across her chin before she spoke again. "I will practice everyday, I promise.

Before Razkar had a chance to turn away, the girl stepped forward ad gently took his hand in hers and smiled softly. "I do thank you, Razkar of the Shorn Skulls, for all you've done for me. I'm really not sure what would have happened had you not needed those bow's and arrow's." She laughed. "But mostly, thank you for your kindness. If you'll have it, I offer you my friendship.

Shiress' gaze lingered on the dark eyes looking down at her a tick before she gave the Myrian's hand a final squeeze. Stepping back, she slid her hand free and smiled again. "I work at The Stallion, if ever you fancy a drink. It'll be on the house of course. With that she tuned and stepped away, stopping once to glance back with a wave of her hand before stepping into the new shadows formed of the setting sun.
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Taylani on November 15th, 2013, 4:14 am

XP Award!

Razkar:

XP Award:
  • +5 socialization
  • +3 intimidation
  • +2 planning
  • +1 teaching
  • +2 Unarmed Combat

Lore:
  • Shiress: Frightened woman
  • Syliras: Not as Humid as home.
  • Rushing into battle is suicide
  • Brawling: Secret to street fighting is never hesitate.
  • Incomprehension of the mentality of rape.
  • Marked with S

[indent]Shiress:

XP Award:
  • +5 Socialization
  • +4 observation
  • +1 unarmed combat
Lore:
  • Razkar: Unusual looking man
  • Watch the Shadows
  • Pretty ones wear jewels

Comments :
Ok, Razkar, I thought your avatar was scary..and then I open your character sheet and I still haven’t quite found where my heart jumped to..But that was the point huh? Very nice. .That being said was a completely awesome thread and made me want to get Taylani back to Syliras. Very good job both of you. I gave Shiress Unarmed rather than brawling because the blows she practiced were deliberate to cause specific damage rather than just hitting to be hitting and using the environment (Aka whacking someone with a beer mug) Feel free to PM me with any thoughts or concerns. Don’t forget to edit/delete the grade request..

TAYLANI
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous