Completed A Nightmare In Paradise

[Storyline Act 2-1] Things take a turn for our Wave Guard as an issue arrises, which leads to the downfall of a beloved family member

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

A Nightmare In Paradise

Postby Ricky Maze on October 11th, 2013, 11:18 am

A Nightmare In Paradise
Fall 40th 513 AV, 15th Bell

The day was rather content for Ricky as the damp air attempted to bring chills into his skin during his patrol, the bells being the same usual they once were before the events that led up to the Denvali's coup at the start of the season, he had been at ease for a while now since he could work his usual time frame without hardly the worry of being jumped. That is not to say the time during patrol wasn't hard enough already, now of course most of the Wave Guard along with those that fought for Zeltiva's freedom worked to root out what remnants of Denvali supporters remained after their leaders fell. Today of course he only thought on the good things in life now that everything was better, even if dark times still lay ahead for the city he felt things were sure to improve quickly now.

That's why he stood at the fountain with the fond memory of the day he was married to his beloved, the vows they both made still clear in his head from the moment he laid eyes on her when she and Hannah showed. The promise made with two gold mizas thrown together into the fountain to start off a wonderful and healthy marriage, in the belief that there would be plenty of long years to come between Ricky and Telion. Practically every memory he held here could be compared to that one day and yet nothing, at least not all as a whole, could compare to how he felt that day. "Amazing isn't it, how much time flies." Burt's voice snagged Ricky's attention from his occupation of memories as the guard caught sight of his father. "Pretty soon you'll be counting the days yer child's lived."

"Did you?" Ricky inquired with a humble smirk on his face, pleased to see his father doing well since he'd been back out on his own once again. The two had a rough start in catching up but after a while it was as if they were truly father and son once again, for Ricky that was something invaluable to have once more.

"Hmph," A chuckle and smirk developed on Burt's lips, "Every day. Though it slipped me mind after ya got older, mainly after losin' Odis and searchin' f'r yer mum." He added with a lesser smirk, a hand placed on Ricky's shoulder to pat the guard. "I know f'r a fact you 're twenty-seven years and a hundred sixteen days ol'."

"I'll be damned, ya 'ave been countin' 'fter all." Ricky mused with a returned pat on his father's shoulder.

"Mm." With a nod to follow Burt's face took a more serious turn. "There's gonna be another strike from a pocket of Denvali resistance somewhere in East Street, nothing large but a potential threat if left unattended son. You and I are goin' t' wipe them out b'fore they make a move on our home."

Burt's explanation was met with a serious look from Ricky, this type of information should be used to tip the Wave Guard at best. However knowing Ricky was part of the guard Burt probably believed he and Ricky capable of handling it, and Ricky himself felt rather up to the task in eliminating this threat by nipping the bud. "I'm in then." A smirk filled Burt's expression after he heard Ricky's response to the idea, the fact he agreed to take the initiative made him seem proud to Ricky. Then another showed up to their little conversation with a concerned looked of her own, the fiery red head quick to arrive on the spot to speak with Ricky.

"I need to talk with you!" She pleaded impatiently without any regard to Burt being there, after Ricky looked from Hannah to his father he received a nod from Burt, and gave the two a moment to speak alone before they went off.

"Ye 'ave one petchin' sense o' timin' H'nnah, what's gotten ya in such a panic?" He crossed his arms with a gentle grin and waited to hear a response, which he could tell by the frown on her face from his remark it was rather serious.

"Oh gee, I don't know. How about the fact that I could die pretty soon?!" She retorted with a sarcastic attitude to pull his attention in further, she knew the job was done when the grin Ricky once held was replaced with a bitter frown.

"Petch say what?!" He exclaimed with a face already flushing red.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Nightmare In Paradise

Postby Ricky Maze on October 13th, 2013, 9:15 am

"Listen," Hannah pulled Ricky in to speak lower, "the people I've been hiding from have somehow found me. They know I'm in Zeltiva and someone's come to collect the bounty." Ricky's eyes bulged as he looked down to her in surprise, the fact a hunter has come to claim whatever bounty was on her head... it upset him very much. After everything she'd been through, they'd been through together, and the living she finally earned for herself here it wasn't fair. "I have know where he'll be but I need your help Ricky, if we want to keep the bounty hunter from reporting back to him..."

"Don't worry," he glanced over to his father with a hand on her shoulder, "He won't know what 'it 'em." Burt walked over to the two with intrigue, and could see that something else had come up with the looks on their faces. "Listen pa, H'nnah needs us t' help 'er out. I know we're suppose t' find this insurgence and I plan t' follow through with that, but f'r now she needs me more than ever."

"Not t' worry son, we've plenty o' time to surprise them. Help her out then come find me, I'll poke 'round and see if I can find their location in the meantime." He instructed with a wry smile on his face, the three talked a little further with how the plan would go and with it set off. Burt went on to go to East Street while Hannah and Ricky headed off to the Docks to start with her task there, they needed to find one of the sailors that docked with the bounty hunter and see if they could gather some info on him.

"The ship that he arrived off of is The Eventide, we check around the deck and ask a few sailors; we're bound to get 'some' juicy gossip on our bounty hunter." She remarked upon their approach to the docks with sharp eyes on the ships. Hmm... There!"" She pointed to a vessel that was further down the docks. "That looks like it could be it." She pointed as she lead onward and walked along the docks, Ricky shrugged and followed along as their for The Eventide began. It took about a quarter of a bell considering she'd guessed for a while, but finally they came onto The Eventide's deck and found several of the crew members about. "Right then. Hey big guy, got a question for you."

"Eh?" The sailor at the mainsail looked up and over to Hannah, an amused smile replaced the dumbfound expression when he saw her approach.

"We're conducting an investigation on one of the arrivals here, and my friend who's part of the guard needs all the details you can provide." She looked to Ricky with a casual grin and he knew all to well where this was going, her idea of an easy interrogation involving one of the city's own guards to get those answers. "Petch my luck..." It was easy to tell that her plan involved his authority as a guard, but he was in fact helping to ensure her safety thus following the principle of his role. He took a moment to put on his confident face, and then followed along with Hannah as they approached the soon to be questioned sailor.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Nightmare In Paradise

Postby Ricky Maze on October 15th, 2013, 8:02 am

"So ya say he's gone off t' East Street shortly 'fter arrivin'?" Ricky probed further with crossed arms, he'd learned only a little about this bounty hunter.

"Aye sir, he'd just made of wit' but a word. Sayin' he'd been off mainland too long and needed some company, the men pointed him t' Loveless n' he made off right quick." The sailor explained as he finished tightening a few knots in a rope.

"Much appreciated mate, ye 'ave yer self a g'day." He nodded in appreciation as the sailor went to return to his other duties, Ricky approached Hannah with a slight smirk as she waited to hear what he learned. "That wasn't easy by the way, I 'ad t' push f'r a specific description 'n order t' learn anythin' o' value."

"Well," She urged impatiently, "what did he tell you?"

"First off the bounty hunter's name is Ketren, and he comes fr'm Sunb'rth as a travelin' merc. He was armed when he left the ship and wore a black cloak too, so he won't be hard t' find when we go t' Loveless t' deal with 'em." Ricky explained with little amusement to her eagerness, she didn't seem all to thrilled to learn what he did however.

"Damn! Laviku's balls he's a quick one..." One glance from her occupied thought to see why Ricky seem puzzled she further explained. "The fact he went to Loveless was to look for me, and wait until I returned there later to catch me off guard. He knew right where to find me just in the short time I knew he was coming, which means he's ready for anything we may have."

"What. Can't simply exile his ass or discreetly deal with 'em?" He retorted with barely a changed expression.

"Now you're thinking more like me, but unfortunately that's not going to save me from him..." She brought a index finger up to her chin as she thought for a moment, until finally her face lit up to reveal that she had an idea. "I've got it! Come on we've got to get to Loveless before he gets impatient." She took Ricky's hand and pulled him forward as she rushed back onto the docks, the two headed for East Street as she started to explain what exactly her idea was.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Nightmare In Paradise

Postby Ricky Maze on November 14th, 2013, 6:11 pm

"Ya want me t' do what now?!" The disapproval in his voice was loud and clear, but Hannah merely rolled her eyes as the taps of urged feet filled their ears. They were in a hurry to get to their destination but with what Hannah had in mind for a plan, Ricky didn't want to go there just yet even if she thought it would work. "Why in Dira's Domain do ya want me t' do that?! That's only bound t' lead t' a bad endin'." He regarded with further disapproval.

"Think about it Rick, we only have this one chance. If we can get him to drop his guard then he won't suspect our surprise attack, which is where you come in if you can beat him to the exit!" They came to a walk as she reaffirmed the plan with him, they nearly reached Loveless now and he needed to keep what energy he had reserved. Ricky still shook his head with the belief that the plan was a terrible idea, but Hannah prevented further action by interrupting whatever he had to say. "Look I know you're worried Ricky! I know you don't feel comfortable with this, but you have to be able to take chances sometimes; bold ones even. This is the kind of life I left behind, trust me when I say I know what I'm doing."

Her urge to approve hardly made it easy for him, but with the time slipping between his fingers, Ricky hadn't much choice in the matter to begin with. "Fine." He sighed stubbornly as they reached the entrance to Loveless. "I just know I'm gonna regret this..."

"Just remember your part, and be sure to keep it as realistic as you can." She reminded him as the dim glow of the front room came into view, Hannah waved to the woman at the front desk as she brought Ricky in with arm in arm. Her definition of a "free pass" to those that entered with her, even if the sight of a Wave Guard caught the attention of some eyes in the room. "I'll never be able t' live this down." Another sigh came from Ricky as he could only wonder what these people would speculate, the fact that a guard was in Loveless with a woman surely gave different impressions than what was truely going on. Better they thought whatever else though rather than know the truth. Hannah brought him along further back until they were in the private rooms, with a look to Ricky to motivate him further as a nervous expression settled in. "Okay, I know you're nervous big guy, admit though this is something you've been waiting to do."

"Since when 'ave I wanted t' ever 'it ya?" He remarked with a raised eyebrow.

"Who hasn't?!" She retorted with a laugh, as if it were some sort of joke. Ricky began to wonder if she were in her right mind, or if this was actually part of her past "lifestyle" she lived. "Just hit me good enough to knock me out. Trust me when I say this, you'll find it very theraputic."

"Oh Gods help me..." He gulped as they approached the door to her room, with but a moment to prepare for their little staged act for the man that waited within. With a silent count to three from Hannah the door knob was twisted and the door swung ajar, Ricky forced a smirk on his face as he watched her enter backwards. It was as though she acted interested in him, completely focused on him as they both walked in with the expectation of pure fun... until she turned forward to find another man sat at her bed with a devilsh smile of his own. "Wha? Who are you?" She feigned the surprise as Ricky looked to the man with his smirk gone, replaced with a vacant expression as he watched the two interact.

"Kept me waiting whore, you haven't been easy to find either." He stood onto his feet with arms crossed, and Ricky had to plant his heels into the floor to prevent himself from jumping at the man. "So you brought a guard to help you? Does he know you're a runaway criminal?" He remarked on the fact Hannah was a pirate, which she then turned to Ricky as though it was his que.

Ricky looked between the two with furrowed eyebrows as though this were the first time he heard it. "What?! Ye secretly a criminal that acts like a wench from 'ere?!" Ricky took an aggressive step forward and his heart sunk, he knew very well this was all an act but Hannah's innocent face made it seem real, feel real even as he raised his right hand up to hit her. He didn't want to do this at all, it wasn't in his heart to hit a woman. Not even hurting people was in his heart, and yet here he stood with his arm raised. He held his breath as he saw the look in her eyes, they pleaded for him to do it. Even if it went against his morals and teachings, she wanted him to do the one thing he dreaded to do. Thus Ricky sent the back of his hand forward with no pause, and within an instant he felt her face collide into the back of his hand as the sound of skin hitting skin filled his ears. Hannah groaned and fell to her knee's with hands brought to her face, and Ricky's heart ached even more for the pain he had just caused for his close friend.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Nightmare In Paradise

Postby Ricky Maze on November 16th, 2013, 9:57 pm

"Priskil forgive me..." He didn't want to do it, he didn't want to hit her but there she was. On the floor with hands to her face, and an amused grin in their spectator's eyes as he watched them. Ricky didn't know which exactly hurt the most, but between his hand, her face, and the sinking feeling within his heart he granted all three were enough. Yet there wasn't time to apologize, he had to follow through with this if he wanted to convince this man. "N-no! It's not what it looks like sir!" Hannah cried out with sincere eyes up to Ricky, however only the guard knew what really hid within that look. He knew she sent him the notion that he did well, and that he should continue with the act. "This man's a liar, I swear upon-"

"Enough!" Ricky barked as an interruption with an aggressive approach, he grasped at one of her forearms and yanked for her to get on her feet. Hannah followed his lead with a small yelp, to add to the act of being helpless in the matter. "By the order o' the Guard, I'm placin' ya under arrest!" He ordered with an authoritive tone, as he pulled her in close. That was when Ketren the bounty hunter intervened.

"Actually she's to come with me, I have strict orders to bring her with me alive." When Ricky looked at the man he felt nervous, completely and utterly nervous about the whole situation. So far the act must've looked convincing, but considering how out of place he felt, Ricky was sure he was likely to mess something up.

"And why's that exactly? On what order d'ya 'ave that allows 'er t' be taken from the law?" Ricky remarked with a bit of a challenge, with hopes that he sounded confident about his authority. Now that he got a good look at this mercenary, Ricky could tell this man had a quite some experience under his belt after all. Being from Sunberth a likely indication of his background, Ketren had a face adorned with scars to show and with a crooked nose and yellow smile with missing teeth. Dark brown hair at medium cut with dark clothes and a longsword attatched to his waist, with the air of a brigand that earned himself a better living.

"My employer has paid handsomely for her return, and I'd suggest you let me take her away, lest you wish to anger him as well." Hannah gave a few gasps, aware of who this employer was. Even if she were faking being scared, her approach for help earlier indicated that she really did fear capture. For Ricky this meant he had to eliminate this threat and quickly, which meant following through with the plan and seeing Ketren six feet under. "And if I recall what 'law' dictates, then she would fall under the jurisdiction of my employer at best."

"Yer employer live 'ere in the city?" Ricky questioned with a sharp look to the man, only a chuckle followed however.

"No. My employer lives outside the city, but if you would defer to speak with him... well that can be an exception." The offer rolled out in a casual manner, a cunning feel rolled off the words as Ricky only shook his head in refusal. Hannah merely looked between the two of them, and pleaded to Ricky to not be taken away. As much as it hurt him to do it, he merely raised a hand up once more, and then she withdrew away to avoid the second chance of being smacked.

"I'm so sorry Hannah!" He looked from her to Ketren with a furrowed brow, attempted to look annoyed rather then impatient. "Fine then, at least lemme escort ya out the city." He still held the authoritive tone but the phrase came out more suggestive, Ketren sighed and shrugged his shoulders to Ricky. The guard noticed the mercs hand rested near the sword at his hip, a sign that the man wad complacent but still alert to chances.

"Very well. Your guard are a stubborn lot, but if it pleases you, then by all means escort her out the city." He finally gave in with a frown, and waited for Ricky to lead the way.

"No worries," Ricky assured the merc, "soon as she's out o' the city she's yer's." Ricky pulled her with him as he led them on, ready to get this part over with before something else goes wrong. "And pretty soon, ye'll be all mine t' put down."
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Nightmare In Paradise

Postby Ricky Maze on November 18th, 2013, 1:29 am

Ricky led the way out of Loveless and into the streets of Zeltiva, their mercenary following right behind with eyes on the prize before him. For all he knew Hannah was really being escorted outside the city to be exhiled, even if her crimes weren't really brought to light by the guard she would've actually faced execution. However Ricky knew Hannah well, and he knew well enough that part of her life was over. Now here it was, caught up just as she feared it would. It was why she never stayed in one place for long, to avoid the chances of being discovered once again. It was why she left Ricky behind to be with Telion, why she wanted to run to begin with. Ricky could tell by the look in her eyes that she was glad to be getting this done, and with a glance up to him he could understand her idea behind the plan.

It was to look as though the bastard left Zeltiva with Hannah in custody, and when it was just the three of them alone from public eye, that's when they would dispose of him and be done with it. Clever as it was it still risked a lot in the process, yet so far there's been no hitches in the plan even if Ricky messed up a couple of times. The scene replayed in his head over and over, the dreaded moment where he sent a hand back to smack into her face. The redness on her cheek was a reminder of this, and Ricky still felt the pain of regret in doing it. "Just a lil' bit longer." He reminded himself as they pulled through the streets, people that passed looked onward without a worry. They knew it wad usual guard duty, dragging people to be exhiled from the city out. For all they knew this was just another usual day for city watch, and that's exactly what Ricky and Hannah expected for them. Then Mirahil Pass came into sight, and with it the turnover of anxiety in Ricky's stomach. He had to remember to breath slowly and easy as they continued walking, mentally challenge himself to avoid breaking any sweat while he attended to the task. It wasn't much longer now, not much longer until they were outside the city limits.

They pressed onward through and into the pass, and Ricky started to glance to Hannah for some sort of signal. Something that showed she gave the approval to turn around and get the jump on Ketren.

"How much further? I'm pretty sure we're out of city limits by now." The merc complained very bluntly with impatient taps, and then the two came to a stop with a glance to him before facing one another. Hannah's expression grew serious as she wanted to nod, but only the expression was all she could give. Ricky only needed to read into it to know what came next.

"'ere's fine. In the name o' Zeltiva and 'er people," With further impatience Ketren approached them two with a hand on her arm, and then Ricky balled his right hand into a fist and brought it up from under. It went into an upper cut and collided with Ketren's chin, and sent the mercenary teetering back in pain.

"You're dead!" Hannah called out with a kick to the groin, Ketren fell to his knees in pain as his hands cupped over the kicked area, and then Hannah drew a dagger from her boot and shanked him in the chest. Right where the heart resided. Ketrens face showed horrified awe as he looked upon his killer, for he hadn't the chance to fight for his life when it would've counted. He'd been cheated out of a fair fight and already lost what he owned, and he lost it to a woman and a simple city guard no less. Such humiliation became known on his face, and he died within ticks of shock and awe as he grunted in pain. The once functioning anatomy that had been plunged with steel now, thus severed from working condition and out of service for the rest of eternity.

With his fearful eyes now turning blank, Ketren merely held the look of a souless puppet as his body fell to the ground. Ricky had to mentally struggle to keep from further regretting their course of action, his heart weighed heavy by the deed that they had done. A mutter came from him as the body laid on the moist ground before them, which then Hannah turned to face him with curious eyes. She knew very well all this was against his nature, and she better understood the pain which it caused him. With a quick sheath of her dagger she placed her hands on Ricky's face, and averted his mournful eyes from the corpse to her. "Thank you, Ricky. I know none of this was easy for you to do, but you were wonderful today." She assured him with a humble smile, and patted his left cheek with a nudge for further help. "Now we just need to dispose of him, then see to it nobody ever finds the body."

"Shouldn't be t' hard, we can just place him somewhere in the pass. The natural hab'tat should do the rest." He assumed it was best, still a little quiet after witnessing cold blooded murder. It was outside the city limits however, beyond his jurisdiction no less. Therefore what he saw was merely self defense in nature, and by that classification he began to accept it. Still it troubled him to see such violence, and he hoped such a thing would no longer trouble them.

"A good idea, but where should we go exactly?" She kicked at Ketren's shoulder, the body gave way to the force but remained lifeless. Until at last Ricky knelt down to throw the body over his shoulder, with the back over instead so there would be no blood on his outfit.

"Leave that t' me lass, just make sure that blood spot is covered s'no one'll know what it is." Ricky responded as he situated the body more comfortably over his shoulder, Hannah agreed to the task and then Ricky went further along the path. He travelled more higher into the regions many didn't usually trek, until he felt sure he'd gone far enough to just leave the body by itself. He laid the corpse down on its back and noticed the same look of horror resided in his eyes, and as Ricky fought against the sadness of todays spilled blood, he pulled his eyes away and brought a hand over the corpses empty stare. "Sleep now..." It was a wish for peace in the next life, a thought spared even for the even so that hope for a better ending might still exist. This man's story ended here today, but for all the guard knew it could continue elsewhere in the next life. With the remorse finally through its course Ricky stood straight up with one last look to the body, the everlasting sleep bound to the form as he gave a silent farewell to the fallen enemy. With the sun nearly down it was time to meet back with Hannah, and reunite with his father to learn about this group of insurgence.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Nightmare In Paradise

Postby Ricky Maze on November 19th, 2013, 3:26 am

"Thanks again for the help back there," Hannah called out to Ricky once again as they both rushed into the city from the pass, "what exactly did your father want?" It wasn't more so a question but more of an inclination to help out, since her life threatening crisis had been dealt with by now.

"Papa said that 'e'd found a group o' Denvali that're plannin' t' a strike, said we could deal with 'em before they become a threat." Ricky explained between breathes as they ran further along into the city, they had to hurry as the sun finally went down now. The city lit by the laterns of night to guide the wandering civilian home, it was well past Ricky's time to go home from work but he'd been busy all day; now it was time to finish it and return to his beloved wife back home. "Said t' meet 'em on East Street somewhere, and then we'd look int' investigatin'."

"I sure hope he had enough patience, if you're always as stubborn as you are I can't imagine he's any better." Hannah crooned as they kept running into the heart of Zeltiva, when they finally came near the point to turn on East Street they finally slowed to a halt to catch their breath. After a short chime had passed with attempts to control their lungs, they finally started onward down the street to find his father. With the darkness of night about it wasn't easy to see but with Ricky a damn near spitting image, all they needed to see was an older form of him with but a scar on the face to call Burt. They made it halfway down the street with no sign of such a man... "Lovely, he's not here now. Care to guess where?" Hannah muttered between huffs as they both searched the environment.

"'e's s'ppose t' wait f'r us, he wouldn't go ahead if he'd needed 'elp." Ricky peered around a little worried, until something caught his eye from the corner of his view. Relief started to settle as his eyes fell on his father walking from the nearby alley, a lean on the wall as though he were patiently waiting for his son. That's when Ricky realised Burt hadn't been waiting, and his lean against the wall was more for standing support. "Papa!" Ricky called out with concern as he rushed forward, Hannah startled by the sudden outburst quickly followed Ricky with concern. She was already aware that something was wrong by the tone in Ricky's voice, and judging by the blood that covered Burt's arms and hands something definitely went wrong.

"Ricky..." The scar faced fisherman murmured as he finally raised his head, eyes full of hope now that his son had finally arrived. "Thank... thank Zulrav you came." The man fell forward into Ricky's arms as both he and Hannah gasped, the guard quick to ease his father down to the ground as he found little strength to remain standing. Hannah knelt beside Burt with wide eyes as she looked at his torso, the shirt ripped and torn with blood stains and several stab wounds. "Thank the gods you 're here... son." Burt gave a couple of weak coughs as shock filled the both of them, diabelief in Ricky's eyes as he looked into his fathers weary eyes.

"Papa... What happened? Who did this t' ya?!" Ricky cried in anger as he gripped at the side of his father's head, and cradled his upper body in his lap attentively.

"They knew... knew I was 'round." A couple more coughs followed as Burt sighed, his breaths short with pain as he continued to speak. "Poked in a lil' too early I guess." He forced a chuckle after the statement, even while the mood remained dark.

"You should'a waited! You shouldn't 'ave done a thing!" Ricky lectured sourly as a light grin appeared on his father's face.

"Just like yer mother... always so worried..." Burt looked into Ricky's eyes with a sense of peace. "You remind me o' 'er so much son, s'much spirit and vitality f'r life." Burt brought a hand up to his sons face, with the other over the center of Ricky's chest. "S'much heart..."

"I just got you back... I can't 'fford t' lose ya again pa." Ricky mourned as Burt softly padded his shoulder, tears already formed and streamed down his eyes.

"Ya haven't..." Burt took the hand over Ricky's heart and weakly pointed to it as he continued to speak. "I'm always here... Inside here... just as our friend Odis is... just as all yer friends are." Ricky grasped at the hand in further denial, disapproval in his expression to letting his father die. "Heeey... yer gonna be a father soon... best stay strong f'r the young'un, teach it everythin' it needs t' know of the world..."

"You still 'aven't taught me everythin'! Whose s'ppose t' give me advice, tell me stories t' teach lessons while I do the same?" Ricky remarked softly as Burt's breathing dulled to a slow pace.

"Hmph. Yer to old f'r stories now," a frail smile came on the sailor's face, with sincere eyes focused on Ricky's own, "but never forget..."

As Burt's arms started to grow heavy Ricky finished the sentence with his father. "I'll always be yer little boy..." In that moment as Burt finally took in his last breath Ricky held him close with sobs. "I love you pa! I love you, please don't leave me!" No matter how harsh he cried or how desperate he sounded, his father spoke no more words, nor made any more movement for that matter. Burt had died within the arms of his son and did so peacefully even after enduring the pain of his wounds, all because he wanted to see the face of his son before the end faded in. On the night of Fall 40th, 513 AV Burten died with the company of his son and a friend that became part of the family, and he did so with only few regrets in the lifetime he managed to live.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Nightmare In Paradise

Postby Matthew on April 10th, 2014, 8:47 pm

Ricky

Experience Points:

• Acting 3
  • Investigation 2
  • Intelligence 1
  • Interrogation 2
  • Meditation 1
  • Persuasion 1
  • Planning 2

Lores:

• Acting: Acting the Part of an Aggressive Brute
  • Acting: Throwing a Convincing Backhand
  • Interrogation: Questioning for Specific Information
  • Memories: The Best Day of His Life
  • Memories: The Day his Father Died
  • Morality: How to Justify your Actions
  • Morality: Murder is Murder
  • Observation: How to Tell an Experienced Warrior
  • Tactics: Sometimes You Have to Take Chances?

Additional Notes :
Another random thing I noticed. For me, it is really hard to read your speech because of the color. It is close to the same as the background. Just a small note, otherwise, good thread. Sad thread!

If you have any questions or concerns relevant to your grade, don't be afraid to send me a private message so that we can work it all out! Please remember to mark your Grading Request as Graded.

A shout-out to Ollic Rimesage, who was kind enough to make this template for me.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)