Completed Pinched!(Brandon)

A day in the Azure ends unexpectedly

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Pinched!(Brandon)

Postby Chari on October 12th, 2013, 6:47 pm

The Kelvic rolled her eyes at his smugness. He was going to try to get as much entertainment out of this as possible. Maybe she shouldn't have given in but she hadn't seen the harm in agreeing to his demand. It'd be amusing to see how the restaurant's usual patrons reacted to the thief sitting amongst them. She'd enjoy seeing their reactions, it'd make the Skyglass a far more interesting place than usual.

She slapped the top of his arm hard. "Stop complaining, you ungrateful shyke. You should be thankful that I'm helping you at all considering what you did to me," she retorted, her tone sharp but her eyes danced with amusement. He was actually quite funny in his own way, she supposed. He was definitely different to the other people that she'd met in Lhavit. "Haven't got anything better to be doing than robbing poor, defenceless young woman? I can't say I'm surprised," she teased, smiling coyly.

She raised an eyebrow when he mentioned breaking his bed and had to cover her mouth to hide her grin. I'm so dirty minded, she thought, doing her best to keep her expression hidden. "Oh you broke your bed, did you? And how did you manage that? Or do I even want to know?" Chari laughed, giving up the pretence. He was laughing along with her and she didn't know if it was because of what she'd said or whether it was because of some thought that he'd had but they both grew serious when he discussed hurting his ribs. Her expression was sympathetic but quickly changed to one of surprise when he got up and fetched his cape.

"Oh! You're going, okay then." She was surprised that he was going already but she shrugged, knowing that it was inevitable. The woman still didn't know his name or where to find him or anything. She was about to ask him when he interrupted her with his question.

Her mouth fell open and she stared at him. "What? Do you think you're the gods' gift to women or something? Why would I- I'm not even in heat," she blurted and then clapped her hand over her mouth. She knew it was too late and that she'd given too much information. It was never wise to let any male know that there was a time when you found them irresistibly attractive. Maybe he wouldn't pick up on that. She could hope, right? It was better for her to keep her mouth shut.

x
| Nari | Common |
Chari
The Playful Pup

Words: 30912
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2013, 11:37 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Pinched!(Brandon)

Postby Brandon Blackwing on October 13th, 2013, 1:51 pm

Oh? So he wasn’t the Gods greatest gift to womankind? He couldn’t say he was surprised. He never really thought he was. His looks didn’t matter much for him. Okay, that’s a lie. Of course it mattered. But he didn’t care how people viewed him. The only opinion about his appearance that mattered was his own. He liked his face, his goatee. His clothes. Especially his cloak.

But clothes were just clothes. They didn’t add anything to one’s personality. You were you, clothes didn’t change that fact. They only gave you an air. The air Brandon hoped he had achieved when wearing his cape was one of mystery. Unknown to all but himself. Anonymous.

Still, being nothing more than a shade had it’s downsides as well. He wasn’t really himself when he wore his hood and mask. He couldn’t be as talkative as he usually was. He had to act like a hooded figure was supposed to act. Quiet, intimidating, serious, businesslike. Nothing like him at all. The only thing he still was allowed to do was to spout dramatic lines. That, he liked.

His façade melted away like snow before the sun when he could not withhold his laughter. This girl was hilarious! He bended over, tears flowed over his cheeks, arms folded over his stomach, laughing like a madman. She had stuttered. His question had taken her of guard. She’d interrupted one sentence and started another, giving him too much information. His body was rocking up and down uncontrollably. He couldn’t stop the endless flow of ha-ha’s rolling over his lips.

He was running out of breath. There was a limit to how long a person could laugh without choking. He gasped for air between two series of laughter, reviving the sound to it’s former full tone. It was not nearly enough however. The intervals between every pant were getting shorter by the tick. He couldn’t keep it up much longer. He pinched his nose and locked his lips.

Panting heavily, the outburst of laughter stopped. The bat wiped the tears away and straightened up. He could just stop himself from starting over again when he laid eyes on the red-head. “Phew, okay, I think I have everything under control. You’re hilarious!” He paused, enjoying the moment. “Now why would you have feelings for me when mating season hasn’t started yet? You tell me, I recall you did fall for me a few chimes ago!” he teased.

He was really starting to like this girl. She made him feel at ease. And she was funny. She reminded him of his mother, but a less violent version. He closed his eyes, thinking back at times gone by. He missed her from time to time. Sometimes when he needed someone to talk to. Someone he could have fun with. Someone who liked him.

“But I am glad I’m not a magnet for females. It would be hard on me, dealing with that. I probably wouldn’t be able to handle the stress and lock myself up at home. And then I’d fade away, stripped of my freedom…” he stated, his grin still as omnipresent on his face as ever.

“So really, no love for sweet, little me?” he smirked “Are you sure you’re being honest with yourself here? Because I can be…” He shot a macho-like pose and ran his right hand through his long, grey hair. “Irre-sistable.” He slowly spoke the last word with a tempting voice and gave her a teasing wink and grinned his trademark grin.
Fighting Style and Techniques

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Estrellir Konrath
Brandon Blackwing
The master thief Incognito

Words: 1496963
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Pinched!(Brandon)

Postby Chari on October 13th, 2013, 8:10 pm

The Kelvic was indignant that he'd suggest such a thing. Crossing her arms across her chest, she glared at him, her expression flitting between contempt and disgust. How dare he suggest such a thing? He had no idea how she felt about anyone so how dare he assume that she had feelings for him just because she was letting him get away with what he'd done.

"I most definitely do not have any feelings for you whatsoever! Do you understand that? None! At all! Just because I'm letting you off does not mean that I like you! I don't like anyone at the moment.
I rarely do outside my normal...way of...things..."
she snapped, her voice trailing off at the end with embarrassment. Despite the flush that was coming into her cheeks, clearly showing how she was feeling, she pressed on.

"I am not attracted to you so you can stop with the stupid macho pose. Still not gods' gift to women. Stop being pathetic or better yet, just petch off." Chari sniffed and went to stalk away, remembering that she was on a rooftop only when she was tethering on the edge of it.

Gasping, she pulled back from the brink and placed a hand over her hammering heart. That was far too close for comfort and the ground was further beneath her than she would have liked. Groaning at her own stupidity and what she'd have to do she turned back to the man who she'd do recently snapped at.

She glanced at him and then at her feet. "On second thoughts, can you petch off after you help me down from the rooftop?" she asked, glancing up at him almost apologetically before looking away again. Now she was dependant on him and Chari didn't like that one bit. She pushed her wild and knotted hair back off her face and risked eye contact.

"Please can you help me down so that I don't break my neck? I'd really appreciate it. Could you do that for me...sorry but what's your name?" the Kelvic asked somewhat awkwardly.

x
| Nari | Common |
Chari
The Playful Pup

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Pinched!(Brandon)

Postby Brandon Blackwing on October 15th, 2013, 3:36 pm

Although her words tried to prove him wrong , the blush that was quickly spreading over her cheeks told him he had hit the mark. He wanted to point it out, but realized he’d just make her very cranky. And the girl already was quite mad. He wisely kept his mouth shut.

A smart move, but too late. The red-head was yelling at him to petch off, turning her back at him. He shrugged, whatever. He turned tail too and started walking away in the opposite direction of the angry woman. He’d just reached the edge of the roof and was wondering where he’d start to climb down, when an apologetic voice made him turn around.

It seemed the girl had forgotten they were standing on a rooftop and almost stepped into her doom. Now she needed, no, wanted his help because she couldn’t get down on her own. Well, she could, but it would obviously cost her her life. He sighed, placing his hand over his face and shook his head slowly. Unbelievable.

He glanced through the gap between his fingers as the girl was practically begging him to help her down. He groaned by the thought of having to carry this girl to street level. He lifted his face from the palm of his hand, giving the woman an annoyed look. “Geh…okay. But only because I’m such a gentle ba- err guy.”

Unsatisfied, the orange haired woman asked another question. She wanted to know his name. Should he tell her? Or rather, could he tell her? There was no guarantee she wouldn’t report him to the Shinya as soon as she knew his name. On the other hand, this could be the start of some sort of relationship. Like friends. And she did promise she wouldn’t report him for robbery. That didn’t mean she wouldn’t for verbal harassment or something…

After a quick discussion in his mind, he decided there was no harm in telling her his name. he bended slightly through his knees while bowing his upper body forward. Making an elegant gesture with both his arms he spoke: “Brandon Of The Black Wings, at your service!” As he straightened up, he remembered something his mother taught him a few seasons ago. ”But you know, it’s pretty rude asking a fellow’s name without stating your own first.”

He stepped towards the girl, mentally preparing himself for what he was about to do. It would probably be one of the most embarrassing things he’d done in his life. Or maybe not. It was just a matter of perspective. He dropped his left arm, placing it behind her knees. The other one supported her upper back, close to the shoulder. He lifted her horizontally off the ground.

The mischievous side of his personality acted up again, this was a perfect setting for a little bit of teasing. “Ooooh, gods you’re heavy!” He chuckled. Had her face become a bit redder just now? “Hold on tight, and don’t choke me! Do not forget your life depends on me now." With those words he let go of her knees and started clambering down the front side of the building.

The girl wrapped around his neck and only being able to use one hand were a pain in the butt. He had to be really careful. If his left hand could not find anything to hold on to, it would be over. For the both of them. Fortunately, the bat had been so smart to take the easiest side this time. A dead weight limiting your movements was really frustrating, and he thought of dropping the nuisance multiple times. Luckily for her the thief had taken a liking to the woman and refrained from doing so.

As if guided by the gods themselves, the duo reached the street in one piece. The bat freed himself of the girl clinging on his neck and wiped the sweat of his brow. He took a moment to rest his exhausted muscles. “This will cost you a…er…uhm….something. I need to think about that. Well, I‘ll come up with something.”

He spun on the heels of his boots, pointing his toes in the opposite direction of the red-haired woman. “Well then, see you around, in the Skyglass most likely, sometime soon.” Grinning triumphantly, he started walking down the street. He pulled the hood of his cloak over his head and looked back over his shoulder, giving her the most mysterious look he could manage. “Until we meet again…”
Fighting Style and Techniques

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Estrellir Konrath
Brandon Blackwing
The master thief Incognito

Words: 1496963
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Pinched!(Brandon)

Postby Chari on October 15th, 2013, 6:03 pm

He looked at her, his face disbelieving. Whether he couldn't believe her stupidity for nearly stepping to her death, that she wanted his help or something else, she didn't know. Her face clearly showed her relief when he agreed but she was a little confused by his slip up. What had he been about to say? What word started with ba- that would fit at the end of that sentence? She had no idea.

Chari watched him closely to see what he'd do but he seemed to be thinking about something. It dawned on her that he was probably questioning the intelligence of giving her his name. How many more reassurances had she given him that she wouldn't report him? But he seemed to think it was alright because he told her. A laugh escaped her and she covered her mouth as if to catch it.

"Sorry. I shouldn't laugh but your name sounds a little...funny," she apologised, uncovering her mouth but biting her lip to hide her smile. His comment surprised her. She'd never thought to give him her name. "Oh right, I would have thought it was the other way around...I'm Chari."

She watched him intently, waiting for him to tell her what to do or something but he just walked up to her and picked her up. She let out a squeal of protest. "I didn't say carry me down! Are you out of your mind?" she gasped, clutching him for fear of being dropped. The Kelvic gave him a reproachful look and hissed "Bastard" in his ear, blushing fiercely. She placed her arms around his neck, the movement strangely intimate and she found that she couldn't look at him anymore but he gave her plenty to distract her.

The girl whimpered when he moved to the edge and closed her eyes tightly, her grip around his neck becoming more firm. As they began to make their descent, her grip tightened dramatically and she had to remind herself not to choke him. "I don't like this. I really don't like this. You probably like this even less but I don't like this at all," she mumbled as she clutched onto Brandon. Think happy thoughts," she told herself but she was too terrified to think of anything else aside from the climb.

When she felt her grip loosened, she clung onto him in fright before belatedly realising that they were on the ground. She gladly let go of him then and leaned against the wall, shaking. Chari just nodded when he said that she owed him something. She didn't care, she was just happy to be on the ground in one piece.

[color=#8080FF]"Thanks,"
she murmured weakly, pushing her hair back off her face. As he walked away, she managed a faint smile at his dramatic pose and waved goodbye. Then he was gone.

Well today she had been full of adventure and surprises. She now knew a mysterious stranger and the day hadn't turned out as badly as she would have expected, considering.

When she regained some sort of composure, she made her way back into the Azure and returned to the stall with the dress she'd liked.

"I'll take that please," Chari told the stall owner bluntly. She counted out the right coins, shoved them into his hands and grabbed her dress. The Kelvic set off home to her apartment without another word, glad that the day's excitement was done.

x
| Nari | Common |
Chari
The Playful Pup

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Pinched!(Brandon)

Postby Elysium on November 27th, 2013, 4:27 pm

Chari

XP:
Running +3
Negotiation +2
Tracking +2
Persuasion +2
Climbing +2
Observation +1

Lore:
Lhavit: The Azure Market
Negotiation: Haggling
How to Track by Scent
Persuasion: The Power of Sympathy
Brandon Blackwing, Chivalrous Thief

Brandon Blackwing

XP:
Larceny +2
Observation +3
Acrobatics +1
Seduction +1
Climbing +2

Lore:
Lhavit: The Azure Market
Acrobatics: Free Running
How to Formulate a Plan
Climbing: Regaining a Foothold
Chari, the Kelvic

Awards and Penalties:
Chari receives one mohair emerald dress. Deduct 80 kina from her ledger!

Notes: This was certainly entertaining. For the record, mohair is the closest thing outside of silk in Kalea, but I definitely think you earned it, Chari. Just a few quick things. Brandon, I couldn't award you the 15 kina from the three other purses because you didn't in fact write through the process of actually stealing them. Sorry, company policy. Also, Chari, try to avoid that cursive font. I know it's pretty and all, but it's difficult to read. And finally, be wary of godmodding Brandon. I know you only did it once and cleared it with Chari afterward, just don't make it a habit. Under no circumstances should you try to control the actions of another PC without permission beforehand.

and so, the journey continues...
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Previous