Completed Rest For The Weary

[Storyline Act 2-2] With the passing of his father, Ricky and his family cope with the loss. Hannah feels the blame for Burt's death is her's, and Ricky tries to console the woman to the best of his abilities.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Rest For The Weary

Postby Ricky Maze on November 27th, 2013, 8:28 pm

Rest For The Weary
Fall 45th 513 AV, 11th Bell

The bitter chill of the rain and the season settled into the air of the city as two people stood over the grave of their departed family member, the rusted cutlass from the neighborly grave rested next to the tombstone that'd been made for the memory of the loved person. With "Burten Maze" strongly engraved on the face on the stone the words below were merely an understatement to the ideals of his son; Sailor, Fisherman, and beloved father. They weren't anywhere near enough powerful enough to describe the love and loss the family felt, and as Telion leaned in to Ricky while she mourned the guard held her closer than ever with a somber face. Today of all days was the day Zeltiva remembered the sacrifices of the fallen, but for Ricky it was accepting the loss of the one person he'd never wanted to lose again. His father and his hero both, Burten had just returned to him only but a season ago and now this... Now the man finally met his end in the very place he called home, instead of the dangers of the wilderness he traveled for so long. "I failed you Pa." That's all Ricky could think about for the past five days, how much of a let down he was for his father. The scar faced fisherman got to comfortable however, to bold in his approach for the darker nature that resided in the city. Zeltiva is at its very core dark, the manifestations of twisted and sinister souls within wait for a time to strike. To cut down the ones that aim to keep blot out such corruption, to weaken the very shield that threatens to root such evils out.

"I still can't believe... that he's gone." Telion whimpered softly still wrapped within the small blanket to keep warm. At this stage of her pregnancy it was vital to keep her comfortable in every form of aspect, which is exactly what Ricky's tried to do for his beloved even before their marriage came to be. Her mourning just didn't come from missing somebody close but from the fact she'd grown to love Burt just like a father in such short time. He'd done much for Ricky and even better been there for the couple when they needed someone.like him, thus Burt became somebody worth mourning... worth remembering.

"I know," He comforted his wife with a gentle rub over her shoulder, eyes still down to the tombstone and rusted cutlass, "he's still 'ere with us though. Even if his body rests 'is spirit remains with us, and with Odis now." He started to murmur the last part of his sentence, the memory of his dog present once more. "Twenty-four days..." It had been almost a year since Odis sacrificed his life for Ricky, and it was never forgotten by the guard to this day. Now Burten rests with the very dog who spent a lifetime before as his best friend. Ricky remembered the encounter well, even if it were a dream or fantasy in his head. Odis who was a man and best friend to Burt died before his time, and came back into this world as a dog to fulfill a promise. Now of course both Odis and Burt were reunited by an ironic sense of fate, and the stories they left behind would be ones Ricky would pass down on to his children. So that the next generations would remember their stories well, and the families that carried on would honor the memory of Burten and Odis.

Ricky glanced over at a tree in sight and noticed the color of his sisterly friend Hannah, the fire red an instant give away of her location no matter how hard she would try to blend in. "I'll be back." He spoke softly to Telion with an assuring look to her, and when she looked over to the direction he glanced at she knew where he was off to. Thus she silently approved to let him go, and remained watchful over the graves of the two beloved companions that rested before them. Ricky didn't wish to leave Tel behind but he didn't want to pull her around so much either, plus the fact Hannah had withdrawn from them since that night made it all the more difficult to approach her. Still she remained by the tree with deep sincerety, her pose suggested leaving already as Ricky approached but remained still. She knew she'd been seen and wouldn't run, not when it came to finally face the man she'd do anything for now; the man she'd think of as a brother after so much.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Rest For The Weary

Postby Ricky Maze on December 1st, 2013, 6:24 am

At first there was only silence between the two of them, the lonesome feel of pain present in the air between them. With the tension shown in her posture and the nibbly chill of the moist air Ricky finally sighed and broke the never ending quiet that ran between the two. "Look I know that ya feel bad Hannah."

"It was my fault Ricky." Hannah finally responded with an arm crutched at her other elbow, eyes glassy as they fell to the ground. "If you had chosen to go with Burten... if I hadn't come.along to pull you away from him.He would still be alive right now, instead he's... he's gone now." Shame filled her expression as her face seemed to drop even more, and Ricky merely looked at her with astonishment in his eyes. He was taken aback by how forthcoming she was, how harsh she had been on herself and the blame being placed, it all was so much to bear and yet this time it was her. Not him but her who bore the weight of this burden, and for the first time Ricky could actually see himself in anothers shoes right before his very eyes.

"It's not yer fault 'annah." Ricky finally said after a quick gulp, a slow approach to Hannah as she looked up to him with sorrow filled eyes. Regret filled the ice blue orbs that gazed up to him and with it tears slowly started to stream, and then the guard brought his arms up around Hannah's shoulders to bring her in close. He held her in a snug hug to help bring what comfort she could and she allowed herself to go, to finally cry and repeatedly apologize for the same thing to him. "There's nothin' t' forgive. You ain't done anythin' wrong at all, Pa died a quiet hero and he died with no shame." As the words rolled off Ricky's tongue he felt a mixed whirl of emotions; there was sadness because Burt was gone, anger because of how little time they had, pain because there wasn't anything to do but move on, and then pride in knowing his father died peaceful in the end.

"You're too nice..." Hannah finally gave a weak chuckle, as she backed off just a little to look him in the eyes. "And you never fail to amaze me." There was still the pain of regret in her eyes but she'd been recomposed, and with a hand to pull her hair behind her ear she glanced down to the ground once more, then back into his eyes with sincerety. "I always learn something new when it comes to you Ricky, and for me to put you in the spot like I did... That wasn't right to begin with." Ricky opened his mouth to cut in but she held a finger up to stop him, still unfinished with what she had to say. "I didn't show myself for the past few days.because I wanted to take care of the Denvali that killed Burt, it didn't take long to find and deal with them considering their actions." She admitted with little shame in the matter, but now Ricky had taken to remain silent as he didn't know what to say. "I know it was wrong to do but I couldn't help myself... I was angry, and they took something from you. Something you can't ever bring back."

"Why though? The Guard would've handled it." Ricky remarked with puzzlement in his eyes.

"The Guard did take care of it... I just gave them the tip..." She confessed with a slow nod and a bite of her lip. "And I just hated to see you get hurt like that."

"Well then..." Ricky planted his hands at his hips, not quite sure about the whole topic himself. "Guess that means we can work t' live honest lives now?" He suggested to Hannah with curiosity, a smile barely cracked just for a moment though after he said that.

"I couldn't agree more." She finally said to him with one last look into his eyes, admiration for her brotherly friend shown within.

"'Kay then," Ricky grabbed Hannah gently at the wrist, "Now let's go back t' Tel, and t'gether say farewell t' Pa and Odis." He suggested once more but this time more proddingly, which made Hannah chuckle a little as she wiped tears from her face. With a nod to him in approval Ricky guided Hannah over to Telion, where the two talked a little and then all three finally gave their partings to the grave stones before them.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Rest For The Weary

Postby Matthew on April 10th, 2014, 9:07 pm

Ricky

Lores:

• Emotion: The Pain of a Loved One's Death

Additional Notes :
Beautiful thread. I couldn't find much to award, but it was an excellent read. If you feel I missed something, please don't hesitate to let me know.

If you have any questions or concerns relevant to your grade, don't be afraid to send me a private message so that we can work it all out! Please remember to mark your Grading Request as Graded.

A shout-out to Ollic Rimesage, who was kind enough to make this template for me.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)