Completed Its Time To Begin!

[Storyline Act 3-1, Season Event Finale] The time has finally arrived in an unexpected manner for Ricky, however with the long awaited moment finally coming around everything the family knew is about to change.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Its Time To Begin!

Postby Ricky Maze on November 30th, 2013, 5:26 pm

It's Time To Begin!
Fall 85th 513 AV, 16th Bell

"I'll never f'rget that day, when you were finally born. In all the years I'd lived I'd never thought I'd felt as I did, but when you came along... my whole world just seem to change. You, and yer mother, were both the center o' my world now."

It started with a normal day as a guardian of Zeltiva as he always strived to be, when at last the afternoon asked that he relieve himself of his duty for the eve and retire home with his beloved. Thus Ricky walked along up the stairs of the complex to finally reach the second floor, and made his way through the sitting area and into the hallway that brought him to his room. Now usually Telion was alone when she waited but when Ricky arrived at the door this time he heard someone else, another woman in the room that held a familiar voice. "That's... That's 'annah aight." Ricky could tell by the sounds she made, sounds that were rather different compared to usual and regular social noises. "Hold the shyke, what the petch is goin' on?!" Slighty bewildered at what he heard Ricky opened the door, to find what he was heard actually revealed something else to go on.

On the bed laid a Telion in her night gown with a hand over the large bump over her abdomen and her other hand grasping Hannah's left hand tightly, whilst the firered haired woman sat at the edge and used her free hand to comfort his beloved by wiping off copius amounts of sweat. She turned right quick to the door when it swung ajar for Ricky to enter, "Ricky Maze! Get you're ass over here now!" Hannah shouted at him in earnest and cringed as her hand was squeezed tight, Telion's agony was made clear with a large and long groan that lasted half a chime. Until at last it was her turn to snap at him when she could finally breathe again.

"Petch you Ricky! This petching hurts!" She went into another heavy groan as Ricky ran to her side in shock, nearly at a loss to find what to say.

"She okay?!" He looked to Hannah to ask as he took Telion's hand from her, then experienced the pain his sister felt all on his own as she'd squeezed tighter than ever.

"No I'm not okay!" She cried out as Ricky mouthed "Ow" continuously, "I'm having your baby Ricky! Your petching baby and it petching hurts!" Ricky had never heard Telion use petch in the same sentence more than once, considering she hardly ever swore this made the situation all the more serious. However the shock of the news made his hand, as well as the rest of his body, go completely numb for just a few moments.

"The baby is comin'?!" Another cry of pain and squeeze of the hand and Ricky was brought back to reality, and that just moment had finally settled in as he looked to down at the bump once more. "Gah-ow! The baby's comin'!! Shyke shyke shyke!!"

"Shut the petch up already!" Hannah shouted at him in return, Ricky looked to her in a huge panic.

"What the petch am I s'ppose t' do?! I never dun' this.b'fore!!" He admitted with a cringe to follow as he thought he felt his left hand become crushed, then Hannah proceeded to slap him to bring back whatever sense she could.

"Well neither have I dumb ass, but I already know where to go!!" She retorted back to him fiercely, until finally Telion snapped at the both of them.

"Both of you, SHUT THE PETCH UP!!" The room grew silent save for the heavy breathing of Telion, both Ricky and Hannah looked down to her astonished. "I'm in labor, which means I-" Another cry of pain indicated the another contraction to squeeze Ricky's hand through, "I NEED to get to the Infirmary! Right now!!" She finally finished with a bite at her lower lip, her squeezes started to frequent more as he felt his hand go numb.

"Shyke, shyke, shyke!!" Ricky cursed with a look to Hannah, who'd looked to him at the same time. "I'll cradle her back, ye carry her legs!" He ordered in a suggestive form, Hannah of course nodded in agreement.

"You don't have to tell me twice!" She remarked as they situated themselves to pick up Telion, it took a few tries before they found a way to lift that would work, but it ended with Ricky and Hannah holding Telion with a shoulder each whilst they held her legs. Aside from the fact it was far different than the idea Ricky had it was a better way to carry her none the less, Telion was still cradled and now being taken to the Infirmary with all due haste.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on January 24th, 2014, 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Its Time To Begin!

Postby Ricky Maze on December 2nd, 2013, 2:44 pm

With a fantastic trip to the Infirmary with a few curious onlookers and congratulators, Ricky finally had some help carrying Telion to their destination with ease thanks to his fellow guards. Upon their arrival they too offered congrats to Ricky and wished that he and his family had the best of luck with their newborn, however that was only the trip there that had been accomplished. Now the time had come for the real scary part, which was the actual giving birth to a baby thing Ricky had to experience. Thankfully, Mistress Claira had been there today to keep her ever busy schedule; Ricky remembered her well in the few days he spent here in the Infirmary. Though old and wise she had been rather stern to him most of his visit in the summer, only because Ricky wanted to leave when he needed to rest.

With Claira quick to shuffle along her and a couple of apprentices she had brought Telion into a private room beyond a closed door, which of course Ricky and Hannah were with Telion to help comfort her as well. "Lovely to see you again Mrs. Maze, now can tell me how far apart are your contractions are?" Claira worked quickly to prep the bed Telion laid in for the delivery process, and spreaded her legs open into a position that Ricky knew had to be uncomfortable.

"They're... closer together now than earlier, I think the baby's coming early!" She whinced and groaned further as she squeezed onto Ricky's hand tightly, as the guard looked between her face and Claira's whilst the elderly woman counted the time between the contractions.

"Babies come when they're ready to come dear, ain't no mistake this one is ready to come out now." She remarked calmly as she counted, until finally the next contraction came along some odd chimes later. "Its not time yet dear, but when it comes you'll know. I'll ready some herbs to ease the pain, for now relax and remember to breathe." With that said Mistress Claira sent off her apprentices for the herbs while she still counted, likely waiting until the ticks or chimes needed to pass would do so before they followed through with the delivery.

"Telion," Ricky murmured while she continued to practice regular breathing habits, "I know I said I'm ready then but... I'm scared now." Her grip at his hand tightened a little as she felt another contraction, but afterwards her grip softed a little as she looked up into his eyes.

"You'll do fine Ricky." She encouraged him and Hannah looked to Ricky with a smirk, her expression revealed her agreement with Telion as well.

"Gods I sure do hope so." He muttered with low self confidence as the apprentices returned with a jar, Claira took what must be the herbs and applied them where needed. Ricky couldn't really see what she was doing, but he knew what ever it was worked because Telions grip wasn't tight anymore. Now with just the few more moments needed to pass, the delivery of their child would.finally begin.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Its Time To Begin!

Postby Ricky Maze on December 2nd, 2013, 9:12 pm

With the contractions finally lessened, or at least the pain they caused lessened, the couple had the chance to engage in what small conversation they could whilst Claira continued to count the contractions. With Hannah there to share in the moment their wonder for what the baby would be was met with anticipation. Then of course there was the decision to name the child of course, which the three agreed on one easy thing of course. Should the child be a boy then Telion would be the one to name him, if it were a girl of course then Ricky would name her. What names they had chosen of course had to wait, as Telion suddenly cringed a little from what seemed like another contraction. "Mistress Claira! I feel the need to push!" She alerted the good doctor with short breaths, Claira rose quick to her feet from the chair and went to Telion's lower anatomy to inspect the area.

"Oooh, this is it dear! You're gonna have to take deep breaths and do as I say understand!" She instructed to Telion, who nodded right away, and then looked to Ricky next. "Mr. Maze, you and your friend here need to be positive. Encourage her as she needs it and be the supportive man you've always been!" Ricky nervously nodded as he looked down to Telion nearly terrified, almost regretful that he'd put her through such troublesome pain. Yet there was hope in her eyes, even if she looked exhausted and sweaty. Even if she had gone through so much in one day she still seemed hopeful, and for that Ricky too found himself able to hope for the light at the end of the cave. Both he and Hannah had one of Telions hands whilst the woman focused on taking slow deep breaths, until finally Claira gave the word on what to do next.

"Breath in good like that dear, and then push!" Ricky's eyes bulged as he didn't think Telion would be literally pushing the child out, but with the iron grasp she had over his and Hannah's hands she pushed hard with an extended grunt. Both Ricky and Hannah felt the pain of overly squeezed hands but they endured, even if the old fracture in Ricky's right hand flared with pain. Telion paused and huffed several times and Claira encouraged her further, "That's good, that's very good dear! Now another deep breath; and push!"

Telion listened and picked up on the pattern real quick, each time she pushed she gave it her all for the mistress. Ricky and Hannah also encouraged her and commend her progress so far, to keep on going as she had to be nearly there by now. "Yer doin' fantastic love, just a little more." Ricky glanced occasionally between Claira and Telion, hopeful looks constantly exchanged with the couple each time their eyes met.

"Just one more big push dear, one more and that's all you need!" Claira instructed further as Telion tried to take another breath in, she'd grown completely exhausted from the whole process and felt ready to give up and rest.

"Get it out please, just get it out!" She cried out as Claira looked up to them, disapproval evidently clear in her expression.

"Not now, just one big push for me!" She said once more to Telion, Ricky and Hannah gripped Telion's hands a little tighter as they encouraged her further.

"Just one more love and that's it, you can do it and ya know ya can." It was a sincere type of cheer that brought Telion to try once more, one deep intake of air led to her slightly leaning as she tightened her grasp around their hands once more, and then the final push came with a cry out from the pain of effort. Success.

Claira's face brightened as she guided the newborn out from under the gown and into a few towels prepped for the child, and Telion finally found herself able to relax once again as the room grew silent. It was that moment spent in wonder, in worry that the little one may not make its first sound. The air grew tense as the next few seconds became years of patience for the family... until at last the baby finally made its presence in the world known, with its own first cry.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Its Time To Begin!

Postby Ricky Maze on December 2nd, 2013, 9:58 pm

Song :
Fits the moment:
[youtube]v=HhZ1BdMtw_Q[/youtube]

"It's alive... our babe..." The moment was to great for him to comprehend, to grand and immense to contain all at once. Ricky started to tear up as they finished cleaning off the newborn and wrapped him snuggly in another clean towel, a bright smile on Mistress Claira's face as she brought the child over to the three, and carefully handed the new mother her baby whilst the three took in the awe of the moment.

"Congratulations to the two of you, the baby's just a bit early but will do just fine so long as you take care of him." She instructed on final time rather proud to stand and witness a moment of life in the world. "You've a fine boy there."

"Boy?!" The word left Ricky's tongue with amazement, after the chances of him having either boy or girl being considered he'd happily taken either... but to actually have a boy brought some sort of uplifted feeling in Ricky, a sort of proud and strong compassion grew as he looked down at the little infant in Telions arms. They all cooed at the child and the sounds he made and murmured softly to one another, as if a mere word to the miracle they had been given would silence it.

Hannah gave a soft gasp before she spoke, her sincere eyes moved from the face of the baby to Ricky's. "Ooo, you've got a look-a-like alright, he's got your nose for sure."

"I think he looks good with me nose." Ricky cracked with a wide smile as he placed his index finger in one of the infants tiny hands. "My God he's so small though, he'll probably be 's tall 's 'is mother."

"I already doubt that." Tears of joy had already streamed down Telion's face, even with the exhaustion she still felt energetic to meet her young one. "He's so beautiful." She added with a joyous smile to Ricky.

"You could say that again." The infant yawned after Hannah said that and they all cooed once more, a gentle smile placed on Telion's cheek from Ricky as he proudly watched his son breath slowly as he rested in his mothers arms.

"What're we gonna name 'em Tel?" He finally brought up the topic once more, a smile still on her face as she looked to her husband.

"I thought maybe Odis, or even Burt like your father." She spoke calmly as she looked down at the baby, but after Ricky spoke her eyes went back to him.

"Naw, we can save those names f'r later," As he spoke he looked from the small baby and the hand that barely held his finger and deeply into Telion's eyes, "what d'ya think 'bout... Martin." The name came straight from the heart, a name he felt sure would belong to the child given his beloved approved.

"Martin?" She questioned it but did so with a grin, as did Hannah at first, but with a smile and Ricky giving a nod she seemed to agree. "I like Martin. Martin Maze." She repeated the name once more as it settled in, the family eased into a peaceful comfort that filled them with awe and wonder as they watched young Martin further.

With that decided and the whole of labor come to pass, young Martin Maze had been born on the 85th of Fall around the 18th Bell. The family which consisted of Ricky Maze, his beloved wife Telion, and his adopted sister Hannah welcomed the newborn child whole heartedly.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Its Time To Begin!

Postby Matthew on April 10th, 2014, 10:03 pm

Ricky

Experience Points:

• 1 Bodybuilding

Lores:

• Emotion: Oh Gods The Baby is Coming
  • Emotion: What it is Like to be a Father
  • Medicine: The Sight of Childbirth

Additional Notes :
Great thread! It is a pleasure to read about these sort of events. The point in Bodybuilding is for helping carry a pregnant woman. I felt it was appropriate.

If you have any questions or concerns relevant to your grade, don't be afraid to send me a private message so that we can work it all out! Please remember to mark your Grading Request as Graded.

A shout-out to Ollic Rimesage, who was kind enough to make this template for me.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)