Completed A Quiet Return

Ariann finally returns to Zeltiva from her long swim back from Nyka.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

A Quiet Return

Postby Stitchens Plint on January 9th, 2014, 1:43 pm

Stitchens opened his mouth to respond, but shut it just as hastily. She had caught him with an awkward question he had little to no idea answering. To his awareness, he had said little about a knowledge of women. Tracing his thoughts around his recent words, the man's brows furrowed. Oh! The Fertility comment! He knew that men could be lame and infertile too, their seed duds, incapable of fulfilling their duty.

He was considering how to answer in the least awkward manner when - by his lucky stars - someone else entered the conversation. He turned on them quickly, as if ready to clock them right in the face, but of course in this era that was just a precaution... With the familiar uniform noticed right off, tension near poured from his tensed and exposed muscular arms. He had no reason to pummel a Wave Guard, not with the hard work they do to defend Zeltiva and its denizens.

It took no expert to tell that this man knew the Charoda Ariann. Now that he had turned towards Ricky, he would see one reason why the broad man had hit it off so easily with the sea-woman. Stitchens and Ariann shared the mark. While Ariann's was on her hand, Stitchens' was a curled snake on his cheek, rising so that a wing hung over his left eye. Though he had the physique of a warrior, he was most definitely a healer. Of course, Ricky might have seen him running about or around the University while the healer was on duty, which would steal any surprise.

"Hello!" He chimed. His voice was deep but bright, the kind tone of a healer indeed. He takes a step towards Ricky and offers a hand. "A pleasure to meet you, Ricky Maze. Stitchens Plint's the name, Stitches and Splints are the game. Healer for the University."
White = Common
Blue = Kontinese
Stitchens Plint
Healing Hand of Rak'Kali

Words: 21314
Joined roleplay: January 1st, 2014, 4:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Quiet Return

Postby Ariann on January 10th, 2014, 3:43 am

Ariann's question flew out the window with the arrival of Ricky. At first, Ariann's heart almost leaped out of her chest from the sudden introduction from the wave-guard. It wasn't until the man said his name where Ariann's eyes widened and her heart dropped into her stomach. Ricky?! She couldn't help herself from letting her mouth gape a bit in astonishment.

And then reality struck her. "Ricky!" She cried with shock, putting face to voice and realizing that her long-lost crush was standing on the other side of Stitchens. She pushed past him when he offered Ricky his hand and quickly dove onto the wave-guard, wrapping her arms about his neck and hanging tightly onto him with a happy squeal.

She hung there for a moment, nuzzling into his neck, her skin cold against his own. But then she remembered Telion, and what Ricky had stated about him and Ariann, and how they could not be as close as Ariann wished them to be. He was taken. Slowly, she pulled herself from the wave-guard, putting reigns upon her feelings as she felt her feet touch the ground as she stepped back. Her head dipped sadly and her arms went to clasp before her in the way she normally had them. She looked rather downtrodden, her cheeks blazing blue from shock, awe and embarrassment at her own reaction to his arrival.

"I... I'm sorry, Ricky... I forgot about what you said before I left. I promise to refrain from..." she thought on it a moment. What did the humans call it when the air seemed to halt conversation and the tension built to an unbearable point. "... making things awkward." That was it. Her emerald eyes went to Stitchens, with an apologetic look that she couldn't put to words. It almost seemed that she was sorry for leaping onto Ricky during their greeting, but she was unable to say it to him.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play Ariann until my life stabilizes. Sorry in advance to whoever ends up loosing out on threads because of this :\

I am now an official Grader of Mizahar! Happy squeals for all! ^_^ I will be focusing primarily on Zeltiva, but if another region needs cleaning up, let me know! I have a TON of free-time and I always enjoy reading other's threads!

[Unrelated] "(╯ಠωಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ I quit!"

(Signature courtesy of the awesome Shausha!)
Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Words: 94839
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2013, 10:13 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

A Quiet Return

Postby Ricky Maze on January 10th, 2014, 8:16 pm

Tanroa must've at least graced him with the gift of good timing if anything else, the guard had found himself at a humble but protective manner with Ariann. His paternal instinct dictated his actions nowadays and to him she was still a child of sort, one he had taken to keep safe from any threat since sshe first walked on land. Still with his intervention he could rest easy now knowing this Stitchen guy wouldn't plan to do anything "romantic" with her later on, seeing as how she definitely needed a couple more years of learning before those type of rituals went on. That must be the fatherly part of his nature there, even if she wasn't his own his very nature reflected the desire to keep his own safe; only because she still had much to learn. Still Ricky held an easy smile even with a gruff humble tone in his voice, a hand brought up to meet the new stranger until Ariann herself jumped inbetween. There was a quick gasp but a laugh quickly followed as Ricky felt the cool moist skin of the Charoda against him, amusement in her reaction full of vigor as she yelped his name in earnest.

But then of course her retreat back proved rather sudden in a sulk, as though she may have overly reacted upon seeing him once more. Yet Ricky's smile didn't vanish, only faded a little as he listened to the words she finally spoke. Her memory had returned to the day she had left when he told her about their relationship, how he saw her more as a close friend and a child he'd feel happy to take care of. Yet even with her promise to avoid "making things awkward" Ricky's amusement merely elevated further, thus he couldn't help but laugh out loud after she made it. "Awkward?! Lassie believe me, nothin's awkward anymore after what Oi 'ave dealt wi'!" He bellowed out as he clutched the slight pudge of his belly, he had put on a bit of wintry weight since after Martin had been born. "Still 'tis gran' t' see ye again, an' 'tis gran' t' meet ya as well Stitchens." He nodded to the other healer with ease as he rested his hands at his waist, his night had only just gotten all the more interesting.

"So ye're both are 'ealers den aye? Gran' for both o' ya, its a job Oi can definitely approve 'ave." He pointed to his abdomen as he mentioned the approval part, aware that he definitely wouldn't be here without the touch of a healer's aid. That day was a dark and terrifying day for his friends and family; but with it passed and his own son born almost a season ago, Ricky has definitely proven strong enough to persevere in difficult times. That's what made him strong even now, and that's why he would continue his struggle; so that both Telion and Martin lived happy normal lives.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on January 24th, 2014, 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Quiet Return

Postby Stitchens Plint on January 11th, 2014, 12:22 am

Stitchens withdrew the offered hand as the Charodae jumped the guard. It was hard to suppress the full girth of his grin at the display of affection. He had known the woman was a sweet person in general, and now he seemed to notice just how sweet she was on other people too. Maybe he shared some of Ricky's paternal instincts, he too felt a duty to defend her blissful innocence. Then again, he was a healer, he felt the need to defend everyone. From what Stitchens could tell, Ricky was a guard who took his job seriously, the fatherly bit was not an overly obtuse fact. Either way, he could respect the man.

Then Ariann was recoiling like a chided child. Tilting his head in question, he wanted nothing more than to step up and comfort her. He considered the idea carefully and thought it best not to. There were old wounds here, it seemed. "I could say the same. Guards have no easy chore, I estimate. At least I'm not up at all hours of the night... Well, excluding tonight of course." The change of topic he hoped would clear the air. He hated awkward moments, it just was not in his nature to let them stand. If they needed time, he would give it, but for the moment it seemed the psychological wounds had yet to heal. Leaving them alone might not be the best thing for either party involved.

"I thought about joining the Wave Guard once, for the defense of others... but I considered Rak'kali's path was something not quite so glorious as battles with vandals or thugs." No, he is kept cozy up in his cottage near the University, always on call, half of the day he sits in the infirmary, paid quite a deal more for something he would have done (and some time does) for free.
White = Common
Blue = Kontinese
Stitchens Plint
Healing Hand of Rak'Kali

Words: 21314
Joined roleplay: January 1st, 2014, 4:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Quiet Return

Postby Ariann on January 11th, 2014, 12:41 am

Ariann had quite a few things to think about, now. Stitchen had done well with the topic change, but Ariann's eyes still remained at the feet of the wave-guard, her childish demeanor being that of a scolded pup. Ricky could reassure her all he wants that nothing would be awkward between them, but Ariann's feelings would always make it awkward. She'd gone through too much concerning Ricky to think that she'd get over it in a simple snap.

Her memory flew back to Nyka, only weeks after her uncomfortable departure from Zeltiva. She had leapt out of the water with the help of her Reimancy and barrel-dove into a man that looked startlingly like Ricky in nearly every obscure way. Well, except his hair... and his clothes... and his appearance as a whole... but he did act a lot like Ricky, having had fatherly-like intentions on keeping her safe while she was in Nyka. He'd even saved her from a gang of sailors that were trying to figure out her Charodan anatomy.

She cleared her throat meekly, "I've always been a healer, Ricky... but I'm not too good with it yet. I've had some practice while I was in Nyka, but not enough for me to be considered a competent one in the art... even with Rik'keli's blessing upon me." She mumbled, her voice soft and sweet... with only the slightest hint of awkwardness in it. She kept her eyes down as she spoke, and her head was tilted as well. She didn't want either of the men to see the dark blue spots on her cheeks from thinking of Ximal back in Nyka.

"It is good to see you again, Ricky..." She muttered with a nod, lifting her eyes up to his torso as if trying to compensate for the lack of eye contact by staring at his chest. "I see Telion's been keeping you healthy." She observed, but then her eyes widened. Oh, no! He's going to think I called him fat! She thought to herself, quickly stammering a repute before he could say anything, "I-I'm not calling you fat, though!" She corrected herself, her entire face almost turning as blue as the sea from embarrassment. What a way to talk to a man you like after not seeing him for a few decent seasons... She mentally scolded herself, frowning pitifully.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play Ariann until my life stabilizes. Sorry in advance to whoever ends up loosing out on threads because of this :\

I am now an official Grader of Mizahar! Happy squeals for all! ^_^ I will be focusing primarily on Zeltiva, but if another region needs cleaning up, let me know! I have a TON of free-time and I always enjoy reading other's threads!

Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

A Quiet Return

Postby Ricky Maze on January 13th, 2014, 12:50 am

Ricky gave a hearty chuckle along with his warm smile as he listened to what Stitchens said, as a man he certainly had the fit for a guard and even seem to hold the air of discipline required for one. Yet the troubles that came with the duty were quite heavier compared to what most would consider, in this case the follower of Rak'keli was quite correct with the difference the paths. From what Ricky knew healers weren't really fighters on the battlefield, even if they were trained for combat it would go against the morals of any healer to do harm unto others. Ricky definitely had much to think on just how different their roles are, but he more so felt they were a lot alike in the end. Just as exist to protect the people around them healers do the same, even if the role asks for a different manner in doing so. "Aye, best stick wi' what ye're given. Oi would wager dat ye'd make a gran' guard, but yisser role in life definitely follows a different path." He confirmed his belief in the opinion with a friendly nod, and since Ariann was close enough to see it, for a moment the copper mark behind his left ear would just barely reveal itself to her.

That mark existed due to his exchanged vow with Telion, the symbol created in their unity. Yes Ricky had married the love of his life, and yes the two had their first child together nearly a season ago. However that didn't stop Ricky from being friendly with other women, so long as he kept to his vow he would always treat everyone the same. Equal to one's own individuality, and considerate to everyone's own feelings. For Ariann this meant he certainly viewed her as a friend of good stature, and took it to heart to see she too found happiness as well. "Besides de world needs more people like us in it after al', while people like me stan' as de dividin' line for safety an' danger, it be people like ya dat make sure de world's truly a better place." He finished with a humble sense of philosophy, the more enlightened part of him started to show. Zeltiva being a place for knowledge and elightenment a lot of intellectual beings tended to reside here, and Ricky certainly counted himself among them.

Ariann's comment on his slight weight gain made him laugh, even more so when she tried to clarify the intent behind the meaning. It felt good to see even after a few seasons had passed she still remained the same, even if she might've grown only just a little bit. "Aye Oi 'ave gained a bit o' fat on me," He padded his belly a few times as he said that, "more so while Telion went through 'er pregnancy really, but after winter passes Oi should shed some o' it roi off." He spoke a little cheery as he continued, enthusiastic about the new work out routines he would be planning out come the new year. He then held a proud fatherly smile that showed a minor solemn touch, as he too remembered the words Ariann spoke before she left. "We 'ad a fella ya know, energetic wee tyke he is too. 'is name is Martin," Although joyful in telling her about it Ricky also wanted to avoid bringing any pain, unsure if she still thought of him the same as before, "Oi sure would like ya t' meet 'im sometime Ariann." He added with a more humble tone of voice, a gentle smile on his face as he waited to hear her response.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on January 24th, 2014, 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Quiet Return

Postby Ariann on January 15th, 2014, 12:43 pm

Stitchens LeftFor whichever moderator reads this and grades it, Stitchens has left around this point, retiring his character. We dunno why, so we are assuming he just left without a word.

The mark behind his ear bared itself like a dagger from a sheath to Ariann. She could already tell what it was. She didn't quite understand why he had marked himself, but she knew the significance behind it. Still, he never ceased to have that friendliness that Ariann had learned to love about him.

When the talks of pregnancy came up, Ariann's cheeks flushed vivid blue at the thought. The process of pushing a full-grown child from one's loins was both an embarrassing sight and a painful experience. But still, it gave life upon the land in the form of a small child. Ariann had seen the process before. It had seemed like the woman would perish from giving birth, and according to rumor, they sometimes did. Ariann let her eyes wander from Ricky and back to Stitchens who -- wait... where was Stitchens?

Frowning, Ariann assumed he had left as quickly and quietly as he had approached her this evening. She felt her heart sink a bit. Another goodbye lost... and I had just started to like the man... she thought sourly, a sorrowful expression on her face as she looked back to Rick upon mention of the child. She bobbed her head slightly, "I will come see the child, if you wish... but I don't know what to do with children..." She muttered uncertainly. She'd seen kids running about Zeltiva before, but they were many seasons old and strong enough to take a tumble without getting much more than a scratch... yet this one would be new-born, pink-fleshed and soft as the algae that flotsams upon the water's shore. Fragile and weak and if she pressed too hard in one spot, it could very well perish. The thought just about brought a tear to Ariann's eye, but the saline solution was held back so Ricky would not see it. Ricky had already seen enough crying. Ariann would not force him to see more.

Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

A Quiet Return

Postby Ricky Maze on January 16th, 2014, 5:05 am

It was a moment of silence that followed as Ricky waited to hear Stitchen's speak in turn, but of course with the sudden ghastly silence in the cold both Ricky and Ariann found that their third socialite had vanished. Gone without a trace as if he were by some mere chance a ghost or memory, it wouldn't haven't surprised Ricky considering he'd been dealing with a "ghost" of his own. "Wait, where did de petcher go t'? Bloody damn rude t' just up an' leave in de middle av a conversation." He showed a bit of distaste in the act with a bit of a red face, though that could easily be mistaken for the cold that settled in as well. Yet where Ricky's face turned more so red Ariann's seemed to pale into a blue color, which he could only surmise was either the cold or a blush from his no doubt cheesy talk.

Ricky knew good and well the words he spoke could be amusing or interesting, because even though they may come off strange they still held truth within their modesty. Ariann of course spoke honestly about her idea on the situation, more so about the fact she's never really interacted with children before. Knowing her luck this would be the first time she would see an infant child, and maybe even hold one if she felt confident enough to do so. The guard held a warm smile as he rested his hands on her cold shoulders to encourage her further, "Tell ya what lassie, ye don't 'ave t' meet Martin unless ya feel up t' it. Al' ye 'ave t' do is meet de fella an' see f'r yerself what a joy 'e is." Ricky assured her with a hearty chuckle, aware that she might feel better with just seeing the baby. If she agreed to it then Ricky would by all means escort back to his place so she could meet the baby, as well as his good wife considering she waited there for Ricky. If she decided against it though or opted for a better time then he could understand her reason even if it remained unknown, and would respect it either way.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on January 24th, 2014, 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Quiet Return

Postby Ariann on January 20th, 2014, 10:09 pm

Ariann felt a subtle smile curve the edges of her lips as Ricky tried to assuade her into seeing the kid. He was rather nice about it, too. "Alright, Ricky." She said with a gentle nod of her head, stepping back a moment, "I will see the child... but not today." She had a strange feeling in her stomach. A mix of apprehension, fear, guilt and slight anger at Stitchens vanishing the way he did. It was the feeling you got at the top of a large cliff when you looked over. The kind that felt like your stomach was dropping.

She let a sigh escape her lips, "I've... I've got to go now, Ricky. I'm sorry." She muttered. She'd never really had much chance to fully explain to him just why she continued to leave so abruptly as she did around Ricky, but she still paused long enough to look him in the eye before her eyes darted down to her feet again. She still couldn't get over the fact that Ricky was a father with a child and a wife. It was something her imagination would not let her see.

She clamped her eyes shut as she turned and abruptly leaped off the pier, the water reaching out to catch her as she splashed in, the water rippling in her wake. Under the water, the cool and crisp hold of the sea welcomed her as she turned, back-paddling with her feet as she drew back from the pier towards the open sea until she could see Ricky's face, even if it was a distorted view from the water's rippling surface. He would not be able to see her from beneath the waves, but she looked at him with a bit of regret. She didn't truly know if she'd get the guts to go see his child, even though some part of her truly wanted to. The pitted feeling in her stomach grew as if she longed for something that she could not have.

And then she swam.

Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

A Quiet Return

Postby Ricky Maze on January 21st, 2014, 8:45 am

There was a pleased smile that clinged to the corner of Ricky's lips as Arianne gave in, the willingness to meet his baby boy a satisfaction to his fatherly pride he had about him. Yet when Arianne seemed to hesitate and decide that perhaps a later date would do, that overbearing grin he held onto faded away in the instant she started to inch back. There was a sort of expression on her face he failed to comprehend at first, off hand he could maybe guess that she felt guilt? Was it guilt or was it suffering? Maybe she felt something about him she didn't know how to explain, beforehand she found it a little bit easier to say something. Now that Ricky was both father and husband she now well knew he wasn't available, yet still had to cope with such terms on her regard since they were her feelings.

"Arianne, wait now Oi-" Ricky reached forward as though he wanted to stop her, console her about whatever it was she may have wanted to hide away, but alas his hesitation provided the window of opportunity for her to leave. With but a moment to leap she was in the water before he could finish the sentence, a sort of sadness filled his expression as he let his hand drop with but a sigh. "Oi'll be 'ere... if ye need me." Though the crippling cold and darkness prevented him from seeing her in the water, intellect proved sharper than instinct this time as he refrained from giving chase. Though she may yet to have gone so far he doubted she would come back in time, thus an polar plunge into the icy water definitely remained out of impulse for this Wave Guard.

Little did he know that she could still see him of course, even deep within the embrace of the frigid sea, she very well could see the troubled expression he held onto unwillingly. It pained him to see she suffered, just as it was with Leila too. There was always something he did, something he wanted to avoid but never seem to found a way. It was his riddle without an answer, a puzzle with a missing piece. Ricky once again learned that he brought on suffering, suffering he caused onto another. Whether she hid it or not Ricky knew good and well, after his own trials in the past, how to see when one suffered pain. Whether it was physical brought by some controlled force, or emotional felt by the resonance of heartache; Ricky understood good and well how both worked. They were forces beyond his control even if he did his best to avoid both, and it hurt him so to know when others were in a situation filled with suffering.

"Why? Gods, why do Oi 'ave t' go roun' 'urtin' people." The notion brought a short chuckle of bitter amusement as he paced around for a moment, lost in the wonder with how he could attempt to patch things up between him and Arianne. Just like with Leila he would need to confront her with some sort of convincing speech, only this time it would be to console a young Charoda who has yet to fully live her life. That and well... Leila proved to be more pissed rather than sad, but both women had the look of a broken heart all the same. For Ricky that meant he was charged with the promise of making things better between them, even if that meant consoling Arianne at a time where she truly felt ready to express her secret thoughts. For now though Ricky had to finish his route and then retreat back home, with much thought given to his future actions along the way, and then Ricky finally found himself in the slight warmth of the room as he greeted the family that awaited them.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext