[Anona's/Fae's Scrap] Scrappy-Doo

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Faelith Skyglow on February 24th, 2014, 5:29 pm

So, the scrapbook. I'm not entirely sure if there is any real general format to player scrapbooks, but I'll probably be using mine to ramble about my PCs in ways that I don't think I could do IC or in their Plotnotes.

So I was planning in this sorta vague, long-term way of having Faelith kidnapped and sent to Sunberth as a slave to fight in the Blood Pits, and. Well. Believe you me I'm still totally into the idea of Fae using Reimancy + her Gnosis mark on the offensive and overgiving like crazy and absolutely losing her mind, but I'm actually thinking about a different direction for her now. Assuming all goes well, she's going to start posting next season (less than a week! can't wait!) and Ablation has been really wonderful in agreeing to mod Faelith's getting a job at the cemetery in Avanthal; the more I think about it, the more I really like the idea of Faelith becoming a coffin-carver, determined to create coffins that reflect the depths of the recently departed.

Of course, that all depends on if Vantha even use coffins. I'll definitely need to go and reread the cemetery info post in Avanthal ASAP. And even if that doesn't work out, there's an absolutely wonderful song by Florence that is entirely appropriate for this conversation right outside the frames.

That's all for Faelith, I think! I'll definitely be rambling about her some more as time goes on, and I really, really need to get some thouhts about Anona off of my chest as well. I'll try and keep a pretty steady balance of posts between the two of them as I go along.

Ooh, almost forgot those nice rules everyone's keen of using.
THE RULES
+be nice
+stay cute
+stay fierce

Last edited by Faelith Skyglow on February 24th, 2014, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anona -- Faelith
Faelith Skyglow
Player

Words: 15402
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2014, 6:55 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Anona on February 24th, 2014, 5:44 pm

let's get this party started

Anona.

Oh, Anona.

I have to tell you guys, I am absolutely pumped to get Anona's permissions all cleared and get started playing this guy. As of a few days ago, I decided that my tentative plan for Anona would be to get his appropriate skills up, seduce some hapless man (bonus points if he's Black Sun, but any old John will do), make sure to be seen publicly with his employer/abuser as the doe-eyed love, and then kill them both and frame his new 'friend'.

Now, realistically, I know that things are probably not going to go perfectly. If I'm being honest, it's probably all going to go straight into the gutters. The Black Sun/Ebonstryfe might not believe Anona's story, somebody might walk in on the act, Anona may not be able to convince his lover (I'm really, really not fond of that word, but I can't think of much else) to be in his employer's house at the right time, it may prove almost impossible to seduce a man in Ravok as a man himself, or, hell, any of this plot could be ruled unrealistic/super unlikely by Abstract before any of it gets started! But if I'm being honest, I think that's part of the fun. Plus, if Anona pulls this stunt off, he might even have an encounter with Rhysol on his hands in the distant (or near) future.

In completely unrelated news, I'm currently lamenting the fact that Matthew is, as far as I'm aware, neither in Ravok nor planning to be in Ravok. It's a darn shame, too: Anona needs to learn to seduce men, compartmentalize his feelings, and convince them that he's as into it as they are, and I can't think of anyone who would be a better teacher. *wistful sighing* Ah, well. I'm sure it'll be fun stumbling around with Anona figuring this stuff out by himself, too.
Anona -- Faelith
Anona
Player

Words: 39126
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2014, 7:29 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Faelith Skyglow on February 24th, 2014, 9:20 pm

Alright, guys, last post of the day, I swear. While looking for a model for Hanna, I stumbled upon what may be the absolute best resource for Mizahar-oriented characters : Armstreet

Although Hanna is an archer (and she's the last character I'll be making), I didn't get to use this model myself, but I am absolutely in love with their 'Alchemist's Daughter'.

And there are 13 other pictures of the same model with the same outfit here! I'm so in love with this site, you guys. I sincerely hope somebody gets as big a kick out of this as I did.
Anona -- Faelith
Faelith Skyglow
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Faelith Skyglow on February 26th, 2014, 8:27 pm

What's with all of the pale Vantha?

Now, don't get me wrong: it's totally cool to have white face characters. It's fine. Especially when their race's lore specifically mentions that they are usually pale/light-skinned, but it's fine otherwise, too (heck, my two other PC's are white themselves, although one's slightly darker and I don't have enough info on her model to know if she's actually POC or not?). And I also get that, sadly, the world is full of more pictures of white/white-passing actresses and models than it is of POC.

But still. It's not entirely devoid, and, to quote the Vantha Lore:

Their skintone ranges from olive to almond to almost a golden brown, though this can vary considerably. They almost never have extremely pale skin tones, as they instead tend towards richer, deeper coloring.

And it looks like most of the Vantha PC's (and even many of the NPCs, which confuses me even more) are... pale.

This honestly isn't meant to attack anybody in particular (I couldn't think of a specific person off of my head, anyways! Just a general idea I get from browsing Avanthal/other places), or even something that people should answer if they don't want to. It was more just a way for me to express my confusion, I guess!

Anona -- Faelith
Faelith Skyglow
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Palla Frostfawn on February 26th, 2014, 8:40 pm

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

I know, right? I think it's partially because the main picture for them in the lore is fair skinned. I agree that there's nothing wrong with that, but I also think that people should try to stick to the lore. It says there are exceptions, though, and very rarely a Vantha may have fair skin. I don't mean to offend any fair skinned Vanthas, you guys rock, too!
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Words: 117768
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2013, 3:58 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Faelith Skyglow on February 26th, 2014, 9:28 pm

Ah! Glad to see that I'm not the only one who noticed!

Although I definitely don't expect people to change their PC's face characters since they're already established, hopefully some more people will take notice and use dark-skinned models for future Vantha. We can only hope!

On a completely unrelated note, is anybody else absolutely addicted to going through the annals of the Cities/Regions and looking at all the graded threads? I started doing it at first with Anona while I was waiting for ST to get back to me, and now it's... well, it's a problem. Sort of? Maybe not a problem, but it's definitely a little strange how much of a kick out of it.

I actually think there's really something to be learned from reading graded threads, as well! The Lore is so expansive in most cities, and with the Linkmaps, NPC information, Calendars, etc., there's a lot to take in, and a lot to forget when threading. Obviously the Storytellers of any region are incredibly well-read on Mizahar lore and particularly lore for their specific region/domain, so reading the little notes at the end of each grade helps clue you in on the little things that you might otherwise have forgotten in your own threads! Note to self: don't even imply that there are Nobles/Noble families in Ravok. They definitely don't exist, it's just that the place where rich people live is called that.

Anona -- Faelith
Faelith Skyglow
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Re: [Anona's/Fae's Scrap] Scrappy-Doo

Postby Palla Frostfawn on February 26th, 2014, 9:49 pm

YES! I am so addicted to looking at the graded threads. Whenever I see one, I get kind of excited.I thought I was alone!
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Words: 117768
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2013, 3:58 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Faelith Skyglow on February 27th, 2014, 6:25 pm

[trigger warning: rape]

Um. Wow. I was lurking in the chat for a bit, like I have been, and I cannot believe what I just saw.

Rape jokes? Really?

Remind me never to go into chat again.
Anona -- Faelith
Faelith Skyglow
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Radiant on February 27th, 2014, 7:07 pm

Fae, those jokes are for the things that a PC has done In-Character, a PC can (or attempt to) rape someone in a thread and it's purely fictional. It has nothing to do with the real world.

Making rape jokes about someone who had experienced it in real life is not fine, I agree, but for a fictional character in a fictional world? It doesn't hold the same weight.

Of course, I'm just stating my opinion and trying to say that chat is not a depraved place I think you make it out to be.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Faelith Skyglow on February 27th, 2014, 7:14 pm

I definitely get the difference between PC and IC stuff (and that it's all allowed IC-- murder and torture and slavery are allowed, it's an open ballpark!), definitely didn't mean to imply otherwise.

And I do know chat's a nice enough place pretty much 100% of the time-- every other time I've stopped by it's all jokes and answering questions, etc.! Everyone does seem genuinely friendly. But there was-- like there was no warning at all that those jokes were about to be made. I get it, they were joking about something a fictional character attempted to/did to another fictional character, so there's no actual harm done, but. I guess it just really rubbed me the wrong way that it came out of nowhere, with no warnings or anything?

I really do want to stress this as much as I can without crossing the "inappropriate subject matter" line in the ToS: I am absolutely 100% an advocate for distinguishing between fictional kinks/fetishes/activities and practicing those same activities in real life. My problem (and reaction) wasn't at all to the fact that those things were happening in Mizahar/in the forums, but that there wasn't any consideration taken into account that there very well could have been rape survivors in chat triggered by those kinds of jokes.

And on a completely unrelated note, I keep seeing you around and might I just say that your boxcodes are absolutely gorgeous! Especially the one you just used. It's beautiful *u*

Anona -- Faelith
Faelith Skyglow
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next