Open The New Year Festival

[Public Event] The Sailor's Guild hosts an celebration for the new year!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

The New Year Festival

Postby Pulren Marsh on April 4th, 2014, 4:44 pm

Though his eyes were initially set on the child and his family, Pulren's attention naturally gravitated to the nearby Wave Guardsmen and their uniforms. He knew that one day he would also be among their ranks, protecting his seaside home and the interests of Laviku. His feet began to shuffle toward the growing circle of people near the family. He did his best to remain in the background for the moment, preferring to observe. Pal was always bursting into a group of people and being so obvious. Pulren was well aware from his years in the back of conversations that sometimes they were the best seats in the house.

He could hear the child's father speaking to a very serious looking fellow and one of the Kelp Bar girls. He watched as the latter then seemed to flourish toward the Guardsmen and it suddenly occurred to Pulren that the father was a Guardsman himself. This brought him to at least the middle of the conversation, his blending in not so secretive now. His eyes and attention brightened as it became clear that the Sergeant was someone that he needed to meet and speak to.

There was no real way to do it in a nonchalant manner, so Pulren at least waited for the Sergeant to stop speaking. Unlike his dead Uncle, Pulren was not one to crash into folks so blatantly. The child seemed to notice him first, since he had little else to do besides be cute and enjoy the love of his parents. Pulren then found himself standing close enough to join the conversation, so he did.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but I was hearing what you said about the Wave Guard. I know about the Trial to become a Guard, but what about recruitment? Do you just go up to the headquarters and sign up?" He could tell that Pal's brashness was coming out in him, so he took a breath and tried to clean up his act a little. "I'm Pulren Marsh, by the way." His eyes and respectful nods went to the Sergeant he spoke to, then the ladies present, then the Guardsmen and finally to the serious fellow that had piqued this topic of interest in the first place.
Last edited by Pulren Marsh on May 28th, 2014, 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

The New Year Festival

Postby Loken on April 13th, 2014, 7:57 am

oocOh wow! Since no response showed up, I assumed who ever needed to post hadn't done so yet. XD didn't notice that the person that needed to post was me! My bad folks. Anyway, quick post to keep things rollin'

Loken blinked absently when he listened to the man speak, it was a broken dialect of common – or at least common he had never heard before, even as he listened he couldn't help but be amused about the way he spoke. He blew out a soft breath at Ricky's words, and then nodded in acknowledgement to being new to the city. "Ah, Well then it is a pleasure to meet you, Sergeant." His line of thought interrupted as a man who introduced himself as a, Pulren Marsh, joined into the conversation. Even though he now held a steady gaze on the man, he was more interested in this 'Trial' that he spoke of rather than the man himself.

"Please excuse my manners. My name is Loken." He gave each member of the group a slight nod that he used as a bow. "I am always willing and able to help the law and order within a city to dissuade and discover criminal activity. Should I need help or see anything of note, I shall be sure to inform a Wave Guard." His eyes fell to the child in the mans arm's. Loken could niether remember a time when he had parents, or even loved ones who could have cared for him in such a loving manner. Even after so many years he could clearly remember all of the bad things that caused anger to swell within him. 'The past is the past.' he thought to himself as he took a breath to calm down. Even though his body was riddled with scars during his training, there were some mental wounds that were slow to heal.

He shook the thoughts away as he glanced towards a person whom he had seen dancing previously, actually dancing. Looking to Carmony, "You are a very good dancer."
Loken
Balancing life on the edge of a blade

Words: 151876
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2013, 9:12 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The New Year Festival

Postby Ricky Maze on April 21st, 2014, 8:46 pm

OOCCarmony hasn't logged in over a week so we'll just go ahead and move this thread along.

Upon the introduction given by the man named Loken Ricky returned the favor with a humble grin and nod, a hearty approval towards the attitude this Loken fellow displayed upon the statement of sharing anything to note to the Guard. Then of course the other younger fellow seemed to be rather interested in the Wave Guard as well and Ricky could help but bashfully chuckle, as he’d never really been approached with such interest. Off and on he would attempt to recruit new guards but he never actually had people show him interest, two in one day was rather a blessing to have seeing as how those who were dedicated were welcome to join the ranks. "It be a pleasure t’ meet yew all, Oi’m Ricky Maze o’ de Wave Guard." He reintroduced himself a bit nervously as he hoped to make a lasting impression. "T’ answer yer question laddie; yea. Dat’s all ye need t’ do is go over t’ de Wave Guard Head Facility we ‘ave, sign up at de front desk in de office an’ den we’ll see bout getting ya started with recruitment."

He exchanged looks between the two men and thought to go into more detail with how recruitment would work for them. "Upon signin’ up ye’ll be startin’ wit’ trainin’ f’r de rank o’ Guardsmen, dat’ll be when ye get yer first insignia wit’ de shield an’ uniform o’ de Guard. Ye’re expected t’ practice skills in a weapon o’ yer preference, a shield, an’ o’ course swimming. Ye can ‘ave more but t’ose ‘re de main ones we expect, den when de time comes an’ yer ready we test ya wit’ an initiation o’ a sort. A swimmin’ test o’ a sort towards a rock really, once ye pass t’at den ye’ll officially be part o’ de Wave Guard." He finished humbly as he looked to the girl next, she’d seemed to taken an interest back into the area of dancing and nonetheless decided to head back there, after thanking Loken for the compliment he offered to her of course.

"Aye, she’s got it right ya know. ‘ere we stand roun’ chattin’ bout de Wave Guard, when we should all be enjoyin’ de festival." He remarked with a hearty chuckle and humble smile on his face. "De Guard ain’t a top priority now mates, f’r now ye should go ‘bout celebratin’ de new year an enjoyin’ yer selves. Once dat is done den ye can look int’ signin’ up, dat is o’ course if ye choose to do so." It was then Martin took to move around a bit while in his father’s arms, which led Ricky to readjust the child to where he could look down into the adorable eyes of his son. The baby then took to reach up and grasp at his father’s chin and mouth with giggles as his hands were tickled, plus the fact Ricky playfully nibbled on his son’s fingers gently to entertain the child further.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on May 16th, 2014, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The New Year Festival

Postby Pulren Marsh on April 22nd, 2014, 7:15 am

Pulren's grin widened as Sergeant Ricky Maze introduced himself. He was very jovial and welcoming, his accent reminding him of many of the fishermen at the docks. It was clear that this was a son of Zeltiva, through and through. He listened closely and unerringly as his path was set before him. he indeed only had to go down to the headquarters and sign up for the Guard. the tingling excitement felt almost like that first swig of kelp beer, short of the repulsive taste, of course.

After that, it would be training in his weapon of choice and the use of a shield. The shield would be the only new thing for Pulren. He had been using a trident to fish with, not to mention it was the symbol of Laviku. Swimming was a no brainer, as he had seen many recruits swim out to the rock, waiting for it to be his own turn. That would be a piece of cake. "Thanks for the information, Sergeant Maze. I'll head down there first thing tomorrow." His mind corrected him and he added, "Actually, I believe I'll be praying to Laviku first and then heading to sign up." He nodded to himself.

With that out of the way, Pulren's shoulders relaxed and he could hear the merriment and celebration, his feet tapping to the music. he watched as the Sergeant enjoyed his family and knew he had taken up enough of his time. "Well, I bid you all a good day. I think I'll see if I can get in on some of this fun, myself. It was a pleasure to meet you all and I will see you soon, Sir." Sir being Sergeant Maze, of course. Pulren smiled and looked out to the ocean, the sun on his face warming his heart as he could see his dreams slowly growing into fruition.

As he stood there, he noticed a young lady standing nearby. Fair skin, long blond hair and a figure that a perk in his step. Turning toward her, Pulren thought about something to say to her, since he was terrible at that sort of thing. She seemed to pick up on it and simply smiled and said, "Excuse me, Sir." She then stepped past him so closely that Pulren could smell traces of her on his shoulder. How nice, he had thought to himself. The entire exchange just took a few moments and left him parched for thirst. Fishing in his pockets, however, brought a different kind of emotion to the young man. Anger. It was clear that the lady or an unseen accomplice had picked his pockets.

Sighing, he looked vaguely over the crowd, knowing she was long gone. he looked out over the ocean and smiled. At least he had thought ahead to only bring the two mizas he had. Part of that was in his stomach now, as well, so really, it wasn't worth staying angry over.

Ledger2 GM for food purchases and being pickpocketed

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

The New Year Festival

Postby Aoren on June 26th, 2014, 11:55 pm

Riddled With Rewards
Ricky

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Rhetoric + 2 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Spring 514: The New Year Festival!
Resiliency of the Zeltivan Spirit
Rhetoric: Playful Banter with Telion
Pulren Marsh: Wave Guard Hopeful
Loken: Helpful Citizen

Carmony
Note :
Hi there Carmony! Please update your ledger to reflect seasonal expenses. When that is done PM me and I will post your grade. :)

Loken

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Unarmed Combat + 1 EXP
Dancing + 1 EXP
Socialization + 2 EXP
Observation +1 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Unarmed-Dancing Combo: Disciplined Rhythm
The Wave Guard: Zeltiva’s Protectors
Ricky Maze: Sergeant of the Wave Guard
Pulren Marsh: Wave Guard Hopeful

Pulren

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation + 2 EXP
Socialization + 2 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Social Nuance: Being Polite About Conversation
Ricky Maze: Sergeant of the Wave Guard
Loken: Helpful Citizen

Notes :
If you have comments, questions or concerns please approach me at your earliest convenience. Don't forget to edit/delete your request in the request thread!
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous