Awkward, Silly, and Serious Moments with Gale

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on March 20th, 2014, 4:39 am

Haha! Gnarly, thanks you too!

And Wanda, I can relate, and some of these names we did create using somethings that relate to us. But we wanted to keep our minds open to other names too that didn't exactly apply to us directly, because over time it will grow it's own meaning to us. But yes, if there were a tie between two names or two names fairly close and one was one we created that related to us and the other wasn't, then of course we'd go for the one relating to us. This is mainly just something to help us just broaden our mindset about it and just get a general idea of what of things make a good band name while still making it our own and applying it to us. So I really appreciate the insight Wanda. ^_^
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on April 22nd, 2014, 1:59 am

1000 Ways to Die

Alright, sooooo, I'm not going to list 1000 ways to die to you guys because, honestly, that would be extremely depressing and I just don't have that type of time to actually think of 1000 ways to die. But I am going to tell you guys my top 10 ultimate worst super scary deaths of all time. I just thought it was clever to use that title... Anyway

How this idea came to mind, actually, is a pretty long and uninteresting story that I'm going to cut down for you guys. Basically, after I posted for the Mizahar Would You Rather game, I was bored and went about looking up other WYR questions. Because that's just what I do. Anyway, I came across this question that said would you rather be stuck in an elevator for 5 hours or a ski lift.

Let me stop here, okay? I am one for horror movies, okay? No, I don't mean blood and guts and gore horror movies. I mean the real horror movies that make you not sleep that night. You know what I'm talking about. So, going on anotehr small story here, my family and I rented this amazing movie called Frozen (not the Disney movie, don't even get me started). It's not a 'horror' movie per se, but it definitely was intending to be scary. Kind of like 127 Hours, if any of you have watched that movie. Where nothing really happens, like a big chase or anything, but it's uber intense and it's crazy.

Anyway, in this particular movie, without giving spoilers, a group of three young adults go skiing over the weekend and bribed the ski lift guy to have them lift up to the mountain one last time before the lift closed for the weekend. Well, he allowed the them to go and so they get on, but one small thing led to another and basically, the ski lift shuts down for the weekend and the guy leaves thinking that they were done (it makes more sense if you watch it). So, they are stuck up in this ski lift for the entire weekend unless they get off or get help. Of course, this is what the movie is about, them trying to get off and get help, and this movie scared the living crap out of me. I never wanted to go snowboarding or skiing since it never looked fun to me but this movie just made me go 'NOPE!".

So when this WYR questions pops up, I instantly said elevator and then I started thinking about this movie and how horrifying it would actually be to die on a ski lift/trying to get off. And then, that eventually led me here. So without furthur ado! My 10 ultimate worst super scary deaths of all time!!

10 :
Buried Alive

Okay, I get that my phobias are different than everyone elses and I get that some people would probably put this as #1 and someone else might not even mention is, but for me, this is one of the most logical (not like in Saw) ways for someone to die that I personally think is kinda a crappy way to go. Like, you could be buried alive by an earthquake and under rumble, avalanche, all that goes under this category. Any sort of being under something you can't get out of is something that kinda scares me. I mean, I'd rather be buried alive than anything else on this list, but of course, not my first option.

But anyway, why it's scary. Uuuh, I'm not.. exactly sure... I'm not claustrophobic by any means and suffocating isn't the most terrifying thing in the world to me, but I guess it's the fact that it's both of those combined and I can do absolutely nothing about it. Since, you know. You're buried.

9 :
Eaten Alive

I'm sure this is on everyone's list of worst ways to die, because it's obviously not the most pleasant thing to think of. But, to be brutally honest, getting eaten by anything (besides maybe a real person) isn't as terrifying to me as it seems to be to everyone else. I've always loved animals, they're messy eating and terrifying blood baths and all.

But, there is a scary side to it, yes, like the fact of feeling teeth sinking into you're skull or arm while you're screaming for your life. But, what gets me about this is my stomach. If I'm laying on the ground and a bunch of dogs or lions or whatever starts eating my stomach while I'm still living, I would purposely piss the animal(s) off so they can attack my head instead so it would be quicker. I do not want to see my intestines slurped up like spaghetti by any animal (Yes, this section does include sharks, though, they can't exactly slurp...)

8 :
Beaten to Death

Now, I don't care how use to pain you are or how good of a fighter you claim to be or how many people you've knocked out in your life time, this HAS to scare you at least just a little bit. I mean, beaten to death people. beaten to death!!

I mean, they could use whatever they wanted! Poles, wooden posts, they're steeled toed books, they're fists, whatever they want! I mean, just imagine being hit constantly, repeatedly until you can't move and possibly not even breath, and then still continued to get beaten. That's just- no, just no. I mean, if you're being eaten by an animal, at least you're body is food and actually really useful for something. What the heck is the person/persons going to do with you're body after you're dead? Likely throw it in the trash or lake or someplace. They ain't going to use it! Just, com'on that's just horrible.

7 :
Hunger/Thirst

I can't- Okay, where to start with this. Um, I don't go out handing cash to every Anti-Hunger organization I see, though, I would if I had any of this ' money' people speak of. Well, not hand it out, but I would donate some to said organizations because this is just a horrible, horrible way to die. Dying from hunger or thirst because of any situation is just terrible, and I hate movies (or the specific scene) in which people are in the desert and they almost die of thirst or whatever. I just- I don't even know.

6 :
Stabbed

This is probably on everyone's list as well, but there is a reason for that. I was that kid that hardly would let anyone use a needle to get a splinter out of my thumb. And don't get me started on shots. No, I'm not scared of them, it's just HURTS. Okay? I don't know why it hurts so much for me, but it does! I relax like everyone says, and I honestly do, it's just it hurts! I don't know what type of shots you guys get to make it not hurt.

And for this reason, I do not want to be stabbed. Everyone writes that when you're stabbed in the back or stomach that it doesn't hurt, or that it's numb and you all you feel is the cold. Yeeeaaaaah- no, I honestly don't believe that's how it actually feels. Prove me wrong if you want, but I honestly believe that it hurts like hell. If I believed that it was 'numbing' in the way that people always make it out to be, I hardly would be as scared of being stabbed as I am. Because when has being hurt ever felt numb and cold rather than actual pain? Nothing! Not even that weird fuzzy feeling when you hit your funny bone! No pain feels like that, so, therefore, it must hurt so much that you just can't do anything, hence why no one screams when they get stabbed in the stomach or whatever.

Anyway, away from the tangent, just the idea of being stabbed, especially multiple times, and then left to slowly bleed to death is just... terrible. That would really suck.

5 :
Radiation

Now here is where it starts getting interesting . No, I'm not worried about a nuclear explosion. What I'm worried about is the radiation that comes from such. I've heard a crap ton of radiation stories and was forces to watch too many Chernobyl movies in history class to even begin to explain how much I don't want radiation poisoning. Not only would it probably be worse than cancer (in my opinion) it would just-... I don't want to -... Just look up some pictures for yourself if you want to see what I mean. I'm not going to explain.

4 :
Injection

This concept of death has always really really bugged me. There are just soooo many ways that you could kill someone with an injection, it's ridiculous. You could inject bleach into they're system, poison, something they're allergic to, or even friggin air alone could kill you when it's injected into your blood stream. Just the sheer amount of way you could die from this and just my imagination gives this a spot in my top five. I'm not scared of needles, just the idea that I could end up being paralyzed by one and die slowly or have a heart attack or a muscle spasm or something. If any of you watched the 'Monk' detective series, the particular episode of when Monk was in the hospital and he was almost killed with an injection is exactly what I'm talking about. That and the end of The Heat. And any other movie that uses needles as a form of weapon...

3 :
Fire

The only reason why this isn't 2nd is because I'm a pyro. I know, ain't that weird? I like fire and I like playing with fire yet I'm terrified of burning to death. I'm not scared of getting burned. Just burning to death. Because as soon as I'm caught on fire totally, there is almost no stopping it, and seeing as there is almost nothing you can do about kinda scares me. Not on that, but even if I did survive, I would have to go through the agonizing process of getting all the dead skin peeled off, which I know hurts like hell.

So, rule of thumb is, play with fire, but make sure you have some water/water source besides the fire hydrant around.

2 :
Electricity

Like I said before, the only reason why this is 2nd is because I DON'T PLAY WITH ELECTRICITY! Gosh dang it people, why do you guys mess with things like that? That stuff is scary! I mean, as soon as you touch an electric fence, or something with high voltage or get struck my lightning, you can't do shyke! You just have to freeze there and do nothing while you're body is going through tremendous amounts of pain and agony until your brain and heart are fried. Like, doesn't that scare any of you guys?

1 :
Drowning

This has always scared the living shyke out of me. When I hear shark attack stories, I don't care about what the petching shark did, I'm just thinking about the possibility of drowning before the shark actually kills me. Like, I just can't stand it. Just imagining that you're in the water for whatever reason and you can't swim back to the surface and your lungs just want to explode. So when you finally are forced to take a breath in, you are just met with water filling your lungs, which burns even more. It's just, it's incredibly terrifying to imagine the feeling of water slithering down your wind pipe and dropping down into your chest. Because of this, I can even begin to explain how terrified I am of drowning.

And yes, I very much had a hard time writing Gale 'drowning' in the thread where Gale got his gnosis. I- Just- It took me so friggin long to even stop thinking about drowning after that. I mean, I'm all for pushing limits and such, but as soon as you write out one of your biggest fears in a post, saying someone else is experiencing it, then you'll understand how I felt when writing Gale drowning. I didn't get any sleep that night, or the night after, let's just say that.

So, the moral of this post is, don't do stupid stuff and don't die! I hope you guys at least enjoyed the list itself, if not, then making fun of what I'm afraid off, soooo yeah!

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on April 26th, 2014, 6:05 am

Art

Look at the beautiful art Ireth made me! I love you Ireth! It's so beautiful! *hugs and snuggles*

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on April 29th, 2014, 1:18 am

Optimistism

Let me start off that I realize just how many terribly long posts I have in my scrapbook, and I realize that a lot of them are either a complete waste of time and don't really have any meaning or they are rather pessimistic complaining posts. I've honestly been trying not to do as many of those whiny posts seeing as no one likes a sissy kiddy baby whiner, which is why I've been posting more ridiculous stuff versus something that might be worth someone's time. But today, I'm sorry to say that I'm going to add yet another complainy whiny post to this scrapbook. I hope that it doesn't come off as complainy really, because really what I'm going for it just a vent in a way but if it comes off as whiny then I guess I'm whining.

I figured after reading a lot of my previous posts that I could come off as some sort of extreme pessimist like Gale is or something and I wanted to clarify that I'm not. I'm really not. I'm extremely extroverted and overly optimistic about many subjects, especially when it comes to things I'm interested, and this goes for Mizahar and Photoshop too. But I kinda find that being optimistic these days, or at least tell someone something that's optimistic, people don't really hear or pay attention. They kinda just shrug me off as insincere or something and then whatever I saw just goes to waste. I have found over the recent weeks that being pessimistic is almost the only way for anyone to even remotely listen to you. Because as soon as you're upset or down people then rush to listen to hear what you say with deaf ears most of the time and I honestly don't know what to make of this. Like I said, I'm optimistic so I've been hoping and thinking that this might change some day, seeing as I was always taught that being happy and optimistic makes the world so, but I kinda of feel like it doesn't anymore.

I don't know why this is or how I can change it but that's just how I feel about it. I also have come across a problem in which any sort of acknowledgement of something good is unheard of. People scold but never praise and I'm wearing kind of thin because of it. I'd do something wrong and I get a lashing by whomever it affects and when I do something right no one cares because it might not apply to them directly or something. I find that almost everyone does this, and now even teachers at my school don't acknowledge hard work. They use to write 'good job' or at least 100% or A or whatever the grade was if you did a good job but now no one does this. Then they take at least ten minutes out of every class period to scold and 'motivate' us to do better which I'm honestly fed up with. I feel like I don't know if I'm doing something right or wrong anymore until what I'm doing wrong is so drastically so that I get majorly called out for and everyone has a reason to hold a grudge against me.

The only place I really feel like I get any sort of praise or 'Good Job' for anything I do is here, which is probably why I spend more time on here versus going outside and being productive. I mean, if I show someone in chat something I've photoshopped, they'll tell me what they think honestly, respectfully and without hesitation. If I try to do this with anyone else, they almost scoff at the fact of merely getting off the couch in order to look at it and when they actually do see it, they kinda just nod and say 'Hey, that looks good'. They won't give me any sort of critique or actually look at it long enough to say that I did a great job with something until I ask them about it specifically and even then they're still distant. I talk about my writing and how much I enjoy writing stories and Gale and such and everyone kinda just nods and smiles while people here actually take note of this and actually talk about it. And it's not just for things on Mizahar either. I could have gotten a good grade on a paper or perhaps found a new awesome song I totally love or something really funny I like or even just something random I've been thinking about. I could bring almost anything and someone will listen and most of the time actually make conversation while others make it a complete chore and sometimes even plead for me not to mention something again.

What am I suppose to do about this? I just feel kind of trapped here, seeing as all my friends who actually listen to my interests and believes me when I say I feel one way or someone does something during this type of situation are all here and behind a computer screen rather than in person. I don't really have many resources here and I've just been feeling kind of stuck for a while. I keep telling myself that I'll be over and done with soon and that things will get better and all that but it never really does. I could try to help the situation or not, it doesn't make a difference and I find myself confused as to why that is.

I don't know, maybe it's just me being lonely or picky or whatever. I don't know what the deal is but that's just a penny for my thoughts I guess.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 4th, 2014, 6:57 am

Sooooooooo

I had a really long post on my theory of personality types and everything, going into detail about each one and everything but apparently I wasn't "logged in" and everything was erased... Sooooo

Penguins :

Something that cheered me up :

And the cutest thing ever :

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 7th, 2014, 10:23 pm

Perspectives

I want to start off by saying that I'm not pointing this out to anyone in particular, but I'm simply doing this post just so you guys get a better understanding of me and my way of thinking for future reference.

But I want to talk a little about my perspective and personality.

I am what I like to call an Encourager. I was going to talk about my philosophy on personalities in the last post but of course it was deleted. So I'm just going to explain the Encourager part for the sake of the topic.

As you can tell by the name, I am someone who likes to encourage and make others fell better. I am an extremely supportive person and I find it hard not to try and help someone when they feel down or if I feel others are ganging up. Ever since I was little I was like this. I would befriend almost everyone and I would be the one to solve conflicts by bringing out each person's view and clearing up the confusion. I have a fairly supportive family who has always been positive and very supportive of what I've wanted to do and have made a point to make sure I know right from wrong and become a strong enough person to say what is right and wrong.

So I would like to say that I have a lot of integrity.

But because of my Encourager personality, I try my best to make both sides happy. I make it a point to make both sides happy and make sure they have what they need to be happy. I give a helping hand generously and I try my best to stay positive.

But I'm a debater. I get this from my dad. It's hard to beat him in a debate (even my mom has a hard time) and I would like to think that I get my debate and discussion loving part of me from him. So I love discussing things. I like talking about subjects that people have a hard time talking about and I like questioning people's ideas and thoughts to get a bigger picture and deeper understanding of the person.

But that's all it is to me. It's just a question. It's just a discussion and perhaps a debate. Most times it's just a discussion. But I feel like a lot of people feel like I'm mad when I'm discussing things and stating my opinion. And I wanted to tell you guys why this is not true.

I am a person who does my very best to understand both sides of the conversation. When it comes to discussion and debates I am very slow to anger. I make sure that I know both sides before I create my opinion. And because of my Encourager personality, I don't see anger a very supportive emotion so I generally try my best not to get angry. At least not at first.

I also have a tendency to pick and point out things that aren't very encouraging. So if I see someone talking about another person, whether they are there or not or if they are just poking fun or even if they talking about themselves, I tend to get pretty defensive. I always want to either tell them to stop making fun or talking about them (if it's negative) or I want to bring a different perspective about the person. Support them and tell them the reason they act that way or the good things so they know both sides.

But for some reason, so I have noticed, people take this as me getting mad. I'm not mad. I don't get mad over trying to bring anew light to someone or from trying to help someone else. To me, it makes no sense why I would be mad over that. Because that's a good thing to me. Helping others, enlightening someone about something, that's all good. That's fine.

Do you guys want to know when I start getting mad?

I start getting mad when people tell me that I am mad. When people tell me that I need to calm down or hush up.

The reason I get mad at this is because I believe I am one of the most tolerant one of the most patient people I know when it comes to discussions and questions. So when someone tells me that I need to calm down and I need to stop being mad, I see that as you saying that I am not being patient. I take that as you saying that I am not being supportive.

I know that most of you guys probably don't see it that way, but that's how it is to me. And I think that being supportive and patient is one of my strongest attributes, and when I feel like that you are saying that I'm not being supportive or that I'm not being patient, that is when I start getting mad. I think this makes me made because I often times expect others to at least try to be supportive as well. It's a common courtesy to try and bring others up. So when I'm trying to be supportive or patient and others are knocking at me, I take that as a huge offense. Because why would someone knock down someone who is trying to be supportive and patient? That's the question in my mind and it makes me mad when I try to answer that. Because only a self centered jerk (in a very very light way of putting it) would do that, and I know that I'm probably wrong in that. I don't like to think anyone is a self centered jerk who likes putting others down. But when I come to that conclusion, it makes me mad.

So I just wanted to let you guys know that in case I'm ever talking to your or you are listening to me talk to someone else, I'm honestly not mad. I'm just intrigued and interested. So, that's all I really have to say at this point, so yeah. I hope that will prevent some sort of conflict later. Or something. I don't know, but that's just a little big about me.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Estrellir Konrath on August 8th, 2014, 7:46 am

I understand what you mean. Discussions with people like you are the best. When the the other person gets mad, I can't help but get emotional too, but when they stay calm and discuss for the sake of discussing, that can be so much fun.

It might be hard to discern whether you're mad or not in a medium such as chat though... so I guess it's good that you clarified that.
Estrellir Konrath
She Who Finds What Was Lost

Words: 338742
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on November 22nd, 2014, 3:29 am

Videos

So, I kinda felt like just rambling today and one of the things I can't seem to get off my mind is videos, so I guess I'm going to spiel about videos and movies today.

I've loved videos and movies ever since I can remember. I would watch movies over and over again and I would reply videos constantly to hear and see them again. But I've always loved writing too. After I watched a video of some sort I always ended up going off and writing about a subject similar or something, so I've had two passions since forever it seems.

As I grew and started to learn how to write in a more meaningful way, I've only grown to love writing more. I still loved movies but I've always thought that I loved writing more. Movies are great ways to communicate what you're trying to say but writing an actual story and not being limited by a set or a crew was what I thought was superior. So for the longest time I wanted to be an author of some sort. But then, as always, someone ended up telling me that writing didn't pay the bill so I backed off of it as being my dream job. I still wrote a lot and I still love writing all the same, but the dream of being a famous author and getting something published kinda just boiled down to just something I could do later when I have a real job and so on.

After that, it took me a long while to find something else I wanted to do. Like, really wanted to do. I jumped around a few things like being a vet to being a firefighter and so on but nothing really stuck to me. One day, however, while I was watching a movie, it sort of clicked in my head that I would work on movies. I didn't care if I was the camera operator, the director, the special affects, or the guy that cleans up the set when everything was finished. I wanted to work on a film. This was about 2 years ago.

Ever since then I've been really passionate about films and videos. I have been taking classes in Photography and Cinematography and even news to learn all I can. I've even made a contact with someone who works at Laika, the company that created the animations like Coraline, The Boxtrolls, and Paranorman. So I've been really working at it. My senior project is in media and to make trailers and videos for different foundations and companies.

But over the past two or so years, I've been thinking a lot about Videos vs Writing. I don't really like picking favourites because I know they always change but I never could really figure out if I actually, deep down, wanted to be an author or if I really wanted to work on films. For the longest time I thought it was writing. That deep down I wanted to be a writer and someday I might end up actually doing some sort of published work or work on a series of some sort. Because writing is something I've always been good at. I've always been good at writing and looking over all my elementary school works, my answers were a lot more elaborate and complex than some of the kid's homework I've been grading (since I sometimes help the elementary teachers grade work by giving stickers and stuff). I've always known that I was a great writer and every single English teacher has told me so and has always used my essays and poems and such as examples for the class. It was always a little awkward being the start pupil in teh class, but I liked it.

But now that I go more into cinematography and photography, I've come to realize that I'm excelling at it like I did with writing. I remember techniques and different shots and how to use equipment like that and my first video editing project was top notch compared to others who could hardly make a cut in a scene without it jerking out (which was the norm). I'm the teachers pet in the video classes and the teacher, just like in writing, always uses me and my videos as an example and I'm always the one that the teacher trusts with ideas and equipment. I still feel weird saying that because I feel like I'm bragging but I'm really not. This is actually how it is, and if I could I would show you. Maybe I'll post one of my videos sometime if I ever bother to upload them to youtube or anything, but I'm seriously the star of the class all over again.

And because of this, I started to rethink things. Rethink what I actually ant to do. It appears that I am equally good at both tasks and I like them equally as much. I'm still kinda mulling this over but I think I'm starting to lean to video a bit more. To explain why I need to take a quick step back when I was still figuring out what I wanted to do before video.

When I was still figuring things out the first time and I actually started to get a clue on what was important to me, I came up with a few ideas. I wanted to do one of these things: Writing, Dance, Art, and Design (Graphic or other). I couldn't choose between them but I know I wanted to do some of those things. I've always loved to draw and I often still do. I love writing, obviously, and I love designing and creating things like logos, pictures, or outfits and stuff. But I also loved dance.

Not to many people really know that about me except close friends and family because I don't really seem like the type of person to want to dance a lot (move, yeah, but dance was a different story). But I really do love to dance. I don't care what type of dancing, I just love it. I'm generally a pretty good dancer, (no, I will probably not post videos since I'm not THAT good), so I'm generally top score on Just Dance on the Wii and I'm sure if I had to do an improv dance competition with a random person that I would have at least some chance unless they were actual dancers or something. But that's not the point. The point is I love to move and I love having my body move and be a part of something bigger, like a dance or a song. And because of that, Dance was one of my options.

But anyway, I don't like making decisions, especially big decisions. Especially big decisions that could change my life and I cannot change later. So trying to pick one to go with seemed like one of those decisions and it took me a long while to figure out. I wanted to do them all so I tried my best to come up with an activity or something I can do that could involve all of that. That way I don't have to give up one. But now that I look back, I think video is that thing.

Now that I think about it, video incorporates all of that. It incorporates writing to tell a story, movement to film and act out the scenes, it requires art like special affects, set development, and sometimes actual art. It even includes design, and all types. Graphic design, web design, clothing design, set design, character development and design, almost everything has some sort of design element in it. I can do everything that I wanted to do all in one simple video.

I've only come to realize this recently, but it's actually a pretty big deal to me. It may not seem like much, but it is. I mean, writing has been the one thing in my life that I could say that I was good at. That was my talent and that's what I was supposed to do with my life. But now that I've taken classes in video, it's like that sense of purpose and content with writing has been replaced with another sense of purpose and more curiosity and discontent with video. Discontent with just settling for one thing I like to do and discontent with not doing enough.

And this is kinda startling to be quite frank. It's like all of a sudden I'm a new person and have new goals and a new life to follow yet I am the same person and still remember the time before this happened. It's a really strange feeling and for the longest time I hadn't really had any urge to write a whole lot because of it. That's probably a reason why Mizahar hasn't seen much writing or participation from me as of lately (but that also includes a lot of tragedies and family stuff that's been going on too).

But I honestly don't know quite what to think about it. It's a good feeling to have a change and to be able to do all the things I like doing in one. Yet, for some reason, I don't know why, I feel like I'm leaving a part of myself behind,and that I'll likely never get that part of me back, which is weird because I don't quite know what that part is. I guess I'll figure that out someday, but it's just been really weird for me lately.

So, yeah. I guess that's my little spiel about videos and stuff. I probably shouldn't bore you guys any more than you already are with all my random rambles and rants anyway.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ornea on November 22nd, 2014, 10:51 am

Just a tip

When I read your post above, I thought of a person in my family. She is at uni, studying computer game development. That education actually includes all the things you are writing about. As you seem to have allround high talent in artistic skills I wanted to mention this possibility to you. I bet you know this already, but nevertheless :)

In my family member's case she is currently working at the game development, design, technology and software deveolpment side of it. But writing & storytelling, graphics and so on will eventually come. She's aiming for "indie game development" making her own products as well as looking for employment in the computer game industry.

You don't need to take the tech path if you don't want it though. It's fully possible to go for graphics and video, and that's where the people with an artist profile or background often use to start from . Some seem to see games as one more media for expressing themselves in addition to other art they are doing.

If you have allround high creative talent, this kind of educations and the jobs it means in the computer game industry could be something for you to investigate. Just wanted to give you an input and hope you don't mind.
Ornea
Player

Words: 354504
Joined roleplay: September 17th, 2014, 11:03 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

PreviousNext