Solo [Mithryn Outpost - The Fields]Defending A Scarecrow

Ball fights off crows

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Mithryn Outpost - The Fields]Defending A Scarecrow

Postby Ball on April 29th, 2014, 6:26 pm

22nd of Spring 514AV

Ball found himself once again in the fields, but this time he found himself sitting on Imass's shoulder with Thorn already in position to attack the flitting crows. Those black buggers of birds were going to regret torturing that poor scarecrow – it's very existence was being mocked by those birds and the squire would just not have that... Inanimate or otherwise, the scarecrow was doing its duty to the people of Syliras... Or attempting to at least... Without help though, well he was going to falter...The three inch squire saw that. As soon as a crow settled on the ground, its little black beak pecking away at the ground for small seedlings and the sprouts that haven't quite made it above ground to thrive the Pycon squire pushed his mount into action.

Thorn was heavy, but Ball's determination to conquer these black winged pests was stronger. Sadly though the birds were faster than Imass and the point of Thorn barely flicked a loose feather that drifted from the crow's hurried take-off out of Ball and Thorn's reach. Drats... Wheeling around on Imass the pycon growled and charged again, he would do this all day until the crows either flew off in fright of the clay terror, were slain in each pass that Ball made, or Ball got so tired he couldn't last any longer... But he was a squire, and he was going to succeed, or die trying. How ironic would that be? Death by determined actions that led to exhaustion... Shaking his head to rid himself of those thoughts the pycon spurred his furry dog faster and harder, the panting beast of burden took the nudges into consideration and with each push off the dog was ripping up dirt and weeds...

Created goes to EuthisaImage
Last edited by Ball on April 29th, 2014, 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on April 29th, 2014, 6:27 pm

A bird cried out, yet this time it wasn't quite fast enough as Thorn smashed into a leg closest to the metal pointed weaponry and the clay wielder. This impact caused the bird to wheel-about in the air and quickly it found itself in the maw of the dog. Ball grimaced as Imass shook hard and the crunching snap echoed into the open air. The black bird was dead, a leg was torn heavily from the lance's connect and its neck snapped by a dog. In the wheel around Imass dropped the bird's carcass, leaving it for the other scavangers...

Sadly in the way of these awful winged pests the crows descended on their fallen brethren like flies on a cow patty. It helped the squire in two ways, one it got rid of the corpse so he wouldn't have to later, secondly it left him more targets to attack. These birds cawed and pecked at each other to try and get into the flesh of the fallen bird as Ball sent Imass into the flurry of feathers, talons, and beaks. The crows were the size of Imass so Ball has to keep the point steady.

The point of Thorn stretched out just a single inch beyond Imass's snout, the tip was tinted red and dripping with life as Ball directed the tip of it at another bird. There was no mistake, Ball meant business as he smashed the tip hard into the center of a crow. The bird's cry out, Imass's mass, and the sudden shift in danger cause the other birds to take flight and fast. A flurry of feathers and Ball found himself caught in the mess of black and doom. Noise and chaos. Rhysol's agents. That is what these birds! Death to them all...

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on April 29th, 2014, 6:27 pm

Turning hard on Imass, the squire's movement pulled the dog along with him, dog and rider came around in a tight turn, Ball was hoping to get more of these bringers of death and chaos down before they took off in flight and returned to their master. Remembering the commands he taught Imass last season Ball gave the dog a tap on the head, Ball was giving the dog control of their course, speed, and direction... Ball was a complete passenger in this case, and he had no issues whatsoever with that...

It was what he needed to have happen as he pulled his legs up into a crouching position, holding Thorn in one hand, the tip bopping with each bouncing paw push from the dog. Ball waited, his free hand hovering just above the fur on his mount's neck, ready to grab it if he was going to fall off and take a heavy tumble. Yet that wasn't Ball's plan, right now he was directing his attention to the flock of birds, gripping Thorn tighter he recalled how he was able to [url=http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post359104.html#p359104use his rapier as a thrusting point[/url] to project himself into a different direction and produce more damage than he could've normally... Sure Thorn was a bit heavier and longer than his rapier, but the concept was there... Ball knew he could handle these. It wasn't any different than direct his own mass. Sure a bit extra weight, but the pycon was flexible, and that was his advantage.

Ball coiled his inner mass within his legs specifically to help gain the height he needed, it was the technique he used earlier in the season to push higher into the air to gain the height and power he needed to do a back flip, it was a modification of the tactic he used to dent armour of Ser Pycon. Closer he got to the creatures, and Ball jumped.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on April 29th, 2014, 6:28 pm

His jump was true, a mass of clay and steel left a dog's back, Imass missed his stepping from that and stumbled but was quick to regain his momentum, Ball was glad for that... Instead Ball had other issues to worry about. The first bird was right there, Thorn wasn't going to quite reach it and Ball knew it was not or never. He released the tension in his legs, this pushed him up hard and Thorn smashed into the bird's body much like Ball did against that dummy last season. Instead of Thorn planting itself though it stuck for a second and Ball used it as a pole to vault himself over the bird's body and towards a second bird, much like the yukman from the winter... Yet much like the yukman skirmish and his rapier, Ball had very little training in Thorn he lost his grip on the piece of metal...

As the lance fell to the ground Ball crashed into the bird full bodily before he fell towards the ground. Hand reaching out towards the falling piece of metal Ball wasn't going to allow it to get damaged too much from this! Oh Hai that weapon was going to stay straight and narrow, sharp and pointy... A twist in his body and Ball allowed his descent to do the rest of to his body that was needed. His body was pulled into a thin and aerodynamic form as much as possible, with this form and his outstretched hand Ball could concentrate on grabbing a hold of Thorn and twisting his inner mass into a corkscrew once again.

Feeling the leather wrapped hilt the pycon stretched his fingers a bit more, wrapping them around the hilt and pulling it up hard to his body. Growling he pulled the end of his body around the lance hard, so it was now above him and pointed upward at the crows above. “Fo.Sy.Lur!” ['For Sylir!'] the squire cried out and he released the inner coiled tension within.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on April 29th, 2014, 6:29 pm

The release of energy from within became a thrust upward from the outside, the energy was forced outward from his body and the expert py-ken artist once more went skyward. It didn't take long before Ball would notice even his push upward wasn't high enough and he pulled back his arm holding Thorn, much like how Ser Pycon pulled back holding him while they trained in a special Pycon-Knight tactic.

Tyveth look down upon us now and make sure my squire truthfully uses everything he has got to give. Wysar give him the strength to turn his raw talent into technique! Ball's mind conjured up Blue Pycon's words... Tyveth show me the Truth in my Ways... Guide my hands in the correct path of righteousness and just cause... The words poured from his mind. Yet it wasn't a god's voice he heard in reply... It was Liege Lord... Once again, Heungfhh!!! Haughze!!! Haumphh!!! Haughh!!! Feel the power Ball. Feel the energy of the space around you--HAUGHZE-- feel the energy move through you with every strike. Swing more. Swing you body – GAAAHH!!!

Even now Ball never knew what the words meant... Yet as the gutteral words roared in his mind Ball roared them loudly, “Heungfhh!!! Haughze!!! Haumphh!!! Haughh!!!” It wasn't really the words, it was the meaning behind them and yet they held meaning now... He could feel the air around him, battering his being and forcing him down. “No!” I am not going to fail now. Failure it no an option, not for me... Not for Blue Pycon... Not for that scarecrow! And the pycon forced another push from his body, it came from his nexus, around his nexus. It wasn't a magical force, no it was his inner determination exuding out...

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on April 29th, 2014, 7:49 pm

The the pycon found himself faltering anyway and in a last ditch effort the squire extended his arm outward, holding Thorn up to the very last second before releasing it became paramount and did as expected. Ball released the lance and watched as his hard throw gained the lance one more body to add to itself christening into combat. Sadly, the pycon wasn't going to be able to reach out and grab it this time as with his throw upward he had pushed his body hard the opposite direction.

The fall wasn't eventful at all... It involved the clay squire falling, flipping in the air without cause, and falling some more... The air rushed around his body. Thorn was lodged into a bird's side, but it wasn't a very deep wound and the weapon fell heavy from the bird. The bird quickly followed suit. Thorn hit ground first... The bird was next, as it was still pretty dragged in the back draft of the thrown weapon. Ball would've squeezed his eyes shut if he had any as he fell, so instead Ball allowed himself a chance to do some inner analyzing. Ticks seemed to start to stretch and grow in length until he landed, but it wasn't compact field ground he landed on, no this was a bit softer and the cushion released a yelp of shock.

When he heard the sound Ball snapped to the present and rolled to his left. Landing with a thud after having dropped on Imass. The dog growled a bit in response to being dropped on but otherwise did nothing. Ball sat up, rubbing the side of his head in a bit of disbelief. Thank you Tyveth for showing me the way of justice. Standing Ball turned his attention to the fallen birds, they were no longer amongst the living. Picking up Thorn Ball stared at it before he shifted his grip on it and proceeded to wiping the blood and gore from it's tip. Enough for now. The squire turned his attention to the farmer's aid... It still leaned there, still a shadow of it's former glory.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Nightmare on April 29th, 2014, 7:53 pm

Ball :
Skills Amount
Weapon: Thorn +5
Riding: Riding Dog +4
Tactics +3
Acrobatics +3
Planning +1
Cleaning +1

Lore
Thorn Tactics: How to kill crows, bait and lance
Thorn Tactics: How to use Thorn as a thrusting point
Thorn Tactic: Thorn as a polevault
Rapier Tactic: How to use a Rapier as a thrusting point*I felt you deserved this one even if you did not get it in the thread that you used it.
Philosophy: Crows, Rhysol's agents
Riding: Standing and crouching while riding Imass
Power roar, determination made manifest

Shield Points Amount
Shield points (Training) +3

Loot
Imass was bruised from Ball's impact and will heal completely in a day or two

Additional Comments: 5 pounds of clay landing on Imass has to hurt, ouch. An excellent training thread. Good job.

Please PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Credit Lenz
If you have an concerns, questions or problems please PM me right away. I am here to assist and can usually get a reply within a day or two if not sooner.
If you haven't gotten a response from me within five days, please PM me again!
Nightmare
The part of you that you always fear

Words: 254197
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2014, 11:45 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)