Completed [Squire Dorms] Meeting of 'Pycons' [Ser Markus Andres]

Knight and Clay meet again

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Squire Dorms] Meeting of 'Pycons' [Ser Markus Andres]

Postby Ball on January 24th, 2014, 2:42 pm

Ball nodded and stepped back several feet from the target, looking at it from this distance Ball could see the whole thing better. His target was human sized, nearly the size of his patron knight. Hanging by rope that kept it upright Ball could see the damage he dealt to the mannequin’s one leg, it hung there ragged with two pieces of jagged broken wood hanging from the hole. He could see the slight impact impressions of where Markus indicated where he wanted to hit the dummy. Stomach just below the ‘ribcage’ or the nether region...

Ball had a choice at this point. He flexed his body, pondering his choices as he allowed his body to flex, twist, and contort into odd shapes as he released any annoying air bubbles that existed with crackling pops from within. Ball nodded he had a good idea where he was going to make connection with. The dummy wasn’t a moving, living being, so the target wasn’t going to dodge his attack. Ball took in a deep breathe and started to run towards the dummy. Ignoring his patron’s positioning to the thing Ball kept increasing his speed, as he moved his upper body shifted on the outside, tapering to a sharp point from the waist up, Ball’s arms were pulled into the shape-shifting outcome.

As he got closer, Ball’s inner body was also being contorted into a spring formation, with each running step closer the spring tightened. At the critical point of inner tension Ball was a foot and a half away from the mock enemy. His feet were moving so fast only one was on the ground, using the minor lose of momentum to stop hard on it his knees bent and he pushed off hard.

As he pushed off his lower body pulled up, the legs mashing together and then folding up into his waist to form a semi-spherical dome on the bottom.

The point of his body made impact with the stitching that formed the junction between the legs, his initial momentum was enough to drive his body through the canvas and stitching, into the inner stuffing which consisted of molding wool and straw (both probably from the stables no less). Second later and it appeared his body was lost within.

It was no that Ball released his second attack from within the hot stuffed dummy. The tightly coiled inner spring of Ball’s body released and his body shot forward, it didn’t move far before the dome of his body connected with the straight and stiff wooden pole that was the spine, a dull crack was heard and his body shifted trajectory and came out of the dummy’s front side...

The pycon’s body tore through the canvas just above the location that would be a person’s belly button. As his body existed it pre-existing combat pointed form was replaced by his bald faceless head and arms. When he was out complete his legs were reformed and his trajectory was slowing and angled to the ground. Just before impact the pycon tucked himself into a nearly perfectly formed ball and rolled to a slower pace before rolling onto his feet and coming to a stand still and turning back towards both Ser Pycon and the training dummy.

Created goes to EuthisaImage
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Markus Andres on January 28th, 2014, 9:40 pm

The way with which Ball moved about was foreign to Markus. He had no possible frame of reference that would be helpful to the small piece of clay. Perhaps a snake as it struck hard, Savitaire might have been able to help Ball with the sudden spring like attack pattern. Give some insight in how to improve himself. But Markus could just stand there and look perplexed when the clay suddenly speed forward and crashed into the training dummy with an insane amount of force. The impact made Markus unwillingly take a small step away from the dummy. Yet he was awestruck by what he saw. The destructive power. He went into the dummy. Disappeared like a needle and moments later Markus had an audible snap from what he could only assume was the 'spine' of the dummy.

It was then determined that Markus would never train Ball without wearing armour. He did not trust the lump of clay enough yet, did not trust that he might control his anger and wouldn't suddenly attack Markus. It had said it itself, Imass had been the only reason for him to join. What kept him loyal when the brilliant knight was gone and replaced by Markus. Who in many ways fell short of Imass' natural leadership. The destruction the little ball wrecked upon the dummy was rather intense to watch.

Weapon, yes. Sentient, most likely. Knight material, still to be determined.

"Well done. You have the destruction part down, but I find the proximity with which you attacked a bit worrying. Do you have to get right in front of the dummy in order to reach that high. As I said, range and accuracy. See if you can reach from further away. I want you to be able to hit the same spot-" Markus pulled the Bastard and pointed at the wonderfully weak spot between the hips. "- Right here. I want repetition upon repetition until you get it right every time. A novice practices until he gets it right, a master practices until he can't get it wrong. So get to it. If I am satisfied with your attacks, then we can take a break. Until then, attack." Markus stepped back and sheathed his sword again.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on March 7th, 2014, 1:44 pm

OOCEek, sorry to leave ya hanging for so long. >.< My gawds, 28th of January and ya been awaiting my response I feel like an uber schmuck. Sorry Markus >.<

Ball listened to his knightly instructor on his not-quite-criticism-but-not-entirely-a-compliment and also what the knight had to say in regards to this current training session. The squire sighed, internally he was seething in anger, but the man was right. Ball didn’t need to be that close to the dummy, he just didn’t usually attack from further away, it was harder to get the speed needed to gain the height required in order to have his trajectory remain on target. Turning in place the Pycon made himself walk away from the dummy some distance away.

Turning back to look at his target the squire exhaled a breathe, it was a ways away, Ball wasn’t entirely sure how far away it was, but it was definitely far enough, if the pycon had to guess he was twenty feet or so from it. Prepping his body to take off Ball looked at the terrain before him, there were small spots of uneven terrain where the ground lifted upward due to some poor weather or construction or purely just being old. Some were lifted higher than others too. Ball nodded, a few were relatively close to one another, and they could be used as leverage points. His inner body started to coil, winding itself to give the Pycon his needed power to make the final jump from ground to dummy.

Shifting position of his body the Pycon gauged once more his location to his target… Roughly twenty feet away, Ball had scanned the area and found the highest point of raised terrain was two-thirds from him on the left hand side of the dummy. Go time Ball. Ball pushed off with both feet, running first to the center before he rolled off to the right and pushed off the ground as he came back to his feet. This quick-roll and lunge gave the pycon the altitude to land on a small rise a foot from his starting position.

Feet landed gently on the terrain before the pycon propelled himself once more, forward before he found himself landing on a slightly higher bit of stonework and using his left foot he pushed himself off towards that direction. Ball’s line of vision caught the dummy as he went from right-to-left, rolling as he made contact with the ground to prevent injuries to himself the Pycon ran forward, the large outcrop of cobblestone was about ten feet away from his current position.

Several ticks later and he jumped, landing on that higher elevation and shifting his body towards the dummy he jumped hard, the inner coil he was saving was so tight he could feel the want to release, but his body hadn’t reached maximum height and distance. Just a bit more… The small clay squire’s legs kicked hard as he went airborne, trying to coax the air around him to boost him just a little higher, it seemed to have worked out of pure luck as Ball seemed to gain some more altitude before he rocketed forward.

His inner body coil released the potential energy, turning it into a forward propulsion of kinetic energy. This forward motion at such a rapid speed force the squire to pull himself into a small shape – one with less surface to be buffered by and a shape that was far easier to travel to the air… So the shape was simple. The pycon became a slender tapered rod shape that looked akin to a javelin.

This form allowed Ball to soar through the air to the dummy seven feet away. The point was dropping steadily and with four tick the pycon’s tapered front crashed just to the left of the junction, the point of a person’s leg that was just curving inward to meet up with the other leg and the nether region in the middle. Ball’s shape didn’t collapse on itself as he kept going forward, tearing the dummy’s canvas skin apart on both sides, his exit pulling out large amounts of stuffing and a puff of what could only be dust followed.

The blasting through of the dummy dropped the pycon’s moment and he fell towards the ground, only to roll into a small ball rather quickly and then unrolled himself once more into his humanoid shape. The pycon didn’t stop moving though, he kept running, determined to continue this exercise both ways. After hitting a distance far enough away the pycon didn’t pause, the squire immediately made a full-turnaround and was once more heading in the direction of the dummy. This time he jumped earlier, thus being further away from the canvas enemy. Being nearly nine feet away Ball crashed into the target without shifting his form. He connected with the center of the targeted area. Just his sheer bulk was enough to tear his way through to the other side and Ball immediately flopped to the ground.

… The poor dummy had nothing left in that region to make contact with for damaging purposes. Panting heavily he stood and looked at Ser Pycon, his mouth hanging open as his body sucked oxygen in in large amounts. His hands on his legs at the point of their bending that would be considered his knees.

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Markus Andres on March 14th, 2014, 9:01 am

It was almost poetically beautiful to see Ball destroy the wooden dummy. For a five pound lump of clay, its strikes were accurate, powerful, fluid... If Markus had had any lingering doubt, he did not have them now, this thing was a wrecking Ball of death and destruction... and the knights had decided Markus should turn him into a proper squire? It was rare Markus had misgivings about his superiors, this was one of those times. Well, he would have to trust that his superiors knew what they were doing. That they had faith in him. A test of sorts?

Markus shook those thoughts away and Ball tore off another part of the dummy. Markus took a step away to not get showered in dummy remnants. If Ball did not turn out as a proper squire, he could always get a job as a wrecking ball. Markus almost chuckled at his own poor pun. It did bring a smile to his lips to see Ball either vent his frustrations or show his commitment. He preferred the latter, but the former might also work. Either way, Markus was satisfied with what Ball had done. What surprised him the most was that Ball was sucking in air. Wasn't he made of clay? Why did clay need air. The more he learnt, the less he understood.

"You have definitely earned your rest, Ball." Markus said before stepping in front of what used to be a training dummy. Now more useful for firewood. Well, he guessed that was the good part, even a broken dummy could be used for something. The bad part, the money for a new dummy was probably coming out of his salary. He turned to Ball as the thing 'lay' there 'panting'. Markus needed to find someone who could explain him more about Pycons. Or a book. Something. Looking down at his squire. Or he could interrogate the source.

"So Ball, where do you come from? Do you have a home somewhere? Do you have family? As you might have noticed, I do not know much about Pycons or your culture." Markus asked Ball. Trying to get to know his squire. Know Pycons in general. "You're made of clay, only clay or do you have... a skeletal structure? Somewhere you store the brain?" Markus spoke softly. Choosing his words delicately, trying not to anger the clayman, speaking in a neutral inquisitive tone. Best he could do when talking to something that was such a foreign concept to him.

Worst part about a conversation with Ball, was the response- broken common that he hd to think hard to understand. Like a thick slurred accent diluting the words into individual sounds. It was annoying to translate. Still, he could teach Ball how to speak. Provided the thing was willing to learn.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on March 20th, 2014, 3:28 pm

Ball sat up as the man he came to know as Ser Pycon started to ask him questions. Question involving his heritage, his being, his… his internal workings?! Why… Why in the world? Ball started at the man. He decided it was safer to start with the questions he could answer, as there wasn’t very good ways to explain how the things were explained. “I. Cah. Um. Fo. Ra. Um. Mah. Pah.Er.Ants.” [‘I come from my parents.’] The small pycon had to pause, he figured that the two statues he saw shadowed by the huge storm that arched overhead were his parents. The woman was screaming in labor and the father was knelt besides her trying to soothe her troubles, Ball came to this world just as his parents left it.

Shaking his memories away the squire’s lips were pursed in a thin line of determination to answer as many question as he could. “I. Luh.Iv.Ah. In. Raw.Caw.Bee.Es.Ta.” [‘I live in Rock-Beast.’] Ball held out arms to indicate their currently location as ‘Rock-Beast’. Ball could not answer the family question as accurately as he wanted to, Ball had no idea what he could consider ‘family’ in this case. “Nu.Ight.Sa.” [‘Knights.’] Came the answer, right after Markus asked about family, it was the only answer Ball could give. It was the only answer he had to give. After that Ball refused to answer any more questions, or didn’t know the answers to them. His racial cultural he knew little of, the poor pycon he did meet in Nyka revered him, but Ball didn’t understand it and decided to attack instead.

Hah, not getting information on my nexus from me. Go find out yourself.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Markus Andres on March 23rd, 2014, 5:50 pm

“I. Cah. Um. Fo. Ra. Um. Mah. Pah.Er.Ants.”

Markus stared at his squire as it spoke. Might be a wrecking Ball of destruction, but it was a petching annoying wrecking ball. It took Markus several seconds to understand what the petch the thing was saying. Then when he realized how inanely stupid it was what it had said, he wondered why he even bothered to learn more about the little thing. Then he thought about it for a moment and realized, until then he had not considered Ball having parents. Family, perhaps, other Pycons created alongside him. Not actual parents. Did he refer to small claymen and women. That was when the second revelation came. Did Ball have a gender? Probably did. Which meant Markus would have to learn to think of it as a he instead of an it. Or that thing. The squire shook his head as his master shook his head in utter disbelief.

Then he spoke again.

“I. Luh.Iv.Ah. In. Raw.Caw.Bee.Es.Ta.”

I luiva, live. In Rawcawbee-es-ta. Rawca beast? Rawcowbeast. RockBester. Rockbeast! What the petch was a rockbeast. What sort of nonsense was his squire spewing at him. Once again his mind provided the answer. The thing called him ser Pycon, probably had no idea what the name of Syliras was. Probably called it Rockbeast. Either that or it was some stupid rock he had found on his travels. Petch if Markus knew. The last answer was rather heart warming. If Markus didn't have a headache coming on. He considered the knights his family. Much like how Markus considered them his family.

Oh gods, I am feeling sympathy for a piece of clay. Markus looked to the dummy one more time before standing before Ball. He had gotten a great assessment of what skills Ball possessed when it came to, for lack of better word, hand to hand combat. He was a deadly piece of clay and Markus could work with that. He had his, lack of better word, heart in the right place and considered the knights his family. All things he could work with and actually caused Markus to feel a sliver of respect for the little guy. Although Rhysol would have to torture him until the end of days before he would admit it to anyone.

"Stand attention, Ball." Markus said. Knowing full well that the time was not up. But the squire did lack discipline and having his break cut short so Markus could give him the rest of the day off for solo practice was perhaps a fair trade. Markus waited until Ball either disobeyed his command, for which Markus would yell the command louder. If he did obey. The words would be kinder and more softly.

"Right. You know how to fight, but I knew that already. I did just not realize what potential for destruction you possess. Your training when it comes to this skill will be solitary from now on. I will periodically check on your progress and I expect you to make improvements ever ten days at least. First time is the day after tomorrow. Prepare for riding lessons and using your lance. Otherwise, a fine performance, squire. Dismissed, Ball." Markus would watch his squire if it chose to roll away. Either way, if he stuck around or not. He would just stare at what had once been a fully functional training dummy.

Then he wondered how much it cost to replace one of those.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on March 27th, 2014, 4:06 pm

Ball waited for his patron to take in what he had said, the Pycon knew he had issues with communications, even though Common was his native tongue the small squire still had such a difficult time speaking it. The lack of a tongue and proper training in speaking didn’t help matters any, and Ball knew he needed to learn how to speak clearly and properly before he gained knighthood. No knight, civilian, or squire would ever take the small pycon seriously if he couldn’t even speak clearly and understandably.

When it came time for Markus to continue their lesson Ball stood when ordered to, a squire did as told after all. Even though the three inch bit of clay knew he had a few ticks left of the break, he didn’t protest, combat knew no breaks after all. Yet the words that Ser Pycon spoke next nearly knocked the little clay man over, he was being complamented in his fighting skill, and that he was going to be given the rest of the day off to train or whatever and that tomorrow he was to bring Thorn and Imass and prepare for lance training… Mounted lance training. Shyke… Thorn sat in his trunk in the dorms with a bent tip. The petching squire screwed up his mount-base weaponry last season while training with it solo. Eh, too late now, Ball figured he would just bring it anyway and deal with the consequences as they came about.

No much he nor I can do… Unless he is going to get Thorn repaired… Which I doubt. Without another word though Ball turned and called for his dog. It was a simple whistle and the dog got up from its place of napping and presided to allow the three inch being of clay to mount it and nudge him back to the dorms. Rest… Then food.

OOCSubmitting for Grading!

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Radiant on April 11th, 2014, 6:01 pm

Ball :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +2 XP
Socialization +2 XP
Riding: Dog +1 XP
Acrobatics +3 XP
Running +1 XP
Py-ken +1 XP
Storytelling +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Markus: New Patron Knight
Squired By Markus
Combat: Weak Spots In Human Anatomy
Combat: Lowblow
Py-Ken: Javelin Charge

Loots
+5 Shield Points

Markus :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +2 XP
Socialization +2 XP
Leadership +2 XP
Teaching +3 XP
Interrogation +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Ball: New Squire
Ball: Speaks In Gibberish
Ball: Joins The Order Because Of Imass
Combat: Lowblow
Pycon: Can Change Body Shape To Weapons

Loots
+5 Shield Points

Notes :
What an epic training thread, Ball and Markus! :D I love how the viewpoint switches from Student to Teacher then vice versa as I read your posts.

Enjoy your grades!

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous