Completed Dust to Dust

[Clyde Sullins] Ricky is sent to patrol the Mirahil Pass as a report has concerned the Wave Guard, and the fisherman invites another to tag along on the job.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Dust to Dust

Postby Ricky Maze on February 21st, 2014, 10:54 pm

Dust to Dust
Winter 5th 513 AV; 13th Bell

It was chilly out in the midst of all these hills and crags for sure, as Ricky brushed his arms with a shiver while he continued to follow the path. Today he’d been given a job that he’d been thought to serve well for, as word had reached the Wave Guard of a problem that could be just within their pass. Word is that some merchants managed to fight off something called a “Yukman” and reported it to the head of the Guard, and now there was concern that maybe a swarm of these creatures were somewhere within range of Mirahil Pass. Luckily Ricky didn’t have to go at it alone, but rather than bringing a few other Wave Guards along, he thought to invite someone who’d likely knew these creatures better.

Clyde proved to be welcome to the city and would always be treated so with Ricky, however the fisherman couldn’t forget the fact that Clyde was in fact an outsider. Well of the sort. Whether Clyde had resided in Zeltiva before hand was beyond Ricky’s understanding since he knew only so little, but either way the mage knew much compared to the fisherman. He was from the outside and that meant he had to have experience in matters like this.

Thus a couple bells before setting out on this job he had done the honors of inviting Clyde via courier, which should’ve indicated that Ricky wanted the two to meet one another within the pass to handle this would be scouting mission. There wasn’t much need to prep for this considering Ricky had nearly everything he needed, his large Wave Guard shield attached to a shoulder strap while the silver sword given to him as a promotion to Sergeant the other day rested in its scabbard at his waist. Although the walk through the pass was quiet, Ricky still made sure to be alert for any signs of movement while he came to his stopping point.

This was where he was meant to meet with Clyde, which is if the man decided to show up of course. The contents of the note weren’t but a brief message simply stating who the messenger was and to meet with him in the past. More so as a personal request that pertained to a job, and that Ricky would fill him in with the details once they’d met face to face again. Something about this job didn’t seem right to Ricky of course, since the Wave Guard usually patrolled more of the inner reaches of the pass rather than the outside. If there were Yukmen about then sure enough Ricky would definitely need another perspective from the outside, which is exactly why he’d chosen Clyde to help him with this mission.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Dust to Dust

Postby Clyde Sullins on February 23rd, 2014, 5:55 pm

Clyde had been interested to receive a message from a courier. He had been even more interested to find out the message was from Ricky, and he was requesting his aid...

For what, Clyde was a bit uncertain. Some sort of a mission? Why did the man feel he had the power to request Clyde's aid? Or did he perhaps see this as a honor? Similar things had happened. Or some other reason perhaps. Maybe he just felt he could not do it alone, and that with Clyde's aid he could.

Some might see it as a civil service but... Well Clyde was not of Zeltiva, and did not really see much of a need to aid it in its defense when it was lacking.

The only reason he did end up going was to keep his cover. He did not need to blow it know by showing he did not care, and so he ended up coming along for the scouting trip.

Likely they would find nothing. But even if they did, he was prepared. He had left most of his gear back at home, including his Glyphing supplies and his ever present pack. He wanted to stay fast and light just in case something went wrong, knowing how things could go outside of town.

He was in his normal clothes, with his Magecrafted robes he usually wore over them. Of course he also had his staff in hand, with a pair of light hammers, tucked into his belt which was worn over his robes.

And so he came to the pre-appointed place, giving a small wave as he came within sight of Ricky.

"So, Ricky... You request me here today? You where rather vague."
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Dust to Dust

Postby Ricky Maze on February 24th, 2014, 6:03 am

The sight of the mage as he finally seemed to trek his way along to meet with Ricky uplifted the worry the fisherman felt by a lot, as he knew good and well that he was in good hands with someone more experienced to tag along for this small venture. Indeed it was rather strange to request an outsider to lend aid but when it was called for, it was done so in the measurement to provide further safety for his fair home Zeltiva. Surely the fact that Clyde was here meant that deep down somewhere the lad had some good reason or intent for the city, whatever it was Ricky was glad to take it all the same seeing as how it’d heighten his chances of a more successful job with less casualties.

"Aye, Oi apologize f’r bein’ so… vague in me message." He had to admit there wasn’t a lot he could share through writing alone, given the fact the Wave Guard deferred to keeping errands such as this private when it concerned outer dangers. If such information got into the wrong hands then surely concern and panic would rise within the city, and that was something that everyone always wanted to avoid when it came to keeping the peace. "Oi did promise t’ fill ye in wit’ everyt’in upon arrival t’ough, and dat ya will ‘ave mate." He reassured Clyde with a humble smile, only to lose that smile as the report still worried him greatly. "Some caravans made it t’rough de pass not t’ long ago, and reported somet’in strange movin’ int’ de pass. T’ey say dat these creature’s were like men but with clay bodies ‘r somet’in, had a funny name t’ dem too when t’ey brought it up. Yukman."

He said the name as if it were cursed, like to utter the word would unleash a wicked haunting. Not that he was truly afraid of these creatures, but a man who didn’t at least fear the unknown sure enough lived a fool till his death. "Oi never really ‘eard o’ such a creature me self, alt’ough much o’ de Guard is more focused inside de Pass, along wit’ the waters of Mathew’s Bay. Oi t’ought dat if Oi was t’ be sent scoutin’ out de trail f’r t’ese beasts, den Oi should at least ‘ave someone from de outside along. Someone whose likely got far more experience wit’ t’ese creatures dan our own, since it’d greatly reduce de chances o’ casualties an’ such in de process." He had hoped that by sharing the fact that he chose Clyde for this would at least please Clyde to some extent, given the fact that he seem to be a man of wealthy knowledge.

"Yer not obligated t’ carry out dis job unless ya choose mate, but Oi’d feel much obliged if Oi had yer intellect wit’ me in de event we do find t’ese… creatures." He nodded with humility as he knew it more so sounded as a personal favor from him now, rather than the Guard as a whole, and could only hope Clyde could pardon him for once again; asking so much and likely going out on a whim with Ricky.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Dust to Dust

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 26th, 2014, 2:40 am

After a moment the man replied to Clyde's question, along with his note about the note being so absent of information...

"Aye, Oi apologize f’r bein’ so… vague in me message."

"Oi did promise t’ fill ye in wit’ everyt’in upon arrival t’ough, and dat ya will ‘ave mate."

Clyde shrugged. He guessed he would explain it to him at some point, after all if he did not know the situation going in then how could he properly respond or prepare for it? But of course he had not considered the fact that foreknowledge might have meant Clyde would be better prepared, and had instead just assumed Clyde could prepare his magics and defenses upon a moments notice.

If he had been another mage that would have more than likely been the case, and Ricky would have ended up dragging along a nearly useless djed weaver. Particular mages were good for particular jobs. Using the wrong kind was like using the wrong kind of tool to hammer in a nail. It might work, it might not, but in the end you'll have a bent nail that might or might not do its job, but certainly won't do so as intended.

Clyde was prepared to make some kind of smart comment, however was interrupted by the next words he said, which made Clyde tense up somewhat.

"Some caravans made it t’rough de pass not t’ long ago, and reported somet’in strange movin’ int’ de pass. T’ey say dat these creature’s were like men but with clay bodies ‘r somet’in, had a funny name t’ dem too when t’ey brought it up. Yukman."

Yukmen... Clyde had met them, met them far to many times. He'd faced them alone, faced them in groups, faced them on more occasions than most lived through... And the last time he'd met them with none but his then apprentice with him in the Cobalt Mountains, he'd had to take them on in magical combat, and had killed them in mass, had singlehandedly torn through a army of them with his djed soaked weapons of earth and stone.

He'd killed so many the earth flowed with their blood, so many the soil would not be parch for years... And still the rest of the group on that mission had faced quite a few and the losses had been horrible. So many that the mission from Ravok had to be all but scrapped, and was a failure before it even truly began.

"Oi never really ‘eard o’ such a creature me self, alt’ough much o’ de Guard is more focused inside de Pass, along wit’ the waters of Mathew’s Bay. Oi t’ought dat if Oi was t’ be sent scoutin’ out de trail f’r t’ese beasts, den Oi should at least ‘ave someone from de outside along. Someone whose likely got far more experience wit’ t’ese creatures dan our own, since it’d greatly reduce de chances o’ casualties an’ such in de process."

"Yer not obligated t’ carry out dis job unless ya choose mate, but Oi’d feel much obliged if Oi had yer intellect wit’ me in de event we do find t’ese… creatures."

As Ricky finished his long speech, Clyde paused for many moments as he thought through what he had said... Yukman... A untold quantity of them... Here, outside of Zeltiva. Clyde knew from personal experience the damage they wrought. While he did not really want to face them again, and while Ricky said he had no obligation and did not have to aid him... He knew he had to, to keep his cover, to keep the city from being attacked while he still stayed there, and to keep his package from being attacked by chance by the same group of yukman should they be left to wander... Yes, if they were not dealt with now, he had a strong feeling it would come back to bite him in the rear.

That settled, Clyde let out a strong huff of breath, struck his staff on the ground once, and gazed at Ricky.

“Aye, I know of these yukman, of the creatures they mentioned. I've faced them in combat more times than you'd believe, and in numbers that you'd be hard pressed to fathom. Think of men turned beast, turned feral, turned to the dirt and stone and ground, half melded to said ground into a distorted charade of a man, and that is what you will have. Yukmen. Men of filth and the dirt.”

Clyde paused for a moment in his storytelling, and gazed in the vague direction Ricky had indicated that they would be heading, further outside of Zeltiva, and then turned back to Ricky.

“I've faced many foes. Yukmen, Zith, other things that likely do not have a name or perhaps whose names have been forgotten in the depth of time. I rank Yukmen highly amongst those monstrosities, amongst the most dangerous. All they do is kill and eat and destroy, it is all that they know, all that they can do. They never travel alone either. I would wager either of us could kill a single one easily enough in combat. After all we have tools, have blades and such, and so can easily enough kill them. But they never fight alone, no they come in droves, in masses, in numbers counted legion.”

“Their entire kind deserves nothing less than to be cleansed from this land by a white hot flame. Kill them, burn their bodies, and let their names be forgotten as a rumor and a tale to be remembered vaguely.”

Clyde paused for a moment as he told his story, and looked at Ricky once more.

Clyde had formerly mentioned in passing a fluxer, a person who used the magic that Clyde knew, a fluxer who had been killed despite his magic. Now it seemed time to elucidate upon that story.

“You recall surely, recall how I told you of my prior apprentice, how he died? Or perhaps I only told you of him in passing. But I did tell you of him, the fluxer who's magic did not keep him from being killed. Yukmen were the ones that killed him. I was fighting more of them, we got separated, and he fought them alone. When I found him afterwords, there was barely enough intact to be sure it was even him. He killed some, a few handfuls, but they rushed him and tore him to bits, mashed him to a pulp like a berry underfoot.”

Clyde paused for a moment once more to let his words sink in, to let it hit home what these monsters were capable of. Then he pressed onward.

“And you want to go out looking for them, just the two of us, to find them, to kill them, to assess the threat, whatever it is that you want us to do. Just the two of us... Fine then, but do not say you were not forewarned. How skilled in arms are you? How good of a fighter are you? I know your skills in magic are meager, so what skills do you bring forth that will aid us in this fight, that can face up against a threat such as this, should it come down to us fighting them to the death?”

Clyde waited on Ricky's response, wondering what the threat truly was. Was there a few yukmen about? Or a number of them counted only as legion?

Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Dust to Dust

Postby Ricky Maze on April 27th, 2014, 5:00 am

Ricky knew good and well that the sigh Clyde gave before the coming story would mean that these creatures were bad news, even when he first started to hear the description Clyde gave upon them Ricky himself found the pit of his stomach in a nervous churn afterwards. Warped men of the earth? Sounded like something Overgiving had done perhaps, but then Djed exhaustion was the cause of Overgiving so they could’ve very well been warped by the very essence of Djed. Ricky could only guess that was the cause, seeing as they’d survived a Djed Storm back in the beginning of 512 AV. By de sound o’ it t’ey be creatures we should put under, we canny let dem near de city. He stroke his chin in deep thought about the situation, the concern for his home grew the more he heard from Clyde.

Yukmen. The story Clyde had told was something he wouldn’t have believed where he the same fisherman as before, but alas he’d been out in the world off and on and learned well enough that out in the wilds… anything is possible. So stories, fables, myths, all of those things were something to take into consideration when you would hear them, and now that Ricky had heard about Yukmen for the first time he started to dread the idea of running into them. He wasn’t all too sure if Clyde was serious in regards to burning them, or if that were just a statement of hatred he felt for them. Either way if they were as horrid and terrible creatures as the scholar did tell, then Ricky couldn’t blame him for expressing the thoughts the man shared with him. Then of course hearing of his Flux apprentice, that made everything clear with Ricky. Damn… Oi not only picked the roi guy, but the roi candidate f’r dis job. He admitted with a little regret on his part, he wondered if this would at all prove painful for Clyde to follow through with. So many bad memories, so many ill thoughts about a particular creature. Clyde knew more than enough to help Ricky out but now Ricky could only hope this wouldn’t in turn prove a hindrance on Clyde’s part.

"Wow… Oi’ve gotta say dat’s quite a story mate." He complimented before continuing on. "Oi’m sorry ye lost yer friend t’at way, Oi can only hope t’day doesn’t bring bad memories." He murmured almost apologetically to the man, a contemplative look to him followed as the next part of his speech follow. The two of them, against either a few or a group. The numbers were unknown. Yet Clyde was a magician and no doubt a skilled tactician to boot, therefore Ricky felt confident they could handle these things. "Oi’ve been practicin’ de ways o’ de longsword f’r several years now, ain’t no master but Oi can hold me own wit’ de blade." He assured the man with a nod to follow. "An’ o’ course Oi can handle a shield but it’s fairly new t’ me, Oi should be able t’ manage against t’ese Yukmen, wit’ yew at me side at least." He finished with a determined look then, his shield arm ready as the weighty round shield waited to fend off whatever danger lurked here.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on June 4th, 2014, 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Dust to Dust

Postby Clyde Sullins on May 2nd, 2014, 5:42 am

Clyde waited for Ricky's response, but already knew what it would be. His words as with his tales of Reimancy would not deter him, and he would want to continue onward regardless.

"Wow… Oi’ve gotta say dat’s quite a story mate. Oi’m sorry ye lost yer friend t’at way, Oi can only hope t’day doesn’t bring bad memories."

Clyde shrugged in response to the words. Honestly while the man had been his apprentice, he was not exactly a friend... Clyde tended to not allow people to get that close, and certainly did not get that attached to his students, to those under him. He was just glad it had occurred before Clyde had invested any further in him, which he had nearly done... But of course he'd since gotten a new apprentice.

“It's simply a description of what occurred, nothing more and nothing less. I've lost people before that, I don't doubt I will lose more some day. Fighting Dira is a foolish battle, and a waste of energy that could be spent better on things possible to accomplish.”

"Oi’ve been practicin’ de ways o’ de longsword f’r several years now, ain’t no master but Oi can hold me own wit’ de blade. An’ o’ course Oi can handle a shield but it’s fairly new t’ me, Oi should be able t’ manage against t’ese Yukmen, wit’ yew at me side at least."

Clyde nodded as Ricky went along just as Clyde had logically predicted him to. His past encounters had shown him how he reacted, and he was not going against this trend. He tended to butt his head and dive in when danger was called rather than being smart about it... Not the best trait in a mage, even if it was a good one at times for a warrior.

Thinking of their skills, of his weapons staff and hammer, of Ricky's weapon longsword and shield... Of their enemies yukmen and how Clyde had seen them attack with tooth and claws and inhuman strength... Screeching and rushing in at people... Clyde pulled all these factors together and worked out a plan, a set of tactics which could be used in their fight which seemed to inevitably be coming.

“Fine, but if we are to do this, then we will do it my way. Once battle commences I am in charge, and you will do as I say. I've fought these things before, I know more or less how they fight and attack, and I've seen what works and does not. If we agree to this, then I will accompany you.”

Pausing for a moment Clyde would give Ricky time to think, and then explain his plan, and then hear out whether or not he agreed to Clyde's terms.

“You are a close range fighter, that is where your skill lies. I'm better at a range, but can do some fighting close up with my staff and hammers in a pinch. I will try and pick them off from a distance, though I won't focus on killing them all. I'll only kill enough so that we wont be rushed all at once. This will save my djed in case it is needed later, since killing each and every one of them would require much more effort on my part."

"Those who I don't kill occasionally, those will come directly at us and try to claw and bite and kill us. Don't let them get on you, they are strong, stronger than their smallish size would denote. I need you to stay close to me and make sure none of the yukmen reach me. Keep by my side, let them come to you, and don't get farther from me than a few strides. When I'm deeply focused on my Reimancy I am vulnerable to assault, so can't be left open. Do you understand?”

If he understood the plan and agreed to Clyde's terms Clyde would motion for them to set off, and let Ricky take the initial lead since he knew which way the reports said the yukmen were most likely at.

Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Dust to Dust

Postby Ricky Maze on May 8th, 2014, 12:19 am

With the way Clyde's plan sounded there didn't seem to be any real flaws to his idea, Ricky was well suited for any close encounters and Clyde was best with the distances so naturally they made a good combination. So long as their synergy worked well together then everything should work out fine for them, as long as Ricky didn't find himself overwhelmed in numbers of course. Yukmen. Spawn of the earth that were all brawn and no brain, yet had just enough intellect to pick up on the way a fighter uses his tool.

Attack and Blast. An easy paradigm to follow for Ricky as his role in it was obvious, he was the warrior to attack the beasts while they came, and Clyde was the sorcerer to dwindle their numbers with his willpower. Magic. Such an effective thing to use when it came to combat, yet all the same a dangerous resort to have when on the field. However Ricky felt confident that they would succeed, why else would he not have brought Clyde along? "Aight den mate, sounds like de plan t' follow t'rough wit'." He agreed with a nod of affirmation, to show that he comprehended his key role in part of the whole.

With that said and done Ricky led the man onward throughout the path and in turn found a winding trail not too far, this one being a sort of alternating road that served as a separate means to travel through the pass. It was funny because out of the majority of the main road he and other Wave Guards patrolled, they'd never really thoroughly looked down these alternate paths to see what lies in waiting. Nor did they really ever travel this far from the city, since guards normally watched the inner reaches closer to the city more than anything. Yet to be out here, where the danger could very well multiple because they'd little knowledge of the terrain. It unsettled Ricky just a little. Yet this was the path which the informant tipped off, the off beaten road that wounded up along with the main one that led on through the pass.

In time they would come to reach an open but rugged area that looked to be surrounded by a few crags, with what looked to be the remains of one caravan already smashed. Though this didn't look as fresh as Ricky thought. Instead what little was left of the broken wagon looked to be weathered, as though it were here for an age or so. He looked to Clyde a little lost at first, eyes then directed out to the terrain around them. "Dis is de spot... Oi dun see not'in t'ough." He took a few steps forward and observed his surroundings, the air cool and moist while silence plagued the area. Something wasn't right though, it was far to quiet here for him. There could very well be the chance that one of these "Yukman" lingered about, silently waiting to get the jump while they were unaware... Then again Ricky was just paranoid already.

The odd thing Ricky noticed was that while the terrain itself seemed rough and jagged, some spots actually seemed less so as though other forms of rock resided there. It wasn't unusual of course as the very earth could be like that, but seeing as how they were searching out creatures made of flesh and soil it never hurt to be wary.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on June 4th, 2014, 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Dust to Dust

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 2nd, 2014, 10:17 pm

"Aight den mate, sounds like de plan t' follow t'rough wit'."

Clyde nodded as Ricky had accepted his leadership, and his tactics. Honestly they were simple and straightforward, not the work of a master tactician. Perhaps if they were they would have accounted for more factors, such as surprises, or terrain, or one of them being injured. Instead Clyde kept it simply and straightforward, easy to follow, but not broad enough to cover things if anything to unexpected happened.

But for their sake their would be no need for him to have created a more complex plan, whether or not Clyde was even capable of such complex tactics with his limited combat knowledge.

Soon enough they were both off, up the path, looking for the place where their intel had directed them.

They did not pause until the scenery chanced, as they approached a rocky open area. Something that did catch his eye was what looked to be the remnants of a caravan, or some traveling group, perhaps after a ambush or attack of some kind. It was hard to say if this was the result of yukman attacking, or some other event, but Clyde did not rule it out.

"Dis is de spot... Oi dun see not'in t'ough."

Clyde paused for a moment before responding, looking about. For a moment Clyde had thought nothing was about, that they had come here for nothing... But out of the corner of his eye, he had sworn he had seen some shifting... Shifting and motion right after Ricky had spoken, as if his words had been the cause of the motion.

He stared closer in the direction he had thought he had seen the motion, and inspected the rock. As he did, he saw another bit of motion, and watched as something rose up from the ground where it had been lying or crouching... Or hiding...

Clyde watched as the form stood up straight, taking a moment to balance itself and its to large head which almost made it fall over. It stood there for a moment and glared back at the two men, before it tilted its head back and let out a shrill set of sounds, bellowing forth "YUK YUK YUK!"

As it did, several other spots began to show motion, and at least three more yukman could be seen rising to their feet in reponse to the call.

Clyde didn't bother to wait, as soon as he saw the first yukman he began to call forth his res. Clyde stooped forward, and pressed his palms against the stony ground beneath them, still holding onto his staff. His res issued forth from both of his palms, soaking directly into the ground as a liquid, slowly spreading deeper and outward from where he placed his hands.

“I guess we found them, at least some of them.”

Clyde continued to watch as the yukmen rose, keeping his eyes on them as he pumped forth res into the ground.

The first one that had risen and made a call of YUK was the leader, or at least Clyde assumed that by its actions and its size in comparison to the others when they rose. The others were of roughly the same stature, each looking like the tops of their heads would come to Clyde shoulders. This was of course a bit harder to estimate by the distance ,and was only a rough estimate, but they certainly looked on the small side. The first one to rise however looked taller than the others, more like he'd come about halfway up Clyde neck, to just below his chin.

Clyde also noticed that one of its hands was malformed and oversized, and riddled with stones. It was clutched into a fist, a to large one, which looked like it was used for clubbing. Or at least, that seemed logical from the red coloring staining it which was all to likely blood.

Taking the lead of the first yukman to rise, all three of the others mimicked him, tilting back their heads and letting out a shrill set of three YUK's.

Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Dust to Dust

Postby Ricky Maze on June 4th, 2014, 4:49 am

Ricky had to admit the trail itself looked too peaceful, even more odd was the silence of the area. The mountains were quiet sure but nature never really grew this quiet, that is to say not without an unnatural cause such as- What de petch?! Ricky's attention shifted as his mind suddenly raced, the movement of the earth itself an unnatural force as something took shape from what once appeared to be a simple ordinary rock. A creature made of flesh and clay had taken form before them with a bellow that could only chill the bone. The fisherman drew his blade quickly out of shock with but a step back, the elaborately crafted longsword rang out with a cry for battle as the beautiful steel gleamed within the sun.

He held it before him at first in a manner of defense but as the two men watched the creature cry out others then started to form around him, they were slightly smaller for sure but all the same their numbers had already grown. There were four Yukmen now and two humans, one a mage and the other a fighter. Ricky looked to his ally next and found that Clyde had already started work with his magic, the presence of Djed tingled the fisherman's spine as he rearranged his position. He stood close to Clyde but not too close, enough to give the man his needed space for magic, while at the same time being ready to face the creatures that would dare advance forward and attack them. Attack and blast, or another way to put it... Slash and burn. Though he was being a defender in this case, which meant the tactic was more or less Blast and Defense. An Arcane shield. How about that.

Either way the idea was perfectly clear, Ricky was the defender and Clyde was the sorcerer. With the movement of the first three made Ricky raised his shield first with the sword behind him, the blade positioned at his waist where the scabbard was as though he pretended to sheath it. The creatures weren't quick but they didn't waste time either, the first one already close to several feet away from Ricky as he prepared his shield arm. The first creature was at last close enough and he pitted the toes of his boots against the stone trail, and went into a sudden tackle that led him to bash the Yukman momentarily. The bash ended with his shield being shoved hard and Ricky retreating back into his original defensive position, while the creature itself reeled back into the group. They scowled and bellowed as though they challenged Ricky and Clyde, but in truth they were likely calling for reinforcements. Something that would make this task a little bit more difficult to handle if they were to be further outnumbered.

"Dat... can't be good." Ricky murmured as he flicked his sword in a circular motion once, no doubt both his sword and shield arms were going to get exercise out of this. He remained in the defensive with a focused look, and ignored the frantic pace of his heartbeat as he blocked out all thoughts of fear. He couldn't let himself falter or lose courage, not when Clyde definitely needed him for defensive purposes. He trusted the mage even if they didn't end their last encounter on good terms, and in turn would prove him a ally worth trusting in the moments when everything looked complicated.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Dust to Dust

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 4th, 2014, 5:50 pm

Clyde was fast at exuding his res, but he did not attack the moment he got some out. He had a plan, and needed to stick to it, and he knew that the more he had to work with the better off he would be in the fight.

So instead of attacking right away as the first larger yukman came at them, he trusted Ricky to defend him. All the while Clyde was pumping his res into the ground with both hands, feeling as the aspect of him bonded to and flooded the earth, spread out and down.

Then Clyde was free, no longer constrained to his body but floating out upon the terrain, grinding and bonding and tearing and creating all at once. Without even thinking he knew what he must do, a technique Clyde had done before. The earthen spike. But of course in this case it was more stone, and he was trying for a bit more finesse than the other times.

Also since he did not know how long he would need to fight, he was better off reusing the same spikes. Clyde grabbed at the stone, sifting and molding and forming it into several long spikes about the size of a forearm, and with a sharp point at both of the ends. He infused it with more res, res that would keep control over it and allow him to strengthen and hold it together even should it receive damage or punishment in the fight. As he did this the he that stood upon his back chanted a song to drive him forward, to focus him, and to bind their wills.

“I mold the stone as clay in my hands, I make a weapon to return you to the lands... With this weapon I shall sow... Your flesh and bone will break and bow...”

With the he that stood upon his back still holding his palms against his flesh, the he that was the earth and stone shifted and shoved and burst forth.

As the first yukman was knocked backward stumbling, and knocked into the others behind him, there was a small moment when they paused in their forward rush, when they were off guard. Seizing the opportunity, there would be a small eruption of dirt and bits of stone form under their feet as Clyde commenced his attack. Three long spears of stone glistening with bright silvery liquid would burst forth from under them.

One would rise straight up and pierce into a yukman's chin, the point pressing upward and into its skull and brain and killing it instantly, and lodging in place.

The second spear would fly upward and pierce into the second's chest, skewering right through its flesh and chest, breaking bones and ribs as it passed through. As it pushed through there would be a sudden twist, a turning of Clyde's will, and the spike would yank the yukman off his feet sending him sprawling to the side. It was still alive, but was injured, and would need time to rise.

The third spike rose a moment to soon, and flew upward aimed at the yukman's head. Seeing it coming the yukman paused, and instead of skewering it under the chin like the first the spike flew by. However with another pull of his will, the remaining res willed the spike back down, and as the forward momentum of the yukman carried it forward the spike dropped propelled by attraction, and sank into the back of the yukman's head, breaking bone and brain as it thrust through, till it pushed out the front of the beasts oversized head and the tip exploded with a splash of blood and gore out of its mouth. It fell dead forward, landing amongst the leader's feet, the one that had been pushed back by Ricky.

In the end two of the yukmen were dead, one was wounded with a serious chest wound, and one was unharmed, attempting to regain its footing to make another charge at Ricky and Clyde.

All the while as he worked his spell, Clyde continued to chant, glaring at the beasts before him.

“Tumble and bumble and crumble you shall, you'll find your no match for me and my pal. You've killed and you've slaughtered and torn at man flesh, but in the end it shall mean your quick death.”

Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next