[The Stained Pelt] Target Practice (Miu)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Palla Frostfawn on February 5th, 2014, 12:49 pm

I'm kind of angry that they scammed us, but not that mad. Palla considered the girl's rage as they rode. They stopped at a clearing overtaken by waist-high tall grass. Apparently, the girl was giving her a gift by teaching her how to hunt. Well, I've always kind of wanted to learn! I hadn't imagined learning like this, but I may as well take advantage of it. Palla thought.

She silently obeyed the girl's command, taking the bow and an arrow and aiming at the rabbit. Palla aimed very carefully, sure she would at least get near it, shot, and...missed by a foot. The rabbit hopped forward a little, but seemed to not take much notice of Palla. She tried a different approach. Palla took aim a second time, careful not to make a noise, and shot once again at the rabbit. Palla was surprised that it almost grazed the rabbit's foot, but not close to drawing blood. It hopped away, for good this time, but before she could apoligize to the girl, she realized that she was taking her clothes off.

Is the girl mad!? Before she knew it, though the girl had shifted, and a wolf stood before her. Oh, she must be one of those shape shifting races... What are they called again?

She watched as the wolf-girl took off to startle the rabbits hiding in the tall grass. She heard a howl coming from the grass, and she wondered about the girl.
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Words: 117768
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2013, 3:58 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Miu Lonewolf on February 9th, 2014, 7:42 pm

✯Miu✯
"I will find peace within the future, This is what drives me forward."

A squeal, growl and then a yelp...

All the sounds didn't make sense coming from the grass intill the large white wolf was charging out of the grass with a large beast one would call a land spawn chasing behind on her heels, Her gray eyes flashed before her before they met hers and she was off, taking off into the woods before jumping down from a tall rock ledge landing on the large pig like beast growling deeply from the back of her throat.

The beast squealed like a pig as it's shoulder and throat were ripped open and she was thrown off with a thump! as she hit a tree and then slid down it, in a few heartbeats she was up charging at the beast before knocking it down before it could even turn towards Palla, she dug her teeth into the land spawns throat and clamped down intill it went limp...

It jerked and whined as it hanged from her mouth dieing, her fur was covered in it's blood as it slammed it into a tree, once... twice...

She often did this with large predators but it was heavy and strong even in it's death. she dropped it before backing up watching it closely before turning to Palla wondering if she was okay.
Miu Lonewolf
Lost Among Many

Words: 39707
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2014, 7:26 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Palla Frostfawn on February 10th, 2014, 12:17 am

Palla watched as the girl, in her wolf form, started chasing a large beast. She ran as fast as she could after the girl, but the girl and the large animal were too fast for her. Palla kept running, her heart pounding, as she chased the wolf-girl. I have to keep running ater them. If I lose the girl, I'm lost. I can't navigate through this wilderness. Palla ran through the woods, and watched in a mix of awe and horror as the girl jumped off a rock ledge onto the animal.

The bloody creature was still hanging stubbornly onto life as it's throat was ripped open. The girl clamped her teeth down on the creature until it went limp. The wolf-girl then slammed it against a tree twice. It's already dead... Maybe she's just making sure? The animal seems like it may be dangerous, after all. Palla was impressed, if not a bit scared of this girl's savage side. "G-Good catch" Palla stammered. "I-I'm not skilled enough to survive out here. I-I feel like that creature would have ended up harming me instead of the other way a-around if it was me trying to hunt it. Palla tried to make a little bit of small talk. "I never did find out what your name was..."
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Miu Lonewolf on February 11th, 2014, 11:53 pm

✯Miu✯
"I will find peace within the future, This is what drives me forward."

Miu sighed as she switched back, walking over to where she would find her clothes. "Miu, I already told you." She was sure she had back at the targets but it wasn't too much of a deal, she liked the girl.

"That thing has been in and out of here trying to get me back for taking out it's eye a few days ago." She pulled on her shirt as she turned to the girl tightening her belt bare footed. Next came her shoes, "You did good, catch anything?" She was nonchalant about it all, simply getting dressed as she watched their surroundings for anymore danger.
Miu Lonewolf
Lost Among Many

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Palla Frostfawn on February 12th, 2014, 8:51 pm

"Oh. I-I didn't hear you say it. S-Sorry."Palla could have sworn the girl had never mentioned her name, but it didn't really matter to her. She looked away as the girl put on her clothes. It was awkward for Palla, but the girl acted like nudity was nothing. Palla suddenly grew nervous as she listened to the girl's next sentence. Was I supposed to stay at the camp and hunt? How was I to know? I was too busy chasing Miu! I should have just tried to hunt back at the camp. She would have come back to help me find my way home eventually... "S-Sorry, I didn't catch anything."

I-I forget what you are... Y-You are a wolf-girl, w-what is that called?"Palla blurted out without thinking. "I-I apoligize, that sounded very rude. I-I meant to ask what your race was called." Palla said hurriedly. Me and my big mouth, never thinking before I talk.
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Miu Lonewolf on February 28th, 2014, 7:27 pm

Trying to act nonchallant she brushed it off pulling on her shirt, "What? never seen a naked girl or a Kelvic?" She laughed trying to act like it was nothing, watching her before clearing her throat. "Hunting and Catching are two different things dear, I'll have you shoot at birds in a bit but for now...." She picked up a rock throwing it into a bush having heard the hare moments before knocking it down with the rock, coming over she stomped on it's head and picked up the poor thing. "...Starved. Guess, somethings messing with them..."
Miu Lonewolf
Lost Among Many

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Palla Frostfawn on March 2nd, 2014, 8:38 pm

OOCI know you are on mobile, and it’s hard to type, but please try to make the posts longer. I don’t want to sound pushy, but I also don’t want an intervention. I do at least 50% of my posts on my phone. Also, sorry for the late reply!
Miu's words bounced around in Palla's head. "Of course! They have Kelvic polar bears back in Avanthal. I'm such an idiot, so sorry." Why do I have to be so petching stupid sometimes? Now I look like a moron. Palla scolded herself before realizing the other part of what Miu said. I never have actually seen a naked girl… I wouldn’t watch someone change... Just as Palla opened her mouth to respond, she realized that was a rhetorical question and shut her mouth quickly.

“H-Hunting and catching are two different things?” At first, I thought the girl didn’t know much about hunting, but she seems much more knowledgeable than me. I guess first impressions aren’t always correct.

Palla watched as Miu hit a rabbit that had come out of the brush with a rock. It appeared that Miu had killed it with just that blow I would never be able to kill that casually “M-Maybe they just can’t find food in the winter” Palla replied to Miu’s comment about the rabbit. Palla had never tasted hare, and wondered if Miu would let her try some.

“D-Do you sell the pelts?” Everyone has to make a living somehow, I wonder how this girl does it. I doubt she can live off the land, it’s too dangerous. She seems so...perfect. Everyone has their problems, but she seems to be living in this wilderness with such ease. Wait… Isn’t the Stained Pelt the place that buys pelts? How’ll she ever get them to buy her pelts after that outburst?
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shijara on May 27th, 2014, 12:57 pm

Palla Frostfawn

The Good Stuff :
Experience:
Skill XP
Socialization +3
Weapon: Bow +3
Hunting +1

Lore(s):
Getting Dragged On A Hunt
Miu: Savage Huntress
Miu: Kelvic

Loot:
-3sm for bow rental

Notes:
There seems to be some confusion on the money aspect of things mention in the first post. If Palla is charged 3gm for a rental, she will need to give more than just 1gm. However, I think you meant to say the renting price is 3sm, in which case she would be receiving 7sm in return for her single gold miza. Just make sure to edit that so it's clearer, please. :)

As for your actual writing, I liked it. I think Palla is a bit too hard on herself, but I think it's also what makes me feel for her character like I do. I can definitely say she handles certain situations much better than I would. Good job. This was a cute read.

Miu Lonewolf

The Good Stuff :
Experience:
Skill XP
Socialization +3
Weapon: Bow: +2
Hunting +1
Unarmed Combat +1

Lore(s):
Palla: A Bit More Timid
Showing Off Your Skills
Taking Down A Kill

Loot:
-3sm for bow rental

Notes:
Mui definitely seems like the type of girl I wouldn't want to rub the wrong way. Very tough and take charge. Sorry I couldn't award much here but I did what I could. Just try to add a bit more length to your posts and make sure your actions are within your skill level. I feel like hitting a hare with a rock would be a rather difficult thing to do with only a novice level in hunting. Other that that stuff, I think you did well.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and I'll be happy to discuss it with you. Keep writing!
TO MY WONDERFUL PARTNERS: You guys are the best.
Shijara
Soul Stealer

Words: 95233
Joined roleplay: February 26th, 2014, 8:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous