[Riverfall Location] Zhongjie Warren (Bazaar)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Palla Frostfawn on January 24th, 2014, 1:29 am

Timestamp: 1st of winter, 513 AV
There was no way around it, Palla needed undergarments. It was very awkward when her washing day came. Palla grabbed her map and backpack and put her coat and boots on, and left the Windswept condo building, wearing her only set of clothes, a long, brown shirt, and simple black pants.
This will be embarrassing, but I need another pair of undergarments. What else can I do? I need them for when washing days come. Palla walked through the rows of stalls until she found a stall that sold undergarments and other unmentionables. Fortunately for Palla, a woman ran the stall. "I-I need some undergarments?" Palla stammered nervously. She placed a silver miza on the counter, and a set of undergarments were handed to her. She stuffed them into her backpack, embarrassed.
Palla needed some other things, too. I want to start keeping a journal. I need wood, too, and a knife for carving.
Palla soon found a stall that sold some wood, but only in small amounts. She bought about 5 pounds of it, and stuffed it in her backpack. It wouldn't even close, it had about a quarter of the wood sticking out of it. She bought a small knife, too, for carving. It was meant as a weapon, but it would do fine, Palla decided. She kept it in her sleeve, trying to conceal it. She bought a vial of ink, a blank book, and a bunch of quills. Eight, to be exact.
Palla had decided she needed a dress, in case she ever decided to go to a fancy place. She found a vendor that sold clothing, and she bought a dress that was purple and relatively simple.
Prices(to be added to ledger) :
Undergarments = 1 sm
Wood = 1 gm
Vial of ink = 1 gm
cotton Dress= 1 gm
Knife= 5 sm
Blank Book = 3 gm
8 Quills = 4 sm
Total = 7 gm
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Words: 117768
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2013, 3:58 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Grace Lechar on March 7th, 2014, 10:57 pm

14th of Spring 514AV

As Grace entered the proximity of the Bazaar, Jeno got excited. All the people and wonderful smells mixed with the less-cold-and-more-chilly morning, it was perfect. Despite the wind that whipped Grace's hair across her face and stuck her nose, it was a good day. She had packed all her things, which quit pitifully fit in her single backpack comfortably, and moved out of her brand new apartment. Kavala had offered her a job at the Sancturary and due to the odd hours a place to live as well. It didn't matter to Grace the three nights she spent in the apartment wasn't enough to get her attached or even moved in. AS they neared the first stall, Jeno closed his mouth and perked his ears, eyeing a tall blue customer that had a handful of baskets.

"Jeno you better behave, I will kick you if you bite anyone." She growled at the dog, it seemed cruel but Jeno understood her tone, he let his tongue lull again but kept his ears perked, he was still aware but he seemed relaxed. Grace sighed, she didn't want the stupid guard dog, but he was a gift and she loved him. Grace walked up to the nearest stand smiling up at the Akalak who had just finished paying. She didn't intend for it to be an invitation for a conversation but he started one anyway.

"Hello there," Again Grace noticed the unwarranted flash of fear course through her before he spoke again. "You must be new to town?" He flashed his white teeth, the politeness calming her some.

"Actually I am." Grace flashed a quick smile in dismissal and turned to look at the baskets, buckets and chests, that lined the stall. He continued to attempt a conversation with Grace which wasn't annoying her so much as she thought it was. She looked up into the man's golden eyes again.

"I'd like to show you around some time, there is an excellent tea house up the street. My name is Ginor." He brought his deep purple arm to rest on the pole that held the stall up, bringing his head lower so that she didn't have to strain to look up. Grace's cheeks flushed, the obvious question causing her to hesitate. She wanted to get what she needed and get to the Sanctuary at some point in the day.

"I, um, well I need to get a few things." She flipped her gaze from each of his pupils and back, gauging his reaction. It wasn't necessarily a no.

"Ah, the Warren will be open all day, you have time for a cup of tea don't you? Maybe a sandwich?" The corner's of his lips turned up, his grey gums freaking Grace out slightly. This man looked like someone had taken a paintbrush to him, all over. He looked down suddenly, and Grace's eyes followed his to see a very unfriendly Jeno with his lips pulled over his teeth, growling at the Akalak. Grace whistled sharply for him to sit, heading the dog's warning.

"No, I really have to get these things and go, my father is waiting for me at home. Maybe some other time?" The lie slid through her lips easily as she jerked her thumb back. She let out a shy smile. The Akalak nodded, his eyes hard as he took her hand.

"Well it was nice to meet you miss . . . "

"Grace." She supplied he rose her hand to his lips, a seemingly last flirtatious attempt to get her attention.

"Grace. Ginor doesn't give up so easily, but today I'll let you go." A playful threat, Grace let out a breathy laugh, turning down to the baskets again. As Ginor walked away Grace eyed him out of the corner of her eye, scared to death by his simple reference to himself in third person. She took a deep breath in and let it go, rubbing Jeno's head, who was more visibly relaxed now that that Akalak had gone.

"Okaay . . . weird. Let's just get these things and head to the Library to get that Anatomy packet I had my eye on." Grace scrubbed Jeno's head once more before heading off.

Receipt :
Item Price Amount
Hair Ribbon 2 SM 1
Medium Birch Wood Basket 15 CM 1
Small Reed Common Basket 4 CM 1
Bath Salt 5 cm/6 oz 12 oz
Toothpaste 1 GM/4 oz 8 oz
Toothbrush 3 GM 1
Candles 1 CM 10
High Quality Cofferr 2 GM 1
Quill 5 CM 1
Ink Vial 1 GM 1
Blank Book 3 GM 1
Total 11 GM, 3 SM, 4 CM -
---
Grace Lechar
Step 1: Mount the horse. Step 2: Stay on ...

Words: 79585
Joined roleplay: February 23rd, 2014, 11:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Palla Frostfawn on June 14th, 2014, 6:16 pm

After her encounter with Adney, Palla decided that she needed swimwear, in case she ever went swimming again, and a towel if she did. Palla went to the bazaar, glad it was close to her home, and looked through the stalls until she found something suitable.

Palla found a lavender colored shirt that looked like it would fit her snugly. It ended a couple of inches above her belly button, and Palla decided that would do. At the same stall, she also found a pair of short shorts that looked like they would be good, too. Palla bought two of each, and then found a different vendor selling fabric.

The vendor's fabric wasn't dyed, but it was a simple, off-white color. Palla bought a square yard of that, and decided to use that as a towel. When she was buying that, something else caught her eye. There, she found a sundress, made out of very thin linen. It was the same off-white color as her towel, but she liked it. At the same stall, she found a cap and bought that, too. Then, she hurried out of the bazaar before she could find anything else.

prices :
Swimsuitundergarments, cotton, two, lavender -3 sm 8 cm
Sundress -8 SM
Fabric1 sq. yard -5 sm
Cap -2 sm
Total: 1 gm 8 sm 8 cm
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Palla Frostfawn on July 6th, 2014, 4:17 pm

17th of Summer, 514 AV

After her meeting with Adi, Palla had decided that a second means of defense may be better. She didn't want to waste her money on a real dagger, though, so she decided a practice one may be best. While she had planned to get one the last time she went to the bazaar, it had somehow slipped her mind. Therefore, she had to go back to the bazaar and buy one. Soon, she found a wooden one and quickly made a deal with the vendor, purchasing the wooden weapon.

Prices :
Wooden Dagger - 5 sm
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gillie Dhu on August 31st, 2014, 4:42 am

Timestamp: 89th Summer, 514 AV
Purpose: Travel supplies

Gillie had just sold his little apartment for five hundred gold Mizas, and he carried a bag of some of it tucked away in his tunic. He hadn't handled this much money in--well, ever. He grinned with excitement at the prospect of purchasing equipment to live on the road for a while. As he entered the marketplace around midday, he brushed past multiple shoppers and and passed up the first set of vendors in favor of the vendors who sold equipment related to wilderness survival.

He selected a sizable tent (four-person, in fact), as well as a winter blanket and bedroll. He knew he would have need of rope, as well as a large camouflaged tarp. After purchasing the items, he was thankful that they could all be folded and carried with relative ease. Lastly, he picked up a couple torches and rations enough for his trip.

His arms now full with purchases, he stopped at a final vendor. If he was going to travel a considerable distance, he would be needing a map of the Cyphrus region. After completing his last purchase for the day, Gillie breathed a heavy sigh as a sudden realization swept over him.

Now how the heck am I supposed to carry all this junk?! Gillie thought, juggling his bundles. Bah, whatever. I don't live anywhere anymore, so I'll just set up camp... Over there.

Ledger :
Purchases:
Tent (4-person) - 10 gm
Blanket (winter) - 5 sm
Bedroll - 1 sm
Rope (100 ft) - 2 gm
Large Tarp (camouflage) - 12 gm
Torches (2) - 4 cm
Rations (40 days) - 20 gm
Regional Map of Cyphrus - 10 gm

Total: -64 gm, 6 sm, 4 cm
"Common" * "Tukant" * "Nari"
Gillie Dhu
Tousle-haired Tactician

Words: 23673
Joined roleplay: August 19th, 2014, 10:12 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kavala on December 28th, 2015, 3:35 am

Timestamp: Early Winter, 515 AV, Morning.

The Konti was looking for a woodworker. She was half tempted to go the shipwrights place, but that wasn’t going to exactly get her what she needed. The Healer wanted a bit of fun for The Sanctuary. The had the best setup in the world for winter sports. Not only did they have a pool that froze over in the winter for ice skating, but they had a road that lead down to the beach rather steeply. When the skies cleared after a big snowstorm, there was not much else to be done but go play in it. And to that end Kavala wanted to set both the children and adults up at the Sanctuary for something special.

Since she had no clue where she was going or whom she was looking for, she stopped the first loose dog she could find and asked the mongrel. It snorted but indeed agreed to trade the information for a strip of jerky. “First booth next to the river, far end of the place, outside because he has big things.” The dog said, having no issues giving directions. And since they were fairly great directions even coming from a dog, Kavala gave him a few extra strips of the Jerky for a treat.

And that something special she found on the outskirts of the Warrens near the entrance. A vantha craftsman had been hard at work and had examples set out both in life sized and in miniature. Sleds. There were small sleds, large sleds, and sleds that were even semi enclosed to go fast. There were little sleds meant to pull children on metal rails and then there were huge sleds called toboggans that were large enough to hold three or four adults… two Akalak if pushed. Kavala grinned and approached the merchant.

“Hello there. I’d like to place a commission on several sleds. I’ll need a half dozen smaller ones. That would be enough for the children that currently resided at The Sanctuary and any friends they might want to invite over. There were four kids currently, three of Kavalas and the blacksmiths’ Kelvic daughter. Then she ordered a half dozen of the adult full sized sleds that would hold an Akalak or a couple of children, or even a growing Kelvic or two. Then, finally, she ordered two of the biggest sleds, the bobsleds, which were heavy and would go fast. Kavala talked to the craftsman and got it set up so that the big ones would have a place to fasten a set of hames and tugs to them. Why? Horse harness. Kavala knew a few horses, owned them in fact, that wouldn’t mind being drafted to haul the sleds up the sea road once the children and adults sledded down.

She smiled in delight as she made the arrangements. The fees for the sleds were steep, and they were indeed not ready to go. Each one had to be custom made but that meant she got to pick the colors and details out on them. And when she was done she arranged payment and had wrung a promised delivery date out of the booth owner of no later than the 20th of Winter.

The 20th of Winter, if indeed they had snow, was going to be a fun one it seemed. Kavala left lighter of pocket but full of joy. She knew her kids and even some of the grooms and fellow healers at the clinic were going to enjoy the little treat she had arranged for them. Maybe they could even make sledding days a new thing. They could pack cocoa warmed and bespelled to stay that way, and fill the sled with warm wool blankets. It would be an amazing day. And even though it was distant in the future, Kavala was looking forward to it.

647/17335

Secret :
6 sleds = 20gmx6=120
6 large sleds = 45gmx6=270
2 Bobsleds = 60gmx2=120
Total=510 GM
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous