Home Invasion

Kelski has barely moved in when she gets an unexpected visitor

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Home Invasion

Postby Kelski on July 9th, 2014, 12:18 am

Timestamp: 5th of Summer, 514 AV

In terms of days, this was definitely one to write home about and it hadn't even reached noon. That is, if Kelski had anyone to write home too or even had a home. That was the whole point of Moss Cave though. She was trying to make a home... a nest... someplace she could call her own. This was the fifth day and Kelski had every fifth day off after working four at the Shining Diamond. She'd forgotten, of course, and had gotten promptly run off by her Master after she'd presented herself for work. He believed in long hours when she was at work so Kelski had found ten to twelve hour days the standard at the jewelry shop. But what she hadn't counted on was the kindness her master displayed and the rest he enforced when it wasn't time to work.

And Kelski worked hard. She'd really wanted to impress him, namely because he was paying for a service from her AND teaching her at the same time. That had never been her experience at all. Instead, people had done a great deal of taking from her and never giving back. They'd taken her time, her happiness, and her energy and enthusiasm. They'd even taken her childhood in many ways and had forced her to grow up far too fast.

It wasn't something Kelski had missed, truth be told. She didn't know what being a child was all about. Her earliest memories with a loving parent were just dim recollections. Her freshest were about living in a cage. The cage had, over time, been mostly unlocked as she was trusted more and more. And that was perhaps why she was here today. She broke trust and fled after curiosity got the best of her. And that was how she'd won her mark and how she'd taken the final steps between child and adulthood that had landed her in Lhavit... and free.

And now making herself a home.

It had been a long time coming. First she had to find the cave, clean it out, and chase away at least a dozen rats that had inhabited it. Truthfully Kelski would have never found it except the stone stairway covered in moss caught her keen eye when she was flying through the forest. It took her three days of cleaning to drag the cobwebs out and then another day to drag in stones she could line to make a hearth. The cave had a hole in the ceiling for smoke to escape, thankfully, so she was grateful for finding it in so many ways. Someone had lived there before, because the scents were old. But they had been long gone and so too were their things.

Kelski had plans. She needed to hunt a great deal and preserve some furs so she could have a nice thick bedding on her bedroll come winter. She also wanted to get a nice curtain to cover her sleeping area, but that was something she'd afford after she'd earned something making jewelry. For now, her one expense was a large chest and several long candle holders and candles to add light and warmth to her space. She'd already dragged the candleholders back. She had one on either side of her sleeping space and one where she liked to work near the hearth. The other big money item had been a nice wooden chest that she could barely move. She'd carried it into the woods and taken most of the day today to move it into the cave.

The chest was heavy and she was slight. But the kelvic was determined. So once she got it back to the cave and actually in it, Kelski lit a fire and began to carefully fold her items into the chest satisfied that her day had been well spent.

ledger :
Candle, Standing - 2 Gm x3 = 6 Gm
Chest, Large = 2 GM
=8 GM
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

Home Invasion

Postby Brandon Blackwing on July 9th, 2014, 4:19 pm

It was noon, Brandon was hungry, but he did not have food with him, hell, he did not even have clothes with him. In fact, it would not be wrong to state that he was stuck in the Misty Peaks, lost and alone. How he had gotten into this annoying situation was a simple tale, a bit of misfortune had placed itself on his path, and had done its job well. Of course, there was no use in complaining, what had happened had happened, there was no way around it, and could not be undone, no matter how feverishly one wished for it. Besides, it wasn’t that bad, Brandon was sure he’d find a way out soon.

It had happened last night, as per usual Brandon had decided it was time to go and fly for a couple of bells or maybe the entire night, hunt a bit, eat a bit. Stretch his wings, try to get that frustrating soreness out of his body. Alas, that had not been the best idea, his flight had been less than steady, his muscles had started aching and while the method of flapping one’s wings was far more efficient when done by bats than by birds, he had felt not really up for flying longer than a chime or five. Well, he had, but his body hadn’t been, protesting and complaining, demanding rest and patience. Stubborn as he was, the bat had ignored such warnings.

Fortunately, before he could worsen his condition, a blanket of black clouds had gathered overhead, and a downpour had interrupted the self-inflicted torture that had become the essence of flying that night. Since the numerous drops of falling water interfered with his echolocation, he had had no choice but to land right away and search for shelter. And he had found what he was looking for in a nearby small cave, where a lot of his cousins had gathered as well, all displeased with the situation, hungry and awake. Sadly, the rain had cluttered on the surface all night long, keeping the bats from leaving their shelter. Eventually, as day peeked from under the thick layer of clouds that had stopped shedding tears, nearly all had given in to sleep, day not being the time to be awake. All but one small, grey bat with long ears.

Brandon had left the shelter and had started walking, the trees and rocks preventing him from seeing the city of skyglass, so he had decided to stroll in a random direction, which had not been the best idea either. When flying, the world was a much smaller place, but even the region of the Peaks was huge when walking through it. The rocky underground hurt his bare feet, the cold of the mountains wrapped itself around his body, and the still moist air condensed on his skin. After a while though, he reached a place with more trees, soft moss to walk on and a stream that quenched his thirst. Food he had not found yet, and an observation of the area revealed no such things, so the bat sighed and continued his trek. It was a good thing he had not encountered some wild predators yet, he’d heard stories of people running into huge man-eating wolves, with claws as large as a finger and fangs as big as his forearm. They towered above any person, and were known for their bloodlust. Brandon shivered, such beasts he would rather avoid.

Still, the man who’d told that tale had been drunk, and had even thought Brandon was his best friend, all while the bat had only been dragging the man into an alley so he could loot the man without anyone seeing.

Other people though, had stated that the Peaks were relatively safe and that the Unforgiving was the place to be if one wanted to kill himself. More than once, the bat had wonderd just how much of those stories was the truth, and how much was exaggerated to spice the tale up.

Lost in thought, the thief hiked further, spotting a bush carrying berries of some kind. Upon closer examination, he saw that it were indeed berries, blackish purple ones that seemed to be composed of a multitude of small balls. They smelled sweet, and hesitantly the bat crushed one between his teeth, the sap streaming over his tongue. They were indeed sweet, and delicious too! Whether they were poisonous or not, the bat did not know, but his mother had once told him that the poisonous ones were usually the bitter ones or the ones that tasted like shyke. And she was an expert when it came to berries and salmon. Come to think of it, Lethia had given him quite a lot of advice and useful information, on which he had relied time and time again.

His meal resulted in the whole bush being ridded of its berries, which had managed to silence his gnarling stomach for now, but it wasn’t enough to keep it that way for long. He’d have to find another thing to eat, but well, there were no such bushes near, not that he could see anyway. Onwards then, the feet continued pacing further into the direction the bat had chosen, a path that would not necessarily lead him to the city.

The weather was against him, once again the sky blackened as threatening clouds formed and hid the Sun goddess from sight. The air smelled like rain, and indeed, not even five chimes later another downpour had found its way to the naked thief, who cursed and started running, seeking a place he could use for shelter. Before long, a stairway covered in slippery wet moss led the Kelvic down to a cave, after having followed it for chimes. It seemed quite large, and smelled like bird but it despite the latter being not that great, Brandon decided to go in, but did not take the risk of going in deeper than the first few meters, sounds of an inhabitant bouncing of the cave walls, echoing loud and clear. The entrance seemed rather safe, and if the stories were true and his sense of smell was accurate –which it was for sure- there could be some kind of monster-bird be making its nest in the heart of the cave, such a being was not quite what Brandon needed to meet right now.
Fighting Style and Techniques

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Estrellir Konrath
Brandon Blackwing
The master thief Incognito

Words: 1496963
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Home Invasion

Postby Kelski on July 10th, 2014, 1:15 am

Nesting felt good to the Kelvic. Kelski had never really had a home of her own. She'd lived where people had told her for her entire life. So carving out a piece of 'her' in the middle of the region known as the Misty Peaks suited her just fine.

The weather, however, was as stormy as Kelski's heart. She was glad she'd found the cave, for certain, when the rains came, left, and came again all morning and afternoon. The night had been just as restless but Kelski chocked it up to the mountains being temperamental. If it continued to be a problem, she'd nest closer to the sea instead of so deep into the woods.

The Kelvic just hoped she wasn't claiming territory that belonged to someone else. The cave had felt empty and had been empty when she moved in save for a few of the rats she'd snacked on and saved for the stew pot for dinner. They were all nicely skinned and stewing over the fire on a tripod she'd rigged from saplings she'd torn down. There were some roots and vegetables added to it as well, making it fill the back part of the cave by the hearth with the smell of food.

She knew the food might bring visitors, but Kelski was utterly startled when the naked man staggered in partially wounded. She stared at first, shocked, and froze in place while she was deciding what to do. It wasn't his lack of clothing that bothered her. Rather, it was his abrupt appearance and the condition he was in. The man looked positively miserable, more like a drowned rat than a human.

The Sea Eagle sniffed the air in her human form, furrowed her brow, and looked around for a weapon. The only thing she could find was a homemade broom she'd made out of another destroyed sapling and twigs. She snapped it up and advanced on the intruder, brandishing it like a sword.

"No money here. My cave. You need to leave." She said threateningly, waving the broom around not because she thought it would scare the man, but because it made her look bigger which was important to Kelski who was thinking with her predator brain, not with her human one.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Home Invasion

Postby Brandon Blackwing on July 10th, 2014, 5:15 pm

Slowly, the scent of rain was driven out of Brandon’s nostrils and replaced with a much more delicious one, something was being prepared here, a meal of sorts and the bat’s stomach demanded he’d find out what exactly. Brandon sighed, leaning against the wall of the cave, pondering whether to give in to his hunger or not. Surely the rain would stop soon, hopefully, but if it didn’t he’d need to eat something, in fact, he should eat now, who knew how long he would be stuck here… So… it seemed that it was settled, the bat unhitched himself from the wall with some effort and walked deeper into the cave, following the scent.

Very far was not really what one could call his small trip, as a woman with a broom clamped in her hands advanced towards him, looking pretty pissed off. Well, at least it wasn’t a huge bird-monster, but well, it wasn’t that good either. The Kelvic stopped his forward motion immediately and took a quick step back as a bundle of twigs passed by, right in front of his face. She then too stopped, spoke some threatening words, or something that had to sound that way anyways, and waved her broom around, swatting flies as it were. Though her voice told him she was quite serious, Brandon was not really impressed.

Maybe a bit. If that broom would hit his head, he would probably have another bruise to add to his collection, and that was not really something he’d like, not to mention he’d experienced enough pain the past few days. In any case, he would have to calm this woman down before she’d broom him out of her cave. Or disarm her, that was a possibility too, but that was probably not a good one, his body was still recovering and while the multitude of severe-looking abrasions had closed nicely and had grown a crust, he did not want to risk destroying his body’s hard work. Negotiation it was, but first he had to stop this seemingly mad cave-woman from trying to sweep his head off.

The first thing to do was to raise his arms as a gesture to show he meant no harm, which he did immediately, palms forward. Taking a step back seemed to be a good idea too, since she did not exactly stopped waving her broom-sword, insisting he’d leave her cave. It appeared she wasn’t exactly willing to share, nor hospitable. “I mean no harm” Brandon said quickly, as the broom slapped a wave of air in his face, along with the scent of forest “so put that thing down! I don’t want money, nor to take this cave for my own.” The second string of words that left his mouth were spoken slower and clearer, with hopes of getting through to this woman. “I won’t be staying long, I just need some shelter for the rain, I’ll be gone when it stops.” He sure hoped she’d let him, however, that was entirely up to her. The Blackwing had never heard of someone who lived in the Peaks all by herself, and he trusted that someone who did, this woman here, knew the value of shelter and would not deny him the access for such a short while. Though it was clear that she preferred solitude, she couldn’t mind a companion from time to time, right? Even if it was a shivering, naked Kelvic who did not appear to be all that hygienic. Besides, he was tired and even should he desire it, he wouldn’t be able to go anywhere, instead sitting just outside of the cave, maybe find an overhanging rock that could serve as a place to stay for a while.

Brandon Blackwing

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Home Invasion

Postby Kelski on July 11th, 2014, 1:27 am

Kelski lowered the broom and slowly set it aside. The other kelvic could see her breathing slowly level out. He had truly startled her. Kelski was in a new place and unfamiliar with what might come barging in the door.

She raised a black eyebrow and a half of a smile curled her lips. She seemed to study the newcomer thoroughly before making any further decisions. "You look like a bear tried to eat you, chewed you up a little, and spit you out. What are you a skunk?" She mused, eyes roaming his body unashamedly. His nudity didn't bother her but the wounds did. She couldn't tell what made them. "What happened?" Kelski said, slowly moving to the side and laying the broom back in its place. She gestured to where her hearth was busy blazing and the kettle swung over it happilyl bubbling stew.

"Sit by where it's warm. You'll dry faster that way."
She suggested, circling slowly to where he could move past her if he wanted too without having to skirt around her.

"I'm not sure the rain ever stops here. If it does, the mist still blankets everything. I had wondered why they called this place as they did, but now that I've been here a few days, I see why."
She offered suddenly, trying to strike up a converstation but not knowing anything about him. "I'm Kelski." She said softly, hating even talking this much. To her, words filled an empty room with nothing when action could speak so much louder. "I have no towel to offer you, but I suspect that's another thing I'll need to add to my shopping list. This cave, unfortunately, did not come furnished." The Kelvic said, moving so she was on the side of the hearth where he was, not opposite of him. Looking across the fire would blind her to his actions and she did not want that. Instead, she dipped a piece of tinder into the fire, lit it, and began to walk around lighting tall candles that stood about the cave. They burned brightly and slowly the whole place was lit with a glow that bathed it in warmth.

The other kelvic could see it was clean, sparsely furnished, and lacked a lived-in look of someone that had been there awhile. Kelski was new here, and although she'd said as much, her cave spoke louder than her actual words did.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Home Invasion

Postby Brandon Blackwing on July 11th, 2014, 12:40 pm

Much to Brandon’s relief, the deadly broom was lowered, it’s threatening bush of twigs placed back on the floor, where it belonged. The woman seemed to have calmed down at last, a slow but deep and steady breath flowing out of her lungs carrying all the stress and tension away while she seemed to relax even more. Brandon assumed she had just been startled, now he thought about it, there was some faint salty smell, like sweat, clinging to the air, and while part was his, probably, there was another that did not smell like himself. So, he concluded, she had possibly been as scared of his as he had been of her sudden appearance.

Without the broom heaved threateningly above her head, she looked a lot more friendly, the violence ebbed away from her features rapidly and she raised an appraising eyebrow. Her eyes darted over his body, studying him, Brandon decided it was a good plan to do exactly the same. She was tall, a bit taller than himself actually, with long black-and-white hair that curled a bit. Long legs, the kind of –so had he heard- other human females would kill for. Though she was not like other human females, she lived in the wild, her body reflected that; slightly muscular, but not too –fit, that’s the word. Where other females, human females, would have stored excess fat, she had none, resulting in a rather small waist and hip area, though she had enough curves to show off, Brandon noted.

Her face then. Big eyes lined with long and thick lashes, grey irises swam in pools of white. Her lips stood out as well, being white too, and were just like her eyes black rimmed. Though it did not look that bad, a bit strange perhaps, unusual, the bat could not help but to arch a brow of his own pair. She was certainly someone with a strange sense of …. How did they call it again? Fason? Fashion? Never mind that, she seemed nice enough, which was more than the bat could have wished for.

“A skunk?! Hmpf!” Deeply insulted, Brandon crossed his arms at that rhetorical question, refusing to look at the woman for a couple of ticks. She was joking of course, but still, a skunk? A skunk?! He did not even smell that bad! Or did he? Well, he supposed it was true he did not have that much personal hygiene, but that was no reason to compare him to a skunk or to actually call him one. But well, since she was kidding, he could forgive her, only this once though.

“Oh, these?” he gestured to his half-healed wounds, while following the eccentric-looking woman towards a bright-burning fire, the source of the delicious scent his nostrils had picked up immediately after entering. “Nothing much, I got into a fight with a guy a couple of days ago. He had a whip with him, no big deal really. I sort of tore myself to pieces more than he did, heh.” A soft self-mocking chuckle escaped him and while his body groaned he lowered himself onto the floor, grateful for the warmth of the fire. Her attempts to start a conversation were met with a mere “Yeah, I guess” as reply, the thieving Kelvic not knowing what to answer.

An introduction followed, Brandon smiled slightly, fixing his gaze on her grey orbs. “Brandon,” he stated, falling back into silence again. Actually, he liked the moments when neither of the two parties spoke, enjoying the other sounds and taking the time to drift off into his own mind, his own private realm. Kelski however kept talking, apologizing for not being able to offer him a towel, but he did not mind, he preferred drying by warmth anyways. She walked around while speaking, lighting candles that were scattered all over the place, light spreading as flames erupted. “Well, furnished or not, I am glad it’s here, it’s raining too damn hard to be out right now, unless you’re trying to catch a cold.” He sighed, staring in the flames, thinking of something to say. While he did enjoy silences, he did not enjoy the awkward ones, and this was one of those. Sadly enough, he could not think of anything to break it with.

Brandon Blackwing

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Home Invasion

Postby Kelski on July 27th, 2014, 4:36 pm

Kelski’s lips curled in amusement. She hadn’t very much contact with other Kelvics, but in this case she was enjoying the contact with this one very much so. As she studied him she admired how animated his features where. His thoughts and feelings raced across his face, not hidden like some humans carefully controlled theirs. He was beaten up a bit, but she decided it looked more like environmental damage than actual physical combat. After all, he had cuts and scrapes and was soaked but wasn’t marred with claws or teeth marks.

Tilting her head and trilling slightly she clicked her lips together much like a bird would when contemplating something and then met his gaze. He looked honest, staring at her right back in a way that didn’t make her feel weird, just studied. So she let him… and studied him and then laughed abruptly when she realized they were staring at each other in appraising silence without accomplishing much. Kelski wasn’t the type that made wasted motion or preformed unnecessary actions. She was skilled at minimalist motions and doing the thing that needed doing right then and there, nothing more, nothing less. It was the predator build in her. Conserve conserve conserve until it was time to hunt, to eat, to defend or otherwise act.

“Well, you smell as bad as one with all the bruises, cuts, and scrapes… and have you been rolling in mud or is that some sort of way to treat your wounds?”
She asked curiously without any venom and a scaled back tone of teasing in her voice.

But when he explained he’d gotten into a fight with a man with a whip, she shuddered slightly and seemed to close down a bit. The humor went out of her gaze and a flash of fear crossed her eyes. “Whips are ugly things.” She said simply, glad the man wasn’t as hurt as she could have been. Kelski had seen people torn to shreds with whips, especially on their backs and buttocks. And if Brandon was paying attention, he’d see the shadows of those memories cross her eyes.

When the silence descended, Kelski embraced it. She was far more comfortable in silences than anything else. She had no ability to make small talk nor did she understand a reason for it. She was perfectly comfortable existing in the same space Brandon shared with her without words even though she noticed he looked uncomfortable.

“Sit closer to the fire. There’s stew if you don’t mind rat. I have no real ability to cook, but I’m trying to teach myself because I’ve found I like it cooked with wild herbs almost as much as I like it raw. And now that I have a choice what I eat I want to try more things cooked. Especially bread. I would love to be able to make bread, though I do not k now how. Do you?” Kelski said hopefully. Brandon could tell immediately for all her slimness she was a bit food driven and obsessed, as if perhaps she’d went long periods without it.

The Kelvic bustled about the cave, adding more fuel to the fire, stirring the stew, and finding a bowl and a spoon for Brandon. She didn’t have two, but she was more than willing to share the one she did have with him. If he ate all the cooked food, she could go hunting in the morning easily enough and feed herself then.

“Have you lived here long? I am new and hopeful this will be a good place for a Kelvic like myself to settle. I need to find something here… I don’t know what, but I feel it keenly and that need keeps me out of the isles off shore. It’s as if the people draw me… not the city exactly.’ She said softly, worried, not having voiced this sensation before.

“Do you ever feel like that? Like you have an itch you need to scratch but haven’t been able too yet?” She said softly, settling finally a quarter of the way around the fire so she was with Brandon but not next to him and not across the fire from him as she waited the other Kelvic to answer her question.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Home Invasion

Postby Brandon Blackwing on July 27th, 2014, 8:41 pm

As the silence continued, the bat gave his eyes a tour around the cave, soaking up the details, the patterns of the rock-walls, the shadows flickering, cast by the ever-changing flames, the tunnels stretching out to other parts of the woman’s home. It seemed like a nice place to stay, a bit bare, like Kelski had stated before, but he didn’t mind, it felt really homey. However, that might have been because he was quite fond of caves, their coolness and quiet, the rough but comfortable walls and ceilings and the darkness that almost all of them possessed, as well as the occasional dripping sound of water falling down in tiny droplets and joining its compatriots below.

One hand wiped a wet strand of hair out of his face while he shuffled closer to the orange with yellow flames, the heat washing over him with a gentle stroke, crackling happily and telling stories of warmth and comfort. While the fire indeed provided warmth, the thief felt like his eyes were running dry, so he closed them quickly, actually liking the feel of the hot flames near his wet skin which he couldn’t see. So comfortable…. So soothing…. So lulling …. He could fall asleep any chime, he realized while the gentle caress and breath of the flames sang him into slumber, his mind fuzzy.

Tired… Walking had been tiring, shifting had burned some energy as well, and food, yes, he needed food. That thought and the gnawing sensation in his belly kept him awake, and though it wasn’t a gentle prod to wake him, it worked quite well. “I think rat is fine. I could eat just about anything right now,” he grinned slowly, slumber tugging at his eyelids, but the wonderful scent of the stew holding them in place. “Yea, rat’s alright.” He nodded sleepily, not really being fully awake anymore and though he did hear what the like-bird-smelling Kelski spoke of, he had a hard time processing it, until he decided that this couldn’t go on like this, quite annoyed himself. As quick as possible he returned to his original position, a bit further of the fire, not too far for the heat to vanish before it reached him, but not too close so it wouldn’t wash over him with all its sleep inducing powers.

All of a sudden, more or less awake once more, he found the conversation revolving about bread, which was quite the change. Though, since it was along the lines of food, he did not really care, it wasn’t too drastic. If she would have been talking about … Artificial manufactured humans –whatever those even were- or so he would have objected. “Bread huh? No, I can’t bake bread… I can’t cook either, so that’s no surprise really. I do like bread though, there are quite a few stands at the Azure that sell bread, some good, others nasty, but yeah. I should learn how to cook one day too… this dependence on merchants and money isn’t really something I like… Depending on my skills on the other hand is quite a different matter.” He beamed the woman with the bird scent a secretive smile.

About that, no one smelled so much like bird and so strongly. Not to mention that the cave too smelled like it and that there had been bird poop outside, if he hadn’t known better, he would have thought she took care of several of the feathery flying creatures, but her movements –or rather, the lack of them- as well as her nonexistent reaction to his nudity led to one conclusion. A conclusion that was quite easy to reach actually if one knew what they were looking for. Kelvic, definitely Kelvic.

Kelski scurried about the cave, one moment stirring the stew, then off to search something to return with a spoon and bowl which she handed to him. A nod of appreciation was her reward, and he watched as she returned to her own spot near the fire, warm and relatively close to him, yet far away still, precaution no doubt. A brief chuckle escaped him, not too trusting she was, huh? It was a good thing, Brandon should actually try and follow her example more while interacting with people, it certainly couldn’t cause him harm.

“Define long. I have been living here for one third of my life as of yet, having arrived only last Summer. While I wouldn’t say that I am new, I haven’t been here for that long a while either, but I do know that Lhavit is a good place for our kind. That is, if you don’t do naughty things…” he laughed again, enjoying himself quite a bit, but got serious soon after. “People don’t mind us, we are treated like equals here, more or less, I have heard that there is even one of us revered as one of the top-rank people in the Library, though I don’t know who and if that’s the truth. I just heard. Mind though, it’s not like people like us. As per usual, it’s probably the same anywhere we go that we are not fully trusted. In public we are treated here the same as anyone else –if they know what we are of course. But that isn’t necessarily what happens in private. The same goes for people’s minds. Some think we are nothing more than filthy beasts, animals. That we are stupid and can’t reason. The usual.” Another grin and a shrug. “I haven’t told anyone that resides in the city yet, and I do not plan on doing so. I see no reason why I should and don’t really think it matters. Besides, people don’t really like us walking around naked in public, so they don’t need to know, right?”

He silenced himself as he noticed the female Kelvic voice the exact same feeling that once had inspired him to set off on a journey across Mizahar, a journey that had ended sooner than expected as the crystal city had become too much a home to leave. Still though, it was but for a short while longer that he would stay, when the time was right –and that would be soon- he’d leave and continue his trek. The feeling had been explained by his mother a long time ago, a feeling that he had found natural but scary from the tick he’d started feeling it. But never had he been worried like Kelski seemed to be right now.

“I do know that feeling indeed, so did my mother and my father too, probably. I assume that all of us know it, but we don’t always know what it means until we find what we seek. This was the case with my mother.”He fell silent for a period, wondering if the stew was almost done cooking and continued: “She once explained that it is because we are not complete, that which –or rather who we are looking for will fill the gap, the itching emptiness, the feeling that something is missing. She said that we are indeed –it’s just like you worded it- drawn to the people. She did not know why or how, but just that that’s what it is. We have to find someone, someone we care for, someone we’d die for, someone we respect, trust and love. Someone who deserves our utmost loyalty and support. Someone to bond with.” He gave her an understanding smile and sighed deeply. “That is also the very reason I ever left my own cave. That and my thirst for adventure.”

Brandon Blackwing

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Home Invasion

Postby Kelski on January 21st, 2018, 10:36 pm

Kelski

Experience:
Cleaning +1, Body Building +1, Planning +1, Intimidation +1, Observation +1, Socialization +2, Hostessing +1, Cooking +1

Lores:
Socialization: Meeting Brandon Blackwing

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)