[Lenz] A Scrapbook of Wonder

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Annalisa Marin on June 21st, 2014, 8:03 am

First off, I totally stalk your scrapbook. Mwahahaha!

Secondly, Divergent was a phenomenal book in my earnest opinion. I actually read it back in High School because a friend of mine at the time pushed both it and the book Unwind. At first I figured both would not be my thing since this same friend had once recommended I read Twilight (ha!) but I gave them both fair chances.

At the time I was very comfort zone oriented, I enjoyed High and Low Fantasy novels with the dash of speculative fiction but I mostly stuck to fantasy in my reading. However both helped me break outside of my comfort zone and of the two Divergent was probably the one I found most enjoyable. I've only read the first one but it alone was fairly impressive. Tris develops rather dynamically from where she first started and the supporting characters are stellar in and of themselves. What impressed me most was how each part of the book was connected, possessing significance that was not immediately apparent but came back around through the story.

If the movie is as good as you've said I think I might want to check it out if I get the chance. Been a while since I watched an enjoyable novel to movie adaptation. :)
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Lenz on June 21st, 2014, 5:10 pm

Ooh, I have a stalker in my midst- how delightful!

I can't help but agree with you on the book. It's very passionate in all areas and the connections that are made between every character makes it so surreal that it seems real if that makes sense. I for one enjoyed seeing the movie first for this particular novel only because after watching it I had a firm grasp on what was the be expected and each time I read a character talking or moving, I pictures the actors who played them. Although appearances differ sometimes majorly from the film, it's nice to have a little something to go off of.

I'm like you when it comes to fantasy. High, low, every now and again I might crave something that's just a little out of the box, but in the end it's all perfect and it makes me feel wonderful after I'm done reading it. Have you ever experienced an unexplainable warm connecting feeling during reading an amazing book?

Back when I was around ten or eleven years old I read two books that both gave me this amazing feeling that couldn't be explained with regular words and ever since then I can't seem to find that same feeling. It's unique and genuine and above all rare. I almost got that feeling from reading the first book of Divergent, but not quite. It's a very well written novel and I think Veronica Roth has an amazing writing style.

Above all, go see the movie! You won't regret it! It's good and thanks for commenting in my scrapbook of wonder! :P

Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Words: 528134
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2013, 9:04 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on July 13th, 2014, 4:00 am

I just want to let everyone who cares know that I am retiring all of my characters. I am fed up with this website for various reasons. I have been through repeated incidents where I only come out as a failure. I feel attacked and just overall not welcomed. I know all of you are going to come back at me with insults or offensive opinions or just your thoughts on the matter and you can do so. I really don't care anymore. You can blame me for things or tell me what I did wrong and why people reacted to me the way I did. I truly could care less.

This website has caused me way too much anxiety and frankly, has depressed me upon seeing and hearing all I have witnessed. Places like this aren't supposed to be that way. I'm sorry to disappear on so many people like I will, but it has to be done. I'm going off to try different rpg sites to see if they're any better.

Thank you for this experience and I hope all of you have a great time without me.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Words: 528134
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2013, 9:04 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aoren on July 13th, 2014, 5:14 am

Ms. Lenz,

I don’t normally interject myself into squabbles that arise but I feel the need to rise to this occasion. I do this for multiple reasons that I shall endeavor to explain with a level head and fairness. Firstly, I would like to say that it saddens me you have come to this conclusion in your opinion about Mizahar. I really am sorry you feel that way. Those writers who enjoyed your company will certainly miss the stories you embarked upon with them.

To that, we send you off with a fond farewell.

Secondly, I am slightly confused and more than a little skeptical not to mention mildly irritated. Mizahar caused you anxiety? Mizahar caused you momentous levels of stress? Be that as it may you are hardly without blame in this situation. Let us take a look at the situation that has presented itself, shall we?

Yesterday, under the guise of Xylona, a post was made to Gossamer’s Scrapbook attacking what was posted as a satirical jest.

Gossamer responded in the fashion that I think we all knew she would. She called you out. It’s that right there. Plain and simple. I was both shocked and more than a little irritated when the list of the characters registered to your IP was revealed.

Let’s examine some of them.

Ollic Rimesage.

I role-played with this character for a brief time. I was looking forward to it! I even got a box code from this PC. It was great! Then, quite suddenly, I received a message explaining a much needed departure to handle personal issues. That’s fine. Go take care of all that you need to. I harbored no ill will in that regard whatsoever. Who was I to speak on such matters especially given my history on the website?

But after seeing the IP list and seeing that PC on there I did some digging. You were consistently active on several of the accounts listed there during the period you told me you would be away. You lied to me. It was a lie that had been entirely unnecessary because discontinuing any threading would have been as simple as saying you no longer felt motivated nor inspired to write that particular plot. I still have the PM from Ollic in my inbox.

Nevertheless, maybe something did come up. Maybe Ollic really isn’t your character. It is irrelevant at this point.

Moving on.

Tais and Lavine.

Those names seemed very familiar to me when I saw them. Why? Because both characters registered to the Zeltiva Character Registry. This season. That strikes me as entirely odd for a number of reasons. The first is that, all speculation aside, it is expressly stated in the rules that two characters controlled by the same player cannot overlap each other in a city at the same time. Regardless of whether or not they are you or “someone else” me thinks it would have been wise not to register two characters under the same computer and IP to the same city. In the same season. At the same time.

Catastrophe.

I am saddened. The community adored you from what I could tell. There was nothing but praise and happiness every time you graced us in chat. I never heard anything but positive, supportive, and wonderful things about your work and how incredibly helpful you were.

What is my point in all this?

That this anxiety, these problems, this stress, seems entirely self-created. At least in regards to Mizahar. You knew some of the things you were doing were against the rules. You knew that you weren’t supposed to do them. You lied. You made a spectacle. You were caught. Whether all of this was you the player or “other people using the same computer” wiser decisions could have been made.

Good luck in your future endeavors. I personally wish you nothing but the best. I know there will be those who will miss you.

Warmest Regards,
Aoren
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Twister on July 13th, 2014, 11:05 pm

:(

I can't properly express how sad (and confused) this makes me. I hope you'll find someplace that makes you feel good and safe and regret that this wasn't that place, for you.

Have a good one. I'll miss you.
Twister
Justice is Dead, Faith is Blind

Words: 258837
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous