Closed Godfather Godson Time

In which Gale gets to bond with Ricky and his new Godson Martin.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Godfather Godson Time

Postby Ricky Maze on August 1st, 2014, 6:02 pm

The fact that Ricky could tell Gale was all the more better when he started to hold Martin made the fisherman smile, and was even better was that same look Ricky expected Gale to have when the Godfather managed to hold the boy knowing that he was part of the family. It was the same look Ricky had too when he first held Martin, a sense of pride in knowing that the child was a part of you.

Though Gale wasn't physically the one to produce Martin, he still had that strong sense of connection that would build. The feeling of family in which he would definitely need in time, given that Gale had already been through a lot within the whole year. They all have in fact. Yet with the way things were changing, and at a rapid pace no less, it was high time Ricky made sure he took care of his family first. Gale was indeed part of that family too, so it was only natural the fisherman sought to learn more and care about his close friend.

"Sounds like ya 'ave." Ricky agreed once Gale brought up the fact he'd had quite a night, though he'd still yet to reveal just what exactly the night entailed considering it involved getting a mark. Which reminded Ricky, as he took a seat next to Gale, there was that other mark that resided on his sternum too. One that looked much different compared to the other Gale had, and one that Ricky might've had an incline about too now that he thought back to the end of summer.

The grave. Two graves as it would be now, both man made no less. As Ricky thought about how he had to bury Kendhl for Gale, his mind went on to the other headstone that'd been carved. It was somebody Gale had to know, somebody that he cared about and preferred to keep a secret. "Gale..." Ricky's eyes were on Martin as he started the topic, afraid that he might indeed strike another nerve with his best friend upon bringing this topic to light.

"When ye 'ad me go back t' de pass t'..." The words stopped coming, as if Ricky stumbled or choked on them when he realized what he was about to say. "Up dere was..." Another pause. Damn how hard this was, it was almost as if he were attempting to punch a hole in a brick wall. "Who else did yew know dat rests up der Gale?" Finally something more appropriate to say, or better yet ask as the words didn't seem so blunt. Ricky made sure that he looked at Gale in the eyes when the question was asked, a genuinely sincere look cast along so the artist would understand that it was only an innocent question of curiosity.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Godfather Godson Time

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 1st, 2014, 10:36 pm

Common Vani Nari

There were a lot of aspect in Gale's life that he didn't really touch much. Things he never really needed to explain to anyone, things he never talked about. Not many people asked so it was just something that he never really brought up in conversation. And he didn't have in depth conversations often, seeing as he has lots of acquaintances and he talks small talk with them and everything. And seeing as he didn't really talk about subjects like that often, no one really knew except for those who were involved.

And this is the reason why Gale didn't exactly know how to explain.

When it came to having a rough night, Gale let out a chuckle at Ricky's rather sarcastic response. One of those 'no duh' moments he supposed. But it got quiet again, which threw Gale into a moment of curiosity. Was that all Ricky wanted to talk about? Was he waiting for him to give Martin back? His green eyes glanced up at Ricky for a moment, watching the father peer at his son before turning them back to the child.

After a few moments of looking at Martin and watching the child play with whatever he could grab hold of, Gale decided he wasn't comfortable holding Martin up with his left hand. Seeing as it wasn't what it used to be. "Okay Martin." He mumbled, mainly to himself as he used his elbow to lift the child into an upright position. "Just going to..." The widower trailed off as he let his hands slid out from under the baby to sit him on his lap. He pulled Martin to him and then finally scooped his right hand under the child. Gale finally lifted him to his chest, finally wrapping his left hand around Martin. "There we go. That is better." He smiled down at him, looking at the clueless and curious look Martin possessed. The artist chuckled a little at this look of wonder, glancing up at Ricky. "He is going to be a curious lad, is he not?" You can always tell that sort of thing when it came to babies. Because they can't be anything but themselves so their personality comes through a lot more than a child or an adult sometimes.

There was another pause, but this time Ricky was quick to break it.

"Gale..."

"Hm?" The pessimist looked up at his friend. It took Ricky a time to actually get out what he wanted to say, but once the pass was mentioned, Gale started to get an idea of what Ricky wanted to say. Gale sighed and looked down at the floor. "There was nothing left of her was there?" That was fine... he supposed... no, no it wasn't, actually. It wasn't fine. He didn't have anything of Kendhl. Kendhl never gave him anything and he never gave her anything. They only knew each other for so long that they never really had anything that meant something to the both of them. Just each other. Now that she was gone, he had nothing. And if he had to come to an empty grave then he would really have nothing.

But Ricky wasn't really interested in Kendhl it seemed. He wanted to know about Hana. The grave that was already there. He should have known he would have been curious about that. It's hard to pass up a grave.

"Um." Gale muttered, trying to piece together how he was going to explain. He didn't know how Ricky would react to Hana. Frankly, he didn't know how Ricky would react to almost anything he probably needed to share. But Ricky deserved to know. And he deserved to know the the whole truth. "I... when I was young- um... " Gale started to take a deep breath because he could tell his voice was starting to waver. "I got married... but she died a not longer after...
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Godfather Godson Time

Postby Ricky Maze on August 1st, 2014, 11:26 pm

Ricky wished that the moment in which the two watched Martin hadn't passed, because in truth he felt that this was certainly gonna overstep the boundaries that Gale usually set between him and those he would talk with. And Ricky was right, but only by partial amount. During the time the fisherman spent scrambling for the right words Gale had automatically picked up on where it was leading, thus he easily came to assume that Ricky wanted to discuss the loss of his recently close friend. It caught the fisherman off guard at first, a look of surprise quickly drawn on his face as he was quick to reassure Gale that Kenny in fact rested with whoever resided in the first grave.

"No no mate, there was... somethin... Oi buried 'er just like yew asked." Damn him. Damn him and his poor way of using words in the right way, but then again how does one talk of their actions when they were involved in something so... dark. Death was always a tough subject for everyone to handle, even worse to try and be honest with and not sounding like a complete ass in the process. Still Ricky didn't refrain from trying, instead he found the answer that he had hoped for soon after. "Wow..." His voice trailed off as his eyes looked down to the floor.

Marriage. Death. As it turned out Gale happen to bear a incredibly heavy secret, one that he naturally preferred to keep to himself. Ricky couldn't blame him. Upon hearing those words the fisherman felt his heart sink just a bit, a heavy mixture of understanding and sadness filled it as he thought of the pain Gale no doubt lived with. He couldn't fully understand but to imagine was as close as he could get, because when it came to the idea of losing his own beloved... there was no absolute worse thing he could hope to suffer.

He loved Telion to no end, and she reciprocated those feelings as well. But there was just more, more to it that neither could hardly describe in truth. To lose that most wonderful and indescribable thing in his life, the very good thing that was the source of change in his world, it would be like living a world without light. A place were the darkest of shadows devoured every happy and good thing. So was it like this for Gale? Did he fall into the state of darkness, where he no longer experienced the happiness he deserved? Gods Ricky sure hoped not, but even if such a case did happen and Gale had been hiding that deep inside this whole time... then it fell into one of Ricky's priorities as a father and a friend, to do what he can to turn things around and see that Gale find better days in his life.

"Goddess. Oi'm sorry mate, Oi shouldn't 'ave imposed." Yet he did. How could he have known though? Was it better to assume? So that mark on 'is chest... Dat would be a Luncan mark then. Ricky thought in silence as knew well that it had to be one, because Cheva Marks vanish and then Luncan Marks appear when one is either unfaithful or widowed. Or so he had heard anyway, but given that Gale had such a mark over his sternum, it had to have been true then.

"D'ya... wanna talk 'bout it? We dun 'ave t' if ye don't want to, Oi dun wanna bring up more bad memories fer ya." He assured Gale as he hoped this subject wasn't driving Gale mad, given how hard it must've been to dig up the past he wanted to keep buried in the first place. If Gale was willing to continue then Ricky would give an honest and sincere look, and of course a nod to follow as he would listen to whatever the Godfather had to say. Of course if Gale felt like changing the subject, Ricky was more than understanding in the reason in why he would want to do so.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Godfather Godson Time

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 2nd, 2014, 6:02 pm

Common Vani Nari

Accidents were a funny thing. It was always strange and no one can ever really know how to react. Of course, he wanted to have something rather than an empty grave to come to. But... it didn't sound like there was much... Or at least what was left wasn't very appealing. Not that death was ever appealing. He shouldn't have asked Ricky to bury her. He should have waited to do it himself. Ricky didn't need to see her like that. He didn't need to have that memory. But he gave it to him. He made him go out there and do it. Dammit, he was so selfish!

"I am sorry Richard... I did not mea-" No, that would be a lie. "I just-" No, stop it. Don't make yourself seem innocent. It was all his fault and there was no way out of it. Gale sniffed, lightly using his wrist to wipe under his nose. "Thanks." He glanced over at his friend with a soft smile, but quickly looking back down. "It means a lot that you did that. Even if you probably didn't want to see her all mangled like that..." He sniffed again and took a deep breath, the cool air of the morning rushing into his lungs. He was suddenly quick to exhale, the cold air feeling similar to the freezing water that Laviku called his domain. This made him cough slightly, but it was obviously stifled. Thankfully it didn't trigger any new coughing fits.

But as the conversation moved on, Gale couldn't help but feeling as if Ricky pitied him. As soon as you mention you lost your wife, it's like you have to have a pity fest, which Gale was never fond of. It was alright to feel bad or to say sorry, but it wasn't like she died yesterday... He was a big boy and if he could handle it for all these years then he certainly wasn't going to lose it now. At least... not over her...

But once he did explain to Ricky, he didn't particularly feel as if weights have been lifted, but a new sense of comfort appeared to have came in the room. He looked back down at Martin with another smile, taking his hand lightly with his finger. "It is alright." He assured. Everyone always says that talking about a loss was the best medicine. If anyone could be that medicine it was Ricky.

While he continued to smile at Martin his mind wondered off back to all those years ago. "Her name was Hana." He probably knew that from the gravestone he made though... "We knew each other since we were kid." Gale spoke softly, though it was more for his throat than anything. But he suddenly got a little louder before it softened again as he continued," She loved to dance... She would always drag me around whenever a musician played. Goddess I sucked at it." He chuckled, remembering all the times in which he would trip or stumble while Hana managed to continue on as if nothing happened. "She was the one that got me into art though." He finally glanced away from Martin to look at Ricky with another smile."Professionally that is. I never thought I was good enough, but she insisted." She was a very persuasive person with her sweet smile and all. She hardly took no for an answer. "When I was twenty when we got married, but her parents never approved. That old hag thought I would never be good enough for his daughter." But he was right, in the end. He was never good enough for Hana. He couldn't even protect her. The smile slowly shrunk until it was hardly anything but a smirk. "She got a disease... they were never able to tell us what it was." All they told him was that they couldn't do anything about it. "But even to the very end, she would not stop thinking about everyone else. She even remembered my birthday you know." In a time like that, when she was on her death bed, counting her last breaths... she tried to make his birthday special. She wanted him to go out and have a nice meal or something. As if that mattered to him. "She sent me to get a book for her that she wanted to show me... But while I was out..." She sent him away on purpose... She didn't want to die in font of him. "When I came back there was this big smile on her face. Just laying there... She looked so happy...

Gale sniffed again, too lost in his own though to notice that he was crying again. He stood up, using his arm to wipe the tears away as he went over the desk. "I still have the book she wanted me to get." He picked up his sketch book with his free hand, going back over to the bed and offering it to Ricky. "She left a note in it saying she wanted me to use it for my art, whatever that may be." He let out a single chuckle. "I have been using it ever since."

OOCIf you want to know what Gale's sketchbook looks like then you can look at the journal thing I have. It explains what's inside and everything.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Godfather Godson Time

Postby Ricky Maze on August 4th, 2014, 3:34 am

Gale's apology was only brushed off with a sense of obligation Rick felt, enough to make him only shake his head in disagreement before they picked up on the topic of the other grave. He needed to do it. Gale needed him to see that his close friend was there for him, was more than able and willing to help make things better for him. Nothing would've changed that, especially when Ricky himself owed Gale so much to begin with. Given that Ricky expected otherwise though when the subject on Gale's past wife, he found an odd sense of relief in knowing that the Godfather wasn't being so shelled with it. The odd part being what Ricky wasn't used to, where as this seemed to be one of those times where something new developed between him and a friend. With Valo it sort of became the same, close friends that were able to share all their secrets with one another.

With Gale though there wasn't much shared, rather just the bond of friendship itself that felt strong. Mainly because Gale had been there for Ricky time after time, and even saved his beloved from a cruel fate in turn as well. That kind of a friend was rare to Ricky, which is why he already considered Gale family even if he hadn't known much of his past. Now he knew why though. As Gale would tell him about Hana, Ricky would have a small but sincere smile as he listened closely. It was even more odd at how Gale married a Hana once and then of course another Hannah shows up later on, though he didn't find as much amusement in it as there would be as he was more focused on Gale's actual story. He loved her and that much Ricky did know. It was clearly drawn on Gale's face as he art he'd come to draw in the sketchbook, when Ricky was finally given a chance to look at it.

At first Ricky looked a bit distant in comparison to the normal expressions he usually held, each drawn image in the sketch a mark of progress on how the talent Gale developed grew as he continued to follow her last dying wish. Gods it was... beautiful and tragic. Such a story didn't really make Ricky feel distanced with Gale, it actually led him to realize quite a number of things in fact. How hard of a life Gale has probably lived. How difficult its been to try and be as somewhat optimistic as Gale tried to be at times. There was just so much now that made sense to Ricky, so much that finally made him figure out how Gale became Gale before they met. It became one of those moments of revelation for the fisherman, as he finally looked back to Gale with a soft smile when he returned the sketchbook.

"Dat's quite a story mate..." Was that really all he could say? At the moment yes. Because the need for words felt small, felt weak in the attempt to show how understanding he truly was. If anything the best Ricky could do was scoot just a bit closer to Gale, just so he can bring an arm around to give a small form of a hug at least, along with a couple pats on top of the shoulder as Ricky cleared his throat to avoid the fact he was overwhelmed with emotions for the Godfather. "Oi'm glad t' 'ave yew 'ere mate, Oi really am y'know. An'... even t'ough yew may 'ave lost a few fingers, Oi still t'ink yew should try drawing still. Don't let somet'in like dat stop yew from doin' what yew do best." He encouraged with soft enthusiasm built up in the process, a chuckle to follow as he couldn't help but feel a strong sense of admiration towards Gale.

"Oi will promise dis t'ough, yew 're Martin's Godfat'er. Dat makes yew family, an' dats because ye were good enough fer me. Fer Tel too o' course. Point bein'," He smiled a little bit as he realized he was about to ramble on, "Yew ain't gotta worry 'bout bein' good enough wit' us, we know we made de roi choice in namin' yew Martin's guardian." He finished with his smile a bit more humble, a deeply honest look in his eyes shot to Gale before he looked down to watch the newborn coo and look around.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Godfather Godson Time

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 4th, 2014, 11:22 pm

Common Vani Nari

It was one thing to see and witness a lifeless body. It was an entirely different situation when that corpse was bloodied from the struggle of which they fought before they died. And there was no way of explaining it when it was a friend. In all honesty, Gale didn't know how close he was to Kendhl. She wasn't around long so now that Gale thought about it, he didn't know if Ricky was just acquaintances with Kendhl or not. But nevertheless, Gale really appreciated what he did all the same. It didn't matter how well Ricky knew the otter himself, it was the fact that he went out and did what he did when he was asked. It wasn't a pretty task, it certainly wasn't easy, and there was at least some level of emotional turmoil, and the fact that Ricky did it without any hesitation assured Gale all the more that he made the right choice in who his friends were.

But as Gale went on to explain about Hana and hand Ricky his sketchbook, it became hard for the artist to understand what Ricky was thinking. Or even feeling about the entire situation. He didn't want to make him uncomfortable with the story, seeing as he was a married man now and thinking about someone's spouse dying wasn't exactly an ideal thought. But Ricky needed to know, and it was about time. But now that he did know, it was hard to tell if he was even processing what Gale was saying. He just held the same face the entire time, which didn't really comfort the widower. It just added to his growing concern on how Ricky would ultimately respond in the end.

He left the sketchbook for Ricky to look at for a long while, seeing as there was a lot of work to go through and he wanted to let Ricky go through it at his own pace. He didn't really have anything to hide within the pictures themselves, there wasn't any secrete message within them, and none of them were even Hana's beside the hand print on the front page, but he figured Ricky probably would have asked in the end about the book anyway. Or maybe it made Gale feel as if his story was real. That it wasn't something he dreamed. It assured him that Ricky knew he wasn't making it up. He felt as if it was some sort of proof. Proof that his perfect wife existed and wasn't just a vision or something similar.

But the room was fairly silent as Ricky did this. There was the occasional flipping of pages and Martin cooing and speaking like all babies do. The Godfather smile down at the child in his arms, watching his reach his short arms towards the nearest possible thing, that being his curly hair that hung low over his face. Martin's tiny fingers gripped toward the messy slop of hair, even managing to grab a strand and pull on it. It was hardly considered a tug at first, Gale managing to chuckle as the baby did his best to play with it. But it didn't seem it take long before Martin, of course, wanted to put it in his mouth, so the little boy pulled to bring it towards him. "Ow, hey. Now it is starting to hurt." He chuckled again with his sick like tone. He gently pulled Martin's hand away, saying more to himself than anyone,"I need to cut my hair."

It was around this time that Ricky finished the last few pages of drawings. He gave a pretty typical response, but Gale chuckled, remembering all the times in which Ricky has said that exact same thing. Ricky inched closer, reaching around the man and pulling his closer to offer a hug. Physically, it was a little awkward for Gale, seeing as he was still holding Martin and he couldn't exactly return the hug besides reaching his free hand over to pat his hand. But Gale didn't think much about it, knowing Ricky's intentions and the sheer amount of emotion within the room. Gale couldn't be the only one who felt it, of course Ricky did too, or else he probably wouldn't have hugged him in the first place.

But Gale pulled a smile onto his face, looking over at Ricky once Ricky let go, saying "You say that a lot, you know that?" He tried to make his voice higher to give his best impression of the Wave Guard,"That's quite the story mate." He gave a soft laugh. It was a terrible impression. It plainly sucked, but it still was funny to Gale.

But of course that probably wasn't what Ricky want to say or hear. He obviously had something on his mind he wanted to get out, because it didn't take nothing but a tick for him to continue and give another one of his inspirational speeches he always seemed to do. Truth be told, he didn't expect Ricky to bring up his hand at this point, because he thought he would have wanted to ask or say something about Hana. But maybe the surprise it was what made him actually think about it.

Gale did try to try a few times after the accident. He drew a big in the infirmary, despite the nurse's disapproval and he tried using either of his hands, but he always got too frustrated with it to finish anything. All he could really do was just minor scribbles, and it was hard for him to apply enough pressure on the page to do any sort of shading or even just bold lines. They were always faded and just looked like a kids got a cold of the charcoal. But Ricky was right. Art was what he did best. If Ricky thought he could still handle it then the least he could do was at least give it another try. He'll just have to... well, he didn't exactly know what he was suppose to do, but he could figure it out. He hoped his patience wasn't too limited for such a task however.

After a few ticks of thought, Gale smirked again and nodded"Alright, alright. I will give it a shot." He looked at Ricky again. He'd need to get new charcoal though. All his pieces broke during the accident. They were too small of pieces to use now.

But Ricky still wasn't done it seemed, which put Gale into another brief moment of shock. It was also something that he didn't really think Ricky would bring up. At least not at this point. Gale had always thought he was good enough to be a husband and a father. He never really let Travis, his father-in-law, change that. It was only when Gale realized just how lucky he was to have Hana that he started thinking he wasn't good enough. He was by far one of the most unperfect people he knew, yet he managed to fall in love with the most beautiful, the most perfect woman that he could ever imagine. And she fell in love with him. He had no idea how the mere thought of such was possible, but it happened. He didn't deserve her in any sense of the word but he had her. That was what he meant by he wasn't good enough. Hana deserved better than him and that in his eyes meant he wasn't good enough.

But Ricky certainly was a man with many words, and when he saw something that he thought wasn't true, he didn't have a hard time correcting you. And so Ricky did. He went on for a little bit about how he was the perfect candidate for being Martin's Godfather, and due to the lack of not knowing what to do, Gale continued to smile and chuckle. When Ricky was finally done, all Gale could really say was,"And I would not have it any other way. I do not know where I would be if it were not for you guys." Probably at the bottom of the ocean...
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Godfather Godson Time

Postby Ricky Maze on August 6th, 2014, 3:37 am

When Gale pointed out the usual phrase Ricky would say and followed with a mimed version of his own, poorly demonstrated too, the fisherman couldn't help but laugh before he went on with his little speech. Sure, he did say that often but that was because it tended to be true. Stories themselves were different in their own little way and to hear how they turned out always led to feeling a certain thing, or learning a certain lesson with the morals that were included. For Ricky though stories were brilliant ways to connect and entertain others, to find ways in getting deep and vulnerable with those who listened as they would learn new unexpected things about the person in the story... and the person who told the story.

Hence why he was strongly passionate about stories in general, and even if he could admire the fact he had some of his own to tell... he found it much easier to fabricate his life story into somebody else. His role in life was intended to be ordinary, that's all he ever wanted in general. An ordinary life with a ordinary family and hardly any life threatening crisis' save for the trivial matters, like funding for food and living costs and... well all the other important basic principles that involved living. But no. He had his current life right now, a life that had plenty of stories and lessons to spare. He was happy with it and didn't really want any more, now that he finally had himself a beautiful wife and son to work on taking care of. When the rest of the speech had passed and Ricky finally got out everything he felt the need to express, he automatically felt his face beam with a wide smile.

He was happy, and felt it genuinely too. Gale was by far an important friend he couldn't easily live without, and so the artist proved to be one of the most special people to ever come into Ricky's life. For multiple reasons of course, several which were too obvious to name off hand. When Gale gave in to the peer pressure of encouragement with the drawing again, it made the fisherman chuckle more with a bit more positive prodding to follow. Things like "Oi know yew can do it," and "Oi believe in ya," came about as Ricky would finally come to receive his son from Gale once more, carefully of course seeing as how they had to make sure the baby was cradled safely in his harms.

Seeing as how Gale would need his rest, since he'd had quite a night and a start of the morning, Ricky thought to give the man that sort of time and space once more. Only this time he knew he didn't have anything to worry about, seeing as how both he and Gale were still on great if not better terms than before. There wasn't any need for the fisherman to worry about giving Gale his personal space then, though the thought didn't exclude the notion of still giving the artist some of that space to begin with. Sure it was nice to be involved with Gale and be able to talk and help him out, but Ricky still had the habit of giving the Godfather as much air to breath as possible. Of course today Gale seemed to need it, given he'd still need more time and thought on what exactly happened that involved him getting another mark. Either way Ricky left with a warm hearted goodbye before returning to his room with Martin, his thoughts left to trail on about his family as a whole. Telion, Martin, Gale, and Hannah.

They were what made his family, and as of right now he couldn't be much happier thinking about that.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Godfather Godson Time

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 6th, 2014, 4:25 am

Common Vani Nari

Looking back to the day where Gale first met Ricky, it didn't take much to see just how far they have come. Both as friends and as individuals. Well, at least he as an individual. Gale could clearly see the path he had taken since he befriended Ricky that day and he had to say... It was different. It felt almost like a complete turn around. He went from a murderer who could hardly stand his life to being the Godfather of one of the most prized persons on Mizahar's son. It was hardly fathomable how he was even capable of such a thing. Out of all the people in Mizahar that Gale could have befriended that day, how could it have been he befriended Ricky? Gale had no idea.

But it didn't matter in the end because Gale wasn't going to change that fact. He was happy where he was and he was going to keep it that way.

After a while of the two talking and Gale mentioning how he felt about the matter, Ricky showed intention of wanting Martin back, and no one could blame him. Gale sighed, a little disappointed that he had to give the child back, but Gale wouldn't dare keep him away from his father any longer than Ricky would like. "Okay, Martin, time to go to back to papa." He tried to sound enthusiastic about it, for reasons unknown. Gale was careful when handing Ricky Martin, smiling at him while he was transition into Ricky's arms. He grinned at the two for a moment as Ricky got comfortable with Martin before just looking at Ricky.

The two stood up as Ricky headed out to leave. There was a simple exchange of farewells, but before Gale shut the door he quickly said,"Thanks." He didn't wait for Ricky's response before closing it, but he didn't really need to. He figured Ricky knew what he meant, which was thanks for the general comfort and support he held throughout the situation.

The man was left to himself once more. He stood there for several ticks, simply thinking about the conversation that was just held. But it passed quickly as the realization of weariness started to overwhelm Gale once more. He still hadn't had a wink of sleep. So instead of starting the day, the artist went over to his dresser to see if his clothes were dry. After confirming such, he changed into them, feeling much more comfortable now he was wearing undergarments under his pants.

But as he was slipping his shirt over his head, in an all too familiar manner, he felt his chest expand.

"Shyke!"
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Godfather Godson Time

Postby Aoren on August 23rd, 2014, 3:01 pm

Ricky

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Interrogation + 2 EXP
Investigation + 2 EXP
Childcare +3 EXP
Persuasion + 4 EXP
Reimancy +2 EXP
Storytelling +1 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
The Woes of Waking Early
Laviku’s Graceful Beard, A Declaration of Exclamation!
Gale Has Earned A Godsmark!
Infants Are More Susceptible To Cold
Delving Into Gale’s Past
Storytelling: How I Met Ignotus
Gale: Is the Son of Ignotus
Gale: Was Married When He Was Younger
Gale: His Wife’s Name Was Hana
Zeltiva’s Fate With or Without Ignotus

Gale

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Rhetoric + 1 EXP
Observation + 4 EXP
Persuasion + 2 EXP
Childcare +2 EXP
Socialization +5 EXP
Interrogation +2 EXP
Storytelling +3 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Cough From The Night Before…
Rhetoric: The Art of Creative Swearing
Convoluted Thoughts, Difficult Tales To Form
The Difficulty of Facing A Friend
Ricky: A Reimancer and a Shielder
Ricky Knows Ignotus
Ricky: Repeatedly Comments on Stories
Zeltiva’s Fate With or Without Ignotus
Martin: Going To Be a Curious Lad?
Storytelling: Hana and I

Notes :
Wow! Quite an emotional and revealing thread. Thank you for this. If you have questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to approach me at your earliest convenience.
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous