OOC Info The Common Room

Zeltiva's OOC thread! OOC chatter should go here!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

The Common Room

Postby Perplexity on November 2nd, 2014, 6:03 pm

Welcome to The Common Room!

Ladies and gentlemen, rest your feet, talk about things. Do things character development related! Just keep it civil and try to mitigate spam as much as possible. Enjoy your stay in Zeltiva!

Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

The Common Room

Postby Ricky Maze on November 4th, 2014, 5:03 am

Yay to the new Common Room!

Anyways, this took me like a minute to address but I finally have the party thread set up! So Zeltiva, any of and all players here are welcome to jump in as it is an open event, and it is intended to be a fun get together for us all as we celebrate Martin's first birthday. :)

Here we are!
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Common Room

Postby Perplexity on November 8th, 2014, 1:55 am

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I give you the newly revised Martial Society of Zeltiva! This replaces the old Martial Association because...well...it was rather confusing and non-sensical. There will be further write-ups to accompany this revision to a city faction. They will be coming down the pipeline soon!

-Perplexity

Perplexity

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

The Common Room

Postby Lani Stranger on November 8th, 2014, 4:49 am

Plexy, you are such a great ST. I see all these cool things going on in Zeltiva and all the awesome projects you are working on and I want to come back T.T ... Darn plots and goals and things keeping me away from the city. xD I'll be back... >.>
Lani Stranger
Wanderer

Words: 697231
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2014, 11:48 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Common Room

Postby Perplexity on November 8th, 2014, 3:12 pm

I was asked a couple questions recently that has prompted me to go on a bit of a schpeel. This isn't angry just a bit about my observations and things you as players should be aware of. I'll start with NPC's.

NPC's that you are going to regularly interact with must be accompanied with a write-up. Are you going to learn something from them? They must have a write-up. Are they your employer? Write-up. Are they a figure who regularly appears in your threads? Write up.

Now, whether they fall into the realm of Personal or City NPC's, that's up to you though I may nudge it in the appropriate direction if I feel it's needed.

What about random thread fillers? I don't mind these. In fact, Zeltiva is one of the largest cities in Mizahar in terms of population with roughly 18,000 to 20,000 people living here at any given time. You're going to bump into people. Are you a thief who's profession has been officially signed off and in your SS thread? Steal to your hearts content. You can even approach me about picking up a few extra mizas if you want. (All rewards would need my seal of approval though) But don't be surprised when suddenly you have a Guardsman or two after you. In fact, that should be a regular occurrence. Have fun with it. Just because you get caught doesn't mean you'll spend obnoxious amounts of time in prison or get executed.

Zeltiva is unique in being a city where the Law is debated in court rooms and players can hire an attorney to defend them. Why? Reasons for that will be released very soon. Suffice it to say bureaucracy is Zeltiva's middle name.

Are you a Guardsman? A mercenary? This city is Eastern Mizahar's central trade hub. It sees traffic from most of the seaworthy cities in Sylira, Eyktol, Cyphrus and even Kalea. (See trade routes) You can find things in Zeltiva you might not be exposed to in other cities in the region. Just run it by me. Unless there's a special note on the Price List or it's something completely outlandish the chances of you being able to find it in the city's markets is very good.

Zeltiva is a wealthy city. That wealth is constantly in motion because it's what keeps the city alive. It's people are hearty (they might be a little rough around the edges) but they're intelligent, strong willed and very spirited. Don't have anything to do? Submit something to The Crier's Board. There are a lot of things to do besides dithering about at the World's End Grotto and the Kelp Bar.

So what am I saying? Have fun. Use the environment at your disposal. The worst that's going to happen is I'm going to poke you and say "you can't do this but you can do this". I know things are kinda hum-drum at the moment and I am working on that slowly but steadily. But that shouldn't stop you.

Happy Writing,
Perplexity

Perplexity

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

The Common Room

Postby Bianca White on November 10th, 2014, 4:04 am

Hello Zeltiva!

I am your new and friendly resident attorney/aspiring politician. Shoot me a PM if you want to thread.

♥♥♥
Bianca White
sweet beginning

Words: 25644
Joined roleplay: November 9th, 2014, 12:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Common Room

Postby Ricky Maze on November 10th, 2014, 4:09 am

Picks Bianca up and puts her in his pocket, walks away with but a whistled tune.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

The Common Room

Postby Alarin on November 11th, 2014, 3:07 am

A musician in a city whose middle name is bureaucracy. Alarin will not be pleased at my decision. Looking forward to everything that might occur here.
Alarin
Player

Words: 5361
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2014, 3:35 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Common Room

Postby Lisana on November 13th, 2014, 3:50 am

Hello Zeltiva! I would introduce myself, but looking back at previous replies, I don't think Ricky's pocket would be very comfortable. A bit of a tight fit. :D
I make mediocre boxcodes for people here.
Otaia|Anthere|Lisana
3/5 Threads
Lisana
Player

Words: 66239
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2014, 11:45 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Common Room

Postby Ricky Maze on November 13th, 2014, 5:10 am

No worries! Stuffs Lisana in his backpack.

Anyways, welcome to Zeltiva! If you're ever in need of a threading partner or a bit of insight on the city, I'd be happy to help out in both forms. :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next