Quest On Guard!

Not everyone is interested in peace...[Ricky, Saraphina, Yuri]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

On Guard!

Postby Yuri Lehrer on November 10th, 2014, 2:44 am

Yuri’s desperate gambit with the dagger worked, but as the blades connected a loud crack of thunder made itself known, the cause obviously unnatural, his opponent stopping his assault in its tracks, the look of anger still there, but another crack of thunder, this time accompanied by a flash of lightning, this made both Yuri and the man look to its source, a new group had entered the now lulled battlefield. The group consisted of a strikingly beautiful woman flanked by two robed men, with hoods up, trailing behind these three, was a full contingent of the Wave Guard, something Yuri was grateful for, he wasn’t sure he could have continued the fight with his opponent, unconsciously sheathing his sword, keeping hold of the dagger, twirling it absentmindedly in his hand.

As he looked around the former battlefield, now subdued, Yuri saw that a majority of the combatants were staring at, or bowing to the woman veiled in purple, he heard many indistinct whispers and gathered that this woman, whoever she was, was very important, and obviously of a high station in the city. Sure he had heard about this woman before, Yuri searched his memory but came up short on the identity, instead opting to hear what was being said to all “Is this the enlightenment of our glorious city? To welcome our brothers and sisters of The Deep with hatred and bloodshed? Where is the pride of Zeltiva? Where is the Faith in our beloved Father? Lay down your weapons, Children.” To Yuri the way she spoke reminded him of his mother, when she chastised him for doing something wrong, which was rare, but something he remembered well.

Another voice rang out over the now silent encampment, this one distinctly male “Shikar!” Yuri couldn’t see who had spoken, but he guessed it was Shikar’s partner, judging by the tone and concern in the voice, a few ticks later the veiled woman spoke again “Let it be known that on this day, the Iyvess stay in the sanctuary of Laviku’s Temple.” This made Yuri think briefly So… she is a priestess? One of the higher ups? While thinking, the young mercenary failed to notice that the person he had been fighting until recently had moved away, and that in his place stood a man in wave blue robes, when he became aware of the man’s presence, Yuri broke from his thoughts to listen to what the man had apparently come over to say “Her Holiness, Lady Selene of the Delving requests the honor of your presence, Sir.” To the mercenary, the name and title meant little, considering that he usually spent his time in the Mirahil Pass training or carrying out jobs for employers, but he assumed that they belonged to the woman in purple who had stopped the battle with just her presence.

Several thoughts were processed though Yuri’s head in the brief moment before he answered the man Should I go? If so, am I really attired properly… you know what, I have been asked for by someone important, so I shouldn’t keep them… uh… her… waiting. Deciding on his course of action, Yuri replied to the summons “It would be my honour to fulfil the request of Her Holiness.” Waiting with the dagger, now sheathed in his belt, for the man to lead the way.

All thanks to Assilsa Curare for the signature.

Replied Owed 1/1 | Threads 1/5 (3) | Threads Planned: 1 | Threads Awaiting Grading: 0

Threads that need replies: 1/1 (1)
Death to Death
Yuri Lehrer
The Honourable Mercenary

Words: 118678
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2013, 4:19 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

On Guard!

Postby Perplexity on November 13th, 2014, 1:48 pm

Each of them was lead through the throng of people still gathering their wits about them. The tension still hung in the air but with the large presence of Wave Guard few, if any, were dumb enough to try and stir up trouble again. As they were lead to the grouping of Iyvess the Dhani let them pass though there was hesitation from some. The mob had put the sea dwellers on edge and rightly so. Still, some who had fought close to Yuri and Saraphina recognized them at people who aided them. That at least earned them some grudging respect. Ricky was allowed to pass because of the uniform he wore. The Iyvess might have been angered by the unwarranted attack on their people but they recognized that the Wave Guard were at least interested in keeping the peace.

The three were brought past a ring of warriors still standing at the ready, cautious and ever searching for trouble, to what looked to be a makeshift camp to tend to wounded. Seated in the sand near the edge of the water were Shikar, her partner the Chieftain, and the High Priestess. The dark haired woman was deep in conversation with the two Iyvess leaders. The conversation came to a close with the arrival of her two acolytes and the three who aided the Dhani. To describe the woman who turned her gaze upon the three of them, was to describe a woman who was truly beloved by the sea and in turn loved it. The oceanic gnosis marks of Laviku drifted across her body shimmering and lively, as vibrant as the waves they so beautifully depicted. Indeed, the waters of Matthew’s Bay seemed drawn to her almost as if the Sea Father were reaching out to say, “this one is mine”.

You are the brave souls who stood strong when so many others fell prey to their fears, yes?” It was a rhetorical question. Shikar, the dark skinned warrior acknowledge Yuri with a sly smile giving him a wink. She nodded to Saraphina. There was an appreciative look in the Dhani woman’s eyes. Her nod was an acknowledgement between warriors. To Ricky, Shikar quirked her head but gave him a nod as well. Behind her stood the imposing figure of her husband. The Chieftain had both hands resting upon Shikar’s shoulders standing as the picture of a man ready to strike down anyone who got too close.

Thank you.” Selene’s voice washed over them heavy with gratitude. “You have my thanks and the thanks of the Iyvess. But gratitude is not the only reward you shall receive.

The woman inclined her head in a regal manner.

Speak. Each of you deserves a reward worthy of the challenge you have faced and the call you answered. The Mighty Laviku smiles upon you today, as he smiles upon us all, He would see your virtuous deeds rewarded.” She folded her hands in her lap awaiting the requests of the three. If it were within her power to grant their requests she would see it done.
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

On Guard!

Postby Saraphina Skyglow on November 14th, 2014, 7:25 pm

Saraphina Skyglow

T he short walk to Selene's presence was filled with aches and suppressed winces for Saraphina. Her body did not appreciate the abuse she'd put it through. But she forced the twinges to the back of her mind and kept close to the acolyte that led her. As she glanced around, Saraphina could see some of the Iyvess look her over. Some gave an appreciative smile or a nod of respect and the Kelvic felt a surge of pride that her choices and actions had gained her a measure of acceptance from the sea dwellers. The guards that circled around Shikar and her mate did not show such affection and Saraphina couldn't blame them. Clearly the leaders of the Iyvess in Zeltiva were well loved and respected by their den mates. The protection and community that emanated from all the Dhani was astounding, why had the foolish people of Zeltiva allowed their fear to consume them? The Iyvess were an inverted people, they did not seek war or death, only acceptance. Saraphina supposed it was one of those human emotions she had yet to understand.

P assing through the ring of warriors, Saraphina paused in her walk as she looked over the scene. Lady Selene positively radiated power, the waves of the bay seeming to curl around her like a warm blanket. Swallowing hard, Saraphina felt very small in that moment. Never before had she been in the presence of one so close to the gods. It was an incredible and intimidating sensation. The Kelvic took in a breath and moved forward, give a deep nod to the purple clothed women heavy with respect. She may not follow Laviku but she knew to respect his chosen. Shikar and her mate seemed comfortable. The acknowledgement between warriors was understood by the ginger and she quirked her lips in a smirk, nodding back but not speaking. Somehow it felt wrong to be the first to say anything in the presence of such powerful company. Saraphina couldn't help but feel a small surge of jealously run through her. Seeing how close the two clearly were made her Kelvic instinct to find her own mate flare to the surface. Would she ever be able to complete herself? It was a question that would have to be answered another time, Selene was speaking to her.

W hen Selene smiled, Saraphina swore she saw a large finned sea creature jump out of the water. The Kelvic shifter blinked in shock at the Priestess's words.....a.....reward? She wanted to give her a gift for her actions? The very notion of getting payment for merely doing what she believed to be right seemed....wrong to her. Saraphina was not a greedy person, she had little need for material wealth. All she needed was enough to see her comfortable and the wilds around her to explore and escape into. And knowing how much influence this stunning women must hold over Zeltiva....Saraphina was honestly at a complete and total loss. For several chimes the red head studied the ground, carefully contemplating how to answer. Normally she would turn down the offer of a reward.....but doing so to Selene might greatly offend the Priestess. Finally coming to a decision, Saraphina lifted her golden eyes and looked to the gnosis blessed Lady, "Zeltiva has been good to me. I've learned a great deal and met many I have come to call friend. But it is not my home in the same way you call it. What I did today, I did not do for Zeltiva....but for the Iyvess. I do not believe any should be wrongly prosecuted simply for existing and that all should be given a chance to find their place in the world. I....am honestly not sure what to ask for Lady Selene. I don't crave wealth or power like most humans. I am happy with what I have. But....I don't want to offend either, so if I am to ask for anything, it would be a weapon and armor set of my choice....so that I can use those items to defend other who deserve a chance to find their place in the world." Saraphina felt good about her response to the High Priestess and waited with slightly baited breath for her response.
Last edited by Saraphina Skyglow on December 4th, 2014, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saraphina Skyglow
No chains will ever hold me

Words: 234308
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2014, 11:59 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

On Guard!

Postby Ricky Maze on November 15th, 2014, 7:04 am

As they took the trip together to meet with the High Lady of Laviku there was nothing but silence among the three of them, Ricky had taken to hold a hand over his side with a bit of pressure against the wound, seeing as how he hadn't the means to wrap a bandage around it just yet. Besides he'd merely suffered... what? Two minor injuries he could easily recover from? Definitely better compared to other times where he'd nearly fallen on death's door, but as far as the other two were involved Ricky felt more concern for the girl. He should've guessed she was a Kelvic, even though he really hadn't the time to watch as she transformed to join the fray. The fact she was naked though, or at least had nothing but the robe from the men that walked at the High Priestess's side, hinted well enough that he could guess she in fact was such a creature. Yet that wasn't where his concern lied, no it was in the fact she looked worse for wear compared to the two men that walked with her.

Still he wouldn't question her condition for she seemed strong enough to tough it out, therefore his eyes watched elsewhere as they moved onward. Tension still existed in the faces of the Ivysess in the encampment, some seemed respective of what the three had done while others didn't seem too thrilled to have them around. Yet all the same they were treated as guests or so he felt, allowed to enter their midst as the High Lady waited to have word with the three of them. Once they had finally arrived Ricky found himself in an awe inspired trance as he watched the lady while she finished her previous conversation, the two leaders of the Ivysess finished as all eyes fell upon the three of them once they'd entered the presence of her Grace. To watch her though as the waves on her skin danced and moved about, so freely and calm with a life of their own they kept a sense of serene beauty. She who was marked by Laviku looked to be a woman deeply connected with the sea, and in turn Ricky felt that the sea itself loved her in turn. Rather than proceed into the respective kneel as he thought earlier, he deemed the bow of courtesy to be more appropriate when she looked to address them.

While Shikar had given nods to the three, with an odd look to spare on Ricky, he returned hers with that of a humble nod in turn, his smile remained gentle as he felt a mixture of feelings at the moment. Was he proud of his actions? Should he have been proud? He definitely felt like it was the right choice, but his situation from earlier still made him question the reality behind his role. While they had been given the appreciation in recognition for their choice, the High Lady herself deemed that there was more than just gratitude to provide them. After the word of a boon being granted drifted into the ears of the fisherman, a drop of the jaw was all that followed as awe once again slapped him in the face. She serious?! The fact such an offer existed completely threw the larger man into a moment of shock, the sudden train of thoughts he could collected instantly scattered as he had to mentally shake himself to regain composure. He had to think now, think on something she could likely grant were he to ask. There wasn't really much he could ask for in general, where most men were happy with money or some other material form of a reward, Ricky alone didn't want much of anything in the beginning.

So what could he ask for? As the girl Saraphina came to make a decision and said she desired a weapon and a set of armor of her choosing, he fretted just a bit as he felt puzzled in the effort of deciding what he wanted to ask for. Genuinely he would've refused and accepted the gift of appreciation as enough, but this was the High Priestess that was before them, to turn down an offer could surely prove insult on her part if he were to do so. He figured there could at least be one thing that might be acceptable, though however contribution toward it would work, that depended solely on what the High Priestess could do. It seemed like an overly large stretch and in turn he'd feel more than eternally indebted to her, but for the sake of the ideal he held onto for so long he had to at least give this request a chance. "M'lady," He addressed her with great respect, "A few years ago Oi came back t' Zeltiva t' find Oi no longer 'ad a home, an' last year I swore Oi would 'ave a house fer me whole family t' live in, o' course its taken a bit o' time t' accomplish such a task what wit' recent events."

He tried his best to avoid being sheepish in his request, the bashful nature present as he started to fumble his words just a bit. "I-if it were possible, could dere be a way t' be granted rights t' a property Oi've had me sights on? Oi'd do whatever is in me power t' make it count, ye 'ave de word o' a sworn guardian o' Zeltiva." He promised as he hoped the request wasn't as outrageous as he feared, somehow though the sudden sweat on his brow though made the nerves feel differently about it.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

On Guard!

Postby Yuri Lehrer on November 20th, 2014, 12:27 am

When the robed man began to lead the way to the high priestess, Yuri followed silently, looking at the aftermath of a now pointless conflict, a majority of the people they passed looked shocked still, likely because of the manner in which the High Priestess had made herself know, Yuri himself still had a slight ringing in his ears from the thunderclaps. Rubbing his ears to get rid of the ringing, he looked at the people he had helped; some of them gave him a grudging nod of respect, while others smiled a little, as though appreciating that some would fight for them without thinking about it.

As he approached the ring of warriors which must have constituted Selene’s bodyguard, Yuri noticed that there were a couple of other people being led there as well, Ricky Maze, the Wave Guardsman who had been standing guard outside the encampment, he appeared to be a little worse for wear, evidently he had been a part of the fight at some point, Yuri wondered what had become of his opponent. As he did so, he saw another familiar face, that of the tiger Kelvic Saraphina Skyglow, who had also aided the Iyvess in their defence of their encampment. He considered greeting the Kelvic and Wave Guardsman, but didn’t have the time to do so, as they all entered the ring of warriors, Yuri paused to consider the High Priestess, she radiated power, the markings on her body moving as freely as the tide, the waves in the bay seemed to be trying to reach up to her, as though Laviku himself was saying “This one is mine.” The young mercenary was awed by this, wondering what it was like to be so close to the gods, before he noticed that any conversation that had been underway was now over.

Moving into place near Ricky and Saraphina, Yuri wondered why they had been summoned here, not before he had caught what he could have sworn was a slight smile from Shikar, accompanied by a wink, but it was so brief he couldn’t be sure, just before he pondered whether he had seen this the High Priestess spoke, or rather asked a question “You are the brave souls who stood strong when so many others fell prey to their fears, yes?” Yuri was going to answer the question, out of respect, but realised that it was rhetorical, catching his reply before it made itself known, instead choosing to stand straight, at attention while he waited for whatever else was going to be said make itself known. He didn’t have to wait long, as Lady Selene spoke once more “Thank you.” Her voice was full of what could only be described as gratitude, yet she wasn’t finished speaking “You have my thanks and the thanks of the Iyvess. But gratitude is not the only reward you shall receive.” This made the young mercenary wonder what the High Priestess was talking about, as he hadn’t thought that there would be a reward involved for simply helping out those in need.

Still standing to attention, Yuri listened to Lady Selene as she inclined her head in what could only be described as regally “Speak. Each of you deserves a reward worthy of the challenge you have faced and the call you answered. The Mighty Laviku smiles upon you today, as he smiles upon us all, He would see your virtuous deeds rewarded.” The mercenary listened to each of his companions as they asked for what they wanted, Saraphina asking for a weapon and armour set of her choice, a logical one, considering the line of work she had been interested in doing, Ricky asked for a house, not just for himself, but his family as well, Yuri nodded at this, someone who looked out for others over themselves, when they had the choice, was a good person, at least, to Yuri. When it came to his turn to ask, Yuri thought briefly what he could possibly want, but decided on a course of action which he found most like him. Taking a deep breath, he began speaking, his tone was appeciative “Your Holiness, I am truly grateful that I was able to help out the Iyvess today, but I did it out of a sense of honour, and what I would believe that many others would have done given the chance. I shall therefore decline any reward this day, as I do not believe my actions are worthy of one. I apologise for declining your offer.” When he had finished speaking, Yuri bowed to the High Priestess, and then to the leaders of the Iyvess people, hoping that they would not question his declining of a reward.

Replied Owed 1/1 | Threads 1/5 (3) | Threads Planned: 1 | Threads Awaiting Grading: 0

Death to Death
Yuri Lehrer
The Honourable Mercenary

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

On Guard!

Postby Perplexity on December 3rd, 2014, 11:28 pm

The High Priestess considered each of their requests for a few moments before smiling and giving a nod. She spoke first to Saraphina addressing each hero of the day in kind.

We are glad that this city has found even the smallest of places in your heart. There is goodness here. There is joy to be found here. Consider your request granted. Sebastian?” She turned to the attendant on her right nodding to Saraphina.

Take this young lady to the Armed Scholar. Purchase for her whatever it is that is within Master Ral’s ability to craft.“ The attendant gave Lady Selene a low bow. It was the same attendant that had gifted to Saraphina his cloak so that she was appropriately covered. He gave the tiger Kelvic a smile.

Do you need to collect your things, Miss?” Gesturing for the young woman to lead the way back to her own possessions he followed along with her in relative silence.

If you need help, I can assist you in locating your belongings.

Saraphina :
Howdy Saraphina! You may select from the price list one weapon and set of armor to total no more than 200 GM’s with modifications. PM me with your final choices and if a change needs to be made I'll let you know.

Selene turned to Ricky. Her gaze seemed to peer past the man and into something deep within him. Whatever it was that she might have seen brought a smile to her face. She nodded.

Your request is not outlandish, Sergeant but it will take time. I will personally see to it that you are granted the property that you desire. Fully. You are a man of honor, a man who has served this city with distinction. What better reward is a home to lay your head to rest after a trying day of protecting our people?” She inclined her head regally to Ricky. There could be no doubting that the High Priestess of Laviku possessed no small amount of influence within the city. A woman able to bring an entire skirmish to a dead halt was indeed a force to be reckoned with. Finally she turned to Yuri. The dark haired woman quirked her head but didn’t seem to take offense to his statement.

Such selflessness. You humble me, Sir.” She bowed her head to Yuri a motherly smile touching her features before she considered the young man carefully.

If you will not choose a reward then perhaps you will accept a gift?” The High Priestess gestured behind Yuri. Should the gathered turn their attention away from her they would see that several more of her attendants, likely the other Acolytes of the Temple, had arrived. She motioned to one of them. He was dressed somewhat differently than the others. He wore the attire of a warrior as opposed to a robed holy man. Sturdy leather armor clung to his broad frame. He walked with the gait of a man who knew battle. Across his shoulders was a dark violet cape.

Silas, may I?” Without hesitation the warrior unclasped his cape and presented it to the High Priestess. She took it in her hands then rose from her seat. With the cape draped across her forearms she presented it to Yuri.

That the warmth of Zeltiva follow you wherever you go, and that you know of my gratitude. Please, accept this and go in peace.
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

On Guard!

Postby Saraphina Skyglow on December 4th, 2014, 1:39 am

Saraphina Skyglow

S araphina let go of the breath she'd been holding without realizing. Lady Selene wasn't offended by her request and she seemed quite happy to grant her request for arms. Smiling lightly, the ginger Kelvic gave the Priestess a small bow, a rare treat for the human as Saraphina rarely show signs of submission to anyone. Bowing, kneeling, groveling...those weren't signs of respect in the predators mind, but rather stifling chains that sucked the freedom and hope from people. But to Selene she offered this small social favor that the human's seemed so fond of. Giving Yuri and Ricky a nod as well, she turned to the Acolyte that had lead her to the High Priestess. Thinking for a moment, she nodded to Sebastian, "I'd appreciate the help in finding my things....two pairs of eyes looking are better anyway. My clothes and boots probably got buried in the sand. They'll be fun to try and find." Saraphina manage a wry grin and started to head back towards where she'd first stripped off her clothing.

L ooking back over her shoulder at the group, she hoped in her heart that the Iyvess were given a fair chance to assimilate into the world. They really were a fascinating people, so full of life and passion. A lot could be learned from the sea dwellers for those with the patience to sit and listen. Maybe not for her, as she wasn't really a patient type, but others certainly. As the Kelvic had thought, her belongings were firmly scattered across the beach and filled with white, gritty sand. But with the Acolytes help, she managed to locate all of her things. Sebastian politely turned his back when she dropped his cloak to change back into her clothing. A smirk tugged at her lips, humans and their modesty....she would never understand that.

P ulling on her boot as a final touch, the red head picked up the cloak and brushed off the sand, handing it back to the human man. Sebastion whipped the cloth back around his shoulders and secured it before nodded back towards the city. Saraphina lead the Acolyte to where she'd teathered Abaccus. Her mount had faired well, being away from the excitement, he acutally looked rather bored. Taking the reins, she followed Sebastion into the city and towards the Armed Scholar to collect her reward from Lady Selene.

Saraphina Skyglow
No chains will ever hold me

Words: 234308
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2014, 11:59 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

On Guard!

Postby Ricky Maze on December 6th, 2014, 6:25 am

For a moment while she gazed upon him he kept his head bowed in a maintained respectful demeanor as he waited to hear her words, his stomach fell into a churned roll as he nervously thought the request something out of reach. Yet even when he felt such a request was by far overdone she somehow denied that belief and instead gave him her own way of approval, albeit something completely shocking compared to the contrary in which Ricky expected to face. When the High Lady's own words reached his ears he felt huge weight lift from his shoulders that in turn led him to ease into a relaxed state, yet at the same time the sheer amount of humbleness he felt nearly brought him to his knees because of the tremendous amount of appreciation he held in her answer.

"By de shores, t'ank ya me Lady! Oi'll do whatever is needed, time needn't be a concern as we've waited dis long, what's a lil' longer 'afore we 'ave a real place t' call home." He nodded to her graciously as he felt uplifted deep within, his hopes heightened further as he felt sure he was just one step closer to achieving a life long goal. It had been a dream to own another house again after all, and the fact that dream could very well become a reality felt strange, it'd been one of the motivations to keep him going this long after all. Yet to think about what would happen and what it would be like when his family finally had that special home, he truly found it difficult to imagine what would follow once that dream had been accomplished. Ricky remained further silent as he watched to see what would happen with Yuri, the fact he held no request sort of baffled Ricky yet at the same time aroused some respect.

Really the father couldn't help but approve of it as he thought of Yuri as an honorable sort, one he could probably rely on in the coming future when things were to change once more. As he watched the appearance of another Acolyte take place as Lady Selene removed his cloak, in efforts to present it as a gift to Yuri rather than a reward for his aid today. That. That was something most honorable to witness, something Ricky was proud to see as he waited to watch whether or not Yuri would accept this gift. When that moment had come to pass and Ricky found a moment, he would ask the High Priestess what further need she might require of him, as he hoped to help her with the efforts of his home however he could. "Me Lady, Oi t'ank ya again fer yer kindness." He remained warm and lighthearted with his tone, one last respectful bow given before he went off to head for the Infirmary at the University.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on February 3rd, 2015, 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

On Guard!

Postby Yuri Lehrer on December 7th, 2014, 11:05 pm

Yuri watched as the High Priestess nodded before she spoke, regarding each of the people before her, starting with Saraphina “We are glad that this city has found even the smallest of places in your heart. There is goodness here. There is joy to be found here. Consider your request granted. Sebastian?” With that, the young mercenary watched as one of the acolytes walked away with the Kelvic, so that she may collect her reward. Turning his attention back to the High Priestess as she spoke to Ricky, letting him know that, although it would take time, his request would be granted, Yuri nodded at this, he figured that the other man deserved a reward, especially since he had returned to a city with no house to live in, as he listened to Ricky speak of how he would be happy to wait and that he was grateful, he couldn’t help but be reminded that he had turned down a reward, it didn’t bother him at all, but still his efforts had been recognised, and that made Yuri happy.

Now the High Priestess turned to Yuri, she quirked her head, but it didn’t seem like she had been offended by his refusal of a reward, instead she spoke, bowing her head as she did so “Such selflessness. You humble me, Sir.” Yuri noted that she had a smile on her face, akin to one his mother gave him when he was younger, while she spoke. For a brief moment it felt as though he was being silently judged, after the moment passed the High Priestess spoke once more “If you will not choose a reward then perhaps you will accept a gift?” When she asked this question she gestured behind the mercenary, looking around, he saw that there were more Acolytes, one of them stood out among the rest, dressed like a warrior rather than a holy man, leather armour sitting over his broad form, he also walked as though he had seen his fair share of combat, which Yuri was sure he had. The man was also wearing a deep violet cape, its colour one of Yuri’s favourites, he was also making his way over to the High Priestess.

When he reached the High Priestess, she spoke “Silas, may I?” Without so much as a single word, the Warrior Priest, Silas, unclasped his cape and presented it to Lady Selene, she took it in her hands, before getting out of her seat, the cape now draped over her forearms, she presented the cape to Yuri speaking as she did so “That the warmth of Zeltiva follow you wherever you go, and that you know of my gratitude. Please, accept this and go in peace.” The young mercenary’s reaction was to blush a little, before accepting the offered cape, speaking with a grateful tone “Your Holiness, it is I who is humbled, I accept this gift, and shall leave in peace, should my services ever again be required by the city of Zeltiva, they need only ask.” With the cape in hand, Yuri took a couple of steps back, before putting it on over his cloak, bowing before he turned away and walked back out into the city, as quietly as he could manage, to return to what he did normally, helping those in need.

Death to Death
Yuri Lehrer
The Honourable Mercenary

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

On Guard!

Postby Perplexity on January 31st, 2015, 4:42 pm

You have played well, but the game is at an end.

You have been bested. Beaten. Checkmate!

However, here is a consolation prize: a wealth of Experience and Lores! If you have any questions or concerns regarding this grade, please do not hesitate to send me a PM. I'll be more than happy to assist you!

Saraphina
XP
  • Riding (Horse) | +1 EXP
    Philosophy | +2 EXP
    Unarmed Combat | +4 EXP
    Socialization | +2 EXP
    Leadership | +1 EXP
    Acrobatics | +1 EXP
    Tactics | +1 EXP
    Endurance | +2 EXP
LORES
  • Iyvess: Sea-Dwelling Dhani
    Iyvess: One Family. One Fight.
    Iyvess: The Search for Family.
    Shikar: A Leader of the Iyvess
    Philosophy: The Role of the Genders
    Philosophy: The Strong Survive
    Nickname: Speartongue
    Acrobatics: Rolling Dodge
    Tactics: Predatory Maneuvering
    Selene: High Priestess of Laviku
REWARD
  • Medium Armor: Chainmail
    Gladius
    Scabbard

Ricky
XP
  • Leadership | +1 EXP
    Acrobatics | +2 EXP
    Persuasion | +3 EXP
    Longsword | +2 EXP
    Tactics | +1 EXP
LORES
    Iyvess: One Family. One Fight.
    Philosophy: The Role of the Genders
    Philosophy: The Quandary of a Guardsman
    Yuri: His Ever Shifting Taste In Women
    Selene: High Priestess of Laviku
MISCELLANEOUS
  • Ricky, contact me with the floor plan for your house so that I can make the arrangements and award it properly.

Yuri
XP
  • Socialization | +2 EXP
    Investigation | +2 EXP
    Leadership | +2 EXP
    Longsword | +2 EXP
    Persuasion | +1 EXP
    Tactics | +3 EXP
LORES
    Iyvess: The Search for Family