Awkward, Silly, and Serious Moments with Gale

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on November 23rd, 2014, 3:31 am

No, no, I don't mind at all. :) I'm actually glad you posted because recently I've been starting to think that no one really read my scrapbook. ^_^"

It's actually really funny you mention that because my brother is into computer game development and is working to get into that field. He talks to me about it all the time and I am really interested in it. It's just there aren't any game developing classes at school and such and because I'm in video and photography classes and I've learned a lot more about it, I've grown more attached to it than game development which I haven't been able to fully explore yet as of yet.

But yeah, I totally understand and agree with what you're saying. I've been kinda tossing around the idea of doing a tech job as well where it's more of a sitting down job and thinking and developing (not saying that game design is a desk job or anything) and such but I didn't really think about it during that post.

SPEAKING OF REPLIES! I never replied to Estre. O-o Now I feel terrible, I totally thought I did.

I'm actually super glad someone read that post as well because that's a topic that affects me almost every time I go into chat. Because every time I come into chat I always end up in some debate and sometimes it turns sour, so I'm glad that you understand what I meant with all of that and can relate (not that being able to relate to people thinking you're mad is a good thing).

I understand why chat rooms can make it difficult to understand whether or not someone is mad, but I think it's funny when people blame the text and say that "it's hard to tell emotions through text". I mean, what are words and writing for then if you can't see emotion in it? Like, how can you know what someone feels in a story unless they blatantly say it unless words in text express emotion?

I don't know, I just think it's funny. I think people say that because when they're actually talking to a person on an instant messenger like chat they have to comprehend the text quicker and therefore feel the need to comprehend the emotions behind it as well. And when we try to do that quickly so we can reply then that makes us assume things and often for the worse. Because when you're reading a post or a novel it's pretty easy to tell when someone is mad or happy unless the author made it hard to tell, but then again, you can read that at your own pace and comprehend it at a speed that allows you to fully comprehend the text while you're on a "time crunch" when in a chat because you have to reply and stuff.

But that's a tangent for another time. XD
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on December 10th, 2014, 6:19 am

2014 Hater's Guide to the William Sonoma's Catalog

If you want to laugh so hard that you will cry, have your stomach explode, and piss yourself endlessly, read this. This is the funniest shyke I've read in YEARS

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Phyolea on December 16th, 2014, 8:15 pm

Gale Austin McCenry wrote:

2014 Hater's Guide to the William Sonoma's Catalog

If you want to laugh so hard that you will cry, have your stomach explode, and piss yourself endlessly, read this. This is the funniest shyke I've read in YEARS

Oh! I remembered you posted this link in chat, but I bookmarked it for later reading. I'm glad you also posted it here so that I can find it... my bookmarks are a mess :P

Also, I just read the bulk of this scrapbook. I found some of your photography pictures I remember (you took them not long after you gave me my first avatar). I also found a lot of encouragement. One post made me teary-eyed. You would make a great leader. I hope you continue to post in here every now and then.
Phyolea
Quicksilver

Words: 42951
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2013, 9:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on December 24th, 2014, 5:59 am

Lea, you're so awesome. I hope you're know that. And I wish I could give you a big bear hug, but an internet bear hug will have to do. *bear hugs*

What's a Partridge?

I've recently realized that I despise Christmas music. Not because of the music itself, not because of the messages, or because I'm a Scroug and hate Christmas, it's because they only play one version of every single Christmas song. Just the one, I hardly ever hear anything else and I'm sick and tired of hearing the same 5 people every single year get overplayed on the radio.

Now, Relient K is my favourite band, I can't even begin to describe how much I love Relient K. I love every single song they do, and their Christmas music is the only Christmas music I will accept this year. Because I'm honestly done with Johnny Mathis and Mariah Carey and all the other "classics". I'm honestly done so RELIENT K AWAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on December 26th, 2014, 12:00 am

Stupid Is As Stupid Does

Once upon a time I wasn't the kinda of person to get in trouble. I never really hung out with the troublesome kids and I never really got in any big fights or did anything dumb that would get me in trouble. The only time when I would get in trouble was when I was dragged into a situation in which I couldn't get out of, which were rare occurrences.

Now, as I have come to realize, it seems like I'm the exact opposite. I'm the person that gets in trouble for everything. It doesn't matter if I'm online or if it's real life, I always end up in the wrong crowd and end up just being a complete moron.

I honestly don't try to, I really don't. I never ever want to cause trouble, and I don't even know why it happens, but I just... I don't even know.

This is probably one of the only reasons why Mizahar pisses me off. Because I always always always end up doing something just completely idiotic, and I honestly don't understand why everyone keeps telling me otherwise. I make the stupidest mistakes, some of them being just so STUPID that I don't even know why I'm not banned. It's a friggin miracle that I'm not, and it's a miracle that everyone one here doesn't hate me because of it all. I try to understand everyone's perspectives and be patient so I can do the right thing but I always end up just messing everything up and making a complete fool out of everyone.

I just don't understand. It seems like every single time I try to be friendly and I try to help someone out, or maybe even become friends with someone, we end up doing something so outwardly stupid that they end up getting banned, or end up getting in trouble, or I end up getting in trouble. I try my best to help players and staff so no one has as big of a load to carry but I end up just making the stupidest mistakes and give everyone even more work and shit to deal with.

I'm really starting to believe that I should just stop trying all together. Just stop trying to help everyone and just do things by myself so no one has to get in trouble because of me and no one has to deal with all my shit. I'm sure that would be better for everyone at least. No one has to get in trouble because of me, and if I do something stupid people can just sweep it up quickly instead of it being a big deal with several characters.

Maybe I should just quit Mizahar all together. Just write a novel or something instead of roleplay.

I mean, I don't want to do this anymore. I don't want to be a burden on everyone and just be that guy that makes stupid mistakes all the time and makes everyone get banned and in trouble. I don't want to be that guys that everyone hates and I don't want to be the guys that just screws everyone up and just screws everyone over. But I honestly don't know what to do about it. Everything I've done to try and stop that only makes things worse, so I don't know if I should try even harder or if I should just give up.

Well whatever. I'll just stop complaining. I'm sure that's the last thing you guys need.

Happy holidays everyone. Hope it's a good one for you all.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Estrellir Konrath on December 26th, 2014, 10:36 am

Well, I've no idea what you've done, but... I do think it makes a big difference that you know you've made mistakes and are ready to admit it. A lot of bad guys who end up leaving the site don't. So that's something, right? Maybe you're just a kind of person who needs to do it wrong five times before they can do it right. You probably learned more through it than the person who got it right the first time.

And if everyone hated you, you would've noticed by now, no? ;)
Estrellir Konrath
She Who Finds What Was Lost

Words: 338742
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on December 27th, 2014, 3:17 am

I feel like you've fallen prey to toxic people pushing off their issues onto you. If we had any issue with you at all we would have said something and intervened. That we haven't should speak volumes to you. I think you are just guilty of being nice to everyone and trying to be friends and supportive to even some of the most negative people on the site. Remember, you just know about YOUR interactions with folks. You can't see their interactions with others and you can't honestly know the truth about their past.

The only problem I've ever had with you was misguided and mostly my fault. I completely lost my shit on you once when you intervened on my grade request with my PC a day after the season change when I'd been busy with HD, changing the site over, posting all the interviews, and doing all the stuff that is horribly time consuming during such things. I can't usually attend to my PC's ledger and pay her employees until SHE gets paid and she's frankly the last person on the site to get paid usually (because I have to prod Gillar to do it usually). I lost my temper because that grade request had been put for MONTHS and she was current until that season change day and you demanded she get current before you'd grade it when it wasn't that outdated.

That's why I made the change to the grading guide giving a bit of leeway for people waiting on payments to pay others and calculate their seasonal expenses. And I'm sincerely sorry I yelled at you, but I was so utterly frustrated that at that point I was grading everyone's threads happily and no one was grading mine.. and when someone finally took the time to grade, they gave me flack about not being current by ONE day. I should have smiled, nodded, and thanked you for the intervention even though I knew I wouldn't get paid for weeks and I'd have to wait yet even more time to get graded. It's one of the reasons I have trouble grading to this day now... and I rarely turn in threads for grades. I know it leads to deep seeded feelings of resentment in my own soul.

I'm trying to get over it with gnosis threads, running them now instead of turning my back on them because so many people have dropped my own etc. But we're all human. We all have hangups. We just have to try to work around them.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Shane Wallsly on December 27th, 2014, 3:31 am

Gale, we never roleplayed before. We've chatted a bit in the usual kind of way every now and again in Chat. I don't care how well I know you though. I care that I THINK you're not a burden on others. I THINK you're probably just human and made some mistakes but I THINK you're heart was in the right place because you seem like a nice guy. I might be wrong but I don't THINK so.
Group Threads: 1/3

ImageImageImage

Clerk at Mystic Eye Fortune Telling
Shane Wallsly
Success Is The Only Option

Words: 284445
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2013, 9:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2

PreviousNext