Location [Location] Lord of Council's Office

For Job Requests and other administrative things!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Location] Lord of Council's Office

Postby Mateo on November 29th, 2014, 1:50 am

The man looked to the desk boy as he was called, slightly interested, though he had already figured what he was being called for. And after, oh say, a second or so of him speaking, he bit his lower lip and sighed. Here was the choice: make a ruckus trying to start up an independent firm, or go and live the life of a government dog. While making a name for himself on his own accord seemed useful, the predictability and safety that came with working for a predestined employer seemed more logical at the time being. He didn't want to loan out hordes of money only to become unsuccessful or get murdered by debt collectors. So - he grit his teeth and spoke. "Thank you, Tranaris," he smiled. The man made eye contact with the government employee and smiled slightly.

"I will gladly work with the Office of Justice. I apologize for my lack of clarity in my application." He tried not to seem awkward, although he probably seemed like that anyway - or maybe irritated, something of the like. He was mulling over his decisions and regretting his options one-by-one. He certainly didn't want to become a public defense attorney, especially considering how that would detach him from his intended family. Working for the Office of Justice meant many restraints and some risks to his position if he did not conform to the whim of the Magistrates or the Council. The final option, beginning a de Leon law firm, was ideal but would require time and money that he did not have.

So, he had to settle for the second best option and be patient until the moment where he could truly settle into his own business. By that time, he'd hopefully already have enough knowledge on the bureaucracy and politics of Zeltiva to successfully integrate an information network into his firm. It required a lot of thinking and a lot of disappointment came with his thoughts. But this was his design.

"Perhaps on some other day you can assist me with my inquiry to the Office of Treasury. For now however, I believe the choice is made." He set his eyes downward, patiently waiting for confirmation so that he could begin to prepare for his career.
Mateo
All's fair in law and lies.

Words: 24084
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2013, 9:57 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Anais Seawind on December 2nd, 2014, 12:40 am

Enough stalling, came the bracing thought. This would have been best done ages ago, but you were too busy wallowing to do anything practical.

Anais winced at the harsh truth, nodding her head once in affirmation. She'd been in Zeltiva over a year now, and had done little save meander around looking sad. The moping, however justified she'd felt it to be, had done nothing to lift her spirits and had served only to drain her savings. For the sake of her sanity and her finances, today's journey to the Lord of Council's office was a task best handled quickly.

"Welcome to the Lord of Council's office. How may we help you today?"

Anais stepped up, not nervously, but neither was she enthusiastic, and offered the barest hint of a smile to the functionary. Tranaris Johnson. The man looked as though he'd been living comfortably for a very long time; the judgement was mild and instantaneous.

"I'm here to see about a job. Sir," she added the title as an afterthought. Life on the Suvan had left her with no real taste for unnecessary formalities, but she'd learned enough to know that most people in positions of power liked to know you noticed their importance.

This man seemed to be no different, or at least didn't seem surprised at the nominal address. He simply handed her a form, requested she fill it out and went back to his business. Looking down at the scrap of paper in her hand, she quickly perused the questions. Simple enough. She snatched a quill from its handy resting place nearby and began to scratch her qualifications down.

Job Application :
Profession: Mapmaker Cartographer
Wage: 6gm/base (9gm/L2)
Applicable Skills: Competent Cartography
Location of Employment: --

Handing the paper back to the robust man at the desk, Anais waited patiently for him to speak again.
We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came.
Anais Seawind
Player

Words: 129187
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2014, 5:56 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Perplexity on December 2nd, 2014, 10:31 pm

Tranaris frowned slightly at the familiarity with which Mateo addressed him. The old man was far too polite however to correct him. With a nod he jot down a few notes on the registry form. Taking out the official seal of his office he placed it on the bottom of the form before setting it aside. Retrieving another sheet of parchment he wrote down a set of instructions before penning his signature at the bottom and folding the slip of paper in half. He pointed to the corridor on his left.

Go down that hall. You are going to come to a cross section of four corridors. Take the one on your right. Go all the way down the hall and you’re going to come to a set of stairs. Go up to the second floor. Go all the way to the end of the hall and on your left is going to be a door with a plaque that reads, Katherine Le’Graine. Knock then wait to be called in. Do not knock more than once. Do not leave until you have been called inside.” With that Tranaris gave Mateo a nod sending him on his way.

Mateo, Please Read! :
Here is the link to your Storyteller Secrets thread:

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic55172.html

Ms. Sewind, is it?” The rotund old man looked up from the document giving her a bright smile.“A cartographer, I see? My that is an exciting profession! I believe the Sailor’s Guild will pay you quite handsomely for your services.

Giving a firm nod he dipped his quill into a nearby inkwell scratching down his signature before filing the document away. Opening a drawer in his desk he took out a delicate sheet of pristine white paper. Retrieving a well of blue ink, the Seneschal quietly wrote down what looked to be a long-worded and gracious introduction before getting to the point of Anais’s employment. He followed the paragraph with a very slow and elegant signature that was accompanied by the wax seal depicting the crest of Zeltiva. When the wax dried he folded the paper in half tucking it into a blue envelope.

Take that to the Sailor’s Guild Hall. An attendant will see to it that your employment is handled by Administrator Crensdale. Do have a pleasant day, yes?” Giving Anais a smile and a nod the man returned to his work.

Anais, Please Read! :
Your Storyteller Secrets have been updated to reflect your employment. Have fun!

Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Naomi Ward on December 3rd, 2014, 12:57 am

1st Day of Winter, 514 AV

Naomi's body was beginning to basically regulate itself. Come winter, in her horse form, there could be a pile of snow on her back and it would be decent. Because of her extra layer of fluffy black hair the Kelvic is able to withstand the chill of Winter. Not to mention her coat has waterproof oils that act against strong incoming rain and snow. Only wearing her leather studded armour, a cheap cloak, and a pair of boots. Ones Naomi knew she would be replacing soon if the snow and ice kept up like it was they would be replaced within days.

In fact, her whole wardrobe could need a touch up. That is why she needed a job. Migrating over to what she had been directed to as The Lord of Council's Office. She was not good at finding her way around this city. Especially with the ice and snow already falling upon them. Her headpiece was growing colder, but she could stand it.

Finally, making it inside of the building she than removed her hood. The long fabric draping behind her, exquisitely furnished establishment opened up her eyes. Turning her head slightly at all that was before her, Naomi continued on her short journey to the front desk. Moving closer, her eyes moved from the nameplate that read the name Tranaris Johnson, she assumed it belonged to the.. elderly man. He seemed to be a man who had seen happier days.

“Welcome to the Lord of Council's office. How may we help you today?” She replied: “Hello, I would like to apply for a job.” He than handed her the paperwork, filled it in, and handed it back. Felling somewhat satisfied.

Profession: Bounty Hunter
Wage: Possibly 5 or 6 GM? I'm not very sure.
Applicable Skills: Tracking - Competent, 26 XP
Unarmed Combat - Novice, 10 XP
Crossbow - Novice, 14 XP
Running - Novice, 10 XP
Location of Employment: I'm not entirely sure. Possibly freelance?
Naomi Ward
Forever within solitude.

Words: 8590
Joined roleplay: October 31st, 2014, 2:13 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Bruinen on December 3rd, 2014, 11:59 pm

Bruinen coughed into his arm as he stepped into the office, he observed the secretaries and scanned the office for anything of interest. once he was content with his surroundings he approached the counter where he saw an older man who said "Welcome to the Lord of Council's office. How may we help you today?". Bruinen responded with "I'm here for a job sir." when the older man heard this he pushed a form towards Bruinen who then looked over the questions and filled them out with his unskillful handwriting.

When the shaggy man was finished filling out the form he returned to the counter and slid the form back towards the older man.

Bruinen didn't care much about what job he obtained just as long as it kept a roof over his head and food on his table.

Profession: Anything.
Wage: Doesn't matter at the moment.
Applicable Skills: Anthropology - 30 Competent, Rhetoric - 15 Novice, Weapon Skill: Axe - 10 Novice, History - 5 Novice.
Location of Employment: Anywhere in Zeltiva or the immediate area.
Bruinen
Player

Words: 3910
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2014, 1:46 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Perplexity on December 5th, 2014, 1:59 am

My dear, you are welcome to begin your work as a Freelancer in the city of Zeltiva as a mercenary. However, you’ll find you won’t be able to put up much in the way of competition with the Martial Society. Might I recommend signing on as a contracted mercenary with the Society?” He set down the application. The choice was of course entirely up to Naomi. He offered her a patient smile as he awaited her decision on the matter.

Note for Naomi :
Bounty Hunter would be Mercenary. In Zeltiva, the Mercenary profession is dominated by the Martial Society. You’re welcome to become a Freelance mercenary but you won’t be able to progress in terms of income beyond the Basic Mission listing on the Price List. If you choose to join the Society then you must follow the requirements under “Membership” section of the Faction write-up.

------------------

Tranaris regarded the young man in front of him. He looked from the application to the man then back again before setting it down. He folded his hands on top of the parchment giving the young man a curious glance over from head to toe.

Sir, are you absolutely certain that there isn’t a single profession that you want to pursue without just being assigned one?” The young man looked hale and strong. Tranaris could think of a number of professions where he could be put to use but simply assigning a job at random made for the potential of a future disgruntled worker. In his years as Seneschal to the Lord of Council’s Office he had found that unhappy workers made for a bad climate within the city.

Perplexity

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Bruinen on December 5th, 2014, 2:26 am

"I'm absolutely sure, any job that you can assign of me besides a clerk or gardener would be great." responded Bruinen. The older man was kind to offer a suggestion but Bruinen had not a doubt in his mind about his choice, if he didn't enjoy his placement he would surely learn from his experience. Bruinen thought back to his childhood but the only occupation that he could remember in detail was his father's. Bruinen's father was a smith who had tried to teach his son to use a forge properly since he was a small child, however much interest Bruinen showed in his father's work he could never quite grasp the ability to forge quality weapons, steelwork or armor. His mother sailed, but Bruinen knew nothing about sailing and didn't care to.
Bruinen
Player

Words: 3910
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2014, 1:46 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Naomi Ward on December 5th, 2014, 3:40 am

This was the first time of her hearing about this Martial Society, maybe it was like the knights. She thought over and read what should could, there was a set of rules. Ones she could not disagree with and did not mind following. Naomi read into the membership a little more. There were also dues, they seemed very expensive at the thought of them but they could be paid with elbow grease. Gently touching the bottom of her chin, it was amazing she could even read at this point.

“Yes, I believe I will be more den willing to join wit dis Martial Society.” Genuinely she smiled and went along with the application that went along with this profession, once more.

A Note :
I hope this was enough and I did not have to do an actual separate thread. Though if I need to, I can. I have also read the article thoroughly so I am aware of expenses and everything else that comes with it. As well as changing my skills.
Naomi Ward
Forever within solitude.

Words: 8590
Joined roleplay: October 31st, 2014, 2:13 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Harrier Harwood on December 5th, 2014, 4:44 am

1st December, 514 AV

Unbelievable. Unbelievable that he had thought he could skirt by for so long on his own, never thinking of the consequences. Shyke, he messed up. The man's soft hand gripped the softer felt of his top hat, the black fabric buckling slightly with the pressure of pale fingers. Dwell, dwell, dwell. There's no point in such uselessness, now is there? A job must be had, and you've only one true skill. Perhaps this will be the ticket.

It was to be, on this dreary day, that Harrier Harwood the sophomoric hatmaker would find himself before a desk with a form and a quill. The chill of the wind still clung to him like a barnacle to every ship in the harbour, but the shiver in his arm was more of fear than cold. A new beginning, right mate? A new day and a new, more prosperous life. Keep saying it. New beginning.

His handwriting, still, remained unchanged. The flow of the script, while effortless and well practiced, displayed more loops and flourishes than necessary - almost overshadowing the text itself and making more complicated or longer words quite difficult to decipher. The signing of his name became a testament to his will. Time for a new beginning.

With a few steps, he was back before the cherry desk of the portly Seneschal. A murmured thanks was all the blond gave to Tranaris as he slid the form across the grain of the table.

New beginning.

Application :
Profession: Milliner
Wage:
Applicable Skills: Competent Millinery, Some Sewing Experience, Minimal Leatherworking and Drawing Experience
Location of Employment: Unaware of any existing opportunities
Harrier Harwood
Player

Words: 5548
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2013, 2:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Perplexity on December 7th, 2014, 7:19 pm

Tranaris gave Naomi a smile. He penned a missive onto a piece of parchment then folded it in half. As he handed it to the young woman he turned his head and sneezed blinking a few times.

Oh my, do excuse me.” Clearing his throat he grabbed a handkerchief blowing his nose.

Odd, I usually only sneeze around horses.” With a smile he gave Naomi a nod.

You’re all set, ma’am. Consider yourself a contracted mercenary under the employment of the Martial Society. Your contracts will be funneled through their Office. You will also receive payment in full from them not your clients.

Naomi, Please Read! :
Howdy Naomi! You are now employed by the Martial Society. Please place the following link in your Storyteller Secrets panel under your User Control Panel.
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic55302.html

------------

Well…if you’re sure then?” Tranaris gave the young man a once over before nodding affirmatively.

My good man, I believe you would do well as a lumberjack in the employ of the Sailor’s Guild. The city does have a great need for skilled woodcutters and you have some skill with an axe it seems.” He gave Bruinen a nod.

Does this sound agreeable to you?

------------------

A hat maker? Well I dare say that the good citizens of Zeltiva could do with some fine hats. I’ve been meaning to visit the shops myself. Something to keep the cold at bay.” He chuckled giving a nod enamored with his own cleverness for a brief moment.

Yes, yes. This is an easy one. I do believe that Madame Yvette or the tailors at The Saville would be most happy to employ you. Unless of course you wanted to open up your own hat shop?” The portly man gave Harrier a quirk of his head and an arch of his eyebrow.

Perplexity

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

PreviousNext