[Marion] Welcome to the trip, man.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Marion Kay on December 4th, 2014, 12:38 am

(if you know the reference, I'll love you)

I wasn't planning on starting a new scrapbook, but the old one (x) seemed a mess to me. So here I am once more!

So a little about me. I've roleplayed on and off since I was a wee tween. I'm currently a Psychology and Criminal Justice double-major at a large but henceforth unnamed southeastern American university. I do graphic design. TV is my life.

I'll be posting whatever I want here, and I want you to do the same. I mean it.

Active PCs

Name: Marion Kay
Race: Human
Summary: A thrill-seeking Krivas bearer and morpher, looking to disrupt peace and order wherever she can. Chaotic Neutral.
Last edited by Marion Kay on September 19th, 2015, 2:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy.
Marion Kay
Flung out of space.

Words: 177003
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2014, 8:03 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

[Siobhan&Marion] Welcome to the trip, man.

Postby Marion Kay on December 8th, 2014, 8:44 pm

Marion's Psyche

I got to thinking recently that Marion's motivations are a bit too fickle for my tastes, and I'm glad I caught this early before I had too much of a chance to thread as her. As it was, she simply struck fear into the hearts of others because it was something she enjoyed doing, and I can see that being a base motivation when she was just testing the waters of her abilities, but she's a smart girl and I don't see "pleasure" being a big sole motivation for the kind of villain I want her to grow to be.

I see her as believing she's part of this universal truth, and that it's her duty to bring people into the "light" whether they want to be or not. She wants people to see the ugly truth about themselves, to face the nightmares they internalize. She also highly values complete freedom and sees anything that disrupts the "truth" as unnatural. In a way, I see her as being just as much an agent of chaos as she is an agent of fear, because they are so closely tied to one another -- fear leads to discord, and by sewing fear she seeks to unleash havoc so that people will be forced to confront their true selves.

I wrote this brief monologue from Marion's perspective, explaining why she does what she does:

"Why?

"It's natural, that's why. You take a deck of cards -- neat, orderly, clean, stacked -- and throw it to the wind. Now, the wind only does what is natural, and suddenly the cards are here, they're there, they're everywhere. And you know what? Those cards will never again form a stack together. Not without human intervention. And why? Because the state they were in before, forced into a singular, bound, limited shape by man's morals and ethics and order, that was unnatural. Deep down, at the core of their being, the cards yearned to be free.

"Freedom is the natural state of things. Chaos is the natural state of things. Man can try to ignore those facts, try to control everything around him, try to claim everything as his own, try to enslave nature to his will, but his will is not strong enough. It will never be strong enough. Order is meaningless. Ethics are meaningless. They do not last, because they are not natural. They are not meant to exist. And efforts to impose them upon the world are doomed to failure. All I do is help people realize that fact before it's too late. Everything they think they know about the world is false. Safety is an illusion. Courage is a lie. Order is an abomination.

"I am the terrifying truth. I'm helping them."
Marion Kay
Flung out of space.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Siobhan on December 30th, 2014, 8:23 pm

Aphrodite

"The world is resting on the tip of her tongue.

You call her weak but you forget;
she was born of blood and violence,
birthed from the screaming of the ocean
as it wore away the land.

Remember Helen, remember Dido,
remember Medea.

Tell me love is not synonymous with
blood, with destruction.

Tell me that love and war are not the
same words scrambled together.

Tell me she is not the most dangerous;
that she has the ocean in her heart and
pain in her hands.

Tell me she could not drown the whole
world if she wanted to.

Call her weak - I dare you."

(If someone could point me towards
the original writer of this, that'd be wonderful.)
Siobhan
Beware the frozen heart.

Words: 43437
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2013, 6:12 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Marion Kay on January 5th, 2015, 3:13 pm

For myself.

For my own reference. :
"I play the game and I play it to win. I’m better, more evolved. No one sees me coming until it’s too late."

The answer, as they so often are, is never that simple.

She would shoot, she should shoot.

Her breath comes as a thick cloud of worry.

"Perhaps this time I’m on the side of angels."

She says nothing for a long time, a shiver caught up in her spine.

It’s another leg up in this never-ending game between them, where the roles of cat and mouse are forever blurred into something obscure and ever-changing.

She was as the gods of her childhood fascination were once: cold, aloof, and alone in the universe.

Two roads in a wintry wood, a third leading back the way they’ve come.

Only this is the city and no one has any time for poetry.

Snow has started to fall.

He’s gone.

This place is haunting, stirring up memories of a time she’d buried long ago.

She’ll remind them again why they’re afraid to even speak her name above a whisper.

There’s a small smile curling at her lips, breath a hazy cloud before her.

She hates it, hates how it makes her weak, makes her remember things that are meant to stay buried.

She’d been a god, torn down and turned around by the same fallacy that they fall prey to eventually.

Love, lust, it is all the same in the end.

Perhaps this is her Christmas present.

Perhaps this was her doom, to always remember how she could have given up her enterprise for that feeling, and how she’d never even considered it.

The nightmares turn to dreams, and it is in the dream world that she is at her most vulnerable.

And the beauty of a winter night all covered in snow is all that keeps her from feeling as though she’s gone truly mad.

Everyone has to have a secret lair somewhere.

A plot like Macedonia was probably beyond her now, with her secrets twisting like sparks – ash in the wind.

“You’re a monster.”

“I’m playing a role, darling, same as everyone else.”

Equality in any relationship is a fallacy but the honesty is what keeps them all sane in the end.

She climbs the stairs silently, breath steady and even.

His blood would spray so pettily against these pristine white walls.

The problem with snakes is that they have a strong sense of self-preservation. They know when they’re beat, when they are too injured to get away from what is sure to be certain doom.

“Do you think she cares for the stars?”

poison was women’s work and yearning was poison for me;

(e.j.k. & anamatics - words compiled from 'a viper in the city')
Marion Kay
Flung out of space.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Marion Kay on January 6th, 2015, 8:18 pm

I'm in a mood.

I was going to post some creepy music, but then I found this.

But this will still go here. :

Marion Kay
Flung out of space.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Marion Kay on February 18th, 2015, 12:46 am

Portrait of an ENTP Villain: The Joker

Disclaimer: Marion was never designed to be based on the Joker, but she was designed to be an ENTP, and this is incredibly accurate to how I have pictured her, despite a few differences.

"Everyone has a dark side. And some have a maniacal, psychopathic, schizophrenically mass-murdering entirely insane side. Of course, I’m referring to none other than Heath Leger’s portrayal of the Joker in The Dark Knight. Yes, he’s crazy. And yes, he’s an ENTP.

"It’s important to note that anyone suffering from the plethora of psychological issues the Joker suffers from can and will do feats of insanity that range from weird to sadistic, yet none with the flare and genius that are so unique to the ENTP.

"The Joker has one goal: to be entertained. The strange thing about the ENTP, crazy or not, is that they are often restless, feeling bored with the simple humdrum of everyday life where others might be satisfied. But the Joker is a Perciever, so naturally structure, order, and the like are a far cry from what he desires. Minions? Nothing more than pawns to accomplish his goals. He wants chaos, anarchy—to prove that the rest of the world is just as monstrous as he is at their core. So what is a demented ENTP to do but start blowing things up, foil the plans of the mob, and outwit and slaughter the authorities at every turn? Very quickly, however, he realizes there is little joy in the ease of conquering such simpletons. He wants more. Someone to challenge him, to give him purpose. ENTPs don’t just want to win. There is no pleasure where there is no rivalry. They want the prizefighter—someone who will match their intellect, to throw fists with an equal, and above all for that person to be their tireless toy.

"Finally, when all hope for a mind-mate suitable for his needs seems lost, the Joker finds his purpose.

"Of course, it takes another NT to match his brilliance, but other than that, Batman is his opposite in every other way; the order to his chaos, the introspection to his indiscretion, the justice to his mayhem. The ultimate challenge. In the Joker’s mind, it’s easy to manipulate the average person into committing atrocities. But Batman? No. Batman cannot simply be tricked, he has to be broken.

"And so the Joker formulates a plan. He will destroy everything Batman believes in, the ideals to which he holds. His love, his hope—all of it must be burned."

via
Marion Kay
Flung out of space.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Marion Kay on February 20th, 2015, 1:15 am

Ew.

This is just a heads up that it's going to take me longer than normal to get posts out for a few days. College dorms are hotbeds of disease, and I managed to catch two different viruses in the same day. I'll still be working on posts as I can, but probably won't be able to finish many until my eyes stop watering long enough for me to actually see what it is I'm typing.

In the meantime, enjoy some lovely music. I draw a lot of my writing inspiration for Marion from Purity Ring.

Marion Kay
Flung out of space.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Hirem on February 20th, 2015, 1:23 am

Take the time you need to feel better. Striking fear into the hearts of others is more effective when you're not drooling from your eyeballs. :)

My PCs:
Hirem
Hirem
The golden age is over.

Words: 615712
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2009, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Postby Aventis on February 20th, 2015, 2:33 am

Ah. You poor minion of evil you. Feel better, buddy c:

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Caelum on March 3rd, 2015, 3:48 am

Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Next