Closed [Various] Honey and Feathers

(Aider and Uncle) Bringing another into the fold.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Various] Honey and Feathers

Postby Pulren Marsh on December 15th, 2014, 7:05 am

Bitzer was an odd bird, there was no doubt of that. Sometimes when Pulren would watch her, it was if he was seeing a different person all of the time. That was the level of acting and bullshyking that he aspired to. He wondered if he actually knew who she was at all. Of course, who was he to complain when everyone knew him a Palaren Marshall or Uncle? It was all a cruel and sick joke, a merry go round of shyke. Now here she was, luxuriating in her sick game of embarrassment. It seemed pointless. The guy liked pain, didn't flinch from the pantsing, so cutting his clothes was probably little more than a turn on for the psycho.

Honey. A small sigh escaped Pulren's lips. Sure, it was a fun time and this is what she wanted. Somehow, some way, he would satisfy her demands. Even if he didn't know what they were sometimes, he couldn't help but follow the diminutive Wolf. Her charisma was fierce. Something sweeter than the sticky substance was sighted by the Zeltivan, however, in the midst of the ritual. A look that he had seen before, a look of rage and of murderous intent. He had seen the same look in his own reflection before and in the faces of those who wished to kill him. Sweetest of all substances. He gladly took the box and nodded in Bitzer's direction while never taking his eyes from the mark.

He began strategically and purposefully sticking feathers to the man's face and neck, pressing a little too firmly with his fingers as he spoke to him in a low raspy whisper. "You want to kill me. I can see it. If I were you, I would want the same. The difference is that I would not...ever...have let myself be cornered and bound, much less beaten and humiliated. If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at yourself. If you want to kill someone, kill the weakling who is standing in your shoes. If you want a try at me, though, say the word and I'll untie you myself, vagik." The box then was turned upside down and a slow snow of feathers and dust fell on the man's head. One second after, the box left Pulren's hand and bounced off of his skull as well. Not to hurt the head, but to bruise the ego.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Fallon on December 19th, 2014, 11:19 am

Clicking she watched the target stagger, hissing as the mind tried to almost catch up with her moves. It was a game of wits, the power plays across the game board - piece by piece movement to take the king piece and rule. There was a lick of the finger tip, noting the droplets having accumulated at her fingers despite her attempts to not have it smear. The smallest of groans of annoyance, she frowned in annoyance as he spoke up. Fallon sighed, "Honey? We've gotten rather personal suddenly. Least it was not sweetie."

But he was trying regardless, he kept on pushing and looking to bring himself up and to a position to fight - a hard task no doubt in his current predicament. The gaze shifted, looking to Palaren and his expression, meeting it only for a flicker - before averting his gaze elsewhere. No, there was only the same look then, the want to cause pain and suffering. A hiss escaped from between her teeth, and she adopted the silent vigil of observation. Testing ones patience, on how far they could resist their primal urges before snapping. Self control and the ability to hold oneself whilst under pressure was the key factor here - and a vital part of the Scars.

Another flicker, she took on the rest of the Quay, and stepped away only briefly to think and consider the next move. No, it was time to turn up the game - and she knew exactly who to bring in to this fold with an incredible sweet tooth. The dressing of feathers came next, just as planned. The idle words of a man focused in his work and looking to rile up their present victim. Her gaze gave a sweep about again, a pause of though as she considered her next move. It was only with a lean in to her partner that she whispered, "Keep him busy, I'm going to go and get... a friend."

There was a burn of a glare to the target and she stepped away directing herself around the back of the Quay house. Previously, she had discovered, her canine companion often lazed within the autumn sun. His head lolling against the floor, the gaze looking whatever was going past. Playing relaxed until someone approached - it was then he would bring himself up into playing guard. Today was no different, though presently he was grooming himself. It was as she rounded the corner that she cleared her throat and looked at him with a raised eyebrow, "Alright, silly thing?"

He snorted at her, a shake out of his coat as he looked at her bemused and then begrudgingly brought himself up to stand. Taking a crouch, she let him pad round and take in her scent, snuffling at her feet and gently nipping at her hands - confused by why they were coated in metal. Eventually there was the swat of the paw and the nudge within her chest. A ruffle of fur, a brief knotting in as she stroked those ears, "Got a job for you boy, you think you can do that? Got someone we need to scare..." There seemed to be an approving nod, a gentle pawing before at last he pulled away. Fallon stood, and brushed the stuck hairs off. With a point down to the ground next to her she began to lead him round and back to the others, "Come on you. To heel. To heel and snarl."
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aider Silander on December 24th, 2014, 1:25 am

The man's eyes followed Pulren as he circled and planted the fingers. Cracking a smile as he spoke. He was getting frustrated obviously. He wanted Aider to strike at him and give him a reason to strike back. His leader obviously enjoyed the torture, if one wanted to call it that, then he did.
"Why don't you just kill me? Is it because of your boss? I've never killed a man." It was a lie. He had killed someone earlier that season in fact. But what did that matter? This man likely knew nothing about that or maybe they did and that was what this was about. Did they know that crazed man who attacked him? It wasn't likely though he had no way to be sure.

All in all the woman was focused on the Wolf and even ignored his accusation and the thug with the trident was just added muscle. That much he had figured out, the man who was asking for a fight was just here to do her bidding and back her up. The falling of the feathers tickled his nose and the strike to his head made him take a couple of unbalanced steps to the side. He shook his head and looked back towards Fallon as she shot him a gaze and then walked off.
"What do you think she'll do if you kill me right now? Then I wouldn't be able to tell you what I know... Well not you. But her. You wouldn't know what to do with the information if I just handed it over" He licked his lips and smiled again.

Pissing the man off seemed easy. He was half tempted to charge the man or just to keep talking at him. He seemed to be growing more irritated as time went by and maybe he would strike him down and gain the repercussions from his superior. After all everyone joined Dira eventually, there was no point of running from it. When Fallon came back around the bend Aider's eyes glanced down at the dog. Now this could get messier. Dogs had never been one of Aiders favorite things. He slowly stepped back, his eyes remaining on the dog. A grimace on his face before he spoke.
"There is no reason for that. You asked what I knew and I told you. I know nothing of what she is planning nor her group." Her group was something he in fact did not know about.

It wasn't a lie that he had been sprouting to try and convince her. He had heard very little about them in fact. The only one he had heard about was a bandit with one eye, someone skilled in fighting.
"I have only heard rumors and have not had the time to check them for myself. The only thing I know about her group is that one of them only has one eye and is a skilled fighter. The Wolf is the same. But she has both eyes and is shorter. That's all." It was true, he knew very little about them. Not from a lack of trying, but more so from a lack of success. He continued to back away from the dog to the best of his abilities. Not only having to deal with a muscle bound thug but a dog to. Kaie's words had come ringing back in his ears to which he only cursed under his breath.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander
She has my heart on the end of her blade.

Words: 170163
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 4:03 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Pulren Marsh on January 2nd, 2015, 4:02 am

Now the taunts were just flying over his head. He had to bring himself back into the game or he would be getting a stern talking to from Bitzer when he skewered this vagik directly in his face. That would be a bad showing, scary Uncle or not. No, he would just take a deep breath and shake his head, leaning against the wall to watch this pantsless clown continue to jibber jabber for his life. It was slightly better entertainment than watching the copper whores dance in the market. Slightly.

When Bitzer left, he looked over at the guy, spitting on the ground as he did so. He wanted the guy to know that the glob of spittle on the ground was better than him. Fortunately, however, Bitzer soon returned, livening up the party as always. She had a pooch with her and it made Pulren's eyes light up. Sure, he liked animals, dogs in particular. But this was something else entirely. He could finally see what he had sought from the mark the entire time.

Fear.

Nothing like fear to quicken the pulse, dilate the pupils. A broad grin only grew as he began spouting everything he knew and didn't know. Who knew? Pulren could only chuckle and shrug at the boss. "Who knew a dog would do it? Maybe we should end this now, friend." It most likely meant he would be let off the hook, though Pulren had visions of him dangling from one instead.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Fallon on January 8th, 2015, 10:01 am

Orvin bushed up. Ears straightened out, the jowls pulling back to bear his fangs, nose wrinkling as he stared down the man. It was her hand that rested upon the scruff of his neck, far from holding but applying that light reminding pressure. It was she stepped that he stepped too, low head sweeping, the dark almond eyes locking down onto the trembling man. The growling rumbled out from his throat, teeth pulling back as the target grimaced back in kind.

Fallon's own expression turned hardened, remaining there as the man stuttered tried to shuffle away the best he could. She made no words, no sound as he tried to beg, pleading for an escape and a way out with the meagre bits of information. Fear, Fallon could smell it, see it, feel it, read it upon his expression and in the air as she stepped ever closer and looked him down. Her free hand only raised to Palaren, a gesture for silence. She spoke only slowly then, a weight of words falling from her tongue as she looked only upon him, "Yes. End it as planned."

Her hand lifted away from the scruff of the canine, fingers curling up and inwards as he continued his prowling forwards. Slow, circling, the occasional lean in then snap away as Fallon watched, gradually teasing ever closer. Fangs bared, paws scraping upon the earth, the form cowering as she looked at him almost indifferent. Every man had his thumb screw, and his she had found. It came as a whisper, that simple command to her creature, "Orvin, play."

It was with that the illusion was shattered. Orvin lunged, a playful yap escaping the paws batting at the target and the entire fearful grimace seemingly falling. He had reduced back down to the calm levels, tail high, the growling more akin to snorting and snuffling. A testing inhale, that hesitant lick towards the honey before he darted back -seemingly disgusted by the taste -, taking safety behind his master and peering out from behind her. She gave him a pat upon the crown of his head, a low hum escaping as she watched the squirming. Lips gave the small pull back, her gaze slowly melting down to calm as she nodded to Palaren, "Well, Uncle, I think we're done now."

She advanced over, moving around to the bindings and focused on the removal of them. It was only then that she straightened, offering a hand down to the man, "And I suppose for you proper introductions are in order," She wiggled the fingers tauntingly at him and smiled, her head inclining back to Palaren, "He is Palaren Marshal, but we call him Uncle. And me?" Her face stilled then, "They call me Bitzer, the Red Wolf of Sunberth and leading lady of the Scars. Sorry if I wasn't as tall or strapping as you imagined. Regardless," she continued quickly, "I am here to welcome you, if you dare to walk with us that is."
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Aider Silander on January 18th, 2015, 10:12 pm

He continued to push back, crawling away from the canine that growled and circled him. His eyes locked on the creature as it moved, ignoring the other two that stood there. Wolves and their kin were one of his biggest fear and one that he had no control over. His body moved on its own, pushing and clawing to the best of his ability with his arms still bound behind him. His attention was drawn back to the female as she spoke. It ended as planned? What ended? his entire thought process of what happened was thrown off when the animal was introduced by her. A whisper and then a lunge of a wolf. He grimaced and waited for the sinking of sharp fangs and the ripping of his flesh from his bone. But it did not come instead he opened his eyes to see the playful animal.

His eyes still full of distrust as he watched the wolf. Ducking and pulling away from the batting paws of the animal and pulling away from the tongue that came at him. Licking He looked up at the woman. They were done? What were they done with?
"If you don't mind. I would appreciate it if you took back your animal" he asked. He was confused, lost in what ever this truly was. Introductions after a beating and questioning all that started with a delivering of a package which was in turn on him and poured on his body. The golden sticky substance that coated his body, and the fluff of feathers that were arranged in clumps on his body. It was rather irritating that his neatly held appearance had been destroyed with everything that happened today. His clothes torn and ripped, the bruising between his legs and his new freshly torn ego.

"I am Aider Silander, though I don't think that matters and it seems I was right. You are the Wolf, how interesting." He payed no mind to the trident wielder other then to remember the name that she had mentioned. All the information that had just been thrown on him was a lot to take in. It seemed he had a choice to make. A choice that could possibly turn his life upside down. He could join the group he knew very little about or walk away and possibly be a target for a more gruesome means by the Wolf and he friends. He had no reason to turn her down, no family that would need him and no path that he was following. It could be a chance for him to find that path and maybe make something out of himself. The whole reason he was in the city and was staying here was to do that very thing. "Hmm no. I never really had an image in my head for you. I expected that you would be like you were. Cunning and different, you stayed on point like I expected but your approach was different. I don't know why I could down such an interesting offer lady Wolf. I have no reason to turn you down. But I am interested in knowing what you do plan on doing and why you have an interest in me."

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander
She has my heart on the end of her blade.

Words: 170163
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 4:03 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Pulren Marsh on January 25th, 2015, 7:19 am

Pulren was at a loss. It didn't happen all that often lately. If it did, it was usually out of shock or sadness. This time, it was just some kind of dumbfounded loss. All he could really do was chuckle and shake his head. He sat down against the Quay, crossing his legs and placing his trident in his lap. A stranger puzzle could not be crafted, he thought to himself as he tried to take the man in. In a way, he found his dismissal of Orvin insulting, the loyal animal more afraid of the mark than the mark of he. Patting his legs, he smiled and said, "C'mere, boy!" The welcome distraction brought a yip from the wolf and it was licking Pulren's face in no time, turning his head to have ears scritched.

"Such a good buddy, yes you are. Yes. You. Are!" He smiled and put his hand in the large creature's mouth, playing with it and accepting its mock bites of friendship. "Did the feathered man frighten you? He's just a little creampuff. Yes he is, Orvin. You are a good boy!" He really didn't care about the man calling himself Aider Silander. If anything, he pitied him. He wanted to correct his attitude, but it wasn't really his place to do so. It would be the Wolf's place to accept him into her fold if she wished. he was no longer a threat or a concern, so Pulren ceased to consider him.

In fact, the whole game had become so tiresome that he stood and looked over to his leader. "I think I'm done with this guy. I'll take my leave now. If you need me, you know where to find me." He smiled and nodded to her, reaching down once more to pet the scruff under Orvin's chin. "See you later, best boy." Rising again, he crossed glances with Aider one more time before heading into the back of the house toward his room. It wasn't a glance of bravado or challenge. It also wasn't a glance of welcome. It was just a look that said, "Palaren. Remember it." Stil lshaking his head and chuckling, he headed inside to stretch out and take a nap.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Fallon on January 26th, 2015, 2:32 pm

Fallon hummed and gave only a nod to Palaren as he pulled himself away from the group. The smallest of waves of acknowledgement, before he disappeared back to the main building for whatever reason. Regardless he was not here any longer, and thus it left her and Aider to converse. Orvin had brought himself to lazing once more in the sunlight, slumping down and lazily flicking his tail after the received fuss, the almond eyes peering at the feather and honey covered stranger. Remembering the restraints she gave a tug upon them and spoke.

"I plan many things, whether or not they come to fruit is down to the persons who involve themselves with I. We are one, singular. Yet we are many, attempting to work in unison," She peered at him from beneath her brow, "We Scars, we are reminders. We are, I suppose, a family within this turmoil city. Least, that's how I view it." She shrugged, nonchalant, "And, we want to bring change. Try and turn the rough into something better. Give the people the chance to unify under one banner and improve. It's no overnight job, and toes will get stepped on - but we can accept that. And you, well," Her lip curled, "You seem to be a good judge of character." Straightening she gave a stretch out, letting him clamber up to his feet, "A good organisation is not just built of muscle. It requires a mind, and life blood to keep it going. Sure, you need to work on being an escapist - surprised we managed to corner you so quickly in honesty - but..."

She drifted off, taking the steps away and over to Orvin. Crouching down onto her haunches she gave his fur a ruffle, fingers curling to scratch beneath his jaw. He just dopily looked at her and enjoyed the attention for now, "Well, you are a mind. You float, hear rumours - it's how you managed to connect the dots, am I right?" she offered that glimmer, "And, we need people like that. Uncle is good, but he's a physical weapon from what I can gather. You. Well, you like to try and use your mouth. Don't seem like you quite have the gift of gab just yet. We'll work on that, maybe let you loose with Web for a while - make a good informant of you yet," Her hand then lifted and the pointed towards the house, "But, before we go any further on that or you flood me with questions, go take a bath in the main house and clean up. You need it." She gave a grin, "Mister Feather."
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Shakune on June 11th, 2015, 9:30 am

Fallon
Skills
Planning +3
Deduction +4
Tactics +2
Leadership +5
Acting +2
Intimidation +3
Interrogation +2
Animal Husbandry +1

Lores
Deduction: Sunberthians don't ask questions
Tactics: Avoiding confrontation
Acting: The 'Bitzer' accent
Sunberth: Sylira's armpit
Intimidation: A cold stare, a cold voice.
The annoyance of a disappointing recruit
Aider: Certainly a talker
Honey: The ultimate secret weapon
Feathers: The ultimate accessory
The smell of fear
Orvin: A weapon of playtime.
Aider: Mister Feather

Aider
Skills
Interrogation +1
Observation +4
Tactics +3
Rhetoric +5
Unarmed Combat +1
Deduction +2
Intimidation +1

Lores
Paying for a blockade
The sense of being followed
Tactics: Everyone wants gold
Deduction: Putting a name to a masked face
Fallon: Bitzer, the Red Wolf, leading lady of the Scars.

Misc
-2GM for payment of a temporary hired thug

Pulren
Skills
Tracking +1
Observation +3
Acting +2
Intimidation +5
Rhetoric +5
Deduction +2

Lores
Palaren: West Streeter Snob
Pulren: An Unknown
Uncle: The hunter
Sunberth: Sylira's armpit
An intimidating stance
Aider: Certainly a talker
Bitzer: An odd bird
The sight of fear

Whew! Sorry that took so long, hope I didn't miss anything! If you have any concerns about your grades, don't hesitate to send me a PM. Also, please remember to delete your grade request.
Shakune
I drive a hard bargain.

Words: 281911
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2014, 10:43 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

Previous