[Ink's Scrapbook] Meditation in Liquid Form

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Ink on November 13th, 2014, 3:29 am

Endrykas OOC

Endrykas Grass

Image"But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain of itself, because it is pain, but because occasionally circumstances occur in which toil and pain can procure him some great pleasure. To take a trivial example, which of us ever undertakes laborious physical exercise, except to obtain some advantage from it? But who has any right to find fault with a man who chooses to enjoy a pleasure that has no annoying consequences, or one who avoids a pain that produces no resultant pleasure?"
Ink
DS in Sahova

Words: 259510
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2011, 6:15 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Ink on January 21st, 2015, 12:45 am

Text

Code: Select all
[style=max-width:600px; margin:auto; padding-left:25px; padding-right:25px; padding:25px;background:black; color:#78624b; font-family:Franklin Gothic Small;][center][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=43600[/img][/center]
Text
[/style][center][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=43601[/img][/center]

Text

[style=max-width:570px; margin:auto; padding-left:25px; padding-right:25px; padding:25px;background:transparent; color:#69b5a8;][center][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=43606[/img][/center]
[shadow2=black,2,2,1]Text[/shadow2][center][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=43608[/img][/center][/style]

Text

[style2=max-width:595px; margin:auto; padding-left:25px; padding-right:25px; padding:25px;background:#0f131f; color:#FFFFFF;][center][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=43610[/img][/center][style=max-width:595px; margin:auto; padding-left:25px; padding-right:25px; padding:25px;background:#0f131f; color:#FFFFFF;]Text[/style][/style2]
Ink
DS in Sahova

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Ink on February 8th, 2015, 4:52 pm

I have committed to making a Vblog with the topic of Sahova.

Does anyone have any specific questions? If so post them here, because without parameters I will ramble for hours.
Ink
DS in Sahova

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Aoren on February 8th, 2015, 4:56 pm

Hi Ink!

I'll just get right into the interro...err...questions.

1.) What are your expectations of players that come to Sahova?

2.) What kind of plots do you enjoy?

3.) If you could get your hands on a lost discipline which one would it be? Why?

4.) What drew you to Sahova? What keeps you coming back?

5.) How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Kthanksbai.
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ink on February 8th, 2015, 5:13 pm

Fallon Asked:

What is Sahova's Shoe Size?

How many wizards could Sahova hold at maximum capacity?
Ink
DS in Sahova

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Aventis on February 8th, 2015, 5:18 pm

A.) Rambling for hours wouldn't be so bad.
B.) I think I can come up with a few. AHEM. (And yes I will be asking questions that any old schmuck could learn from the lore)

- The Wardens. What does it take? What is the worst thing you have seen happen to a Warden IC or lore wise?
- Off of that, have you ever felt that you have been TOO cruel to a player? Ah who am I kidding.
- Might be a bit expected, but I would really like to know what drew you to Sahova, and where you draw your inspiration for the city.

And finally, an optional one.

What is the thing you most regret as an ST?

Hope this helps c: Can't wait!

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Gossamer on February 8th, 2015, 5:30 pm

Okay, questions questions...

Here are a few of mine.

I'd love to know what you consider Sahova's greatest secret OOC or ICly.

For plotseed ideas, do any of Sahova's 'experiments' ever escape and get onto the mainland to wreck havok?

Does Sahova buy its bodies legitimately or does it get them nefarious ways? Be specific. Can you like custom order a body for example... say 'I'd like a male, age 30, good phyiscal shape, blond hair, green eyes, handsome?"

Is the tourism trade alive and well in Sahova? Does it have a duty free shop where you can get exotic magic books or buy a little animation or golem to remember your trip by?

That's all for now!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Nal'reim Qyan on February 8th, 2015, 5:36 pm

1.) We all (most of us at least) know the Lector Qiao is in charge of Sahova. What power does Archwizard Zarik Mashaen? Does he still run the day to day show but Qiao is actually in charge? Is Zarik just a figure head? This area of the lore has confused me due to the Wiki page not being updated.

2.) Any plans for Sahova to attempt to rebuild the empire? Or are the nuits of Sahova (plus the Pulsers) content on just sitting on the island and researching?

3.) Could a PC make it to the council?

4.) Who is your favorite Nuit and Why?

EDIT:
5.) Any news on the Silent? What is their purpose? When will their information be released? Any other details you can let us know!?!

That is all for now! Thanks for the answers.
-Nal
Last edited by Nal'reim Qyan on February 8th, 2015, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Nal'reim Qyan
Player

Words: 34560
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2012, 6:59 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Rayage on February 8th, 2015, 7:34 pm

I want to join in! These are some questions that come off the top of my head. Some are more for 'general knowledge' purposes, things that could use clarity, or curiousities in Sahova.

Do you have any hints or clues as to your plans for future seasons? Like Spring or Fall!

What are your long-term goals for Sahova?

What are some of your short-term goals for Sahova?

In your mind, what is the best way to raise in the ranks of Sahova?

Do you have any spoilers about the Masters Guild in Sahova?

Do you think a player could become a Chief in their respective area of study? How much work would merit obtaining that rank?

Pulsers!

How hard is a pulsers life on Sahova? Do pulsers have rights?

Pulser wizards, are they 'the same' (treated the same, experiments looked upon the same) as Nuit wizards (of the same rank)?

Can you explain more about the pulser life on Sahvoa?

On the other hand, can you explain the expectations of the nuit on Sahvoa?

To you, what does it mean to be a Sahovan Wizard?

Lots of talking points here!
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Keene Ward on February 8th, 2015, 8:37 pm

Well boo, the early birds get to ask the questions it seems! Also Gossamer's last question made me cringe.

I do still have a few though. ;)

What sort of treasures (if any) are hidden away in the caverns?

How many people are kept in the dungeons at any given time? Is it relatively constant? Are they mostly just messed up wizards, or are they similar to the bodies and carted in by the shipful?

What is the general understanding of Sahova off-island? How much do people know about it?

Where did Wanda really come from?

Are you planning to do anything more Drainira, or is she out of your jurisdiction at this point?

In regards to future players, what would you like to see in terms of new PCs starting on the island?

And about that one warden, Keene Ward? How much of a chump is he?

I'm stoked to listen to you ramble about Mizahar's number one nuit city. Nuit city.
Keene Ward
Chilly Wizard

Words: 1279864
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2014, 2:16 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2014 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

PreviousNext