Open [The Seaside Market] Bend & Break

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[The Seaside Market] Bend & Break

Postby L'orlei on January 30th, 2015, 1:19 am

They finally seemed to be getting away from the danger, or at least the worst of it anyway. Sunberth was always dangerous. The sounds of fighting were behind them, Autumn's ploy seemed to have helped, and the others seemed to be slowing down. L'orlei slowed down with them until suddenly Shakune came to a stop, declaring that she had hit her head and promptly vomiting. Shortly afterward the other woman, Ayviss, ran off.

L'orlei was not a doctor, but she was probably the closest thing to one in such a gods forsaken place. She quickly ran through her mental list of remedies she had back in her room, but could not think of anything that would help with a head wound. She had things for nausea, but they wouldn't help in this case. There was one thing that would work, and it was silently screaming from the back of her mind at her to use it.

The captain had warned her about using magic in Sunberth, but this person was hurt, and it was L'orlei's duty to help her if she could. Her mark was a promise, one that she was born to, but still a promise, to heal those in need when she could. The woman would be grateful. The captain was probably just over exaggerating. L'orlei knelt in front of Shakune, placing her hands on the sides of the woman's head.

"Be still. I'll help you."

L'orlei closed her eyes and whispered a quiet prayer to her goddess. The power came quickly, easily, as it always did when someone was in need. If they had still been in the middle of the market with all the fighting going on it would have been harder to concentrate, but they were far enough away that L'orlei could block it out easy enough. Her mark glowed with a soft light as did her hands.

Shakune would be able to feel a difference right away, as the soothing power of Rak'keli's gnosis flowed into her, healing the cut on her head and easing the pain. It would even cure her nausea if she still had any, though if any deeper damage had been done it would not help with that. When it was over L'orlei opened her eyes and let her hands fall, reaching for the water skin on her belt.

"Here, drink this. It's water.. to wash out the taste."
Kontinese - Green | Common - White | Tukant - Cyan
L'orlei
Player

Words: 139554
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2011, 8:03 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Autumn Leithea on January 31st, 2015, 3:42 pm

The battle was generally over now, a few pockets of fighting remaining. The girls seemed to be good enough on their own and none attempted to follow her as she left.
"Goodbye!" Autumn shouted as she made her way towards the outskirts of the city; The Tent City. As she walked she wondered if she had made a difference in the battle, saving those young women from the overarching violence that plagued Sunberth from time to time. Autumn did not like fighting, and she only fought to save herself and others. She wondered if she would ever see her comrades again, or if they would like to come to her humble abode deep within the Sanctela where it was safe so they could drink and smoke skunk weed and carry on long into the night. She guessed that they had their own plans.

So much death, so much poverty, a staple of Sunberth and its culture. Autumn hated seeing so much death, it was terrible that human life be lost due to some person deciding to start a fight, probably over some cheap change or a name being called. It didn't matter now, the fight would extinguish itself now, with or without Autumn's help.

Autumn continued away from the market, and heard on the wind various chatter about the fight. It was only natural that this would happen. Just then a woman walked up to Autumn...
"Did you hear of the battle?"
"I was in it." replied Autumn.
"What happened?"
"I'm not sure but its over now, a lot of people lost their lives."
"I'm sorry."
"Yeah..." Autumn said with a pained feeling in her chest. "I'm going home now, just know that the fight is nearly over, the market will be up and running soon enough."
"Thank you." said the woman.
"Of course."

Autumn finally found her way to the outskirts of the city, and the Tent City was strewn out before her. Autumn felt sick.

'Marjorie, I need you now more than ever.'
Autumn Leithea
Bohemian exuberance! :)

Words: 76525
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2012, 7:00 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Shakune on February 5th, 2015, 6:06 pm

The Konti approached Shakune, who had watched the dark-haired woman and the redhead both leave their haven of an alleyway through bleary eyes. The remaining woman - the one who had said Shakune's name, she was sure - was saying something calmly, softly.

Shakune remained still, not quite sure what to expect but wishing the world would stop spinning around. Then she saw something strange - where the Konti's hands glowing? Her black eyes darted left and right to make sense of this unusual sight before her but then something happened.

Her nerves twitched, spasmed. The sensation was not painful, but strangely warm, as if Shakune were sitting in front of a fire and was slowly melting away. The pain began to subside, giving way to this warmness that evaded through all of Shakune's cells and up and down her body. After several chimes, the warmth began fade and Shakune was left with...

Nothing!

Blissful painlessness! It was beautiful, amazing! The taste of vomit clung thickly to her tongue, but most was thankfully washed down with her water her new miracle healer offer.

"Thank you, thank you!" Shakune proffered almost excitedly, all too keen to celebrate the fact that she was now fully conscious and functional. "Are you alright, were you hurt?"
Shakune
I drive a hard bargain.

Words: 281911
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2014, 10:43 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby L'orlei on March 4th, 2015, 11:42 pm

L'orelei blinked in surprise at Shakune's reaction, having half expected her to attack or something rather than thank her so profusely. It took her a moment to compose herself and snap back into the moment. Had Shakune asked a question? Something about.. oh yes, was she hurt? She considered that for a moment. Was he hurt? No, not physically anyway, and the trauma of seeing people slaughtered right before her very eyes had not yet sunk in.

"I'm alright. A few scrapes and bruises, maybe, but nothing I can't fix.

Minor injuries were of no concern to the healer. Her gnosis worked as well on herself as it did on others. Deeper wounds she could not completely heal, though she could make them better, but minor injuries, sicknesses, headaches, all of those things she was nearly immune to, able to heal them with a thought if she wished. L'orlei's eyes darted around and then refocused on Shakune.

"Are you hurt anywhere else? If not, I think we should probably get moving. The fighting is over I think.. But I'd feel safer if we got indoors somewhere. Oh, and my name is L'orlei."

L'orlei took Shakune's hand and stood, helping her to her feet if she needed it, though if she was now unharmed she wouldn't. The Konti had a vague idea of where the place she was staying was, having spotted a few familiar landmarks now that she was no longer terrified of getting attacked by raving gangsters, but she wasn't sure if this woman, Shakune, would want to go with her, or if she should bring her. L'orlei was a trusting person, but she had been instructed not to trust anyone.. But Shakune seemed like a good enough person. She wasn't freaked out by the magic either.

"Um.. My room is this way. You are welcome to come and stay there while things die down, if you want.

OOCSorry it took so long for me to respond. You can make this your last post if you want, or we can continue on for a while.

Kontinese - Green | Common - White | Tukant - Cyan
L'orlei
Player

Words: 139554
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2011, 8:03 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Dale Hawthorn on March 6th, 2015, 2:16 pm

Dale lingered around the edges of the last few frays, cutting off any Sun Birth filth who would attempt to flank any of his Brothers too caught up in their own battles to take heed of their surroundings. His first opponent, one of many Dale suspected, stepped his field of sight and marked himself as a target. Armoured, shielded and glistening in what little sun managed to wrestle its way through the furrowed clouds that canvassed the winter sky his opponent made no mistake of his allegiances by appearances alone in every conceivable way he looked, dressed and fought.

Their blades clashed quickly, cutlass against broadsword, as Dale got the first close look at him. He young but old enough to be a man, his skin was smooth with no scarring meaning that he was either inexperienced or had a natural talent. Dale hoped it was the latter, some people would find it reprehensible to a young man in his prime who looked handsome enough to have a pretty young lass on his arms and deserved to have a good craft to make them both happy, but Dale was not that man.

"Back off boy, don't die for this" He warned through gritted teeth before they stepped from each other's blades. Perhaps it was because he took little pleasure in slitting a man's throat anymore or because he didn't want to deny a young man a shot at happiness one day but the point was moot as all the lad did was sneer at Dale's attempts at peace and lunged forward with his blade slicing forward through the air with lethal force and speed as Dale parried the blow, his own cutlass twisting to meet the sword's course and knock it off.

It was only the lad's shield that prevent Dale slicing open his guts and showing him what he was really made of, instead his cutlass glanced almost uselessly of the metal clad shield, leaving both of them to the mercy of their momentums as the stumbled off in opposite directions. Some might see Dale's attire as one seeking death but in moments like this his weakness turned to a strength as he quickly regained his footing, unhindered by amour or shield. His opponent would not take much longer, these moments seldom lasted for a two ticks so Dale made little attempt for precision as he heaved his blade.

Across, blocked, downwards, blocked, left hook, success. He continued to press on aggressively, his opponent dazed from the painful contact with Dale's fist while forced to never regain his balance as Dale's almost wild slashes continued to bear down on him. The dragoon tried to a risky retaliation but it was ill-concieved. As his arm stretched out, the blade tip locked on to Dale's torso but he was too slow. Dale cut across, the blade twisting down to smash against his armoured forearm.

With a sickening scream Dale could see the man's face contorted with clearly excruciating pain as the arm presumably broke or shattered under the force. Raising his boot he slammed into his opponent's gut, sending him sprawling backwards into the ground. The boy was out of the fight, still cursing and begging to all the gods of Mizahar as he clutched his arm, Dale didn't desire the death of a man still young enough to turn on his past.

A familiar face ran towards him through the chaos, blood stained and grinning like a twat he patted Dale on the chest with a tired hand "We got 'im Dale, we got the War Marshal's son" He said gleefully as the last of the fights died down and they stood alone in a war torn market place. The battle was still not over yet but slowly people on the edges of the market were cautiously stepping back, weighing up the risks of their lives compared to their wares. "Shit..." Dale said, hacking up a piece of thick, bloody phlegm before sptting out onto the ground "This ain't gonna end well. Wait, why are you wet?"
"Well you 'eard the order right? Me and the boys headed to the sea."
"Moron..."

NoteSorry, I know I said I'd drop out by I realised I was one post away from this counting as a job thread :D
ImageImageImage
Dale Hawthorn
Bloodshed Is Our Native Tongue

Words: 42364
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 2:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Shakune on March 7th, 2015, 7:56 pm

The courier was still slightly unsteady on her feet, and she thanked the Konti once again for helping her to stand up. But nevertheless, the painlessness that Shakune had been left with still felt deliciously miraculous. Her head was clear; she could think freely now, gage what was best to do. "I should be fine now, thank you." She replied earnestly.

"And it's nice to meet you L'orlei', even if it less than ideal circumstances." A wary glance was thrown up and down the alleyway. No gangsters appeared to be in the immediate vicinity, but every so often a distant cry would rise above the city and echo down the streets. "I think the majority if the fighting has stopped."

She considered whether it was safe for two women to go their separate ways. There could still be a crazed gang member or two roaming the streets, hunting for an easy kill. But wasn't that what two women face everyday in Sunberth?

"I should return back to my place, make sure it's still standing."

She thanked the Konti once more before finally taking those first few tentative steps. Once Shakune realised that all other symptoms of her concussion had vanished as well, she twisted to raise a hand to the other woman once more. "See you around, L'orlei."

oocGo ahead and post your PC's departure if you want, I'll get this up for grading :)

Great threading with everyone, thanks for joining!
Shakune
I drive a hard bargain.

Words: 281911
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2014, 10:43 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Amora Jade on April 8th, 2015, 5:55 pm

Congratulations, you've been awarded!

Shakune
Skills
  • Observation +5
  • Rhetoric +2
  • Flirting +1
  • Unarmed Combat +1
  • Socialization +1
Lores
  • Finding a "Friend" in the Chaos of Battle
  • Drunken from Injury
  • Self: The Konti knows my Name
  • L'orlei: The Konti
  • L'orlei: Has Healing Abilities
Earnings/Expenses
  • - 5gm: Blue Scarf
  • + 1 Dagger

Ayviss
Skills
  • Observation +5
  • Unarmed Combat +2
  • Weapon: Dagger +1
Lores
  • Unarmed Combat: Distracting an Enemy to Attack
  • Self: It would be a good idea to learn how to fight..
  • Shakune: The Black-Eyed Lady
  • Shakune: Will Flirt in the Middle of a Bloodbath
Earnings/Expenses
  • +1 Dagger
Injuries
  • Any cuts or bruises she got during all of this will heal in a week.

L'orlei, Autumn, and Dale: Once you have updated your ledgers to reflect the season change, please send me a pm with the link to this thread and I'll release your grades for you! :)

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to send me a private message! Also, please remember to edit your post requesting the grade as "Graded."
With love,
Miss Jade
Amora Jade
Pronounced Thief

Words: 165569
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2011, 10:53 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Donor (1)